Its a donation towards the new stand.

Have you paid it?

Absolutely NOT, and I won't be.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, kila said:

And creating a rich/poor divide isn't going to help attendances

Will we see the same number of STs next season when the next stage of the main stand ST price hike continues because there is less silver STs?

Budge is running the club for the middle and upper class. Offering seating deals and premium things for those with the cash. What about the working class support? Who cares eh?

Utter garbage.

Hearts offer a range of ticket prices that reflect peoples ability to pay.

Fact: Hearts offer the cheapest single home match (equal with Motherwell) ticket price in Scotland at £19. They also offer one of the cheapest child season ticket prices at just £30 for CatB.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15665301.Survey_reveals_that_average_season_ticket_price_has_risen_in_three_of_four_Scottish_leagues/

6 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Its a donation towards the new stand.

Have you paid it?

If the club needed more fan help to find the stand yet could have taken a leaf out of Chris Robinson’s book and introduced a 500 club type scheme. But instead of a fair scheme they decided to instead test the gullibility of the support.

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

If the club needed more fan help to find the stand yet could have taken a leaf out of Chris Robinson’s book and introduced a 500 club type scheme. But instead of a fair scheme they decided to instead test the gullibility of the support.

Ah, I see.

It's a test.

:vrface:

Generic Username

If it had been marketed a bit better as some kind of Scottish Cup/League Cup "add on" to your season ticket, something like the £100.00 covering the ticket for the first game in the Scottish Cup for the next 3 seasons (regardless of opponent) and covering all the League Cup group games plus the first knock-out game then there would be a pretty heavy % of purchases. Not saying that's EXACTLY what it should be before someone has an aneurysm replying. Don't think we're the most savvy with how we market certain things.

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Absolutely NOT, and I won't be.

Good, remember and purchase a ticket on the day of release for a better than average chance of getting your seat.

3 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

If it had been marketed a bit better as some kind of Scottish Cup/League Cup "add on" to your season ticket, something like the £100.00 covering the ticket for the first game in the Scottish Cup for the next 3 seasons (regardless of opponent) and covering all the League Cup group games plus the first knock-out game then there would be a pretty heavy % of purchases. Not saying that's EXACTLY what it should be before someone has an aneurysm replying. Don't think we're the most savvy with how we market certain things.

To be fair they were looking for something that would actually raise funds. 

8 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Completely missing the point.  Buying your ST seat for cup games was always part of the package.  This wasn't possible logistically the past couple of seasons since we had more ST than seats for cup games.  That is no longer the case.

I could easily pay the £100.  I could even cancel a couple of months FOH payments and get that £100 back.  That's not really the point.  The club have taken a perk that came with a ST, and turned it into something they charge £100 for.  Not a good way to treat loyal customers, who are already paying above and beyond what is necessary.

That is the choice you have made, you can afford to buy, but have chosen not to because it’s not something you value enough.

Unpopular products tend not to last long, happy to see how this pans out, but no-one can say it wasn’t clear.

8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

That’s just effectively the club getting a loan  I don’t see the issue with ‘fund raising’ from people that can and want to provide it. 

Generic Username
Just now, davemclaren said:

To be fair they were looking for something that would actually raise funds. 

"Not saying that's EXACTLY what it should be before someone has an aneurysm replying."

It's a toss up between the existing £100.00 plan, which I'm not sure will have a huge success rate, or something that's effectively a bigger carrot being dangled in front of people that will have a far bigger turnout.

A thousand people at £100.00 or nine/ten thousand folk at £150.00. I'm not suggesting the mechanics of my original post are what we should do, but I do think there's a better way to entice fans in to get more people spending £100.00 a head than what's currently been proposed.

58 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I just feel like the last few years we as a support are throwing cash at the club and are seeing minimal reward on the pitch.

This is key: if we were watching an exciting, reasonably successful, challenging team then very few would complain about this.

As it is, many feel the club are always asking the fans for more and more, without giving much back. Other than an over budget new stand, of course. 

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

This made up £100 begging tactic is worse than Rodney's 'Dynamic Pricing' for season tickets.

Ffs.

