Genuine question : are Leveins days numbered?

gavinderbayne

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I really cannot see any meaningful improvement under Levein - mind you the Cathro appointment was such a disaster that it would be hard not to improve!!

I agree on your last comment - at Tynecastle against Ross County, Hamilton, Motherwell and Dundee.

What do you deem to be the acceptable points total from these games?

Up until January, we need 5 wins, at least I reckon to get close to 4th, beating hibs and well are probably the most important games to do that. Saint's away will also be important giving the league table, defeats in these games even if we beat Hamilton/ Ross county won't mean much.

You don't think we've improved since Peterhead?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I really cannot see any meaningful improvement under Levein - mind you the Cathro appointment was such a disaster that it would be hard not to improve!!

I agree on your last comment - at Tynecastle against Ross County, Hamilton, Motherwell and Dundee.

What do you deem to be the acceptable points total from these games?

Really has to be a minimum of 10. Ideally 12 given where we are at present. Failure to win any of them will see us with 4 points or less.  

I'm very concerned about these games because the atmosphere could become difficult.  

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Up until January, we need 5 wins, at least I reckon to get close to 4th, beating hibs and well are probably the most important games to do that. Saint's away will also be important giving the league table, defeats in these games even if we beat Hamilton/ Ross county won't mean much.

Thankfully there are fans out there with higher aspirations than yours Tosh 

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

You don't think we've improved since Peterhead?

The games against Killie and Partick were no better than Cathro's last game against Dunfermline.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Improvement since Cathro left.......

Yip.

I see an improvement since the LC debacle.

Don't think cl was going to turn us into Barca giving 1 week of the transfer window.

Anyway, you won't be happy until cl is gone, you weren't happy when 3rd and challenging for second under Robbie, you aren't happy now.

I struggle to see why you support us  tbh.

Hearts seem to cause you pain and stress and bring you little if any  joy.

Back on topic, cl is going nowhere ATM. However the next two months may decide his future and our season.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The games against Killie and Partick were no better than Cathro's last game against Dunfermline.

Imo we could have easily won both these games and were slightly the better team over the piece.

Not good enough for us, but better than getting knocked out from a Dunfermline team -a division below us.

Kilie and pt are premier teams.

Anyway, we could go about in circles.

I see an improvement under cl from Cathro, even the 3 away wins would point to that.

We need to improve further, I'll support the team in trying to do so.

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Really has to be a minimum of 10. Ideally 12 given where we are at present. Failure to win any of them will see us with 4 points or less.  

I'm very concerned about these games because the atmosphere could become difficult.  

Bottom line - if we do not get a minimum of 9 points from these next 4 'very winnable' home games, we need to face facts that we are heading for the bottom 6 and real possible disaster.

After these games we have -

Celtic H

St Johnstone A

Hibs H

Aberdeen A

Hamilton A

If we get more of the same dire football under Levein the atmosphere will be indeed difficult.

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Imo we could have easily won both these games and were slightly the better team over the piece.

Not good enough for us, but better than getting knocked out from a Dunfermline team below us.

Kilie and pt are premier teams.

Anyway, we could go about in circles.

I see an improvement under cl from Cathro, even the 3 away wins would point to that.

We need to improve further, I'll support the team in trying to do so.

Bully for you Tosh - we are all very grateful     

7 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Yip.

I see an improvement since the LC debacle.

Don't think cl was going to turn us into Barca giving 1 week of the transfer window.

Anyway, you won't be happy until cl is gone, you weren't happy when 3rd and challenging for second under Robbie, you aren't happy now.

I struggle to see why you support us  tbh.

Hearts seem to cause you pain and stress and bring you little if any  joy.

Back on topic, cl is going nowhere ATM. However the next two months may decide his future and our season.

You take it off topic, bring it back on topic, off and back on again. What a man 

I have had a lot of joy following Hearts down the years like a great many fellow supporters. But this on the PITCH at present is just unacceptable 

I don't him gone at all cost. See my post above. I want him to succeed because if he does we get better and we are all a little less pissed off. But he needs to deliver.  No more excuses.

