Poisoned Russian spy.

Rab87

6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Just a bit food for thought. Just before the spy nonsense started, Donald Tusk was on the record saying Irish border talks first before anything on Brexit. 

So the government poisoned two residents of the UK with a rare to unknown chemical weapon to start a sparring match with Russia?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• jake

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Space Mackerel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

8th March? So why so long? Are they on the moon?

This reeks!

The Skripal's were poisoned on the 4 March, it took a few days to positively identify the nerve agent involved, the UK notifies the OPCW on the 8 March that a Novichok nerve agent had been used in this attack.

What reeks about that?

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Skripal's were poisoned on the 4 March, it took a few days to positively identify the nerve agent involved, the UK notifies the OPCW on the 8 March that a Novichok nerve agent had been used in this attack.

What reeks about that?

Nothing. It's a logical progression. But it's a false flag.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, JamboX2 said:

So the government poisoned two residents of the UK with a rare to unknown chemical weapon to start a sparring match with Russia?

Of course not! Putin is a very bad man who wants to kill everyone on this planet, unless you like ice hockey and judo.  

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

What reeks about that?

How can you know what a substance is when you don’t know it even existed prior to the event taking place. Weird. 

3fingersreid
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

How can you know what a substance is when you don’t know it even existed prior to the event taking place. Weird. 

The First Minister believes it was Russia , can’t see her backing the PM unless she’s seen evidence to point the finger at Russia 

deesidejambo
6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

They did know.   You believe ML

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The First Minister believes it was Russia , can’t see her backing the PM unless she’s seen evidence to point the finger at Russia 

As if Nicola Sturgeon would get access to that level of MI6 or MI5 intelligence. She doesn’t even get on the Brexit stuff. 

The SNP statement was thus, to keep a level playing field. Not to rustle any jimmies, especially what happened to Corbyn after his. 

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

As if Nicola Sturgeon would get access to that level of MI6 or MI5 intelligence. She doesn’t even get on the Brexit stuff. 

The SNP statement was thus, to keep a level playing field. Not to rustle any jimmies, especially what happened to Corbyn after his. 

Got to disagree , I’m not a supporter of NS but one thing about her that I do like is she speaks her mind , if she had any doubts about the information or thought she was being given reduced information she’d never give her backing to the PM ( and rightly so) 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Got to disagree , I’m not a supporter of NS but one thing about her that I do like is she speaks her mind , if she had any doubts about the information or thought she was being given reduced information she’d never give her backing to the PM ( and rightly so) 

What information was she given? 

Judge Fudge

This is classic problem, reaction, solution tactics from take your pick of governments. The way it played out here was shock, kick out there diplomats most of them are spies anyway. Go after the "oligarchs" and officials and the royals will boycott the World Cup. Will they send the team? You bet your arse they will. The man on the street might start asking questions guvnor. 

3fingersreid
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

What information was she given? 

How the hell would I know , what I do know is there’s no way she’d offer her support to a PM who she clearly doesn’t like and is at polar opposites of the political scale .

Behave you’re better than that . 

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

The guy who helped to develop it defected to the USA.

Now I'm just guessing here, but don't you think he'd have helped the Americans to make it as well, might explain why there is allegedly an antidote to it.

And contrary to what some people would like you to think, an awful is known about the Novichok class of nerve agents.

Just because it's not plastered all over facebook or twitter or even in Scientific Journals doesn't mean that nothing was known about the nerve agent.

There is such a thing as not letting your adversary know that you know what they are doing.

Space Mackerel
Just now, 3fingersreid said:

How the hell would I know , what I do know is there’s no way she’d offer her support to a PM who she clearly doesn’t like and is at polar opposites of the political scale .

Behave you’re better than that . 

She would though if it kept a major row off the front pages like Corbyn failed to do this morning.  She has nothing to gain politically  by calling out May on this subject. That’s all I’m saying. 

3fingersreid

She would though if it kept a major row off the front pages like Corbyn failed to do this morning.  She has nothing to gain politically  by calling out May on this subject. That’s all I’m saying. 

Fare enough , my opinion is ,if she had any doubts , NS would’ve said nothing but she’s offered her full support . 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The guy who helped to develop it defected to the USA.

Now I'm just guessing here, but don't you think he'd have helped the Americans to make it as well, might explain why there is allegedly an antidote to it.

And contrary to what some people would like you to think, an awful is known about the Novichok class of nerve agents.

Just because it's not plastered all over facebook or twitter or even in Scientific Journals doesn't mean that nothing was known about the nerve agent.

There is such a thing as not letting your adversary know that you know what they are doing.