:rofl:

Gone are the days when you could go to the football and feel like the people standing next to you were, for 90 minutes at least, on the same side as you. 

People arguing for capitalism and against 'communism' are missing the point that going to the football could be (perhaps used to be) a pass-time in which you could temporarily forget the real world, and stand alongside your 'tribespeople' and feel you belong. 

With every additional class and upgrade we hear of, some in our support (and potential support) will feel increasingly excluded and thus pushed away. 

The difference between going along to support your team, and buying a car is obvious. One is a social activity, the other is not. Whether you can afford a "Ferrari" or not is not the same as whether you can afford to upgrade your already expensive Season Ticket, because without your Season Ticket upgrade, you can be made to feel as if you are outside the social group to which you evidently want to belong. If people are made to feel they are being increasingly excluded from their "tribe" because of their inability to pay, the whole appeal of being in the tribe is undermined. 

If you refuse to see this from the point of view of someone on a low income, it doesn't mean the predicament doesn't exist.

Yes there are bands of Season Tickets at various prices. No one is disputing the place of price tiers in itself. The point is when does it get too severe... When does the disparity get too much... If traditional benefits keep getting slowly stripped away and sold back for additional costs, at some stage there will be a tipping point and the working class identity of the support will be completely eradicated.

18 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Ffs.

:rofl:

It's true!  "Please Sir, give us £100 and we'll give you nothing of any importance back"  at least the 500 Club gave you some identity as being part of a specific club help the football club.

£15 a head quiz, retro shirts, putting a price on securing your own seat ... IMO there's fund raising, and there's ripping the shit out the fans.

On the pitch is an absolute disgrace and is at a critical stage for me.  I'll pay £100 for Levein and his band of 'Yes Men' to go.  The structure was fit for the Championship but I have totally had enough.  We all buy tickets, strips and post on JKB because we have one common love - HEARTS.  We're doing everything off the pitch these days (yes I know a new stand is a massive project), but all we've done is focus on everything away from the playing side and that's actually the reason we all support Hearts.

The priority and focus has been totally lost, or the balance is certainly the wrong way round for me.

Ram your £100 IMO.

5 hours ago, Beats said:

Another happy clapper.

I fully understand what the £100 is for but I don't agree with it. You should be guaranteeing your seat for cup games along with your season ticket. As has been stated many times on this thread last season we had more season ticket holders than seats available if the Roseburn was given to away fans. Not this season. 

Dress it up anyway you like but this is just another way to fleece the fans. 

You so being a slavering erse amounts to me being a happy clapper?

Good one.

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Season ticket holders will 100% get priority. The vast majority will get their own seat by booking it in the 1st few days when tickets go on sale.

As I said previously the £100 is a donation towards the new stand with the only real perk being to keep your own seat for Cup games if you choose.

Again, I don't see there being a massive uptake so it's no big deal anyway.

Exactly.

Absolutely incredible some of the garbage being spouted on this thread.

Creating a rich/poor divide FFS!

Talk about making mountains out of molehills.

13 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

It's true!  "Please Sir, give us £100 and we'll give you nothing of any importance back"  at least the 500 Club gave you some identity as being part of a specific club help the football club.

£15 a head quiz, retro shirts, putting a price on securing your own seat ... IMO there's fund raising, and there's ripping the shit out the fans.

On the pitch is an absolute disgrace and is at a critical stage for me.  I'll pay £100 for Levein and his band of 'Yes Men' to go.  The structure was fit for the Championship but I have totally had enough.  We all buy tickets, strips and post on JKB because we have one common love - HEARTS.  We're doing everything off the pitch these days (yes I know a new stand is a massive project), but all we've done is focus on everything away from the playing side and that's actually the reason we all support Hearts.

The priority and focus has been totally lost, or the balance is certainly the wrong way round for me.

Ram your £100 IMO.

Think you need a lie down mate...

3 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Pricing folk out of Tynecastle is patently a bad idea when we should be trying to encourage more people to come, not less.