Results so far have been very poor. He needs a good January but results between now and then could put him bang in trouble 

We really need maximum points from next 4 games. 1 from last 2 makes that difficult to envisage though 

Fozzy on the fence, I can't remember which was which, but do remember that we had to lose sometime, choose, cup or record back then ? They'll never accomplish our feats(sp), crivvens though, I don't want us to lose to them in the cup AGAIN. 

What are the statistics in Scottish cup encounters,an area the wee team may have an upper hand ?

It seems to be something of a catch 22 and I don't envy Ann Budge trying to work out what to do. 

On the one hand, as others have pointed out, the reality is that we can't afford to get rid of Levein and his coaching staff even if the Board wanted to.  Unless the £2.5m donor has other ideas.

No other club is likely to come in for Levein (which tells its own story) and he is unlikely to ever step aside. He might be willing to return to his DoF role but only with Daly stepping up and I don't see that as being much different. The 3-year contract was a mistake.

But on the other hand, sticking with Levein could cost the club if attendances begin to fall as successive seasons are written off before Christmas at a time when we should be maximising the benefit of our fantastic stadium.

And allowing Levein to be in charge of recruitment in January and probably the summer sounds like a recipe for disaster. Signing players to fit Levein's system and style and giving them long contracts means we will be stuck in this same rut for years.

12 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Appreciate the compliment thanks. Anyone who knows me knows my deep rooted, indoctrination to Hearts. From a young age they've dominated my thoughts, my time and my life in general. As I've got older I've realised that there are 'some' bigger things but I very much doubt there will come a day when Hearts aren't an extremely intregal part of my soul. If I'm pissed off and angry at where we are right now, how badly we've been run despite the historic efforts an commitment of our support it's because I genuinely and passionately believe we deserve better. I don't care about "this has always been the case". It damn well shouldn't be the case. We are an underachieving shambles right now and for every positive off the park, for every solid decision made in that regard it's been offset by the gash we've witnessed on it. The second Budgement Day is now coming, 20/21 January 2018 will define all on field success of this regime. Neilson historically became the first Hearts head coach to witness a Hibs Scottish Cup parade and we lost to them again last season. To lose to Hibs AGAIN after them also overseeing the worst European result in our history and the League Cup embarrassment of the summer would cement their names in infamy. Would collectively be the worst big game results in our 140+ years. 

????

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Hendricks is an excellent poster Tosh. Amongst best on here imo. 

He has given credit for progress off the pitch, as we all have.

On the pitch it's a ****ing disgrace and it really is OK for a Hearts fan to say as much 

This is it I’m now 100% convinced Spencer and Hendricks are the same person.

1 minute ago, Texia said:

This it I’m now 100% convinced Spencer and Hendricks are the same person.

:rofl:

Hendricks is more articulate than me bud :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Bully for you Tosh - we are all very grateful     

No need for the smart arse comments tbh.

I've laid out a perfectly logical aspiration, you need to finish with smart arse comments.

Crack on tho.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

It seems to be something of a catch 22 and I don't envy Ann Budge trying to work out what to do. 

On the one hand, as others have pointed out, the reality is that we can't afford to get rid of Levein and his coaching staff even if the Board wanted to.  Unless the £2.5m donor has other ideas.

No other club is likely to come in for Levein (which tells its own story) and he is unlikely to ever step aside. He might be willing to return to his DoF role but only with Daly stepping up and I don't see that as being much different. The 3-year contract was a mistake.

But on the other hand, sticking with Levein could cost the club if attendances begin to fall as successive seasons are written off before Christmas at a time when we should be maximising the benefit of our fantastic stadium.

And allowing Levein to be in charge of recruitment in January and probably the summer sounds like a recipe for disaster. Signing players to fit Levein's system and style and giving them long contracts means we will be stuck in this same rut for years.

Very well put, but it reads like a daily mail article, completely one sided and bias to suit you views.