Did I not link an article from the NY Times I think to the US “cleaning up” the old Soviet chemical weapons test/development in Uzbekistan in 92/93 a few pages earlier? Did he not work there and spilt the beans? 

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Fare enough , my opinion is ,if she had any doubts , NS would’ve said nothing but she’s offered her full support . 

Just start thinking a wee bit outside the box, why and what people say things, especially in politics, it’s a game of 3D chess so the saying goes. 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Did I not link an article from the NY Times I think to the US “cleaning up” the old Soviet chemical weapons test/development in Uzbekistan in 92/93 a few pages earlier? Did he not work there and spilt the beans? 

Well if he spilt the beans, it kinda contradicts what you said earlier, in that nobody knew anything about the Novichok nerve agent until it was used on the 4 March.

Looks like the Americans knew about this nerve agent in the 90's.  Plenty of time to pass it around her allies and to develop an antidote, don't you think.

Like I've said and keep saying, just because it's not plastered all over facebook or the internet doesn't mean something doesn't exist, or isn't known about.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well if he spilt the beans, it kinda contradicts what you said earlier, in that nobody knew anything about the Novichok nerve agent until it was used on the 4 March.

Looks like the Americans knew about this nerve agent in the 90's.  Plenty of time to pass it around her allies and to develop an antidote, don't you think.

Like I've said and keep saying, just because it's not plastered all over facebook or the internet doesn't mean something doesn't exist, or isn't known about.

Ive not contradicted myself at all, I already linked the article ages ago saying the West had access to the chemical formula. I even linked the page to alchetron showing it’s widely known. This contradicts the general assumption in the MSM  that only Russia knew the formula so it has to them. 

Jambo-Jimbo
59 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Ive not contradicted myself at all, I already linked the article ages ago saying the West had access to the chemical formula. I even linked the page to alchetron showing it’s widely known. This contradicts the general assumption in the MSM  that only Russia knew the formula so it has to them. 

Sorry but you have contradicted yourself here.

In the first post above you clearly state that how did they know what the substance was when they didn't know it even existed.

In the second post you state that the West had had access to the chemical formula for ages, in an article you yourself had posted, meaning that the West knew all about the substance.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Sorry but you have contradicted yourself here.

In the first post above you clearly state that how did they know what the substance was when they didn't know it even existed.

In the second post you state that the West had had access to the chemical formula for ages, in an article you yourself had posted, meaning that the West knew all about the substance.

One day you’ll work out what sarcasm means pal. Some, if not most of my posts are. Apologies if they don’t jog the brain. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

One day you’ll work out what sarcasm means pal. Some, if not most of my posts are. Apologies if they don’t jog the brain. 

None of us are perfect.  :laugh:

I'm sure you'll point out some of my contradictions.........................oh wait, you probably have already. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Of course not! Putin is a very bad man who wants to kill everyone on this planet, unless you like ice hockey and judo.  

So Putin is a nice guy? 

Salmond would suggest as much tonight.

Corbyn this week has himself totally flopped as well before you come back there.

This isn't hard - it is highly likely this was Russian planned and backed. Condem it. Then move onto the issues of Russian money, RT and corruption behind it.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

So Putin is a nice guy? 

Salmond would suggest as much tonight.

Corbyn this week has himself totally flopped as well before you come back there.

This isn't hard - it is highly likely this was Russian planned and backed. Condem it. Then move onto the issues of Russian money, RT and corruption behind it.

I think the dark art of international espionage is out the realms of pretty much most people on this planet, not just this board.

With all due respect, you don’t know diddly squat and neither do I. 

So you’re statement is false about Russia. Just as it was about Labours WMD in Iraq. 

Happy to see that Tories and anti-Corbyn chancers are now being called out for their opportunistic chancery concerning Corbyn's Commons statement.     Rancid political game playing scavengers.

Edited by Victorian

4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I think the dark art of international espionage is out the realms of pretty much most people on this planet, not just this board.

With all due respect, you don’t know diddly squat and neither do I. 

So you’re statement is false about Russia. Just as it was about Labours WMD in Iraq. 

More meant from a PR point for a political leader. I agree this is very murky. But then again there is a history of this from Russia (no nation is innocent of this stuff - CIA, MI6, the French secret service have all got blood on them). But this is a clear attack on UK soil. Not against the UK as such. But on UK soil.

Nicola Sturgeon, for example, condemned the attack and backed May in her actions. She has since attacked Tory donors. How Corbyn couldn't simply follow suit, I don't know.

I say that because you are a prominent SNP backer on here. Is she wrong to say what she did?