Yes, these new "£100"-type schemes are optional, but to not partake results in disadvantage. Additionally, to those who don't or can't partake, it gives the impression of exclusivity and exclusion, and excluding people from traditional Season Ticket perks based on an inability to pay extra is frankly not what I want from Heart of Midlothian FC. I want us to be a club that makes people of all working backgrounds feel welcome and included – a Season Ticket should be the main device for ensuring that.

The basic deal , as far as I understood it , was to guarantee you would not pay an increase in your ST for 3 years . I paid that because I could afford it . It helps the club and I'll , near enough , break even on the deal . 

The cup ticket 'row' is a complete red herring latched onto by those who just want to complain .

I'd guess first phase of ticket sales £100 club get to purchase their own seats , second phase ST holders (non £100 club) get to purchase their own seats . 

No advantage at all to the £100 people .

So anybody moaning about this either doesn't understand or is just looking for an excuse to snipe at the club , and there are far too many of the latter for me

5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

The basic deal , as far as I understood it , was to guarantee you would not pay an increase in your ST for 3 years . I paid that because I could afford it . It helps the club and I'll , near enough , break even on the deal . 

The cup ticket 'row' is a complete red herring latched onto by those who just want to complain .

I'd guess first phase of ticket sales £100 club get to purchase their own seats , second phase ST holders (non £100 club) get to purchase their own seats . 

No advantage at all to the £100 people .

So anybody moaning about this either doesn't understand or is just looking for an excuse to snipe at the club , and there are far too many of the latter for me

I guess this will only work if the £100 club can ONLY purchase their own season ticket seat and not move to another season ticket holders seat, for instance someone in the Gorgie stand might decide to sit in the main stand for the cup games so they then buy another season tickets seat in turn fu***** up the system.

maroonlegions

I am going to treat myself and buy a platinum half season ticket with the intention of renewing next season with a full one.

Is there any perks with this platinum half season ticket??

Captain America
3 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Bollocks.

The st gives you your seat for league games.

Also gives you priority for a ticket in the event of a cup home game.

Never has, or not for years anyway guaranteed your seat for cup games.

Same for most team's.

It's voluntary so in no way fleecing the fans and over the three years would cost you the price of a few pints or maybe even save money depending on increase's.

Moaning for moaning sakes.

Other teams seem to have it as benefit for having a ST. Aberdeen for example.

Screenshot_20171128-142735.png

I know people will view this as buying a seat for glory hunters but if they did some kind of membership in return for some loyalty points I'd be all over that.

Living where I do I don't get to many games anymore but when I'm home it would be nice to know I had a shot at tickets for bigger games due to being some kind of member.

I appreciate the current performances and the new stand probably mean getting a seat won't exactly be a big ask currently.

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

You so being a slavering erse amounts to me being a happy clapper?

Good one.

So anyone with a different opinion to yours is slavering.

Good one.

36 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

Looks like a good deal tbh.

The discount on official club supporters buses will be an incentive for Dons fans.

I have asked the club several times about putting the buses back on but they don't want to know.

Captain America
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Looks like a good deal tbh.

The discount on official club supporters buses will be an incentive for Dons fans.

I have asked the club several times about putting the buses back on but they don't want to know.

When looking at other clubs quite a few offer the 10% discount in club store.

Few offered free entry to Betfred games aswell. 

We seem to be basic tickets for league games and no other benefits that I can see easily on website. 

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just anothet example of the monetisation of everything possible. At least companies like Ryanair are upfront about it.

Given Hearts launched this initiative in the summer that was pretty upfront. Will be interesting to see what is actually announced re ticket sales as most seem to have been sleeping when it was launched and have only woken up now. ?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, C-3PO said:

Fair enough.

Thier average crowd is about half the capacity tho. Hardly a scramble.

How much are Thier season tickets?

The £100 also gives you a price freeze, maybe some Aberdeen fans might like that? 

Missing a trick?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

I am going to treat myself and buy a platinum half season ticket with the intention of renewing next season with a full one.

Is there any perks with this platinum half season ticket??

Aye- you missed the first half of the season.....

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given Hearts launched this initiative in the summer that was pretty upfront. Will be interesting to see what is actually announced re ticket sales as most seem to have been sleeping when it was launched and have only woken up now. ?

