New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I assume then, if you haven’t already judged this group of people who we cannot identify, you’ll be asking for their stance on Sikhs, Jains,Taoists and others? 

Otherwise your question would seem like you have already made your mind up about them, without knowing their identities, backgrounds or preconceptions.

Aye, because we have loads of songs that single out the group's you mention.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

1.) Yes we have thought about self policing but you do know that no other singing section in Europe has a situation where they have self policing. We do not see the need for that when we will already be working very closely to the club.

2.)  Yes we plan to attend away matches in a group if it all goes to plan. Eventually if it takes off trouble free we would possibly consider starting a membership scheme where people would pay say £10 extra a year which would give us money for displays and flags/banners etc. Then start running our own supporters bus to away games

Sounds great, hope it works.

Really do.

1 minute ago, maroonexile said:

Really?

You expect them not to swear and engage in insulting behaviour (a la Marvin Bartley)? Hardly appropriate to be near the family sections imo.

I thought the group wanted to be a club endorsed singing section? Won’t last a week if the intention is to swear and insult and to be fair to the OP I haven’t seen anything to suggest that they want to do anything other than sing...

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye, because we have loads of songs that single out the group's you mention.

How do you know what songs these individuals sing? I personally don’t ask every Hearts fan I meet what they think of Catholics, as that’s extremely odd behaviour.

As long as this group doesn't go around robbing the 10 visiting Ross County fans drum, It should be fine :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Error404 said:

As long as this group doesn't go around robbing the 10 visiting Ross County fans drum, It should be fine :thumbsup:

I can assure you that will not happen this time ( we have our own drum )

17 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

1.) Yes we have thought about self policing but you do know that no other singing section in Europe has a situation where they have self policing. We do not see the need for that when we will already be working very closely to the club.

I would urge a bit more thought on this one before you meet the club...given history I would be thinking about responses for questions regarding this.

Good luck to you...

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Whats your stance on Catholics? 

I prefer on their heads, but knees will do the job. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, maroonexile said:

How do you know what songs these individuals sing? I personally don’t ask every Hearts fan I meet what they think of Catholics, as that’s extremely odd behaviour.

He was making a point.

We have songs that single out Catholics.

He doesn't want them to be part of the song book, neither do I.

I've heard Hearts fans, even as recently as the hibs game sing anti Catholic songs.

To ignore it is the odd part.

Very legitimate concerns. Imo.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

You have a receipt......?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I prefer on their heads, but knees will do the job. 

There you go?

The White Cockade
3 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

are you mostly the same guys as before aka The Young Team?

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't see why not. 

I assume this is being organised by a bunch of young guys and it's all just part of the 'edgy' image that the young man so covets. If anything like this is going to ve a success then there needs to be understanding and compromise from all parties.

The OP is right, it's only a graphic.

Mate, I genuinely couldn’t give a toss personally. Are you going to tell me though, that Ann or whoever is going to run a rule over this is going to see a flare and not think; ‘haud oan a wee minute here”? As i said, I don’t give a monkey’s, but if it was my baby and I was going to try and get Hearts on board, I wouldn’t be sticking a flare anywhere near the Branding. :lol:

Genuinely hope this takes off and is a roaring success. I doubt it will be though, unfortunately.

Edited by Ryder

Best of luck with this folks. 

Some may not like it but you can't deny the atmosphere Motherwell and Hibs are getting off the back of letting supporters organise themselves in this sort of way. 

Hopefully it doesn't curtail the efforts of G and N as both have been great lately. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Best of luck with this folks. 

Some may not like it but you can't deny the atmosphere Motherwell and Hibs are getting off the back of letting supporters organise themselves in this sort of way. 

Hopefully it doesn't curtail the efforts of G and N as both have been great lately. 

N and G both had lots of empty seats v Motherwell, people only seem to attend and create a good atmosphere during big matches 

1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

To anyone that was offended or did not like our previous logo, you will be pleased to hear we have updated it. 

IMG_3464.JPG

Didnt have a problem with it myself. Not sure the club would have been overly keen though. 