Thunderstruck
4 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Reeks of Blair and his Blaireites WMD fairy tales. 

"To summarise:

1) Porton Down has acknowledged in publications it has never seen any Russian “novichoks”. The UK government has absolutely no “fingerprint” information such as impurities that can safely attribute this substance to Russia.

2) Until now, neither Porton Down nor the world’s experts at the Organisation for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) were convinced “Novichoks” even exist.

3) The UK is refusing to provide a sample to the OPCW.

4) “Novichoks” were specifically designed to be able to be manufactured from common ingredients on any scientific bench. The Americans dismantled and studied the facility that allegedly developed them. It is completely untrue only the Russians could make them, if anybody can.

5) The “Novichok” programme was in Uzbekistan not in Russia. Its legacy was inherited by the Americans during their alliance with Karimov, not by the Russians."

:interehjrling:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/the-novichok-story-is-indeed-another-iraqi-wmd-scam/

Would you be willing to concede that Saddam had an arsenal of chemical weapons?

Edited by Thunderstruck

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

More meant from a PR point for a political leader. I agree this is very murky. But then again there is a history of this from Russia (no nation is innocent of this stuff - CIA, MI6, the French secret service have all got blood on them). But this is a clear attack on UK soil. Not against the UK as such. But on UK soil.

Nicola Sturgeon, for example, condemned the attack and backed May in her actions. She has since attacked Tory donors. How Corbyn couldn't simply follow suit, I don't know.

I say that because you are a prominent SNP backer on here. Is she wrong to say what she did?

If you honestly think our security services are whiter than white then you’re deluded. 

Have a deek. Part 2 is up after. 

40 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

If you honestly think our security services are whiter than white then you’re deluded. 

Have a deek. Part 2 is up after. 

I said they likely are not.

But gloss over whether Sturgeon was right to back UK government actions.

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I said they likely are not.

But gloss over whether Sturgeon was right to back UK government actions.

I’ve not glossed over anything, I’ve already gave my thoughts about NS statement. 

26 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I’ve not glossed over anything, I’ve already gave my thoughts about NS statement. 

Love these places - no one EVER misses the point :laugh:

14 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

There are oither alternatives - it is possible that the KGB are doing this unilaterally without Kremlin knowledge.  It is possible that it is actually the daughter who is an active spy or whatever so the KGB are acting unilaterally -who knows they may have been doing that for years.

I dont buy your point that Putin is actively looking for more sanctions against them to gain voter support.

1. The KGB. True. So why now?
2. The Daughter. True. But why the nerve agent?
3. Sanctions. Fair point, it was my weakest point. He might not want them, but it's an entirely expected result. It may be a necessary evil they are willing to absorb, or maybe other not so clear motives. They did recently pass a law to try and drag Russian owned wealth back to Russia. Maybe they are hoping to use the sanctions to their advantage, making Russia one of the few places that wealth can now go. I'd assume the former here, for the below reasons.

I think the issues surrounding these situations is that people can often try to and over complicate things. From Putin, to a FSB agent in Brussels, to a farmer in the Urals, one thing they have in common is that they are human beings. More often than not, mysteries can be solved by following the path of least resistance, humans are just electricity in that regard. 

John Gentleman
4 hours ago, southcap said:

I think the issues surrounding these situations is that people can often try to and over complicate things. From Putin, to a FSB agent in Brussels, to a farmer in the Urals, one thing they have in common is that they are human beings. More often than not, mysteries can be solved by following the path of least resistance, humans are just electricity in that regard. 

Indeed. Let's just keep the heid until the OPCW have their say. It they corroborate the UK's findings, Putin may just have made the biggest blunder in his "illustrious" career. Though if it comes to heavy-duty sanctions, I can see continental Europe buckling at the knees given their dependence on Russian gas and oil. Plus ça change and a' that.

John Gentleman
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

More stuff from the article's author here:

https://www.strategic-culture.org/authors/finian-cunningham.html

.......and readers should perhaps be informed that the loftily named 'Strategic Culture Foundation' is a Moscow based 'think-tank', so this article goes in the same bin as all the Murdoch inspired nonsense.

50 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

So the American and UK security services used a nerve agent in Salisbury threatening the health of the population because of a pipeline. Too much hilarity 

Dont know mate but I wouldnt put it passed any big corporations backed by government players to pull something like this. Greed knows no bounds as far as they are concerned.

I am sure there will be dozens of other theories on this. I just dont buy the obvious one.

