Pay £100 to guarantee your seat?

BigC

Hearts have mentioned that the "Pay £100 to guarantee your seat for cup games / price freeze" deal is still available. 

I've had a ST for 20 years and pay to the FOH but decided not to pay the £100 as I thought it would be unlikely that I would miss out on a ticket with the LP's I have combined with the increased capacity and if ST prices go up, I was thinking it would be less than £100 even over 2-3 years. (And if it's not, then I don't mind paying the extra £10-20).

I defended the club last season when they had the free for all because there were more ST holders than available seats due to the rules on how many tickets you need

to give to away clubs.

But this time, they are not being very clear & they need to tell us what will happen if we don't pay the £100?

Now that we have plenty of available seats there is absolutely no need for a free for all and letting ST holders buy their seats is by far the easiest option.

Are the club seriously suggesting that there will be a public sale and ST holders will be treated like anyone with a purchase history?

Or will it be some sort of compromise with ST holders getting priority but not in their seat?

It it feel like they are creating deliberate uncertainty to get as many people to pay the £100.

If it is a public sale then I would not be happy. 

If I can't buy my regular seat then it will be annoying but I might be able to have a seat in the new stand for a change, so it could work out OK.

But it would  e nice to know one way or another.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BigC said:

Hearts have mentioned that the "Pay £100 to guarantee your seat for cup games / price freeze" deal is still available. 

I've had a ST for 20 years and pay to the FOH but decided not to pay the £100 as I thought it would be unlikely that I would miss out on a ticket with the LP's I have combined with the increased capacity and if ST prices go up, I was thinking it would be less than £100 even over 2-3 years. (And if it's not, then I don't mind paying the extra £10-20).

I defended the club last season when they had the free for all because there were more ST holders than available seats due to the rules on how many tickets you need

to give to away clubs.

But this time, they are not being very clear & they need to tell us what will happen if we don't pay the £100?

Now that we have plenty of available seats there is absolutely no need for a free for all and letting ST holders buy their seats is by far the easiest option.

Are the club seriously suggesting that there will be a public sale and ST holders will be treated like anyone with a purchase history?

Or will it be some sort of compromise with ST holders getting priority but not in their seat?

It it feel like they are creating deliberate uncertainty to get as many people to pay the £100.

If I can't buy my regular seat then it will be annoying but I might be able to have a seat in the new stand for a change, so it could work out OK.

I'll second that

5 minutes ago, BigC said:

to give to away clubs.

I just assumed I would get the opportunity to buy my seat for the cup games before they go on general sale , are we saying this isn't the case ? 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

I just assumed I would get the opportunity to buy my seat for the cup games before they go on general sale , are we saying this isn't the case ? 

I would be amazed if this wasn't the case.  

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Seems not

Though the justification previously was Roseburn season ticket holders should get equal chance

But they are Cat B now

Will be a loyalty point threshold and a free for all I presume (unless you pay the £100) 

I don't have a season ticket this year but have plenty loyalty points, will be looking to steal a season ticket holders seat so apologies in advance :laugh:

Just now, Longshanks said:

Will be a loyalty point threshold and a free for all I presume (unless you pay the £100) 

I don't have a season ticket this year but have plenty loyalty points, will be looking to steal a season ticket holders seat so apologies in advance :laugh:

Its not loyalty points for home games

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its not loyalty points for home games

What's the point in paying the £100 then? 

I paid the £100 but probably won’t go to Hibs cup game unless there’s a really good performance on December 27th. I doubt either game will sell out quickly.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seems not

Though the justification previously was Roseburn season ticket holders should get equal chance

But they are Cat B now

Reasonably confident Hearts will allow Cat A season ticket holders the chance to buy their own seat , would be suicide if they didn't . 

3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

What's the point in paying the £100 then? 

I assume only those that pay the the £100 are guaranteed to buy their own seats then first come first served for all other season ticket holders, like last season. 

Just now, ramrod said:

Reasonably confident Hearts will allow Cat A season ticket holders the chance to buy their own seat , would be suicide if they didn't . 

