New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

2 minutes ago, primrose said:

I think as a club we are already seeing it as risky, and you're saying let them get on with it, there will always be a few idiots, there nothing that we can do.

So as a club, why take the risk? 

If it’s currently happening, which it evidently is, what difference would it make if there was a designated singing section? You could argue that it would reduce this kind behaviour as it’s more concentrated.

i understand your point though.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Given that the Gorgie will be redundant next season for hospitality (i beleive) then you could us the whole stand provided you could get 3,400 to sign up then move the family section into the wheatfield sorted

Why would the Gorgie Suite be redundant? Didn't we recently refurbish it?

Just now, maroonexile said:

Our overall support needs to have more realistic expectations over how you men (and women) behave at the football.

Don’t shut the whole thing down as soon as some idiot starts singing something inappropriate, and let the appropriate authorities deal with that.

They don't deal with it though, that's the point. As we all seen at the Ross County game yesterday.

The last time we had this in the championship season the fans complained on here after every game. Some of the young lads even got into scuffles with Hearts fans. Some fans had written to the club complaining, the club put them under review and then subsequently banned them from the stadium.  I'm all for a signing section, but I'm dead against a union jack waving sectarian section or any other action that tars us with the Rangers brush, if that is the plan, then Id hope they just get on the bus to Ibrox and be done with it.

2 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

If it’s currently happening, which it evidently is, what difference would it make if there was a designated singing section? You could argue that it would reduce this kind behaviour as it’s more concentrated.

i understand your point though.

It makes it harder to self police if they are all in the one area and if all the noise comes from here and the songs are sectarian then we will sound like Rangers not Hearts...........no thanks.. 

12 minutes ago, primrose said:

It makes it harder to self police if they are all in the one area and if all the noise comes from here and the songs are sectarian then we will sound like Rangers not Hearts...........no thanks.. 

15 minutes ago, primrose said:

They don't deal with it though, that's the point. As we all seen at the Ross County game yesterday.

The last time we had this in the championship season the fans complained on here after every game. Some of the young lads even got into scuffles with Hearts fans. Some fans had written to the club complaining, the club put them under review and then subsequently banned them from the stadium.  I'm all for a signing section, but I'm dead against a union jack waving sectarian section or any other action that tars us with the Rangers brush, if that is the plan, then Id hope they just get on the bus to Ibrox and be done with it.

Unfortunately, as we all know, bigots/loyalists don’t have to support Rangers. We have some in our own support, they are still Hearts fans and that cannot be stopped or changed.

Coming from a mixed-religious background and not being religious I don’t get it, but that’s the reality.

Not that you should bring any of that to the game.

Edited by maroonexile

1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

The thing is though that say there is 300 of us very minimum, you would struggle to hear the drum unless you are standing very near it and the purpose of the drum is to keep the songs in time and on beat. The more people that join in the section, the less you will hear a drum as vocals will overpower it. We also have a very sensible drummer so will not just be banging it constantly and pointlessly like the Motherwell one for example ???

OK, if you can make sure to sing when we are not winning, I'll live with the drum.

14 minutes ago, primrose said:

Couldn't agree more.

Fxxx the SPFL
27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why would the Gorgie Suite be redundant? Didn't we recently refurbish it?

I thought all the hospitality was going to be in the new stand

Tokyo Drifter

Not traditional given the layout of the old ground with the Shed and all, but I've always thought you want the singing section behind the goals. Plus I kind of like the idea of the Gorgie Road end being the home one. Sections G and N do help get the place rocking but I always feel that being in the corners kind of dampens the noise a bit.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Just had a closer look at the picture there. Do you honestly see the club going for this when you have a guy holding a flare or a smoke canister on your branding? :lol:

I don't see why not. 

I assume this is being organised by a bunch of young guys and it's all just part of the 'edgy' image that the young man so covets. If anything like this is going to ve a success then there needs to be understanding and compromise from all parties.

The OP is right, it's only a graphic.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, bn jambo said:

I'd shorten the name from "Heart of Midlothian football club Singing section official",  to something a little more catchy.

good luck anyway.

