Pay £100 to guarantee your seat?

BigC

47 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'd say this £100 malarky is a kick in the teeth to FoH members, who get no real tangible benefit in return for their membership.

£100 is less than the minimum annual membership donation to FoH, yet the reciprocal benefit appears to be greater. 

I have a Season Ticket and I'm in FoH. If folk like me don't get first dibs on our seats for cup matches, then something's very wrong.

But I do agree with this.

I'm not wanting much but I do expect my loyalty to be respected.

100 quid guaranteed you a price freeze.

Plus the seat .

Not great deal tbh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For New Main Stand Season ticket holders the price is automatically going up for the next 2 seasons for existing Main Stand Season Ticket holders to subside the big price increase so why would they think about paying the £100.  

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stadium capacity is what now, 20,000 odd and we have just over 16,000 (?) season ticket holders. The Roseburn end holds around 3,500 but this will be filled by Hibs. This leaves around 16,500 tickets scattered across the ground. If every season ticket holder got first dibs on their seat anyone whos ST is in the Roseburn doesn't have a chance in hell of getting two seats next to each other. The club has decided that the fairest (hmm) way to go about it is offer anyone willing to pay another £100 their seat, without doubt. If you aren't willing to pay the £100 then you'll be allowed to buy a ticket early just like every other ST holder who hasn't paid the £100, but it might not be your usual seat. Every single ST holder who wants to go will get a ticket, but unless you pay an extra £100 you might be on your todd and in a different stand.

Am I correct?

Please and thank you.

8 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Traditionally your season ticket has you first dibs on your seat for non deal ticket matches. 

Although the season ticket information did state this was not the case this year, to charge £100.00 just for the right to buy a ticket for your own seat is a bit of a cheek, and is a lot mrlenthan previous cup top ups, where you actually got the match ticket too. 

That was before we started selling season tickets in the Roseburn.

The last 2 cup ties against Hibs season ticket holders have had priority but have not been guaranteed their own seat. It’s bedn a free for all and that’s exactly the same way it will be for this cup tie (apart from the fans decide to fork out an extra £100).

I don’t agree with the free for all and haven’t since the first cup tie against Hibs. It puts unneeded stress and pressure on the ticket office staff and us fans. It’s really not an ideal situation but now Hearts are trying to cash in on this by offering this £100 guarantee your seat deal.

Its terrible PR and just reeks of desperation. Us fans are getting served up absolute rubbish on the park and are yet again being asked to put our hand in our pocket to guarantee our season ticket seat for a 4th round cup tie.

Also not surprised that tickets are going on sale for this 2 months before the match. Hearts trying to cash in on this tie before yet another derby day disaster on the 27th of December!

Poor show and feeling let down by the club at the moment.

Bad idea, if you can’t purchase your seat before a public sale. I’m starting to think this club think there’s a bottomless pit of money from the supporters out there. Maybe they’ll be some clarification from HMFC, if not, it’s a disgrace, especially for supporters buying ST’s and FOH contributions. I’d go as far to say if it’s not possible to buy your seat before a public sale, then I’d have to look at my contribution to the FOH as a protest, why oh why do HMFC do this stuff, it’s like they’re trying to cause unrest, as if the season so far hasn’t been crap, they want to further alienate the supporters, rant over.

I wonder what the season ticket price increase might be next season (and the one after and the one after that)

If it's (say) £30 then you are basically paying it now and an extra £10 to get your seat for cup games. 

If it's an increase of more than £30 then you'll probably be saving money...

8 minutes ago, livi said:

But I do agree with this.

I'm not wanting much but I do expect my loyalty to be respected.

100 quid guaranteed you a price freeze.

Plus the seat .

Not great deal tbh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For New Main Stand Season ticket holders the price is automatically going up for the next 2 seasons for existing Main Stand Season Ticket holders to subside the big price increase so why would they think about paying the £100.  

Pretty sure we were excluded from this scheme for that reason,I’ve already paid £100 to one in a million scheme,looks like they just want your money by any means.

