Thanks Vlad.

Dave 1974

Guest JamboRobbo
It wasn't Mr Romanov's money that enabled Hearts to offer Craig Gordon ?18,000 a week to expend his contract.

It was Mr Romanov's authorisation to his bank that enabled Hearts to add to our debt that enabled us to offer CG ?18K pw.

Aw well, hope you find a new forum soon. All the best. ;)

Excellent point. Definate innacuracy there. Bye PickyBum. Enjoy whatever forum you move on to next.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very poor :sad:

It wasn't his money, It was his banks :P

It just shows how bitter, and thick some on here are, when they can't even acknowledge what Mr Romanov done for us in regards to Craig Gordon.

If it is VR's money why is our debt going up ?

PresidentRomanov
Ukio/Ubig bank roll everything. Racking up our overall debt.

Keep paying him your money though...

Enjoy your next forum.

Well done, you ignored me for 41 minutes :teeth:

Seeing as you're speaking again though, can you explain how Vlad's asset stripping the club?

Or are you going to take the huff again because you can't ;)

Seeing as you're speaking again though, can you explain how Vlad's asset stripping the club?

mandi-0405-clamped.jpg

PresidentRomanov
If it is VR's money why is our debt going up ?

Where do you think the money's coming from to put our debt up?

Our overdraft. Just because VR has allowed us to run an infinite overdraft it does not make it his money.

Miss%20you%20card%20front%20--%20brittay.jpg

A shot in the dark but i'd say a bank is lending us the money.

It's not a gift or anything, it's a loan.

Anyway, i thought you weren't going to come on this forum again? ;)

PresidentRomanov
A shot in the dark but i'd say a bank is lending us the money.

It's not a gift or anything, it's a loan.

Anyway, i thought you weren't going to come on this forum again? ;)

I'm seriously considering it, It would appear I'm wasting my time trying to get through to some of the more mentally challenged on here :confused:

Before I go, could you tell me if any other bank in the world, would allow Hearts a ?40 million debt if Mr Romanov didn't own the club?

Or do you think we'd have to flog the stadium, and every other asset we owned, when it hit the ?20 million mark?

:hobofish:

stupidity_2.jpg

PresidentRomanov
Our overdraft. Just because VR has allowed us to run an infinite overdraft it does not make it his money.

Miss%20you%20card%20front%20--%20brittay.jpg

Except for the fact that it actually is his money you mean :confused:

Before I go, could you tell me if any other bank in the world, would allow Hearts a ?40 million debt if Mr Romanov didn't own the club?

The one that he has the majority of shares in.

Jog on.

I'm seriously considering it, It would appear I'm wasting my time trying to get through to some of the more mentally challenged on here :confused:

Or do you think we'd have to flog the stadium, and every other asset we owned, when it hit the ?20 million mark?

IMO, no other bank would allow us to get into the ridiculous level of debt we're currently in.

But that's beside the point. You said, and i quote, "If you can explain what part of my post isn't accurate, I'll never come on this forum again".

I explained the part of your post that wasn't accurate so now i'm just waiting to see if you're a man of your word.

See ya. ;)

PresidentRomanov
The one that he has the majority of shares in.

Jog on.

Another mind numbingly stupid reply.

I'm going out now, we're visiting my sister in law today, and she has a one year old son.

I'm going to explain some finance to him when I'm there, I'll find it easier than trying to get through to you.

Except for the fact that it actually is his money you mean :confused:

Being the majority shareholder in a bank does not mean all the money in the bank is yours.

farewell-00.png

PresidentRomanov
IMO, no other bank would allow us to get into the ridiculous level of debt we're currently in.

But that's beside the point. You said, and i quote, "If you can explain what part of my post isn't accurate, I'll never come on this forum again".

I explained the part of your post that wasn't accurate so now i'm just waiting to see if you're a man of your word.

See ya. ;)

What part wasn't accurate?

Or do you actually believe that Mr Romanov's bank's money, isn't his?

I'm going out now, we're visiting my sister in law today, and she has a one year old son.

I'm going to explain some finance to him when I'm there, I'll find it easier than trying to get through to you.