How about 'Capital Singing Firm', or C.S.F for short?

Would be great if something like this actually did take off. It’s been tried, somewhat tested, generally ridiculed a few times.

But the fact it’s going through the club makes me confident that this could work. 

Personally I’d love to see the family section moved and have the Gorgie stand become a large singing are, even more so if safe standing became a thing.

Then we’d have opposite ends of the ground making noise as opposed to away fans and fans down the same end.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Scott Wilson is always saying " Let's make some Noise" What about 'The let's make some Noise section'!

Good luck and as others have said no copying the dinosaurs from Govan please!

been here before
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Butcher's apron

:facepalm:

This from the guy who writes C*thro.

Anyhow a singing section... fill yer boots. Nae ****in drums though.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

This from the guy who writes C*thro.

Anyhow a singing section... fill yer boots. Nae ****in drums though.

I put a "*" as we can't use bad words on here.

But aye, I would love a singing section.

To anyone that was offended or did not like our previous logo, you will be pleased to hear we have updated it. 

IMG_3464.JPG

been here before
3 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

To anyone that was offended or did not like our previous logo, you will be pleased to hear we have updated it. 

IMG_3464.JPG

Official Singing Section surely.

Unless its a Yoda thing.

4 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

IMG_3464.JPG

Image result for hmfc crest

Put this is somewhere, take that wee guy out

2 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Image result for hmfc crest

Put this is somewhere, take that wee guy out

Because of licensing we are not aloud to have an official club badge in our logo. 

3 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

Hello there everyone, we are HMFCSSO. Some of you might have seen or heard about us on twitter. We are attending a meeting on Wednesday which is regarding an official singing section being added to Tynecastle next season. We would like there to be a designated area of the ground where anyone that wants to sing and create an atmosphere for the whole game doesn't feel out of place. We have had an amazing amount of people telling us they would join the section next season. Obviously the club will get the final say but we are still not sure where the best area of the ground for this would be. Our aim is to give Tynecastle a rocking atmosphere for games big and small next season. We would be more than happy to answer any questions or ideas anyone has.

IMG_3461.JPG

Whats your stance on Catholics? 

1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

Because of licensing we are not aloud to have an official club badge in our logo. 

I'd check that you're allowed to use a picture of Andy Capp then (copyright??)

It is cringey to hear sectarian stuff sung in 2018, but that's because it still plays a part in Scottish society (segregated schools a big contributor I think).

Anyway, those who are of that alignment can do that in their own time. But by singing those songs at Hearts, they give the rest of the world the view that Hearts are of that alignment and being a fan affiliates you with that.

We've plenty more seats to sell, and if the atmosphere is being ruined by sectarian/political songs of yesteryear then it won't help.

Make the singing section good and hostile (no happy clapper pish) but none of the above.

I'm delighted this is being considered. Good luck to the OP and all involved. Don't let the idea be derailed by the usual naysayers.

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We respect all religions and beliefs but that is not a question for a football thread. We would appreciate if you could stick to non religious talk on this thread please or talk about religion somewhere else ???

I think it'd be far easier to manage from a club point of view if it was the opposite end to the away end. Less flashpoints etc.

Families would also get nicer seats in the side stands.

That said not many would want to be down at the away end - when the ugly sisters etc. spout their bile.

Tricky one.

3 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

We respect all religions and beliefs but that is not a question for a football thread. We would appreciate if you could stick to non religious talk on this thread please or talk about religion somewhere else ???

Good to hear.  Hopefully the same in the stands if you get your way.

I’ll not be in the section but will join any non sectarian/hunnish songs.

If any party tunes are started, forget it. 

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Good to hear.  Hopefully the same in the stands if you get your way.

I’ll not be in the section but will join any non sectarian/hunnish songs.

If any party tunes are started, forget it. 

U have a very positive attitude lol ? 

Could be an idea to put them in the School End.  3/4 of SSO and 1/4 away fans regardless of who is visiting. 

Bazzas right boot

Great stuff.

Good luck.