Either cl is/was responsible ( 1st team) for everything from day one or he is only responsible since he was appointed mañager.

If the former- 1st,3rd,5th is his record.

If the latter he's had four months.

Either way he deserves time to fix the Cathro mess.

Getting in Europe so quickly was a great feat  itself, Scottish results in Europe tell you we are not alone, even rangers result this year put that into perspective.

Yet you could concentrate on a poor result, one in which we missed a pk and hit the bar twice. We aren't a force in Europe. We'll get beat from teams who you think are shite in the future.

This season saw a change in transfer policy to a more British based approach, we need to improve further.

In the background we now have a new stand a 20k stadium and promising youngsters coming through.

Cathro was a mistake, however you and other posters were happy for Robbie to leave and many celebrated when Cathro arrived.

Changing mañager now is not an option, it serves very little or no purpose.

We have improved since Cathro, we now have games at home, cl signed good players before and he more than anyone is playing for high stakes.

Give him the time, like you would any other manager.

You also ignored our near complete wipeout of our midfield through injuries and having played only one game at Tynecastle.

23 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

No need for the smart arse comments tbh.

I've laid out a perfectly logical aspiration, you need to finish with smart arse comments.

Crack on tho.

OH THE IRONY TOSHY!!!!!

:laugh:

34 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Excellent post!

Begs the question why we gave him a 3 year deal knowing what would happen if he couldn't turn things round. Very poor decision. One thing for sure is, when he does leave the role as manager he simply cannot be allowed to return upstairs into a directors role.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

OH THE IRONY TOSHY!!!!!

:laugh:

I rarely fire the first shot.

Your replys are ridden with personal wee digs.

Not angry, just dissapionted.

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The irony of that doesn't make me angry either....it makes me giggle.  ;)

4 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

We're 5 points off the play off spot and we've just taken one point from two games at home against the bottom two.

Let's not change it mind coz remember that time hibs got relegated.

We're not even half way through the season yet.

32 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Very well put, but it reads like a daily mail article, completely one sided and bias to suit you views.

Either cl is/was responsible ( 1st team) for everything from day one or he is only responsible since he was appointed mañager.

Getting in Europe so quickly was a great feat  itself, Scottish results in Europe tell you we are not alone, even rangers result this year put that into perspective.

Yet you could concentrate on a poor result, one in which we missed a pk and hit the bar twice. We aren't a force in Europe. We'll get beat from teams who you think are shite in the future.

This season saw a change in transfer policy to a more British based approach, we need to improve further.

In the background we now have a new stand a 20k stadium and promising youngsters coming through.

Cathro was a mistake, however you and other posters were happy for Robbie to leave and many celebrated when Cathro arrived.

We have improved since Cathro, we now have games at home, cl signed good players before and he more than anyone is playing for high stakes.

You also ignored our near complete wipeout of our midfield through injuries and having played only one game at Tynecastle.

The Cathro mess is Levein's mess though Tosh. They're inextricably linked 

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

The Cathro mess was the board’s mess. Craig would be reccomending him and Ann and the board clearly supported that. Similarly, Craig’s current tenure is the board’s decision.  So the accountabiliy is wider. 

Craig  has improved the same squad of players no doubt about that at all. 

Points taken, will be what they will be Top 6 is our goal this year and with a couple of very good signings and a couple of departures Top 6 should be achievable.

After the summer 18  transfer window will be the more defining timescale for improvement and European football must be our minimum goal from that point onward.

Our season this year in reality is Hibs at home in the Cup and I would take that opportunity all day every day.

If we lose then crowds will drop but that is football.

I would rather we win and crowds are retained and we start looking forward as a support and ditch this next 5 games mentality that invades a more sensible longer term strategy. 

It appears that a few youngsters may end up as first team players within the next couple of years that along with a few quality signings and our win ratio will significantly increase.

Support the Board and the Manager constant improvement year on year and review in 3 years would appear to be a more reasonable approach.