Remember to explain the difference between a loan and a gift.

See you on View From Gorgie on Monday.;)

PresidentRomanov
Being the majority shareholder in a bank does not mean all the money in the bank is yours.

farewell-00.png

Ok then, only the majority of it's his.

Do you think his bank would grant Hearts the financial support it does, If he didn't own the majority of Hearts too?

What part wasn't accurate?

Or do you actually believe that Mr Romanov's bank's money, isn't his?

Unless VR owns 100% of the shares then no, the banks money isn't VR's.

Au%20Revoir.jpg

PresidentRomanov
Remember to explain the difference between a loan and a gift.

See you on View From Gorgie on Monday.;)

I always thought a loan was something you have to pay back?

Care to expain how Hearts are ever going to pay back ?40 million?

Pete Seeger
Maybe you should put the bevvy down and help your 9 year old get cleaned up then.

:fing25:

I've renewed, Not sure if that makes me a real supporter or spineless. Either way i couldn't give a flying ferk what anyone on here thinks of me. I'm certainly not a fan of Romanov. Nor have I been for a considerable time. But I still look forward to my saturday afternoon with the boys and a trip to Tyncastle, Pittodrie, Rugby Park, Celtic Park . . . . . Thrown in with it.

Ok then, only the majority of it's his.

Do you think his bank would grant Hearts the financial support it does, If he didn't own the majority of Hearts too?

No danger ANY bank would allow us to run up the sort debt we have unless they or a group they were part of had a controlling interest in the bank. That was not what you said though so i don't get your point. If VR was using his own money why would our debt go up ?

Its ok i think you should stay you and your mate provide much humour during these depressing times.

I always thought a loan was something you have to pay back?

Care to expain how Hearts are ever going to pay back ?40 million?

We can't pay it back. It was still a loan though, unless you're saying it was actually a gift from VR? :wacko:

You should be used to those, this thread is littered with your work.

p.s. If that's you in your avatar, you look really rad man.....

There's an awful lot of avoiding facts on this thread.

Seems a new tact is ignoring what's written, and calling people wind up merchants because they can't counter the points posted.

If you can expain what part of my post isn't accurate, I'll never come on this forum again.

You work for the club, don't you.

Do you get overtime for placating the revolting hordes on a Sunday morning?

Is it just me or does every debate on here just become pedantic as feck to the point whereby any real issues are completely ignored.

Can everyone just take a dose of realism and realise that catching somebody out on the internet is not a productive way to spend your time.

I don't even think half the people on here believe what they say, just that both sides of the coin are so entrenched in their position that they don't want to give anything away in case it is seen as losing face.

Is it just me or does every debate on here just become pedantic as feck to the point whereby any real issues are completely ignored.

Can everyone just take a dose of realism and realise that catching somebody out on the internet is not a productive way to spend your time.

I don't even think half the people on here believe what they say, just that both sides of the coin are so entrenched in their position that they don't want to give anything away in case it is seen as losing face.

Very true.

I started this thread with the sole purpose of expressing my annoyance at reaching the stage of no longer supporting the working methods of Vladimir Romanov.

By and large, this was greeted with support and understanding of the current situation.

As is always the case though, you will always attract one or two individuals who approach with an agenda to provoke.

This is fair enough if they are actually able to debate without continually ignoring replies and points made in order to just annoy and basically troll the board. incidentally an offence which is met with a suspension, usually.

I have no problem with people who want to continue to put their money into VR's pockets. That's fine with me. He's just not getting anymore of mine until he starts to operate Heart of Midlothian FC like a football club again.

Very true.

I started this thread with the sole purpose of expressing my annoyance at reaching the stage of no longer supporting the working methods of Vladimir Romanov.

By and large, this was greeted with support and understanding of the current situation.

As is always the case though, you will always attract one or two individuals who approach with an agenda to provoke.

This is fair enough if they are actually able to debate without continually ignoring replies and points made in order to just annoy and basically troll the board. incidentally an offence which is met with a suspension, usually.

I have no problem with people who want to continue to put their money into VR's pockets. That's fine with me. He's just not getting anymore of mine until he starts to operate Heart of Midlothian FC like a football club again.