2 minutes ago, obua said:

Pretty sure we were excluded from this scheme for that reason,I’ve already paid £100 to one in a million scheme,looks like they just want your money by any means.

So Main stand season ticket holders should get to buy their own seat?

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So Main stand season ticket holders should get to buy their own seat?

All season ticket holders should.

Someone will be along in a minute to proclaim this is a masterstroke of marketing genius when in reality it’s bloody infuriating and a kick in the stones for all ST holders. 

3 minutes ago, obua said:

All season ticket holders should.

But what happens to those with STs in the Roseburn who cannot possibly be allowed to buy "their own" seat? Do the rules surrounding cup games not dictate that Hibs must be given a percentage of the ground, I.E the full Roseburn?

Captain America
Just now, Squirt said:

But what happens to those with STs in the Roseburn who cannot possibly be allowed to buy their own seat? Do the rules surrounding cup games not dictate that Hibs must be given a percentage of the ground, I.E the full Roseburn?

Hibs will defo be given the full Roseburn like previous seasons.

Is it only Cat B STs we have in Roseburn or mix of full ST holders and Cat B STs?

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

But what happens to those with STs in the Roseburn who cannot possibly be allowed to buy their own seat? Do the rules surrounding cup games not dictate that Hibs must be given a percentage of the ground, I.E the full Roseburn?

And what about old stand season ticket holders who are excluded from this scheme,farce.as I  said I’ve paid £100 in a different scheme but that doesn’t count,complete shambles.

6 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Someone will be along in a minute to proclaim this is a masterstroke of marketing genius when in reality it’s bloody infuriating and a kick in the stones for all ST holders. 

Personally I don’t have a problem with it as I will definitely get seats but just not my usual ones. Last season I was in the old stand for the cup tie so will probably look to get seats in the new stand this time. 

To be fair, Hearts probably can”t believe the problem has materialised as quickly is it has. 

1 minute ago, obua said:

And what about old stand season ticket holders who are excluded from this scheme,farce.as I  said I’ve paid £100 in a different scheme but that doesn’t count,complete shambles.

Is there not enough seats to accomodate all season ticket holders in the order of Cat A first then Cat B's in the vacant seats.  I'm just guessing as I don't know the number of season ticket holders to the number of seats in the 3 stands.

2 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

Hibs will defo be given the full Roseburn like previous seasons.

Is it only Cat B STs we have in Roseburn or mix of full ST holders and Cat B STs?

I'm not sure tbh.

1 minute ago, obua said:

I genuinely don't have a full enough understanding of how this is being implemented to form an opinion. Think the club need to clarify, unless I'm just being a fud and missing something.

Just now, Squirt said:

I'm not sure tbh.

I genuinely don't have a full enough understanding of how this is being implemented to form an opinion. Think the club need to clarify, unless I'm just being a fud and missing something.

I’m sure it will be a free for all with no guarantee of your own seat,plenty people will want to try out the new stand .

Just now, livi said:

Is there not enough seats to accomodate all season ticket holders in the order of Cat A first then Cat B's in the vacant seats.  I'm just guessing as I don't know the number of season ticket holders to the number of seats in the 3 stands.

The way I'm reading it yes, that's the case. If you've got a ST you are definitely going to get the chance to buy a seat, it's just not the one you usually sit in because someone from the Roseburn, for instance, might buy your normal seat because they can't buy their own. Unless you've paid the £100 that is.

In terms of the price freeze going forward that's a different argument and I can see why it's irking people.

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Season ticket holders will get priority but you will not be guaranteed your own seat. Exactly the same thing that has happened last 2 years

Everyome please calm down.

:spoton:

ST holders will still get first dibs on tickets, just not necessarily in their seats.

2nd phase will be general sale with a purchase history.

Just now, obua said:

I’m sure it will be a free for all with no guarantee of your own seat,plenty people will want to try out the new stand .

Right but, and this is the point I'm looking for confirmation on, it's a free for all between season ticket holders which will then be opened up to general sale if applicable? That's how I'm imagining it anyway. It's not a case of the club saying on a specific date absolutely anyone, ST holder or not, can now buy a ticket. 