I've only just realised this was happening.  The free for all past 2 seasons for cup games was an inconvenience, but I could understand it - there was little option since we had more ST holders than seats.  Fully expected things to be back to normal this year with the new stand..  Seems instead, Hearts have taken the opportunity to start charging for something that was always a given for ST holders, and was supposedly only taken away due to logistics past 2 seasons......

As it is, I'll watch the game on the telly.  If Budge has the demand to sell the tickets elsewhere, the club won't lose out.

It's not a huge deal, but for me it's just a step too far.  I already give plenty to the club in various ways including ST and FOH, to demand another hundred for what has generally been seen as a perk given as part of ST, just seems like taking the piss to me, so I'm out.

4 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

Nope, giving the game a miss because I feel the club is attempting to rip me off, charging 100 for something that was a given until a couple of years ago when we had more ST holders than seats.

Did the club give a price freeze the past 3 seasons?

Must have missed that.

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did the club give a price freeze the past 3 seasons?

Must have missed that.

Offering fans a price freeze for 3 season for 100 quid - fair enough.

Being UNABLE to give ST their own seats for cup games as we didn't have enough seats - fair enough.

CHOOSING to deny ST holders first dibs on their own seat, purely to try and get 100 quid out of people - taking the piss.

IMO  

After the shambles of the stand the least they should be doing is giving season ticket holders a price freeze for next season.

The jammy wearers refuse to see it but the club take us for mugs. 

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yes, they would, Scottish Cup rules say they're entitled to around 20% of the ground, subject to suitable segregation.

In fact, any away team drawn to play us at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup could demand the whole school end, although I think they'd have to cover the cost of any unsold tickets. 

Apologies, I was referring to league matches which I appreciate this is not.

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye- you missed the first half of the season.....

And your point is???

You missed out the bit were i said i am going to get a full  premium season ticket next season :Pbut you knew that any way.:laugh:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, maroonlegions said:

And your point is???

You missed out the bit were i said i am going to get a full  premium season ticket next season :Pbut you knew that any way.:laugh:

Naw, min- that's the benifit of buying a HALF season ticket- you miss the first half!?

21 hours ago, BigC said:

Hearts have mentioned that the "Pay £100 to guarantee your seat for cup games / price freeze" deal is still available. 

I've had a ST for 20 years and pay to the FOH but decided not to pay the £100 as I thought it would be unlikely that I would miss out on a ticket with the LP's I have combined with the increased capacity and if ST prices go up, I was thinking it would be less than £100 even over 2-3 years. (And if it's not, then I don't mind paying the extra £10-20).

I defended the club last season when they had the free for all because there were more ST holders than available seats due to the rules on how many tickets you need

to give to away clubs.

But this time, they are not being very clear & they need to tell us what will happen if we don't pay the £100?

Now that we have plenty of available seats there is absolutely no need for a free for all and letting ST holders buy their seats is by far the easiest option.

Are the club seriously suggesting that there will be a public sale and ST holders will be treated like anyone with a purchase history?

Or will it be some sort of compromise with ST holders getting priority but not in their seat?

It it feel like they are creating deliberate uncertainty to get as many people to pay the £100.

If it is a public sale then I would not be happy. 

If I can't buy my regular seat then it will be annoying but I might be able to have a seat in the new stand for a change, so it could work out OK.

But it would  e nice to know one way or another.

Totally agree, even more money requested. I also pay into FOH, £20 a month. They can't have it every way. I've just got my new seat after waiting months and will be very unhappy if I don't get it for the cup game!! Maybe I should cancel my FOH payment and pay this??? Remind me the benefit of paying into FOH, I still haven't got my "pitch plot". Surely this is the kind of thing that should be offered to FOH supporters?

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Naw, min- that's the benifit of buying a HALF season ticket- you miss the first half!?

So nae perks then...:laugh:

5 minutes ago, Pollogb said:

Totally agree, even more money requested. I also pay into FOH, £20 a month. They can't have it every way. I've just got my new seat after waiting months and will be very unhappy if I don't get it for the cup game!! Maybe I should cancel my FOH payment and pay this??? Remind me the benefit of paying into FOH, I still haven't got my "pitch plot". Surely this is the kind of thing that should be offered to FOH supporters?