Would that be replies like "what evidence do you have that he has asset stripped?" which you have continually ignored. People who make libellous/slanderous allegations should also be banned or at least warned that unfounded allegations could cost them dearly in a court of law.

BTW if you don't want to put money in his pocket, don't do it. Are you so feckless that you need the support of others or are you on here just trying to stir things? Over 9000 fans have renewed!

Would that be replies like "what evidence do you have that he has asset stripped?" which you have continually ignored. People who make libellous/slanderous allegations should also be banned or at least warned that unfounded allegations could cost them dearly in a court of law.

BTW if you don't want to put money in his pocket, don't do it. Are you so feckless that you need the support of others or are you on here just trying to stir things? Over 9000 fans have renewed!

No need to be so hostile mate. Try conversing in a civil manner and you'll receive your answers.

I stated on another post, that the 'asset stripping' was in terms of the playing staff. Our most talented and significant players have been sold off and replaced with nothing of note.

Our only other 'asset' was Tynecastle.

Finally, i don't need the support of others in dealing with hostile posters. I'm more than capable of it. I'm aware 9000 heave renewed. Great. But what of the thousands that were on the waiting list just last season? You couldn't get into Tynecastle since 2005 for love nor money, now you can virtually hand pick your seat.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

We have only got the Club's word on that.

Which has become much devalued over the last three years in regards to veracity or putting it simply, nobody believes a lot of the stuff that is actually coming out anymore. No word at all on managers, but a lot about "9000" tickets being sold.

Ever felt you've been cheated?

As to asset stripping, Webster gone for a song, Gordon sold, Bednar gone, Hartley gone, Pressley driven out, Berra and Driver wanting away, quality people like Burley, Anderton, Foulkes leaving.

Absolute sh*te in a playing sense and coaching sense brought in, Kingston brought in with a view to selling him on when the right price offer comes in. Where has all these fees went to?

What is left? The Stadium?

This was not supposed to happen under the Vlad as we were entering a new era.

It might mean nothing to you, but the rest of Scotland sees us as a joke. It might mean nothing to you but it means a lot to many people this thing called pride.

No doubt you will refute everything forensically as usual.

Except you can't p*ss on my back and tell me it's raining.

Another un-intelligible rant with no facts.

So you believe Romanov has given us "hundreds" of lies, I challenge you to produce them on here. Real evidence i.e. direct quotes from Hearts/Romanov and not just what has been attributed to Romanov by posters on here.

I think you will find it very hard to substantiate your accusation of "He strips off and sells our assets to line his pockets", I have all the accounts here, I think it is you who is lying.

Promises? Again, produce some direct quotes about "promises".

"I'll wait. I'll wait until he builds the new stand. Will he? Who knows. Another lie? Time will tell..." If it's a lie, it would be a very expensive and time consuming one, I think you need professional help.

Once you've grown up and stopped being a glory hunter you might be able to make a coherent argument and sensible people might listen to you.

Once again its easy for you to criticise a poster why don't you sheep put up a positive case for Romanov which is just a bit convincing and leave out the ' WE ARE STILL AT TYNECASTLE' bit.

Come on let us see something convincing for the future from you bams.

By The Light..
I have NOT renewed.

I'm quite angry and saddened by it, to be honest.

It's something i felt i had/wanted to do. My own personal statement.

Some people will recognise these words and agree with them. Some will not. Some will claim i'm attention seeking. Some will say i echo hundreds, if not thousands of opinions.

Vladimir Romanov is a person i don't like. I did once, quickly saw through is social charm offensive and his vial of lies.

They are numerous and we've all heard them hundreds of times. Some are frankly embarrassing. Some ludicrous.

When it came to the renewal date, i just didn't have the motivation or inclination to give this Baltic Bammer anymore of my money.

I work hard for my cash and i as far as i'm concerned he's stole enough from me.

I thank him for the 2005 season. That was a blast and worth every penny.

The rest? Shove it.

It's now taken him six months to find a manager and still we wait. And wait. And wait.

He strips off and sells our assets to line his pockets. He promises the world and delivers us nothing.