2 minutes ago, jambo2524 said:

Craig  has improved the same squad of players no doubt about that at all. 

Points taken, will be what they will be Top 6 is our goal this year and with a couple of very good signings and a couple of departures Top 6 should be achievable.

After the summer 18  transfer window will be the more defining timescale for improvement and European football must be our minimum goal from that point onward.

Our season this year in reality is Hibs at home in the Cup and I would take that opportunity all day every day.

If we lose then crowds will drop but that is football.

I would rather we win and crowds are retained and we start looking forward as a support and ditch this next 5 games mentality that invades a more sensible longer term strategy. 

It appears that a few youngsters may end up as first team players within the next couple of years that along with a few quality signings and our win ratio will significantly increase.

Support the Board and the Manager constant improvement year on year and review in 3 years would appear to be a more reasonable approach.

So is Levein's grand 5 year plan now scrapped in favour of a new 3 year plan??

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The Cathro mess was the board’s mess. Craig would be reccomending him and Ann and the board clearly supported that. Similarly, Craig’s current tenure is the board’s decision.  So the accountabiliy is wider. 

Dave - Cathro was a risk laden experiment undoubtedly sponsored by Levein. Budge and the Board, of which Levein is a constituent part, evidently agreed. 

Surely there is little doubt that Budge has asked Levein to sort out a mess that she considers him instrumental in creating 

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Dave - Cathro was a risk laden experiment undoubtedly sponsored by Levein. Budge and the Board, of which Levein is a constituent part, evidently agreed. 

Surely there is little doubt that Budge has asked Levein to sort out a mess that she considers him instrumental in creating 

Not sure on your overall context re mess sorting but I do feel that Levein is a reluctant manager, going by his body language. Just my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure on your overall context re mess sorting but I do feel that Levein is a reluctant manager, going by his body language. Just my opinion. 

Looks that way to me too 

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No point in try to dilute responsibility Dave. The only ones with the power are Budge and Levein.  Levein solely promoted Cathro for the job in his role of Director of Football, and Budge rubber stamped it as she relies on his football opinions 100%.

In any business you would normally look at a 5 year plan which on the coaching and youth development side appears to be working.

The 3 year plan is on the football side first team matters only.

As with any three year plan,subject to ongoing review monthly/quarterly etc.

The critical point for me,and this is only my opinion,is that if you believe in the person now in charge then you give them the support to achieve.

I have no doubt that the Board support CL and on that basis he has my support.

I have followed Hearts through times which make the current season look like a raging success so patience it is for me. Gradual progress and 

European football on a regular basis and good Cup runs,with decent luck of the draw are realistic goals within that 3year timescale.

49 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

It will be very interesting to see who if any signings he makes in January and if he is able to move existing players on to allow this to happen.

As things stand at the moment I believe Ann Budge will no doubt back him as much as she can financially but I fear he doesn't have the desire for it anymore. Our problem could be by the time the transfer window opens in January we could be firmly entrenched in the bottom six.

If this is the case then does she allow him to continue and bring in players but then if she scaks him then she is left with Daly, Fox and McPhee who have all been party to the state we are in at the moment.

Perhaps that is part of the problem that Levein relies too much on his coaches to work with the players during the week and he only comes in for a couple of days to discuss tactics.

Maybe he should be working with them every day in training rather than his part - time basis at the moment.

Regarding midfield I would remind you that Malinkovic and Callachan  were both Levein signings and are hardly making us much better.

I'm willing to give him a chance based on signings Berra, Lafferty, Goncalves, Sow, Juanma (up until he got cold at Xmas), Kitchen.  Some signings have been poor, Stockton I will give the benefit of the doubt to.  Bringing young lads in will take time but he has given them a chance and that is the model I have wanted Hearts to use since Jefferies spunked the SMG money on huddies.

We've improved slightly but lose too many stupid goals - Dundee x 2 away, Partick last weekend, which I thought wouldn't happen with Berra back in there and Levein marshalling them.