If it's straight to general sale unless you've paid £100 extra then it's a complete and utter farce. If it's a case of you might just not get your usual seat then ok not ideal but considering there are ST holders in the Roseburn stand who couldn't buy their usual seat if they were willing to pay an extra £1000 then it's either only screw the Roseburn ST holders by letting everyone else pick their usual seat first and they can pick up the dross that's left or screw every ST holder and go straight to general sale.

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

The way I'm reading it yes, that's the case. If you've got a ST you are definitely going to get the chance to buy a seat, it's just not the one you usually sit in because someone from the Roseburn, for instance, might buy your normal seat because they can't buy their own. Unless you've paid the £100 that is.

In terms of the price freeze going forward that's a different argument and I can see why it's irking people.

Cat A should get the chance to buy their own seat before Cat B get a chance to buy a cup ticket, the very definition is Cat B , they had the chance to upgrade their ticket and chose not to , unless of course they have stumped up the 100 quid , can't see there being to many in that category tbh 

1 minute ago, Locky said:

ST holders will still get first dibs on tickets, just not necessarily in their seats.

2nd phase will be general sale with a purchase history.

Cool. No need for meltdown then IMO. 

Just now, ramrod said:

Cat A should get the chance to buy their own seat before Cat B get a chance to buy a cup ticket, the very definition is Cat B , they had the chance to upgrade their ticket and chose not to , unless of course they have stumped up the 100 quid , can't see there being to many in that category tbh 

If season tickets counted for cup games I'd agree but they don't.

This isn't an ideal situation for many, myself included, but it's a consequence of having as many season ticket holders as we do and spread out how they are. It might not feel like it but it's a good problem to have if you can understand my thinking there.

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Season ticket holders will get priority but you will not be guaranteed your own seat. Exactly the same thing that has happened last 2 years

Everyome please calm down.

But now it depends how you give your £100 if you can guarantee your seat,it says in the statement if you pay it you get £50 off the one in a million scheme,I’ve already paid full amount to that,with no guaranteed seat.

It wont sell out anyway. Everyone that wants a ticket will get one.

The £100 donation to ensure your own seat would have been worthwhile with the old capacity but with 3000 extra seats its not much of an incentive.

I cant imagine there would be that many takers especially as former mainstanders were not admitted to take part in the scheme.

37 minutes ago, Squirt said:

The stadium capacity is what now, 20,000 odd and we have just over 16,000 (?) season ticket holders. The Roseburn end holds around 3,500 but this will be filled by Hibs. This leaves around 16,500 tickets scattered across the ground. If every season ticket holder got first dibs on their seat anyone whos ST is in the Roseburn doesn't have a chance in hell of getting two seats next to each other. The club has decided that the fairest (hmm) way to go about it is offer anyone willing to pay another £100 their seat, without doubt. If you aren't willing to pay the £100 then you'll be allowed to buy a ticket early just like every other ST holder who hasn't paid the £100, but it might not be your usual seat. Every single ST holder who wants to go will get a ticket, but unless you pay an extra £100 you might be on your todd and in a different stand.

Am I correct?

Please and thank you.

The club were trying to get us up to 14,000

ST holders but never announced that we'd got there so the assumption is that we fell just a few short and have thirteen thousand nine hundred and something.

There aren't very many ST holders in the Roseburn. Maybe only a couple of hundred.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

It wont sell out anyway. Everyone that wants a ticket will get one.

The £100 donation to ensure your own seat would have been worthwhile with the old capacity but with 3000 extra seats its not much of an incentive.

I cant imagine there would be that many takers especially as former mainstanders were not admitted to take part in the scheme.

You are missing the point,most people want to sit amongst there friends like every other week.

5 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Cool. No need for meltdown then IMO. 

If that's true, then there would be no need for a meltdown.

But we don't know either way.

Just now, Squirt said:

If season tickets counted for cup games I'd agree but they don't.

This isn't an ideal situation for many, myself included, but it's a consequence of having as many season ticket holders as we do and spread out how they are. It might not feel like it but it's a good problem to have if you can understand my thinking there.