Nobody is requesting anything.

If you contact the ticket office as soon as the tickets go on sale, you'll get your seat.

21 minutes ago, Beats said:

After the shambles of the stand the least they should be doing is giving season ticket holders a price freeze for next season.

The jammy wearers refuse to see it but the club take us for mugs. 

No-one is being taken for a mug.

If you don’t want to go, don’t buy a ticket. 

If you want to go sometimes, buy a match ticket for the games you fancy, knowing you may miss some games if they prove popular.

If you want to go to all League games, buy a season ticket.

If you want to go to all home games, buy a season ticket and a cup ticket.

If you want to go to all home games and sit in the same seat for all of them, buy a season ticket and pay the £100.

If you want to go to all home games and sit in the same seat for most (potentially, but not definitely all) just buy the season ticket.

If you want to donate to the FoH, do. If not, don’t.

You see Beats, everyone can see and support Hearts lots of ways, you just have to buy the ticket appropriate to your interest and/or budget. 

Not sure why anyone would hand over money whilst feeling they were being taken for a mug or indeed why anyone would feel like they were being taken for a mug. That said, if someone is feeling like that now, I’m even less sure why they are already planning on handing more money over within the next 6 months,  so long as it’s not more expensive.

5 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

No-one is being taken for a mug.

If you don’t want to go, don’t buy a ticket. 

If you want to go sometimes, buy a match ticket for the games you fancy, knowing you may miss some games if they prove popular.

If you want to go to all League games, buy a season ticket.

If you want to go to all home games, buy a season ticket and a cup ticket.

If you want to go to all home games and sit in the same seat for all of them, buy a season ticket and pay the £100.

If you want to go to all home games and sit in the same seat for most (potentially, but not definitely all) just buy the season ticket.

If you want to donate to the FoH, do. If not, don’t.

You see Beats, everyone can see and support Hearts lots of ways, you just have to buy the ticket appropriate to your interest and/or budget. 

Not sure why anyone would hand over money whilst feeling they were being taken for a mug or indeed why anyone would feel like they were being taken for a mug. That said, if someone is feeling like that now, I’m even less sure why they are already planning on handing more money over within the next 6 months,  so long as it’s not more expensive.

Aye.......but what about Aberdeen ????

Eh. Eh. Answer that????

30 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I've only just realised this was happening.  The free for all past 2 seasons for cup games was an inconvenience, but I could understand it - there was little option since we had more ST holders than seats.  Fully expected things to be back to normal this year with the new stand..  Seems instead, Hearts have taken the opportunity to start charging for something that was always a given for ST holders, and was supposedly only taken away due to logistics past 2 seasons......

As it is, I'll watch the game on the telly.  If Budge has the demand to sell the tickets elsewhere, the club won't lose out.

It's not a huge deal, but for me it's just a step too far.  I already give plenty to the club in various ways including ST and FOH, to demand another hundred for what has generally been seen as a perk given as part of ST, just seems like taking the piss to me, so I'm out.

This just underlines the point I made earlier.

Fans are just using this as an excuse to desert the club in its time of need.

Just be honest and admit you are hacked off with results and don't fancy paying to see us possibly getting beat of Hibs.

The person who said this is a red herring is spot on imo.

Seems like we a now charging for something that used to be free.  It's like the micro transactions in computer games, you buy the game but then have to spend more if you want to unlock extra features that you would expect are already included. 

Wonder what they could add in next?  £5 charge if you want to bring a bag in with you? £2 a pee?  :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If you want it, buy it. If you don't, don't. But anger at being offered something you don't want? **** me!!

I think the anger is because it's something that was offered for free previously.  

17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Fans are just using this as an excuse to desert the club in its time of need.

Seriously?  I stumped up thousands for shares in our actual time of need.  My issue is they are taking something away which was always a given in the past and I feel it's taking the piss.

19 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I think the anger is because it's something that was offered for free previously.  

What exactly was offered for free previously ? 3 years guaranteed no price rise on ST's ? Don't think so. 

Archived