Thanks Vlad.

Dave 1974

Guest S.U.S.S.
If anybody is actually blunt enough to call themselves a 'real' supporter over somebody else, then for me personally, the debate is already invalid.

What makes someone more 'real' than the next? What qualifies?

Somebody who has an ST? Goes to all matches home and away? Chases opposition fans up Gorgie Rd? Indulges in a spot of pavement dancing at Haymaket station? Sits with his friends bumping gums on all things Jambo? Buying the team shirt? Drinking in Robbo's? Replying 'Jambo' when someone asks your team?

Like Pickybum claims, if you don't sit in the stadium you are not a supporter. By that Einstein-esque logic that would imply that Hearts FC only have around 17,000 'supporters'.

Magic. :irritated:

For me, the difference is

Supporter, supports the club with monetary contributions, ST, merchandise etc.

A Fan, looks out for the result on TV but does not contribute financially to the club.

Possibly over simplistic but there you go.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pants Shaton
Dont worry MJ, the term **** will probably have him in trouble with the mods.

For contravening the rule of accurate descriptions?

jimjamjolly
If anybody is actually blunt enough to call themselves a 'real' supporter over somebody else, then for me personally, the debate is already invalid.

What makes someone more 'real' than the next? What qualifies?

Somebody who has an ST? Goes to all matches home and away? Chases opposition fans up Gorgie Rd? Indulges in a spot of pavement dancing at Haymaket station? Sits with his friends bumping gums on all things Jambo? Buying the team shirt? Drinking in Robbo's? Replying 'Jambo' when someone asks your team?

Like Pickybum claims, if you don't sit in the stadium you are not a supporter. By that Einstein-esque logic that would imply that Hearts FC only have around 17,000 'supporters'.

Magic. :irritated:

Sorry for being so pedantic, but by the end of last season we only had about 10,000 supporters:p

Pants Shaton
Sorry for being so pedantic, but by the end of last season we only had about 10,000 supporters:p

:hobofish:

A Fan, looks out for the result on TV but does not contribute financially to the club.

What happens if you buy the shirts and other merchandise but not a ST?

Would that qualify you as half a supporter?

Seriously, it's not a case of what makes a supporter a 'real' supporter, that argument is purely subjective and down to opinion.

When i had my ST, i wouldn't ever say to a guy who couldn't afford one that i was more 'real' than him. That would be obscene.

cool mate i do tend to go over the top.

Imagine NT calling me a HOBO.

Honestly man, whats wrong with you, there is a screw loose in your head son.

I have never seen anyone who can recognise letters on a keyboard and arrange them in such an incoherant manor.

I am not normally one for verbally attacking people, but you really do take the biscuit, people have idea's which they believe may be able to help our current situation, and all you do is go on about how great a fan you are, well lets be honest, you are a dinosaur mate, someone who used to be into football violence and with very limited intelligence, I have known people like you and sometimes you should just shut your mouth rather than talk and sound like the idiot that you are.

Still think you may actually be a wind up of some sort, but if you are, well done, i honestly don't think anyone else could act so stupid for so long, so convincingly.

Think i had a wee verbal with prancer once (who hasn't) but at least he can put himself across quite eloquently and sometimes actually talks sense when he is not noising up.

Anyway man, grow up, your old ffs, you really should know better than you act, and i dread to think of the example you set for your kid.

He Who Cannot Be Named
Ok then, but what should you call a football "supporter" who say's he won't be back until things are better?

Serious question.

Call him whatever you want, at least they have sense and a set of balls.

Tube.

PresidentRomanov

Seriously, it's not a case of what makes a supporter a 'real' supporter, that argument is purely subjective and down to opinion.

When i had my ST, i wouldn't ever say to a guy who couldn't afford one that i was more 'real' than him. That would be obscene.

A sure sign you're struggling when you try to twist things.

You know fine well, I'm talking about people who could go if they chose to, but aren't because the team is crap just now.

If by some miracle, Hearts got of to a Burley type start next season, and were challenging for the championship, would you go back then?

Totally hypothetical question, but I'd appreciate an honest answer - if you're capable of giving one :)

A few idiots on JKB (You khnow the ohnes) continue to label those who've not renewed as glory-hunters. All the facts point in the opposite direction. Most people who haven't renewed have happily supported Hearts through thick and thin - but this self inflicted shambles is a step too far - your post perfectly articulates the way most of us feel about Romaknob.

Your Spot On!

I have not always had a season ticket, supported HMFC since 1970, used to go with my dad who was not in a position to buy season tickets but he would scrap the money together every week to support the club.

It does not make you any less a supporter not having a season ticket!

A sure sign you're struggling when you try to twist things.

You know fine well, I'm talking about people who could go if they chose to, but aren't because the team is crap just now.

If by some miracle, Hearts got of to a Burley type start next season, and were challenging for the championship, would you go back then?