I'll wait. I'll wait until he builds the new stand. Will he? Who knows. Another lie? Time will tell...

I only wish every other Hearts fan would NOT renew also. As a stand of unity. One strong message.

Reality dictates that this will never happen. It would've sent a warning across his bow though. A walk up to the gate support. Cash on the day only, if you please Mr. Romanov.

Once the HMS Jambo has steadied herself, I'll climb back aboard. Until then, i'll continue my little own personal protest against our regime.

:sad:

I agree to all of that.

Basically everyone has their breaking point.

The emporer is stark naked as far as I can see but you can fool some of the people for a long time.

Walk up cash gates at tynecastle for me please.

Nookie Bear

Sorry, but the time for tough-talking on kickback is long gone.

If anyone feels thatstrongly then I expect them either to demand their season ticket money back and join a regular protest outside the ground for every home game.

Well?

I suspect that the middle ground is where most stand.

Now dislike the way that VR runs Hearts and can see a deterioration in the future if he continues to run the club the same way in the future. But still want to go to the games to see Hearts play. There is too much personal history and club history to let any one owner of the club sour my relationship with the club. That's where I stand.

Pants Shaton
We have only got the Club's word on that.

Which has become much devalued over the last three years in regards to veracity or putting it simply, nobody believes a lot of the stuff that is actually coming out anymore. No word at all on managers, but a lot about "9000" tickets being sold.

Ever felt you've been cheated?

As to asset stripping, Webster gone for a song, Gordon sold, Bednar gone, Hartley gone, Pressley driven out, Berra and Driver wanting away, quality people like Burley, Anderton, Foulkes leaving.

Absolute sh*te in a playing sense and coaching sense brought in, Kingston brought in with a view to selling him on when the right price offer comes in. Where has all these fees went to?

What is left? The Stadium?

This was not supposed to happen under the Vlad as we were entering a new era.

It might mean nothing to you, but the rest of Scotland sees us as a joke. It might mean nothing to you but it means a lot to many people this thing called pride.

No doubt you will refute everything forensically as usual.

Except you can't p*ss on my back and tell me it's raining.

I agree with a lot of what you say FWJ, but I do feel that you diminish your argument by blaming Vlad in situations which are either not his fault or are, in fact, to his credit.

Craig Gordon would most likely have been a Rangers or Celtic player having been sold for just over ?1 million (if we were lucky) had Romanov not secured him on a long contract to the tune of ?16,000+/week. Without Romanov we would have been forced to sell well below the market value. The same is true of Hartley - we would have been unable to repel the ?300,000 offer Celtic made in early 2005 without Romanov's financial 'clout' behind us. Bednar would not have been at Hearts without Romanov and, in the end, ?2.5 million was reasonable business for a guy who didn't do it for us consistently (even if that was because of the managerial shambles).

Blame for the Webster debacle lies on both sides; though perhaps more with Vlad than Judas - who knows? The Pressley situation will, with the passing of time and when passions have settled, be regarded with as much embarrassment as the Willie Bauld Testimonial. Shame on Romanov for that - if he is capable of experiencing that emotion.

Ron Burgundy

Exactamundo.

PresidentRomanov
I agree with a lot of what you say FWJ, but I do feel that you diminish your argument by blaming Vlad in situations which are either not his fault or are, in fact, to his credit.

Craig Gordon would most likely have been a Rangers or Celtic player having been sold for just over ?1 million (if we were lucky) had Romanov not secured him on a long contract to the tune of ?16,000+/week. Without Romanov we would have been forced to sell well below the market value. The same is true of Hartley - we would have been unable to repel the ?300,000 offer Celtic made in early 2005 without Romanov's financial 'clout' behind us. Bednar would not have been at Hearts without Romanov and, in the end, ?2.5 million was reasonable business for a guy who didn't do it for us consistently (even if that was because of the managerial shambles).

Blame for the Webster debacle lies on both sides; though perhaps more with Vlad than Judas - who knows? The Pressley situation will, with the passing of time and when passions have settled, be regarded with as much embarrassment as the Willie Bauld Testimonial. Shame on Romanov for that - if he is capable of experiencing that emotion.

