Hard Brexit

Bridge of Djoum

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

If you despise this country so much perhaps it's time to look at emigration as an option. 

It's not the country, it's those who "run" it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• jake

• Boris

• Ulysses

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shaun.lawson
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

It's not the country, it's those who "run" it.

Nation of sheep, ruled by wolves, owned by pigs. 

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

If you despise this country so much perhaps it's time to look at emigration as an option. 

Maybe you should learn how to read. Nothing wrong with my country.

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Sraman said:

Maybe you should learn how to read. Nothing wrong with my country.

You said it was a shithole. Maybe you should just learn.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You said it was a shithole. Maybe you should just learn.

No I didn't. The only time I mentioned my country was when I explained why the UK was shit.

Every day is a schoolday for you.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Sraman said:

No I didn't. The only time I mentioned my country was when I explained why the UK was shit.

Every day is a schoolday for you.

Everyday should be a school day for everyone, especially you. You do realise (whether you like it or not) the UK is your country. 

17 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Everyday should be a school day for everyone, especially you. You do realise (whether you like it or not) the UK is your country. 

No, the UK is an amalgamation of three separate countries. 

Dear Mr & Mrs Hersh,

It has been a pleasure teaching your child this term but he must learn to pay more attention and be less easily distracted.

Looking forward to next term,

Sraman.

Edited by Sraman

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Sraman said:

No, the UK is an amalgamation of three separate countries. 

Dear Mr & Mrs Hersh,

It has been a pleasure teaching your child this term but he must learn to pay more attention and be less easily distracted.

Looking forward to next term,

Sraman.

You're a very odd fellow but clearly a raving nationalist so ta ta! 

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The UK is the sovereign state and a country, but Scotland is also a country.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

The UK is the sovereign state and a country, but Scotland is also a country.

I wasn't suggesting Scotland was not a country but his Passport will be the give away. Wales of course is a Principality. Not sure how NI is classed though.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wasn't suggesting Scotland was not a country but his Passport will be the give away. Wales of course is a Principality. Not sure how NI is classed though.

They can all be classed as countries with distinct geopolitical histories and identifiable differences in language and culture, as well as containing distinct regions themselves.

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not good enough for Obama but good enough for me?? Are you for real? Do you even have a birth certificate?

shaun.lawson
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No, you are. A raving British nationalist. 

12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As I said, must pay more attention. You didn't even read my post before you came up with that or you would have noticed the glaring (deliberate) error.

shaun.lawson
9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Wales of course is a Principality. 

Thinks he knows about Britain and can lecture about Britain.

Doesn't even know that Wales is not a principality.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: 

Unknown user

It's hard to define a country as opposed to a sovereign state, but if there is an authority on these things it would be the ISO who recognise all 4 UK constituents as countries.

Wales was a principality (an area ruled by a Prince) a few centuries ago and the term is still used by some to be fair though. 

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's hard to define a country as opposed to a sovereign state, but if there is an authority on these things it would be the ISO who recognise all 4 UK constituents as countries.

Wales was a principality (an area ruled by a Prince) a few centuries ago and the term is still used by some to be fair though. 

Was, yes. The UK is a collection of four countries, as you say. But the 'p' word is still used about Wales for much the same reason as Wales is so often completely ignored. Patronising ignorance basically. 

7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Was, yes. The UK is a collection of four countries, as you say. But the 'p' word is still used about Wales for much the same reason as Wales is so often completely ignored. Patronising ignorance basically. 

Pay attention at the back please.

Here we have the correction I was looking for to bring the thread back on topic.

I would have used the pre-fix "At present" prior to the bit in bold. Let's wait and see what Brexit brings, maybe my assertion of "three countries" is a tad optimistic.

Unknown user
39 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Ignorant of the definition maybe but I wouldn't say patronising, it's a common term that most wouldn't know is wrong. A genuine error or misunderstanding isn't the same as being patronising. 

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ignorant of the definition maybe but I wouldn't say patronising, it's a common term that most wouldn't know is wrong. A genuine error or misunderstanding isn't the same as being patronising. 

It is to those continually on the receiving end. :wink: And the reason for it is because most Britons couldn't care less about Wales or knowing anything about Wales. Hence my point.

Edited by shaun.lawson

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

It is to those continually on the receiving end. :wink: And the reason for it is because most Britons couldn't care less about Wales or knowing anything about Wales. Hence my point.

Who?