Totally hypothetical question, but I'd appreciate an honest answer - if you're capable of giving one :)

Against my better judgment i'm going to answer you, even though you're the one that's obviously struggling as we can all see.

You're clearly still not understanding this concept are you? Are you seriously that hard of thinking?

It's Vladimir Romanov i have the problem with.

Not Hearts.

He is not getting anymore of my money until he proves he knows what he is doing with it.

Pants Shaton

If Hearts appointed a 'Burley' type manager, I'd buy a season ticket before the season started. It has nothing to do with chasing 'glory' and everything to do with wanting our club run properly.

You seem incapable of grasping that (none too subtle) difference.

That would be an admirable stance, if it wasn't for the fact it's utter garbage.

Fact is, you don't have the stomach to support the club through this trying period.

If Hearts get to the cup final next year, will you "hop aboard" again?

You lot should just listen to yourselves! All you "I'm a real fan cos I re-newed" crap is absolute pish! I've been going to Tynie 25 years, hardly missing a game but I've refused to fund MadVlad next season because I don't like what he's doing to the club, It's THAT simple. All i'll say on the subject is - if it all goes tits up again like the last 2 seasons, don't come on here whinging and moaning about this player and that player, refs or when you've walked out, ****ed off cos we've lost again because you've been warned what it's going to be like. Look at the facts so far... No new manager, Malofeev possibly in charge of pre-season, Frail cocking up tactics yet again, probably playing 1 up front, (usually someone that couldnae score in a brothel) no new players, a youth policy that dosen't produce as many youngsters as that lot at Fester Road, never giving players chances to show what they could do in the team, it goes on and on and on... Trying to point-score against other kick-backers..FFS!!

You seem incapable of grasping that (none too subtle) difference.

He understands perfectly, he's just trying to get a reaction.

Its like me saying that the people like him who accept anything the Romanov's throw at him are happy taking it up the arse (dry) from Vlad.

He understands perfectly, he's just trying to get a reaction.

That's the sad part.

four_goodbye.jpg

Guest S.U.S.S.

Exactly mate, which is why i added my final sentence, its far from cut and dried. Ill buy a season ticket when Mad Vlad shows some sense and gets us in a manager that can move us forward, as much as i try i probably wont be able to resist the odd purchase here and there, oh and will still go to the Hibs, Celtic and Rangers games at home for sure. Other games i may pick and choose, i think ill find myself at more away games as a result.

i think ill find myself at more away games as a result.

That's my intention, but only pay at the gate matches.

he is greener than my p iss after 12 bottles of leffe.

leffe blonde or brun?

i hate the brown leffe but the blonde one is very nice

Miller Jambo 60

I have never seen anyone who can recognise letters on a keyboard and arrange them in such an incoherant manor.

I am not normally one for verbally attacking people, but you really do take the biscuit, people have idea's which they believe may be able to help our current situation, and all you do is go on about how great a fan you are, well lets be honest, you are a dinosaur mate, someone who used to be into football violence and with very limited intelligence, I have known people like you and sometimes you should just shut your mouth rather than talk and sound like the idiot that you are.

Still think you may actually be a wind up of some sort, but if you are, well done, i honestly don't think anyone else could act so stupid for so long, so convincingly.

Think i had a wee verbal with prancer once (who hasn't) but at least he can put himself across quite eloquently and sometimes actually talks sense when he is not noising up.

Anyway man, grow up, your old ffs, you really should know better than you act, and i dread to think of the example you set for your kid.

OK big man fancy a pint end off

Guest S.U.S.S.
That's my intention, but only pay at the gate matches.

Sadly (or not), i dont think we will be the only ones. Think it would be a great statement if we had big away crowds and average home gates.

Is that,they are giving money now or have given thousands in the past?

Pants Shaton

Sorry to be a d!ck, but that's quite funny.

Dagger Is Back
Can you get a refund before you use it ?

Imagine 5,000 Jambos arriving at the ticket office asking for their money back :biggrin:

Now THAT is a plan. I love that one.

Thats a bit of a roasting there:eek:

Dirk Diggler

When the team is doing well more people will renew than when the team is doing poorly.

That's always been, and always will be the case.

If Romanov had put the club ?40 million into debt but his attempt at playing Football manager had been a success and he had unearthed a diamond in Ivaskevicius more people would have renewed than have done.

Sadly, that isn't the case.

People have the right to make their own mind up on how they wish to spend their money and I'd never attempt to tell anyone how they should spend it.

winston churchill
leffe blonde or brun?

i hate the brown leffe but the blonde one is very nice

i am a conasour of both mate:dribble:

I have NOT renewed.

I'm quite angry and saddened by it, to be honest.

It's something i felt i had/wanted to do. My own personal statement.

Some people will recognise these words and agree with them. Some will not. Some will claim i'm attention seeking. Some will say i echo hundreds, if not thousands of opinions.