1 hour ago, John Gentleman said:

More stuff from the article's author here:

https://www.strategic-culture.org/authors/finian-cunningham.html

.......and readers should perhaps be informed that the loftily named 'Strategic Culture Foundation' is a Moscow based 'think-tank', so this article goes in the same bin as all the Murdoch inspired nonsense.

Sounds about right. Difficult to get a straight answer anywhere!

John Findlay
18 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Reeks of Blair and his Blaireites WMD fairy tales. 

"To summarise:

1) Porton Down has acknowledged in publications it has never seen any Russian “novichoks”. The UK government has absolutely no “fingerprint” information such as impurities that can safely attribute this substance to Russia.

2) Until now, neither Porton Down nor the world’s experts at the Organisation for the Prevention of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) were convinced “Novichoks” even exist.

3) The UK is refusing to provide a sample to the OPCW.

4) “Novichoks” were specifically designed to be able to be manufactured from common ingredients on any scientific bench. The Americans dismantled and studied the facility that allegedly developed them. It is completely untrue only the Russians could make them, if anybody can.

5) The “Novichok” programme was in Uzbekistan not in Russia. Its legacy was inherited by the Americans during their alliance with Karimov, not by the Russians."

:interehjrling:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/the-novichok-story-is-indeed-another-iraqi-wmd-scam/

Do you ever have a thought of your own? Read this very carefully.

What are your personal thoughts, Not cut and paste jobs, of the rapes of hundreds of white girls, many considered to be WORKING CLASS in Telford  Shropshire? Take your time. Despite having had a few days already. Your own words now.

deesidejambo
29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

What are your personal thoughts, Not cut and paste jobs, of the rapes of hundreds of white girls, many considered to be WORKING CLASS in Telford  Shropshire? Take your time. Despite having had a few days already. Your own words now.

Not going to happen.     Memes and cut-pastes only.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Dont know mate but I wouldnt put it passed any big corporations backed by government players to pull something like this. Greed knows no bounds as far as they are concerned.

I am sure there will be dozens of other theories on this. I just dont buy the obvious one.

So dismissing the blindingly obvious motive and suspect, you are more inclined to believe a theory promoted by a Kremlin funded news organisation who previously denied any Russian Military involvement in the Ukraine. 

scott herbertson

Seems to me there are three possibilities and here’s my ranking order

1. Agencies within Russia (possibly those who had personally or collectively suffered from the spying activities) managed get the daughter to take something in her luggage, eg hair spray, ear de cologne which was contaminated - most likely. What was she doing there anyway?

2. The Russian government arranged for the nerve agent to be released in Britain somehow - unlikely as it would lead to condemnation for little benefit

3. Some other agency or individual did it - highly unlikely

maroonlegions
16 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Would you be willing to concede that Saddam had an arsenal of chemical weapons?

WMD Was the reason and justifcations why we invaded Iraq and that is why i used it.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

There has been, to date, NO evidence to show that Russia was involved in this poisoning.

Russia has requested samples but has been refused by the UK government, WHY?

The "nothing  to hide nothing to fear" example shines oh so clearly in this case.

My WMD point was a metaphor for any evidence that proves beyond any doubt  of Russian government involvement here.

You not tired of endlesly loosing that argument that i have no opinions of my own,  your sneaky personal trolling is embarrassing mate.

Still not got through that i dont give a flying feck what you think to.

Show me were in any of my posts to date and  on any thread were i have NOT included my own fecking thoughts , however brief were i have included snippets and links or as you say "copy and paste".

Take your time now, and i will wait despite giving you all the time you need, remember just find ONE post were i DID not include my own thoughts on the subject matter BEFORE i added a snippet from the usual links i supply.

For the record i think May and her vile cabinet have acted in a very premature and desperate way in attempting   to blame Russia WITHOUT any concrete evidence.(There you go Deeside there is your bite).

Whats your thoughts  on this governments decision NOT to give Russia a FAIR hearing by sending them samples of what ,after all ,they are getting accused off??

Kangaroo

The most important decisions in life or indeed government usually come down to just one decision,(moment), and this bunch of subhumans have taken the unjust one.

As i have said before i will not engage or  reply to any trolling posts that include personal attacks. Troll boy Deesy is one example, avoids the harder things to explain.

Anyone can be a condescending   smart arse mate but in your case it is not very  water tight.

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Seems to me there are three possibilities and here’s my ranking order

1. Agencies within Russia (possibly those who had personally or collectively suffered from the spying activities) managed get the daughter to take something in her luggage, eg hair spray, ear de cologne which was contaminated - most likely. What was she doing there anyway?