Agree with all of that, except the Pressley bit, the only one who should be embarrassed about that, is him.

You can tell it was a good post, by the lack of replies :)

You're probably right Gman concerning the sale of these players without VR's financial intervention. The destination of these players is open for debate. Old Filth are generally favourites, but CG was being tracked by English and foreign clubs for a while as he was obviously our main footballing asset.

And you're 100% correct regarding Romanov's diabolical treatment of Steven Pressley. A player that VR himself said would've made a fantastic Hearts manager one day. VR will feel no shame as he lacks the moral fibre to feel such emotions.

The irony is overwhelming really.

He's created such a devastating scenario for the club to be in, that only he can save us from it. That is if someone else with good financial clout weren't to step in.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

All this happened under his watch.

It has ALL left the footballing side of the club at a weakened state because these guys have not been replaced with even hardworking journeymen capable of keeping Hearts in the top six. They have been replaced by dross and the management structure is non existent.

I don't care if anyone forensically sifts through all the above names and the various scenarios involved in their leaving HMFC. The fact is the Club is nowhere near the better for being WITHOUT them. Gordon left for ?9m. Where is this money? Players left in the past eg Naismith, McCann, Cameron and the money went into a black hole. Where has all the money gone this time?

If there was a revolving door of good players leaving and being replaced by more than just adequate replacements then fine, but we are being stripped off anyone with value and the playing standards have incrementally declined month by month over three years to the point where we finished 8th.

No long term plan, the youth set up is the poorest it has been for years. So called wunderkids that want to leave. Where are the Naismiths, McKays, Locke's etc from the youth ranks ready to step up?

If this is not asset stripping, what is?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Agree with all of that, except the Pressley bit, the only one who should be embarrassed about that, is him.

You can tell it was a good post, by the lack of replies :)

See above, Superfan.

Pants Shaton
All this happened under his watch.

It has ALL left the footballing side of the club at a weakened state because these guys have not been replaced with even hardworking journeymen capable of keeping Hearts in the top six. They have been replaced by dross and the management structure is non existent.

I don't care if anyone forensically sifts through all the above names and the various scenarios involved in their leaving HMFC. The fact is the Club is nowhere near the better for being WITHOUT them. Gordon left for ?9m. Where is this money? Players left in the past eg Naismith, McCann, Cameron and the money went into a black hole. Where has all the money gone this time?

If there was a revolving door of good players leaving and being replaced by more than just adequate replacements then fine, but we are being stripped off anyone with value and the playing standards have incrementally declined month by month over three years to the point where we finished 8th.

No long term plan, the youth set up is the poorest it has been for years. So called wunderkids that want to leave. Where are the Naismiths, McKays, Locke's etc from the youth ranks ready to step up?

If this is not asset stripping, what is?

I made no comment regarding his failure to replace these players with (as he promised when Skacel and Webster left, 'players of similar quality or better) because it is glaringly obvious that he lied. It is glaringly obvious that he is a serial liar.

Still, you do your argument no favours by failing to acknowledge the positives, even if they are limited.

If CPR (or equivalent) was in charge, whatever club Gordon ended up going to would have paid a fraction of what we actually received. The Bednar, Hartley and Gordon transfers have, arguably, covered a large proportion of the spend which secured us another cup and the 2nd place finish.

No one can argue that our current squad is weaker than the one Romanov inherited. Not only that, it also lacks the 'Scottish backbone' which he claimed was so important and the 'cement' (his own words, little more than a fortnight before stabbing him in the back) that was Steven Pressley.

Don't get me wrong - I don't believe for a second that Romanov has Hearts best interests in mind; there are plenty of clear examples of this without having to introduce weaknesses into the argument for Romanov enthusiasts to beat you with.

Another un-intelligible rant with no facts.

So you believe Romanov has given us "hundreds" of lies, I challenge you to produce them on here. Real evidence i.e. direct quotes from Hearts/Romanov and not just what has been attributed to Romanov by posters on here.

I think you will find it very hard to substantiate your accusation of "He strips off and sells our assets to line his pockets", I have all the accounts here, I think it is you who is lying.

Promises? Again, produce some direct quotes about "promises".