Vladimir Romanov is a person i don't like. I did once, quickly saw through is social charm offensive and his vial of lies.

They are numerous and we've all heard them hundreds of times. Some are frankly embarrassing. Some ludicrous.

When it came to the renewal date, i just didn't have the motivation or inclination to give this Baltic Bammer anymore of my money.

I work hard for my cash and i as far as i'm concerned he's stole enough from me.

I thank him for the 2005 season. That was a blast and worth every penny.

The rest? Shove it.

It's now taken him six months to find a manager and still we wait. And wait. And wait.

He strips off and sells our assets to line his pockets. He promises the world and delivers us nothing.

I'll wait. I'll wait until he builds the new stand. Will he? Who knows. Another lie? Time will tell...

I only wish every other Hearts fan would NOT renew also. As a stand of unity. One strong message.

Reality dictates that this will never happen. It would've sent a warning across his bow though. A walk up to the gate support. Cash on the day only, if you please Mr. Romanov.

Once the HMS Jambo has steadied herself, I'll climb back aboard. Until then, i'll continue my little own personal protest against our regime.

:sad:

Can you help by explaining what assets/value he stripped.

The Old Tolbooth
When the team is doing well more people will renew than when the team is doing poorly.

That's always been, and always will be the case.

If Romanov had put the club ?40 million into debt but his attempt at playing Football manager had been a success and he had unearthed a diamond in Ivaskevicius more people would have renewed than have done.

Sadly, that isn't the case.

People have the right to make their own mind up on how they wish to spend their money and I'd never attempt to tell anyone how they should spend it.

I disagree mate, in the past I would have renewed no matter what happened, but I've had enough, and feel the time is right to try to hit the Russian bam where it hurts, it's just a pity that 10000 others seemed to disagree with me and give the nut job the green light to carry on shafting us all!

crazy_jambo_2006

I haven't renewed. Had season ticket for yrs, even when lived abroad. He's turned the club into a laughing stock. He's a liar +an embarrassment. I don't want to give him more money. Before anyone says that fans who don't renew are gloryhunters, glory hunters would follow Celtic or Gers, not Hearts.

I disagree mate, in the past I would have renewed no matter what happened, but I've had enough, and feel the time is right to try to hit the Russian bam where it hurts,

merseyjambo

My folks haven't renewed this year and my dads been a ST holder since the mid 80s. They have found less and less enthusiasm for going and are fed up with the lack of effort from the team and the complete crap that comes out of the boardroom.

There are a lot I know who have been ST holders for a while who have stopped going because of the way the club is being run.

I only get to games occasionally because of my job but can quite honestly say, I don't think I've known apathy like it from a lot of people.

It doesn't make people glory hunters or less of a supporter but people who care about the direction the club is being taken in.

Oh and Miller J, looking at the poll of those who were not renewing, I noticed your name was on it. Have you renewed or haven't you or is it just you being schizophrenic?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Oh my God...

Can you explain why you still defend this man?

What is he paying you?

Starting to think that guys like you have some sort of agenda, Christ knows what it is, but continually defending Romanov is becoming highly dubious.

I`ll start

Velicka

You may well say he was a Kaunas player but if what Vlad intended to do was to build Hearts as a team then he could have bought Velicka for a nominal fee from Kaunas. Instead we have this merry go round of loan etc etc which ends up in Hearts being the vessel that show cases Velicka and attracts the attention of others and more importantly Rangers. The end result is Ubig/Vlad/Kaunas whomever you wish to believe inherits the fee from Stavanger who in turn sell to a team in jig time and make a profit while the team that eventually obtains him i.e Rancers we prob would not have sold to to prevent an uproar.

May not be asset stripping in the purest form but it certainly was not in any way beneificial to Hearts

The Old Tolbooth
I`ll start

Velicka

You may well say he was a Kaunas player but if what Vlad intended to do was to build Hearts as a team then he could have bought Velicka for a nominal fee from Kaunas. Instead we have this merry go round of loan etc etc which ends up in Hearts being the vessel that show cases Velicka and attracts the attention of others and more importantly Rangers. The end result is Ubig/Vlad/Kaunas whomever you wish to believe inherits the fee from Stavanger who in turn sell to a team in jig time and make a profit while the team that eventually obtains him i.e Rancers we prob would not have sold to to prevent an uproar.

May not be asset stripping in the purest form but it certainly was not in any way beneificial to Hearts

I agree totally with that mate, and in a strange, perverse kind of way, I'm actually taking some delight at Velicka signing for the bigots, because Vlad wont like that one little bit, and it gets it right up him!

I`ll start

Velicka

That's an excellent start! Stripping an asset we never owned. Without the advantage of hindsight can you tell me now which other loanee you'd buy for a nominal fee to avoid a repeat. As regards players, we are a selling club and can only make decisions AT THE TIME to get the best price we can.