I've written this part of the season off.  Hopefully January and the Winter Break changes our fortunes.  The only thing Levein is really guilty of is giving Cathro pre-season.  He should have been politely asked to clear his desk last May.

1 minute ago, jambo2524 said:

In any business you would normally look at a 5 year plan which on the coaching and youth development side appears to be working.

The 3 year plan is on the football side first team matters only.

As with any three year plan,subject to ongoing review monthly/quarterly etc.

The critical point for me,and this is only my opinion,is that if you believe in the person now in charge then you give them the support to achieve.

I have no doubt that the Board support CL and on that basis he has my support.

I have followed Hearts through times which make the current season look like a raging success so patience it is for me. Gradual progress and 

European football on a regular basis and good Cup runs,with decent luck of the draw are realistic goals within that 3year timescale.

Since you are talking about plans my experience of them is that you have targets not just for the end of the year but at vaious points throughout.

Regular reviews will show up where things are not being achieved and if this is happening all too regularly then either the plan needs adjusting or the person carrying it out is failing.

Failing too often results in warnings and the ultimate dismissal.

18 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

I'm willing to give him a chance based on signings Berra, Lafferty, Goncalves, Sow, Juanma (up until he got cold at Xmas), Kitchen.  Some signings have been poor, Stockton I will give the benefit of the doubt to.  Bringing young lads in will take time but he has given them a chance and that is the model I have wanted Hearts to use since Jefferies spunked the SMG money on huddies.

We've improved slightly but lose too many stupid goals - Dundee x 2 away, Partick last weekend, which I thought wouldn't happen with Berra back in there and Levein marshalling them.

I've written this part of the season off.  Hopefully January and the Winter Break changes our fortunes.  The only thing Levein is really guilty of is giving Cathro pre-season.  He should have been politely asked to clear his desk last May.

Think you will remember that Niemi was one of these "huddies" Walter.

Also to be fair to JJ, the big money we got for his signings of Niemi, Cameron, Naysmith, Weir and McCann, more than off set the likes of Petric.

As for Stockton, now that guy is a huddie - can't jump, no pace, no ball control - basically Sammon with hair.  He is so poor that he has only been getting 10 minute cameo roles!

Just now, Thomaso said:

As for Stockton, now that guy is a huddie - can't jump, no pace, no ball control - basically Sammon with hair.  He is so poor that he has only been getting 10 minute cameo roles!

Petric and Simpson.  As bad if not worse than Andy Watson who pound for pound is the worst player I have ever had the misfortune to cast eyes on in a maroon jumper.  Niemi was different gravy though.

2 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Petric and Simpson.  As bad if not worse than Andy Watson who pound for pound is the worst player I have ever had the misfortune to cast eyes on in a maroon jumper.  Niemi was different gravy though.

As I said Walter........Neimi, McCann, Weir, Cameron, Naysmith were all JJ signings and made us big money.   One or two were very poor but I tend to remember Adam, Flogel, Bruno, Fulton, Salvatore, etc.

Just now, Thomaso said:

As I said Walter........Neimi, McCann, Weir, Cameron, Naysmith were all JJ signings and made us big money.   One or two were very poor but I tend to remember Adam, Flogel, Bruno, Fulton, Salvatore, etc.

Pre SMG money pal.  Not denying Jefferies built an extremely good team 96-98.  He lost the plot thereafter.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Also to be fair to JJ, the big money we got for his signings of Niemi, Cameron, Naysmith, Weir and McCann, more than off set the likes of Petric.

Again, Poor Cathro signing.

We have no one else. Cathro, which I agree CL needs to take some responsibility for was the mistake and as WB says, in hindsight should have been sacked before the summer. Thankfully, Isma, Souttar, Lafferty, Berra and Smith were decent signings, We need a few more good signings, that we all agree on.

Compare the team in a year or two to 98.

before 98 we has a few dire years of 5th-8th place finishes, just avoiding relegation. we steadily improved from 96 onwards, but that improvement taken 2/3 years after 3 years or so of being really poor.