Seriously. I hope you get this up and running. Best of luck. ?

If the singing section is situated in the gorgie, where would that leave the current st holders? Would we be told to shift or told to join in the singing? 

24 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

are you mostly the same guys as before aka The Young Team?

No, we are a completely different group ?

4 hours ago, MacPhee said:

If your the head of it mate you need to enforce the rules properly and strictly, it is your responsibility that nobody is singing any sectarian bile. 

How do you propose one person would be able to do that??? 

1 hour ago, maroonexile said:

I assume then, if you haven’t already judged this group of people who we cannot identify, you’ll be asking for their stance on Sikhs, Jains,Taoists and others? 

Otherwise your question would seem like you have already made your mind up about them, without knowing their identities, backgrounds or preconceptions.

:vrface:

Aye, a portion of Hearts fans have been known to sing anti Sikh vitriol right enough. :cornette: 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Can you not give it a rest for once. They have stated there is to be no sectarian stuff so get off your high horse.

Read the rest of my postson this thread mate.

I’m all for the singing section. 

2 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

To anyone that was offended or did not like our previous logo, you will be pleased to hear we have updated it. 

IMG_3464.JPG

Definately a wise move considering you have a meeting with the club

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

:vrface:

Aye, a portion of Hearts fans have been known to sing anti Sikh vitriol right enough. :cornette: 

Inadvertantly, they have. Sikhs, Muslims, Tamils, Hindus or Indian Catholics... when the Edinburgh song is sung, do you think it’s just the ethnic Pakistanis they are referring to? Something tells me it’s anyone descended from that particular sub continent.

17 minutes ago, rick witter said:

How do you propose one person would be able to do that??? 

Easily. Form a committee and have meetings, stating rules.

Really?

You expect them not to swear and engage in insulting behaviour (a la Marvin Bartley)? Hardly appropriate to be near the family sections imo.

Decent first point though.

Exactly that guy was getting it tight from all areas of the ground from what I seen and heard wouldn't be fair to blame a singing section if they indulged in such behaviour would it. Your no telling me he wasn't getting it in the family section as well if he put in a nasty tackle near the said section ??

Just now, 18colin74 said:

Exactly that guy was getting it tight from all areas of the ground from what I seen and heard wouldn't be fair to blame a singing section if they indulged in such behaviour would it. Your no telling me he wasn't getting it in the family section as well if he put in a nasty tackle near the said section ??

He would have been abused from the start of gorgie when the stay awayers heard the chants haha 

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Sounds great, hope it works.

Really do.

That sound brilliant by the way. Keep me posted on how that gets on 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, 18colin74 said:

That sound brilliant by the way. Keep me posted on how that gets on 

?

34 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Inadvertantly, they have. Sikhs, Muslims, Tamils, Hindus or Indian Catholics... when the Edinburgh song is sung, do you think it’s just the ethnic Pakistanis they are referring to? Something tells me it’s anyone descended from that particular sub continent.

Sage point.  Thankfully i’ve not personally heard that ditty for many years. 

Just now, Sarah O said:

Sage point.  Thankfully i’ve not personally heard that ditty for many years. 

Not at the ground no, thankfully. Reserved for coaches, pubs, train stations etc now. 

2.)  Yes we plan to attend away matches in a group if it all goes to plan. Eventually if it takes off trouble free we would possibly consider starting a membership scheme where people would pay say £10 extra a year which would give us money for displays and flags/banners etc. Then start running our own supporters bus to away games

Thanks for the responses.

Would disagree on the self-policing thing though...most football fans tend to self-police to some degree or another, especially groups like the one you have in mind. The club might expect you to have a plan for this sort of thing, and have an idea of what you’d do if some of your group went off script, basically. The answer to that question will probably be of interest to people outwith your group too. 

Also, as someone else mentioned, if you get this right you’ll probably find plenty of non-singing section people contributing to your kitty. Look what happened to our wee flag fund as an example. ?

Section 51as the name.