I thought at least the OP would give details from published accounts that showed he had asset stripped and Velicka's transfer came after 31/7/07.

PresidentRomanov
That's an excellent start! Stripping an asset we never owned. Without the advantage of hindsight can you tell me now which other loanee you'd buy for a nominal fee to avoid a repeat. As regards players, we are a selling club and can only make decisions AT THE TIME to get the best price we can.

I thought at least the OP would give details from published accounts that showed he had asset stripped and Velicka's transfer came after 31/7/07.

That's hilarious :arf:

Vlad's asset stripping us, by selling a player we've never owned :dribble:

That's hilarious :arf:

Vlad's asset stripping us, by selling a player we've never owned :dribble:

Relying on someone else to bolster your non-argument has just proved you are a non-entity.

I will heed others advice and ignore you from now on as you clearly are no longer worth a debate.

PresidentRomanov
Relying on someone else to bolster your non-argument has just proved you are a non-entity.

I will heed others advice and ignore you from now on as you clearly are no longer worth a debate.

Sorry for going out last night :)

Good idea about ignoring me, It'll save you having to explain how Vlad is asset stripping Hearts ;)

You staunch support of Vladimir Romanov is admirable if not completely wayward.

You claim we are a selling club, but VR himself has clearly stated in the past that we are not. Mmm.

The old chestnut of 'produce detailed published accounts....' is just nonsense. Try and create an argument through sheer stubborness and the need to negate any sense of realism is frankly, astonishing.

'Asset stripping' in terms of the footballing product. If you don't believe that we have stripped our playing staff and sold off our best assets/players you need your head examined.

And the return for the sales of these players? Nothing. Sub-standard duds from across European backwaters.

?9m we received for Gordon if reports are to be believed. Did we re-invest any of this capital in the playing squad? No. We were left with a 35 year old to fill CG's boots.

Anybody within the squad who is worth a selling on fee is being paraded in a footballing ship window. This is widely accepted by all and sundry, apart from the few remaining supporters of VR.

PresidentRomanov

If it weren't for Mr Romanov's money enabling Hearts to offer Craig Gordon ?18,000 a week to expend his contract, Hearts would've lost him for next to nothing.

So by my reckoning, we're around ?9 million up thanks to Vlads asset stripping, before you even start to look at other examples :)

If it weren't for Mr Romanov's money enabling Hearts to offer Craig Gordon ?18,000 a week to expend his contract, Hearts would've lost him for next to nothing.

So by my reckoning, we're around ?9 million up thanks to Vlads asset stripping, before you even start to look at other examples :)

Since being found out your attempts at trolling are of a very poor standard. You really need to work on that or pick up the pieces of your reputation from the floor and move along.

PresidentRomanov
Since being found out your attempts at trolling are of a very poor standard. You really need to work on that or pick up the pieces of your reputation from the floor and move along.

There's an awful lot of avoiding facts on this thread.

Seems a new tact is ignoring what's written, and calling people wind up merchants because they can't counter the points posted.

If you can expain what part of my post isn't accurate, I'll never come on this forum again.

Guest JamboRobbo

If you can expain what part of my post isn't accurate, I'll never come on this forum again.

Please. Somebody.

There's an awful lot of avoiding facts on this thread.

Seems a new tact is ignoring what's written, and calling people wind up merchants because they can't counter the points posted.

It wasn't Mr Romanov's money that enabled Hearts to offer Craig Gordon ?18,000 a week to expend his contract.

It was Mr Romanov's authorisation to his bank that enabled Hearts to add to our debt that enabled us to offer CG ?18K pw.

Aw well, hope you find a new forum soon. All the best. ;)

Ukio/Ubig bank roll everything. Racking up our overall debt.

Keep paying him your money though...

Enjoy your next forum.

PresidentRomanov
It wasn't Mr Romanov's money that enabled Hearts to offer Craig Gordon ?18,000 a week to expend his contract.

It was Mr Romanov's authorisation to his bank that enabled Hearts to add to our debt that enabled us to offer CG ?18K pw.

Aw well, hope you find a new forum soon. All the best. ;)

Very poor :sad:

It wasn't his money, It was his banks :P

It just shows how bitter, and thick some on here are, when they can't even acknowledge what Mr Romanov done for us in regards to Craig Gordon.

Very poor :sad:

It wasn't his money, It was his banks :P

It just shows how bitter, and thick some on here are, when they can't even acknowledge what Mr Romanov done for us in regards to Craig Gordon.

Was it VR's money? Yes or no?

I'll make it easy for you.... did VR pay CG ?18K from his own money or was the CG wage added to our debt? yes or no?

Nothing to do with bitter or thick, simple question relating to your post.

What's your new forum going to be? I may pop in to say hello. ;)

Archived