"I'll wait. I'll wait until he builds the new stand. Will he? Who knows. Another lie? Time will tell..." If it's a lie, it would be a very expensive and time consuming one, I think you need professional help.

Once you've grown up and stopped being a glory hunter you might be able to make a coherent argument and sensible people might listen to you.

this is romanov, no honour, no pride, no ambition and no idea of what it takes to manage a team like the hearts.

once you've learned what supporting a team like hearts is all about you'll then have to grow a back bone and stop acting like a jelly fish.

PresidentRomanov
this is romanov, no honour, no pride, no ambition and no idea of what it takes to manage a team like the hearts.

once you've learned what supporting a team like hearts is all about you'll then have to grow a back bone and stop acting like a jelly fish.

Shotty - it's Mad Mental Mitch :eek:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I made no comment regarding his failure to replace these players with (as he promised when Skacel and Webster left, 'players of similar quality or better) because it is glaringly obvious that he lied. It is glaringly obvious that he is a serial liar.

Still, you do your argument no favours by failing to acknowledge the positives, even if they are limited.

If CPR (or equivalent) was in charge, whatever club Gordon ended up going to would have paid a fraction of what we actually received. The Bednar, Hartley and Gordon transfers have, arguably, covered a large proportion of the spend which secured us another cup and the 2nd place finish.

No one can argue that our current squad is weaker than the one Romanov inherited. Not only that, it also lacks the 'Scottish backbone' which he claimed was so important and the 'cement' (his own words, little more than a fortnight before stabbing him in the back) that was Steven Pressley.

Don't get me wrong - I don't believe for a second that Romanov has Hearts best interests in mind; there are plenty of clear examples of this without having to introduce weaknesses into the argument for Romanov enthusiasts to beat you with.

I can't acknowledge any positives if the man leads us first, to Division One and then possible oblivion.

The future of Heart of Midlothian FC is more important than a Scottish Cup, a Champions League qualifier and 4-0 v Lochend Vice-boys.

Hitler built the Autobahn's, that was a positive to some people.

The future of HMFC is at stake.

Pants Shaton

The future of HMFC is at stake.

Yes.

The season ticket protest remains, in my opinion, the only significant means by which to influence those 'running' the club. Talk of boycotting merchandise and the pie-stand are laughable. We have to accept that most Hearts fans (even if the club have massaged ST sales figures) have opted not to follow us in that regard.

Heart of Midlothian are now, like it or not, completely at the mercy of UBIG and Vladimir Romanov. That is not just my opinion, it is the assessment of the auditor based on the club's latest accounts. If he pulls the plug Hearts will cease to exist in its current form.

I don't think there's anything we can do until a majority of paying customers chose to unite. Even then, with complete control, Romanov can do what he pleases.

I continue to believe there will always be a HMFC; our fans and history guarantee that.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Yes.

The season ticket protest remains, in my opinion, the only significant means by which to influence those 'running' the club. Talk of boycotting merchandise and the pie-stand are laughable. We have to accept that most Hearts fans (even if the club have massaged ST sales figures) have opted not to follow us in that regard.

Heart of Midlothian are now, like it or not, completely at the mercy of UBIG and Vladimir Romanov. That is not just my opinion, it is the assessment of the auditor based on the club's latest accounts. If he pulls the plug Hearts will cease to exist in its current form.

I don't think there's anything we can do until a majority of paying customers chose to unite. Even then, with complete control, Romanov can do what he pleases.

I continue to believe there will always be a HMFC; our fans and history guarantee that.

Sadly, the ST's renewal was a failure in that regard. If 9000 actually renewed up to the renewal date, then that for me is still far too much and it has not succeeded even though it is well down on last year. Obviously, Vlad sees it as a good sign, if he even bothered to acknowledge it anyway. It does not matter now whether you decide to renew or not. If you feel you want to go to the games a cheaply and conveniently as possible, then that is up to you. The chance has gone for this year. If many more had held firm, then maybe it could have made a difference.

I now think only a catastrophic first few months of the new season in regards to results will finally stir Hearts fans. With another puppet in the dugout.

I see only a bleak future right now and it is heart-breaking.

Archived