I hear you squirt , but it's bolloks from the club . 

Every season ticket holder should get the chance to purchase their own seat  for a cup tie , it should be basic privelage . 

If you are a Cat B you get the chance to buy a seat in another part of the ground , subject to availability , before a public sale . 

Its a no brainer , the club are again making things uneccessarily complicated. 

stirlingshirejambo
42 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Am I correct?

Please and thank you.

No

your wrong

ee have closer to 14k season ticket holders

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Every season ticket holder should get the chance to purchase their own seat  for a cup tie , it should be basic privelage . 

If you are a Cat B you get the chance to buy a seat in another part of the ground , subject to availability , before a public sale . 

I think they are trying to be fair to all season ticket holders and also those that have paid £100 to guarantee their seat. 

1 minute ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

No

your wrong

ee have closer to 14k season ticket holders

13,700 ish I read somewhere recently. 

I said at the start of the season that it was the ideal time to limit season tickets to the three main hime stands only. This would have removed this issue and at a time when the Roseburn Stand ticket holders had a fair opportunity to relocate with plenty  options.

I really think this prize freeze and seat guarantee idea is a lot more trouble than it's worth.

I normally stick up for the Club, but I'm having some difficulty doing so on this occasion. It feels like FoH memberships are taken for granted, while financial rewards are offered for donations under different guises. I'd have thought giving FoH-Season Ticket dual subscribers some ticket-related reward in exchange for FoH donations would have been a suitable nod of acknowledgement. Personally, I'm in FoH for the instrinsic benefit of helping the Club, but to see advantageous ticket-related rewards being handed over in exchange for less money than a FoH membership, it makes you think perhaps that's the reason FoH membership numbers have plateaued: non members see other, more tangibly-rewarding schemes (e.g. The £100 ticket freeze) as more appealing.

1 hour ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'd say this £100 malarky is a kick in the teeth to FoH members, who get no real tangible benefit* in return for their membership.

£100 is less than the minimum annual membership donation to FoH, yet the reciprocal benefit appears to be greater. 

I have a Season Ticket and I'm in FoH. If folk like me don't get first dibs on our seats for cup matches, then something's very wrong.

* I mean apart from saving our beloved club, and in tangible terms like ticket priority for example, which is perhaps being thrown at people for giving £100.

Totally agree. If I reduced my contribution by half (not that I intend to ) I am still putting significantly more into the club than someone doing the £100 caper. Probably a number of contributors are doing both so fair play to them but I can understand why it creates a bit of disillusionment.  

10 minutes ago, BigC said:

The club were trying to get us up to 14,000

ST holders but never announced that we'd got there so the assumption is that we fell just a few short and have thirteen thousand nine hundred and something.

There aren't very many ST holders in the Roseburn. Maybe only a couple of hundred.

Now that you say it yeah I must be thinking more along the lines of average attendance figures. That creates even less of a problem then in my eyes. Until it's been confirmed, let's hold off on the pitchforks then I'd suggest.

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Can't disagree with that. Fair and simple but you'd have the Roseburn ST holders complaining, but then weigh that up against everybody else moaning and again I agree that's a better way of doing it.

The club are trying to generate income and will use my previous thought process to justify it. I can understand it but yeah, I agree with you, it's over-complicated and pretty cheeky. (A civil JKB conversation has just enlightened me and made me form a new opinion. Miracles do happen.)

12 minutes ago, obua said:

But now it depends how you give your £100 if you can guarantee your seat,it says in the statement if you pay it you get £50 off the one in a million scheme,I’ve already paid full amount to that,with no guaranteed seat.

Also happy to admit that this is something I didn't consider and I can completely see how that's a kick in the nuts.

I'd go further than my last post and suggest that ticket-related benefits could be factored into FoH, with all other schemes being ceased.

Benefits could be renewed annually at the end of every 12th month of membership.

Captain America
25 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I'm not sure tbh.

Seems from reading ST info at start of season it seem only CAT B+ in Roseburn.