I agree it's the sensible thing to do

But the £100 is sold on allowing special priority

Captain America

One of the main reasons I have a season ticket is to guarantee tickets/seats for the bigger cup games. I only make about 50% of league games at Tynie ( less last season) This is big F U to fans if seats go to general sale & season ticket holders don't get priority like they have in previous years.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I agree it's the sensible thing to do

But the £100 is sold on allowing special priority

Tell you something Mickey , if Hearts **** this up for  cat A season ticket holders if will be a liberty that I won't be buying into 

3 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

One of the main reasons I have a season ticket is to guarantee tickets/seats for the bigger cup games. I only make about 50% of league games at Tynie ( less last season) This is big F U to fans if seats go to general sale & season ticket holders don't get priority like they have in previous years.

What's your seat number mate? 

:laugh:

To be honest if the club don't give current season ticket holders priority it will be a disgrace.

I was of the understanding that the £100 contributed towards a price freeze over the next couple of seasons with a few other perks thrown in. I'd be surprised if existing season ticket holders were not given first refusal to purchase own seat. The cup game is a few weeks away and this issue date allows a number of purchase windows to operate. However I would have thought that the cup tie date would moved for BT/Sky viewers. Has the cup tie date been decided, but yet to be annouced?  However as a holder of two season tickets in the new stand I will not be happy if the club decided to sell tickets on a first come first serve basis.....   

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

To be honest if the club don't give current season ticket holders priority it will be a disgrace.

They will, but I think cat a and b will have the same priority, otherwise what is the point of buying the guarantee?

Dave McCreery's knee

I think the club has got pretty nuch everything to do with ticketing right since the Budge regime started. Apart from this - really not clear what happens if you have not paid the £100 - do you get first call on your seat or not? As others have said, there is no reason why all season ticket holders dont get the chance to by their seat and would surely be counter productive not to. 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

They may give folk who have paid £100 first priority then have a period in between where ST holders who didn't pay it have a chance to buy. That may include a period where you can buy your own seat. It May be a free for all, but a different type of free for all to last season in that there will be more seats than people buying them.

Or it may be the feared straight to public sale. 

At this point we just don't know and I would like to know.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They will, but I think cat a and b will have the same priority, otherwise what is the point of buying the guarantee?

Cat B shouldn't have the same privilege as Cat A unless they have paid the £100 , I'm sure that will be the case 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

True.  So pay £100 and guarantee first dibs on your seat - then it's a free for all for all season ticket holders (Inc cat B) - then the left overs. 

Season ticket holders will get priority but you will not be guaranteed your own seat. Exactly the same thing that has happened last 2 years

Everyome please calm down.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Cat B shouldn't have the same privilege as Cat A unless they have paid the £100 , I'm sure that will be the case 

I don't think Cat B could reserve their own seat as I presume hibs are getting the full roseburn. 

Just now, Longshanks said:

I don't think Cat B could reserve their own seat as I presume hibs are getting the full roseburn. 

Yeah , the may get first shot at another part of the ground if they've paid the £100 though , which seems fair enough 

I'd say this £100 malarky is a kick in the teeth to FoH members, who get no real tangible benefit* in return for their membership.

£100 is less than the minimum annual membership donation to FoH, yet the reciprocal benefit appears to be greater. 

I have a Season Ticket and I'm in FoH. If folk like me don't get first dibs on our seats for cup matches, then something's very wrong.

* I mean apart from saving our beloved club, and in tangible terms like ticket priority for example, which is perhaps being thrown at people for giving £100.

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

True.  So pay £100 and guarantee first dibs on your seat - then it's a free for all for all season ticket holders (Inc cat B) - then the left overs. 

Though you can't get your own seat if Cat B

A Hibs fan will be sitting in it

How does this apply to kids season tickets... I have 4 STs, 3 of which are for my kids.  It would seem nonsensical to pay £400 to guarantee the seats.

Captain America
11 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

:muggy:

100 quid guaranteed you a price freeze.

Plus the seat .

Not great deal tbh.

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'd say this £100 malarky is a kick in the teeth to FoH members, who get no real tangible benefit in return for their membership.

£100 is less than the minimum annual membership donation to FoH, yet the reciprocal benefit appears to be greater. 

I have a Season Ticket and I'm in FoH. If folk like me don't get first dibs on our seats for cup matches, then something's very wrong.

But I do agree with this.

I'm not wanting much but I do expect my loyalty to be respected.

It's a badly thought out idea to raise funds for the Tynecastle development which will benefit a few and P**s off many.                     However,best just hand yer dosh tae Mrs B and pipe doon! ?

5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

How does this apply to kids season tickets... I have 4 STs, 3 of which are for my kids.  It would seem nonsensical to pay £400 to guarantee the seats.

You’ll get tickets for the game don’t worry.

It will be a free for all for season ticket holders so might not be guaranteed your own seats though.

8 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Season ticket holders will get priority but you will not be guaranteed your own seat. Exactly the same thing that has happened last 2 years

Everyome please calm down.

That may well be the case.

But the club have not come out and said that.

It would be nice if they did.

It's a £100 donation for the new stand.

Season tickets are for league games only.

ALL season ticket holders who want one will get a Cup game ticket.

ALL rather simple.

1 minute ago, BigC said:

That may well be the case.

But the club have not come out and said that.

It would be nice if they did.

They have not come out and said it because they want as many people as possible to cough up £100 to “guarantee their seat”!!

Think about it.

Captain America

From the Season Ticket T&Cs on website.

Your Season Ticket does not give you any entitlement to access matches played at the Stadium, or to access your allocated seat (unless you have purchased a Seat Guarantee as noted above), for any other matches not covered by your Season Ticket (e.g. Cup matches, friendlies) although Loyalty Points which count towards the allocation of other match tickets (see http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/loyaltypoints) will be awarded to you for purchasing a Season Ticket.

Just now, Lambo85 said:

They have not come out and said it because they want as many people as possible to cough up £100 to “guarantee their seat”!!

Think about it.

If they are doing that deliberately then it's a pretty poor show.

I don't complain about much, but that would be fairly manipulative.

Think about it.

3 minutes ago, BigC said:

If they are doing that deliberately then it's a pretty poor show.

I don't complain about much, but that would be fairly manipulative.

Think about it.

I don’t disagree with you.

Its really bad PR in my opinion. Trying to screw the fans out of more money when we are being served up absolute garbage on the park. 

Also so why do you think they are putting the tickets on sale for this match so early?

10 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's a £100 donation for the new stand.

Season tickets are for league games only.

ALL season ticket holders who want one will get a Cup game ticket.

ALL rather simple.

Exactly, it’s a donation, and has to be seen in that context.

13 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

From the Season Ticket T&Cs on website.

Your Season Ticket does not give you any entitlement to access matches played at the Stadium, or to access your allocated seat (unless you have purchased a Seat Guarantee as noted above), for any other matches not covered by your Season Ticket (e.g. Cup matches, friendlies) although Loyalty Points which count towards the allocation of other match tickets (see http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/loyaltypoints) will be awarded to you for purchasing a Season Ticket.

Whilst this is of course true... I think the club need to think very carefully before cheesing off an ready disillusioned ST base.

Others have also raised valid concerns about the impact a free for all has on atmosphere.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Catch 22 now. Piss off those paying the 100 or piss off all of those who paid a premium price to watch shite in a rugby ground.

I am usually defensive of Hearts but this was a bad idea 

Traditionally your season ticket has you first dibs on your seat for non deal ticket matches. 

Although the season ticket information did state this was not the case this year, to charge £100.00 just for the right to buy a ticket for your own seat is a bit of a cheek, and is a lot mrlenthan previous cup top ups, where you actually got the match ticket too. 

Season ticket holders have already attended 4 games at another stadium, if we are now saying you aren't getting the chance to purchase your own seat for a cup game , even by way of a thank you , then that is a horrendous way to treat loyal fans . I would be utterly amazed if this is the way it pans out tbh . 

Captain America
11 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Whilst this is of course true... I think the club need to think very carefully before cheesing off an ready disillusioned ST base.

Others have also raised valid concerns about the impact a free for all has on atmosphere.

100% agree with you.

I was discussing the issue with my brother and had copied and pasted the T&Cs so thought it be useful to put them on this thread.

Archived