Image result for save the whale

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I guess we just disagree, calling something a name you believe to be correct isn't talking down to anyone, even if the recipient doesn't like it.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

No, you are. A raving British nationalist. 

A proud Scot and Briton so sue me. What are you snoreson? Apart from the blindingly obvious.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

The Welsh feel so patronised about it they allowed their National Stadium to be re-named the Principality Stadium. Honestly snoreson you talk some Tom Kite! 

The 'p' word ffs! :rofl::facepalm:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

20 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Jake, Sir Vlad is spot on with his use of the word nasty. I also know that he is spot on when he says that lawson is far from the nice chap he would want others (on here) to see him as. What Ulysses said in his post aimed at you is beyond nasty as well as cowardly. I will say it again, Nasty and cowardly.

Paper trail, nibbles, paper trail.  :rofl:

jake doesn't understand the role of the British government in Northern Ireland, and neither do you.  

shaun.lawson
7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A proud Scot and Briton so sue me. What are you snoreson? Apart from the blindingly obvious.

Me? I'm a man of the world. :thumbsup: 

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Welsh feel so patronised about it they allowed their National Stadium to be re-named the Principality Stadium. Honestly snoreson you talk some Tom Kite! 

The 'p' word ffs! :rofl::facepalm:

It's a sponsorship deal. With a building society. 

Adam Murray
54 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Having read the report, I can't see anything connecting this to Brexit.

Surely this case would have been dealt with in the exact same manner whether Brexit was happening or not, whether the manner it was handled in was correct or not, is a whole different manner, but nothing to do with Brexit, surely?

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Adam Murray said:

Having read the report, I can't see anything connecting this to Brexit.

Surely this case would have been dealt with in the exact same manner whether Brexit was happening or not, whether the manner it was handled in was correct or not, is a whole different manner, but nothing to do with Brexit, surely?

Brexit, and the years leading up to it, have been characterised by an extraordinary loss of compassion on the part of many British people, and certainly the British government. All sorts of things which would've been unthinkable a decade ago have now been normalised. This is Theresa May's "hostile environment" in action. It destroys many many lives: in this case, literally. 

If we were a decent, compassionate nation, we would not treat people like this. We would not have such disgusting immigration officials. We'd care hugely about cases such as these and many, many others. And we certainly would not have voted for Brexit. 

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Brexit, and the years leading up to it, have been characterised by an extraordinary loss of compassion on the part of many British people, and certainly the British government. All sorts of things which would've been unthinkable a decade ago have now been normalised. This is Theresa May's "hostile environment" in action. It destroys many many lives: in this case, literally. 

If we were a decent, compassionate nation, we would not treat people like this. We would not have such disgusting immigration officials. We'd care hugely about cases such as these and many, many others. And we certainly would not have voted for Brexit. 

Nope, its been like this for decades. Nothing to do with Brexit

niblick1874
4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Putting forward beyond the pale reasoning such as above to make a point is one of the reasons Brexit happened. There is pushing the envelope and then there is the above post. When pushing the envelope to far, those that normally are not paying that much attention take a step back knowing there is something amiss and start asking questions of said reasoning as well as those that are putting stuff like the above forward. Keep it up shan. 

niblick1874
2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

**** me seriously. I would call that hyperbole but it’s not it just bullshit. That really is desperate stuff.

It’s not true and doesn’t stand up to any challenge.

Whilst, unfortunate death in detention centre,  happen. This has happened in the previous decades. The halcyon days of 70’s when everyone was also ‘caring’  we were ohh so tolerant. The Irish, blacks, foreigners etc were treated much better back then!!! 

Its a tragic and unfortunate incident, which needs to be investigated and appropriate action taken. However, to link it some brexit or a some wider societal deteriotion makes you appear some fantist and a bit stupid.

Some might call it digging his hole deeper. Some may call it doubling down. Some may even call it emotional blackmail. I call it nasty. 

3 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Putting forward beyond the pale reasoning such as above to make a point is one of the reasons Brexit happened. There is pushing the envelope and then there is the above post. When pushing the envelope to far, those that normally are not paying that much attention take a step back knowing there is something amiss and start asking questions of said reasoning as well as those that are putting stuff like the above forward. Keep it up shan. 