2 appropriate songs in the 15th and 51st minute each for 1 minute.

suggest Upper G  with a hope that it grows into Upper F

This  allows F season ticket holders an opportunity to coordinate a move to another area Sect B for example.

the Club to coordinate single seat and areas of seat availability to move a few people around to create a small block of seats that fans can be moved to.

same principle especially in the stand  Section 51 is created. This is on the basis that most fans have chosen their preferred stand and want to stay there.

section N that want to stay can still help create atmosphere in a more random way.

Regards the drum if used correctly will assist the cause. Must be located centrally in any Section 51 area along with fans who are happy to have the drumming near to them.

No, we are a completely different group ?

What happens at away games as the young team still attend and sing unacceptable songs,how will you distance your group from them.

Really?

Decent first point though.

You surely don't think the Gorgie refrained from participating in that?! Bartley's deserved abuse came from every section of the home support.

I'd love for the singing section to come to the Gorgie. I think the sound generally carries better from behind the goals as would be evidenced by many "atmosphere" threads on here where folks from sections A and B haven't heard songs or chants from section G that other fans have mentions, whereas I've heard them over in the opposite corner.

As regards to your first point, there are different levels of self-policing in many groups...especially abroad.

I wouldn't confuse a need to work with the club with a belief that some order has to be maintained.

Culturally, we're miles behind other countries when it comes to organised groups. The hooped demons have proved that it can be done but, and it's a big but, we have some serious baggage in Scotland that can badly affect some teams.

If it's at the level of Motherwell, fine, the club would probably be happy to let that flourish. We have a much bigger support however so any group would naturally be bigger....and harder to self-police, because you would have to...make no mistake.

Sorry for rambling on....good luck !

I know the organised section hibs have there is a few ‘figureheads’ who are in constant contact with the club, any nonsense and those are the guys that are responsible, as a result it encourages self policing so the guys who ‘organise’ it don’t get in the sh1t which is a good idea.

I think the club need to revise the pricing zones for next season, and as a result it could aid in the moving of the family section. If the seats behind the goal for hospitality will be free then great opportunity for that plus the bottom 3 sections below to be used.

Me and a few others would be up for it, even if it is somewhere more atmospheric to sit/stand at the games at least, but any sectarian stuff and it’ll be a no go from the start. 

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

John mcCartney

gorgie kop

somebod back there saying `when we` sing stuff re catholics.....erm no,its about 10-20(if that) ****wits that done it at perth recently when i became aware of it
they could be identified in some sort of way at the away games and banned at least from joining the kop.....membership scheme etc

as was mentioned re decanting of the present lower gorgie,they could move to the hospitality section farther up and into section t main stand where iam .....shit loads of seats there

7 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

Unlike the attempted last 2 singing sections by groups at Tynecastle, we will by working very closely to the club to assure there will be no problems and the club will be backing what we propose

The very best of luck to you. Make us proud(er).

portobellojambo1
7 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

This would be the perfect scenario but those numbers may be a bit ambitious. We have currently had a good few hundred people say they would join but if all goes to plan, a lot more will feel more comfortable being there if the club gives it official approval 

I would imagine the club won't be against this, but they will definitely want a say in setting the parameters. I am someone who has my own views and thoughts on politics and religion but have always been of the opinion that politics, religion and football do not mix, at all. As someone who has always been a relatively hard line Unionist/Loyalist (call it what you will) I was very disappointed by some of the things I heard up at McDiarmid Park recently. If you can keep politics and religion well away from your area and focus on the sort of songs that will encourage other areas of the ground to join in then there is no reason why it cannot be successful

Jambof3tornado

I hope the young team have no involvement at all. If they do this will fail.

Good luck.

Make sure the drummer can actually keep a beat.

6 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Was this answered?

Sorry think I forgot to answer, at the meeting there will be 4 of our representatives speaking to Jonathan Tink, head of customer relations and Mark Waterson, club Laison officer

Just now, HMFCSSO said:

Sorry think I forgot to answer, at the meeting there will be 4 of our representatives speaking to Jonathan Tink, head of customer relations and Mark Waterson, club Laison officer

:thumbsup:

• davemclaren locked this topic