Hopefully keep away from the mini Huns shite.

1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

U have a very positive attitude lol ? 

Just seen it all before sadly.

But, honestly if yous can self police and not be responsible for any shite - it would be a great addition to the match day experience 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Tbf, be very niave to ignore it.

I'm all for these sections, but some of our songs can be amended and be Better placed d at Ibrox.

If you ignore it, not only will you lose support but it will reflect badly on out club, which is folks concern.

As I say, good luck.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

yabadabadoo1874again
3 hours ago, savage said:

Would love to see the whole gorgie road end rocking.  The Germans have this sort of thing mastered and always seem to be behind the goals.

Hope this goes well...As other posters have noted safe standing lower Gorgie Road end would be excellent...this makes German games eminently more watchable for the atmosphere alone...???

and create a small section also for away fans standing!!! flags and everything ...

24 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

What’s your stance on Catholics? 

Ridiculous comment. 

6 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

What’s your stance on Catholics? 

Ridiculous comment. 

That was the point. 

Unfortunately some people in our support like to sing about killing them.  My stance is I don’t want to kill or sing about killing them.  

36 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

But you can have Andy Capp?

Edit: Sorry, already asked.

Edited by graygo

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

:greatpost:

4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

That was the point. 

Unfortunately some people in our support like to sing about killing them.  My stance is I don’t want to kill or sing about killing them.  

I assume then, if you haven’t already judged this group of people who we cannot identify, you’ll be asking for their stance on Sikhs, Jains,Taoists and others? 

Otherwise your question would seem like you have already made your mind up about them, without knowing their identities, backgrounds or preconceptions.

2 hours ago, redm said:

I'd be keen to know answers to these questions if poss....

Have you thought about self-policing at all and how you plan to deal with any elements who don't stick to the no dodgy songs strategy? 

Do you plan to attend away games as a group too? 

If you can get this right, I think you'd have a huge amount of support. If the club gives you a shot at it and it goes wrong, they probably won't look at doing it again for a long long time, and it might even impact on appetite for considering things like safe standing. Worth bearing in mind. You sound like you have genuinely good intentions, so all the very best to you. :) 

1.) Yes we have thought about self policing but you do know that no other singing section in Europe has a situation where they have self policing. We do not see the need for that when we will already be working very closely to the club.

2.)  Yes we plan to attend away matches in a group if it all goes to plan. Eventually if it takes off trouble free we would possibly consider starting a membership scheme where people would pay say £10 extra a year which would give us money for displays and flags/banners etc. Then start running our own supporters bus to away games

44 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Can you not give it a rest for once. They have stated there is to be no sectarian stuff so get off your high horse.

38 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Well said

Lower V, right under the scaled back police box.

Removes the temptation for it to become a group dedicated to winding up away fans rather than backing the team. Keeps it in the family part of the stand (I assume this group will mainly be youngsters so ideal place for them).

11 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

1.) Yes we have thought about self policing but you do know that no other singing section in Europe has a situation where they have self policing. We do not see the need for that when we will already be working very closely to the club.

2.)  Yes we plan to attend away matches in a group if it all goes to plan. Eventually if it takes off trouble free we would possibly consider starting a membership scheme where people would pay say £10 extra a year which would give us money for displays and flags/banners etc. Then start running our own supporters bus to away games

Get it right and folk like me who wouldn't be "with you" would also stump up to help with flags/banners etc.

44 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Good post...you have my support...

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Lower V, right under the scaled back police box.

Removes the temptation for it to become a group dedicated to winding up away fans rather than backing the team. Keeps it in the family part of the stand (I assume this group will mainly be youngsters so ideal place for them).

Really?

You expect them not to swear and engage in insulting behaviour (a la Marvin Bartley)? Hardly appropriate to be near the family sections imo.

Decent first point though.

Edited by maroonexile

Phil D. Corners
4 hours ago, savage said:

Would love to see the whole gorgie road end rocking.  The Germans have this sort of thing mastered and always seem to be behind the goals.

Agreed. End to end. 

Start with section Z 

• davemclaren locked this topic