Whilst his point on the article is crap. I doubt this van would've happened had it not been for 20 years of the intolerant crap being churned out by the Daily Mail...

go-home.jpg

Or this

farage-poster.jpg

There is and has been a rising intollerance in this nation to immigration and it's impact on society. It's grown since '08. In part because people have seen living standards slump and services cut whilst tax and prices rise. Scapegoats have handily popped up - EU and immigration. 

niblick1874
14 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Whilst his point on the article is crap. I doubt this van would've happened had it not been for 20 years of the intolerant crap being churned out by the Daily Mail...

go-home.jpg

Or this

farage-poster.jpg

There is and has been a rising intollerance in this nation to immigration and it's impact on society. It's grown since '08. In part because people have seen living standards slump and services cut whilst tax and prices rise. Scapegoats have handily popped up - EU and immigration. 

Dimwits. What can I say. To use them to paint everyone with the same brush stinks, as in shan lawsons post. I can spot them (as in him) a mile away. They will not paint me, or anyone else for that matter, that way with out me calling them out for it. Nasty.

9 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Dimwits. What can I say. To use them to paint everyone with the same brush stinks, as in shan lawsons post. I can spot them (as in him) a mile away. They will not paint me, or anyone else for that matter, that way with out me calling them out for it. Nasty.

But these things were largely accepted as normal. Which shows a societal shift. These things helped fuel Brexit. Things do not exist in and of themselves. They're all interconnected. Brexit was in part a response to unfounded fears over immigration.

niblick1874
17 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

But these things were largely accepted as normal. Which shows a societal shift. These things helped fuel Brexit. Things do not exist in and of themselves. They're all interconnected. Brexit was in part a response to unfounded fears over immigration.

You say societal shift, they will say realisation of facts. It is aloud for them to come to the conclusions  they did without being called a witch (you know where I am coming from) by their next door neighbor is it not? There has been, for a long time, way to much of that shit going on, as in shans post. Can you see that or not?

7 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

You say societal shift, they will say realisation of facts. It is aloud for them to come to the conclusions  they did without being called a witch (you know where I am coming from) by their next door neighbor is it not? There has been, for a long time, way to much of that shit going on, as in shans post. Can you see that or not?

This makes no sense.

Bold - do you mean that moderate levels of relatively well controlled immigration has taken us to "breaking point" and that illegal immigrants should go home or face arrest?

Italics - eh?

Let's face facts. There's a hugely intolerant to "outsiders" strain seeping into western culture. Mixed with the reactionary populism it's a dangerous mix. But you'd need to read history to see the worrying similarities between this and our past.

niblick1874
3 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

This makes no sense.

Bold - do you mean that moderate levels of relatively well controlled immigration has taken us to "breaking point" and that illegal immigrants should go home or face arrest?

Italics - eh?

Let's face facts. There's a hugely intolerant to "outsiders" strain seeping into western culture. Mixed with the reactionary populism it's a dangerous mix. But you'd need to read history to see the worrying similarities between this and our past.

I am not talking about immigration. I am talking about being able to voice your opinion without the likes of shan coming out with what he did in the post we are talking about.

16 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I am not talking about immigration. I am talking about being able to voice your opinion without the likes of shan coming out with what he did in the post we are talking about.

Ah whataboutery rather than debating his point. 

If you can't take criticism of your postings don't post.

niblick1874
13 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Which post is that then? Where am I talking about anything other that people being able to say what they think without the likes of shan posting what he did.

Edited by niblick1874

shaun.lawson
32 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

:spoton: 

niblick1874
4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:spoton: 

Show us why he is spot on. I can show you the post by you I am talking about.

Lords defeat the Govt yet again, this time to keep the EU charter of rights in UK law as it is, instead of ripping it up and making some half-arsed "British Bill of Rights"

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5657345/British-holidaymakers-heading-Europe-face-6-visa-fee-Brexit.html

Daily Mail moaning that they want free movement of people after Brexit.  You couldn't make this shit up.  :rofl:

You seem to have made up the idea that the Daily Mail has ever advocated restrictions on tourist traffic between the UK and the rest of Europe.

Francis Albert
On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 17:55, Cade said:

Lords defeat the Govt yet again, this time to keep the EU charter of rights in UK law as it is, instead of ripping it up and making some half-arsed "British Bill of Rights"

Since the Lords are overwhelmingly against Brexit this is hardly a surprise. The Lords will go on defeating the Government on Brexit as long as they can.

26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You seem to have made up the idea that the Daily Mail has ever advocated restrictions on tourist traffic between the UK and the rest of Europe.

:laugh: