Pay £100 to guarantee your seat?

BigC

Just now, Hashimoto said:

What I don't get is this £100 con trick....You pay your season ticket money in good faith at the start of the season. you even pay extra to go platinum. At the very least you should have first refusal on the seat you chose to buy....I'd give ST holders 7 to 10 days from when tickets go on sale to purchase, if not taken up then by all means put up for allocation......

That didn’t happen last season for the Hibs cup tie. 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

What's the point in paying the £100 then? 

Good deal isn't it....

Club have an insatiable appetite for supporter hard earned

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think would likely mean FoH contributions attracting VAT as they then are purchasing a tangible benefit. Though I am no tax expert. 

You beat me to it Dave.

The FOH subscriptions have to be kept apart from any club incentives. there was a fair bit of discussion about this when FOH was set up.

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

I just assumed I would get the opportunity to buy my seat for the cup games before they go on general sale , are we saying this isn't the case ? 

I spoke to the Ticket Office this morning and he explained it would guarantee our seat for cup games

Not sure why all the moaning tbh. It's exactly the same situation as the previous two Hibs cup games with the only difference being that those who paid £100 for the price freeze get the wee bonus of getting their own seats.

I've sat in different seats the last two cup games and I'll be in a different one this year. No big deal.

Just now, Frank1874 said:

Not sure why all the moaning tbh. It's exactly the same situation as the previous two Hibs cup games with the only difference being that those who paid £100 for the price freeze get the wee bonus of getting their own seats.

I've sat in different seats the last two cup games and I'll be in a different one this year. No big deal.

Yup its that simple....

1 minute ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I spoke to the Ticket Office this morning and he explained it would guarantee our seat for cup games

Was that a seat or your seat G ?

Just now, Spencer said:

Good deal isn't it....

It would seem to be a valuable benefit as people certainly appear to want it.  It was always marketed as a fundraising initiative so there was never any doubt it was all about helping to fund the stadium redevelopment. No-one is any worse off in terms of season ticket privileges than they were last season as far as I can understand it. 

I wouldn’t care if someone’s sits in my seat as long as I get another seat. 

Im more concerned that the club plan on raising season ticket prices by £33 per season over the next 3 years. 

If we finish bottom 6 this year & miss on a second game vs Hibs, Celtic & Rangers, plus 4 matches at Murrayfield us season ticket holders have had a bum deal & raising the price will turn hundreds off! 

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Was that a seat or you seat G ?

I'm not fully understanding your reply but I think your question is...guarantee my actual st seat or you get a seat but might be elsewhere .      He explained it was my actual seat in Q

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That didn’t happen last season for the Hibs cup tie. 

We now have an extra 3000 seats though. Last year we had more ST holders than seats for cup ties. this year we have plenty seats for everyone that wants one.

There is a way the club can keep everyone happy . I hope they take it.

SectionDJambo

This is a different situation from last year, when there were less seats in the ground to allocate to people from the Roseburn.

The number of people who may be inconvenienced, from there, by not being able to get 2 or more seats together should be minimal. It looks to me like there are plenty of unsold seats in the new main stand alone.

We were sold Season Tickets after being told we would be back at Tynecastle in September. We didn’t get back until mid November. How many tickets would not have been sold had we all been told of that scenario in advance? Maybe there would have been little impact, who knows.

The fact is that we were not in our premium seats which were paid for, not cheaply, up front when the club needed the cash. 

As others have said, there is a familiarity of being in your usual seat, around people who have become friends purely through the contact at Tynecastle.

These considerations, and our recent terrible record against Hibs, should have Hearts thinking very carefully about how they treat their loyal Season Ticket holders  for this tie.

1 minute ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I'm not fully understanding your reply but I think your question is...guarantee my actual st seat or you get a seat but might be elsewhere .      He explained it was my actual seat in Q

Yeah that was my question, hope that's the case ,makes sense 

3 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

I wouldn’t care if someone’s sits in my seat as long as I get another seat. 

Im more concerned that the club plan on raising season ticket prices by £33 per season over the next 3 years. 

If we finish bottom 6 this year & miss on a second game vs Hibs, Celtic & Rangers, plus 4 matches at Murrayfield us season ticket holders have had a bum deal & raising the price will turn hundreds off! 

Don’t think there is any indication that season tickets will go up by £33 next season. Might be more. ?

With all due respect to the views of other posters. I'll call this blatant expoitation......I would need to fork out another £200 to secure my 2 seats. given that we go to the games as part of a social crowd, my mates would also have to pay £100 each.Now I quite like talking to my pals and getting involved at the game and I'm not prone to getting involved with strangers....Everything just now feels like the club are scrambling for our hard earned cash with there £50 1978 strips. Hearts fans = Cash cows.....   

If your a season ticket holder your guaranteed a seat. That should be the only concern.

Really can't see what the fuss is about.

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

With all due respect to the views of other posters. I'll call this blatant expoitation......I would need to fork out another £200 to secure my 2 seats. given that we go to the games as part of a social crowd, my mates would also have to pay £100 each.Now I quite like talking to my pals and getting involved at the game and I'm not prone to getting involved with strangers....Everything just now feels like the club are scrambling for our hard earned cash with there £50 1978 strips. Hearts fans = Cash cows.....   

What happened last season at the Hibs game?

Captain America

Difference from last 2 seasons is we have bigger capacity this season and also last season we had full ST holders in the Roseburn. 

This season Roseburn only Cat B+ ST holders.

Can't see why it can't be :

Full ST holders get 1st dibs on their seats.

Cat B+ ST holders get 1st dibs on rest of seats or untaken ST seats.

Loyalty points threshold

General sale

Just now, davemclaren said:

What happened last season at the Hibs game?

Luck of the draw.....you got your seat if it was available...however you know that already! 

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think would likely mean FoH contributions attracting VAT as they then are purchasing a tangible benefit. Though I am no tax expert. 

On reflection I can see how this could be interpreted and therefore can understand why it is a no goer.

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Luck of the draw.....you got your seat if it was available...however you know that already! 

I do, but did you get to sit with your crowd?

Hope they ramp up the prices as well. £40 for the cheap seats would be a decent starting figure.

Make as much cash as possible.

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

Hope they ramp up the prices as well. £40 for the cheap seats would be a decent starting figure.

Make as much cash as possible.

Hope we managed to get a draw and a replay at Easter Road. Would be a great money spinner.

I do, but did you get to sit with your crowd?

Yes.....We went down to the booking office on the day of sale to guarantee our seats. We all sat in section Q (old stand) and could have moved across to the other side. But it didn't feel right taking someone else's premium seat......Call it naive but we just felt it was the decent thing to do

42 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I hear you squirt , but it's bolloks from the club . 

Every season ticket holder should get the chance to purchase their own seat  for a cup tie , it should be basic privelage . 

If you are a Cat B you get the chance to buy a seat in another part of the ground , subject to availability , before a public sale . 

Its a no brainer , the club are again making things uneccessarily complicated. 

totally agree with this. As someone else said you get nothing back for your FOH donation (happy with that as we all do it knowingly) but I will be mightily pissed off if I don't get first shot at my season ticket seat.  If that happens serious consideration to cancelling my FOH donation

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

totally agree with this. As someone else said you get nothing back for your FOH donation (happy with that as we all do it knowingly) but I will be mightily pissed off if I don't get first shot at my season ticket seat.  If that happens serious consideration to cancelling my FOH donation

Why would you cancel your donation? FOH don't make ticketing policy. 

3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Yes.....We went down to the booking office on the day of sale to guarantee our seats. We all sat in section Q (old stand) and could have moved across to the other side. But it didn't feel right taking someone else's premium seat......Call it naive but we just felt it was the decent thing to do

Someone had nabbed my seat so I got two in the old stand to sit in it for the last time. Enjoyed the change of scenery. 

:rofl:

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t think there is any indication that season tickets will go up by £33 next season. Might be more. ?

Yeh, I kinda meant at least £33. That’s like adding an extra game on top & if we don’t manage top 6 every season ticket holder this year will not have had value for money. 

They would be better selling plaques in the new stand or something like that for the money. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Why would you cancel your donation? FOH don't make ticketing policy. 

because I would be pissed off with Hearts and feel exploited. my perogative

Hearts need to be very careful here. There are only so many times you can ask the fans to dig deep and this £100 scheme is a step too far IMO. 

Given the nonsense we have been served up the last year it's astonishing how our season ticket sales have held up this year.

I think they need to carefully consider the price rises for next season as it is reaching breaking point for some of us. Saturday's attendance is a sign that people will not always fork out to see Hearts.

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

because I would be pissed off with Hearts and feel exploited. my perogative

You may as well just cancel now then as it will be guaranteed the same policy as last year. You will be guaranteed a seat, it just might now be your own.

Bazzas right boot

They'll be enough seats for st holders and folk who paid the £100.

Surely there aren't 2000 folk that don't have a season ticket that have paid the £100?

Most of the folk that paid the £100 will be season ticket holders.

Allot of fuss about nothing.

A complete none issue.

Both will get priority before public sale and everyone st holder and £100 folk will get a ticket if they want one.

2 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

You may as well just cancel now then as it will be guaranteed the same policy as last year. You will be guaranteed a seat, it just might now be your own.

yeah I know I'll get a seat. Last year we had the Roseburn End with quite a lot of full season tickets. That's not the case this year so I would have no idea why they would put this on general sale to season ticket holders. It's plainly stupid. 

yeah I know I'll get a seat. Last year we had the Roseburn End with quite a lot of full season tickets. That's not the case this year so I would have no idea why they would put this on general sale to season ticket holders. It's plainly stupid. 

You honestly think they are going to take £100 of folk and then come out a couple of days later and tell season ticket holders who didn’t fork out the £100 that they are guaranteed their seats anyway?

13 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Yeh, I kinda meant at least £33. That’s like adding an extra game on top & if we don’t manage top 6 every season ticket holder this year will not have had value for money. 

They would be better selling plaques in the new stand or something like that for the money. 

I was kidding. They could go up by more or less as I doubt it’s been decided yet. 

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

You honestly think they are going to take £100 of folk and then come out a couple of days later and tell season ticket holders who didn’t fork out the £100 they are guaranteed their seats anyway?

we'll have to see but it will piss off a hell of a lot more supporters when it's a free for all when everyone is guaranteed a seat but not their own. Where is the sense in that. There should a 48 hour window and then a staged free for all. 

I don't think Cat B could reserve their own seat as I presume hibs are getting the full roseburn. 

Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen would all get the full Roseburn too.

8 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

They'll be enough seats for st holders and folk who paid the £100.

Surely there aren't 2000 folk that don't have a season ticket that have paid the £100?

Most of the folk that paid the £100 will be season ticket holders.

Allot of fuss about nothing.

A complete none issue.

Both will get priority before public sale and everyone st holder and £100 folk will get a ticket if they want one.

You had to have a season ticket to guarantee your seat. 

2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

we'll have to see but it will piss off a hell of a lot more supporters when it's a free for all when everyone is guaranteed a seat but not their own. Where is the sense in that. There should a 48 hour window and then a staged free for all. 

That’s what happened last year, nothing has changed. 

I agree with you but it’s what has happened the last 2 seasons and it’s what will happen again.

portobellojambo1

Is there any possibility that the club may try and deal with both the league game on 27 December and the cup tie at the same time. Or would the fact it is possible that not all ST holders may be able or want to go to both games make that unworkable.

That’s what happened last year, noth8ng has changed. 

what has changed is that everyone with a Cat A season ticket can get their own seat. That wasn't the case last season because of full season ticket holders in the Roseburn. Therefore it has changed and is plain daft if it goes down that path

What's the point in paying the £100 then? 

When it comes down to it, the point in paying the £100 was to help the club to fund the new main stand.  That's what this deal was introduced for, to help bring more money in to plug any funding shortfall.  The price freeze and guarantee of 'your' seat for cup ties was the added incentive to pay the £100.

It’s a rip off and frankly taking us for mugs. £100 to guarantee my seat for a couple of cup games a season, after shelling out for a Platinum ST. No chance. If I have to sit in another seat for a game so be it, I’m sure I’ll survive. Way to go in rewarding loyalty by trying to fleece every last penny out of the support. Although, to be fair they do need to continually pay for the Oshaniwa’s and Martin’s which can’t be cheap.

49 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Good deal isn't it....

It's almost as if they've had a major infrastructure project to try to fund recently!

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

what has changed is that everyone with a Cat A season ticket can get their own seat. That wasn't the case last season because of full season ticket holders in the Roseburn. Therefore it has changed and is plain daft if it goes down that path

The only people guaranteed their own seats at the moment are those who took out the extra £100 option. The fact that there are more seats available this time round to me does suggest that it is possible a lot more will end up getting their own seats.

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

It’s a rip off and frankly taking us for mugs. £100 to guarantee my seat for a couple of cup games a season, after shelling out for a Platinum ST. No chance. If I have to sit in another seat for a game so be it, I’m sure I’ll survive. Way to go in rewarding loyalty by trying to fleece every last penny out of the support. Although, to be fair they do need to continually pay for the Oshaniwa’s and Martin’s which can’t be cheap.

This was on sale over the summer. No-one is compelled to buy it. 

Archived