2. The Russian government arranged for the nerve agent to be released in Britain somehow - unlikely as it would lead to condemnation for little benefit

3. Some other agency or individual did it - highly unlikely

MY main point  of concern here  with this whole circus is why would Russia risk future spying  missions that could  gather more valuable "intell" by doing this.

Not a very clever move here by Russia  in any stretch of the imagination,thats if they did this that is ,and for that i am out until unequivocal proof is found that they did it.

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

MY main point  of concern here  with this whole circus is why would Russia risk future spying  missions that could  gather more valuable "intell" by doing this.

Not a very clever move here by Russia  in any stretch of the imagination,thats if they did this that is ,and for that i am out until unequivocal proof is found that they did it.

That’s why I have assassination here by agents working here as “unlikely”.

its quite a coincidence that she travelled to Russia just before this. As a family they must be hated by a number of people/ agencies whose deaths they have indirectly or directly caused through their spying activities. 

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm starting to see maroonlegions' point. Career KGB operative who's been dueling with Western spy agencies for decades, poisons a Western spy.

But there are piles of corpses of powerful Russian leaders who either were allies with Putin and broke with him or were threats to him, many in internal politics. All of them poisoned. Would Putin really poison people whom he saw as disloyal to him or threats?

And now a Soviet-developed nerve agent designed to be manufactured with Soviet equipment is used to poison a British spy seen as a threat to Russia.

Something just doesn't make sense. Why would a former KGB agent strategically and discriminatingly poison people he saw as threats to him in a public way that would serve to deter others who were threats? Why would he wait until the rival state with the biggest power to strike back was in chaos and compromised by infighting and scandal?

Really, does anyone have incredibly, dumbfoundingly obvious answers to these questions?

47 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

WMD Was the reason and justifcations why we invaded Iraq and that is why i used it.

There has been, to date, NO evidence to show that Russia was involved in this poisoning.

Russia has requested samples but has been refused by the UK government, WHY?

The "nothing  to hide nothing to fear" example shines oh so clearly in this case.

My WMD point was a metaphor for any evidence that proves beyond any doubt  of Russian government involvement here.

You not tired of endlesly loosing that argument that i have no opinions of my own,  your sneaky personal trolling is embarrassing mate.

Still not got through that i dont give a flying feck what you think to.

Show me were in any of my posts to date and  on any thread were i have NOT included my own fecking thoughts , however brief were i have included snippets and links or as you say "copy and paste".

Take your time now, and i will wait despite giving you all the time you need, remember just find ONE post were i DID not include my own thoughts on the subject matter BEFORE i added a snippet from the usual links i supply.

For the record i think May and her vile cabinet have acted in a very premature and desperate way in attempting   to blame Russia WITHOUT any concrete evidence.(There you go Deeside there is your bite).

Whats your thoughts  on this governments decision NOT to give Russia a FAIR hearing by sending them samples of what ,after all ,they are getting accused off??

Kangaroo

The most important decisions in life or indeed government usually come down to just one decision,(moment), and this bunch of subhumans have taken the unjust one.

As i have said before i will not engage or  reply to any trolling posts that include personal attacks. Troll boy Deesy is one example, avoids the harder things to explain.

Anyone can be a condescending   smart arse mate but in your case it is not very  water tight.

To be fair legions, there's been no evidence released to the public. That's something else entirely from no evidence at all. Why haven't they released it to the Russians? Well, if it was them, they're hardly going to go "Ah, you caught us! We did do that." If it was them, giving them a sample would make no difference. 

I'm not saying it definitely is them, espionage is a murky world, we'll probably never know the full details. It's possible the Russkies did a "We'll just look over here, leaving you access to our nerve agents whilst we're not looking." while some ex-agent with a few high up mates and a score to settle helped themselves. 

I certainly don't think this is some kind of false flag. For one, getting in a barney with Russia serves the UK no good at all.

maroonlegions

So virtually the same people who assured you Saddam Hussein had WMDs now  attempting to assure us that  Russian ‘novichok’ nerve agents are being wielded by Vladimir Putin to attack people on British soil.

To me it really seems like that the UK governments,(tories), case rests not just on its argument that novichok was developed in Russia, but what it says is past form, a record of Russian state-sponsored assassination of former spies.

Were is the beyond "reproach" evidence it was Russia. I am not ruling out that it could be Russia, or Aliens though I just dont see the motive as i have said. I want to see where the evidence lies. One can see on "social media "that  if anyone who expresses scepticism is then rounded on and seen as an enemy of the state.Look closer to home to were the real enemies are.

I await further updates from my Anonymous brethren.:conspiracy:

Related image
Image result for anonymous memes