Roseburn Stand “Cat B+” Season Ticket Option

This coming season, the Club has reluctantly decided to offer “Cat B+” Season Tickets only, in the Roseburn Stand.  This will mean that all season tickets in this area will only be valid for Category B matches and for our two Category A fixtures with Aberdeen FC.

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think they are trying to be fair to all season ticket holders and also those that have paid £100 to guarantee their seat. 

7 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Now that you say it yeah I must be thinking more along the lines of average attendance figures. That creates even less of a problem then in my eyes. Until it's been confirmed, let's hold off on the pitchforks then I'd suggest.

Can't disagree with that. Fair and simple but you'd have the Roseburn ST holders complaining, but then weigh that up against everybody moaning and again I agree that's a better way of doing it.

The club are trying to generate income and will use my previous thought process to justify it. I can understand it but yeah, I agree with you, it's over-complicated and pretty cheeky. (A civil JKB conversation has just enlightened me and made me form a new opinion. Miracles do happen.)

If I had  purchased a Cat B ticket I would have assumed I couldn't buy my ticket for a big cup tie and would have to take my chances getting a ticket in another part of the stadium, it's the gamble you take. 

It's more about creaming in more £100's I would say . 

I say again it's a shoddy way to treat season ticket holders , especially after moving 4 home games to another ground . Piss poor stuff 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

The fact is hearts are a business. This is an attempt to maximise revenue. The seat is not your seat, it's the clubs. A season ticket allows you to use it for the current season for league games. 

I for one think it's a poor idea and reeks of just trying to grab more cash. If people sign up it will stay, if not it may be removed or modified. 

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'd go further than my last post and suggest that ticket-related benefits could be factored into FoH, with all other schemes being ceased.

Benefits could be renewed annually at the end of every 12th month of membership.

I think would likely mean FoH contributions attracting VAT as they then are purchasing a tangible benefit. Though I am no tax expert. 

2 minutes ago, obua said:

You are missing the point,most people want to sit amongst there friends like every other week.

I understand that.

Perhaps the best way for the club to handle this would be to give all the £100 doners the chance to buy their own seat first then let other ST holders purchase theirs.

By doing this all ST holders will be getting treated the same except in different stages. Everyone who wants to purchase their own seat will be able to and the £100 subscribers will still have had priority. Any remaining tickets public sale or loyalty points.

Everyone happy.:2thumbsup:

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I assume only those that pay the the £100 are guaranteed to buy their own seats then first come first served for all other season ticket holders, like last season. 

Its about 14,500 ST's we have isn't it (?) and the Wheatfield holds about 3,700 roughly, (and will be given to Hibs I'd imagine). That's about 18,200 seats, so there should still be plenty of options for those who haven't taken up the £100 option to get seats. I took up the option but it wasn't really to make sure I got my own seat, as I had to move for the two games where it was a free for all for tickets and I wasn't disappointed with the seats I got. The main reason for taking up the option was it was a relatively easy way to get a wee bit more money into the club when buying my ST. Because there are even more seats than ST holders now they may expand the option of taking up your own seat  beyond those who have taken up the option if they can decide on a fair way of doing it.

My reading of it is that nothing has changed from last season except that those who paid £100 extra get to guarantee their seat for cup ties. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I think would likely mean FoH contributions attracting VAT as they then are purchasing a tangible benefit. Though I am no tax expert. 

Ok. Well that's certainly a consideration then. I didn't consider that. In any case, it feels like there are things that need tightened up and brought into line. It's obviously a time of great change at the Club, and I don't have a problem with the fact that issues are coming up as it's only natural. As long as issues are addressed. 

What I don't get is this £100 con trick....You pay your season ticket money in good faith at the start of the season. you even pay extra to go platinum. At the very least you should have first refusal on the seat you chose to buy....I'd give ST holders 7 to 10 days from when tickets go on sale to purchase, if not taken up then by all means put up for allocation......

There will be a lot of season ticket holders looking for an opportunity to sit in the new stand for this match. So those in the new main are most likely to lose their seat if they don’t cough up.

Not fussed myself. Happy to sit anywhere.

Archived