We also spent £500k on a single player, so the comparison isn't great.

No reason going forward we cannot build a 98' type team, I actually think we will over the next 1-2 years, sacking managers every 4 months isn't the way forward.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Again, if that's the case CL also gets credit for the first two seasons- 1st and 3rd.

You cannot blame him for Cathro and at the same  not give him credit for the first two seasons.

Too many CL haters choosing what he is to blame while not applying the same to the good things under his tenure.

I personally give Robbie credit for the first two years and Cathro the blame for last season.

CL's mistake was not sacking Cathro at the end of last season and maybe not doing more to keep Robbie.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It will be very interesting to see who if any signings he makes in January and if he is able to move existing players on to allow this to happen.

As things stand at the moment I believe Ann Budge will no doubt back him as much as she can financially but I fear he doesn't have the desire for it anymore. Our problem could be by the time the transfer window opens in January we could be firmly entrenched in the bottom six.

If this is the case then does she allow him to continue and bring in players but then if she scaks him then she is left with Daly, Fox and McPhee who have all been party to the state we are in at the moment.

Perhaps that is part of the problem that Levein relies too much on his coaches to work with the players during the week and he only comes in for a couple of days to discuss tactics.

Maybe he should be working with them every day in training rather than his part - time basis at the moment.

Regarding midfield I would remind you that Malinkovic and Callachan  were both Levein signings and are hardly making us much better.

They were a little rushed, perhaps.

Callachan has had some good games and same bad games, I'm not writing him off already. He's also far better than Randall and Grizliek in midfield, so I am glad he signed both of these giving the options that Cathro left.

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I hope you're joking!! 

Or you literally have no self awareness

4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Again, if that's the case CL also gets credit for the first two seasons- 1st and 3rd.

You cannot blame him for Cathro and at the same  not give him credit for the first two seasons.

Too many CL haters choosing what he is to blame while not applying the same to the good things under his tenure.

I personally give Robbie credit for the first two years and Cathro the blame for last season.

CL's mistake was not sacking Cathro at the end of last season and maybe not doing more to keep Robbie.

Of course he gets credit for promotion and he had it in spades.  Rightly so. Tremendous achievement 

A promoted Hearts side finishing 3rd in a league with no Hibs or Rangers. Great achievement? I'm not so sure.

I know you are a big Robbie man Tosh. But the slide commenced under his watch not Cathro 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Des Lynam said:

I hope you're joking!! 

Or you literally have no self awareness

I do rarely fire the first shot.

I am quite aware of having a personal dig at someone- I don't like it, but once I have been attacked, I do like the jibber- jabber, once someone else starts their pish.

On the other CL thread some numpty has accused me of being a hibs fan quoting a post from 1st Nov. Pretty "stalky" stuff tbh.

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

I do rarely fire the first shot.

I am quite aware of having a personal dig at someone- I don't like it, but once I have been attacked, I do like the jibber- jabber, once someone else starts their pish.

On the other CL thread some numpty has accused me of being a hibs fan quoting a post from 1st Nov. Pretty "stalky" stuff tbh.

You are an absolute shit stirrer on here but it's all good fun. 

Personal attacks on an anonymous forum?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Des Lynam said:

You are an absolute shit stirrer on here but it's all good fun. 

Personal attacks on an anonymous forum?

folk calling me a hibs is a personal attack on my good character. 

several folk, including your good self go down that route once I have bested you in verbal combat, that's when I get a bit etchy back.

Think I was a bit of a dick with BB after the last hibs game, I take the blame for that.

All is fair in love and war, but  if someone called me a hibs ***** to my face, it would .... interesting.:thumbsup:

Central Belt 1874
3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Of course he gets credit for promotion and he had it in spades.  Rightly so. Tremendous achievement 

A promoted Hearts side finishing 3rd in a league with no Hibs or Rangers. Great achievement? I'm not so sure.

I know you are a big Robbie man Tosh. But the slide commenced under his watch not Cathro 

I agree, it began to go downhill in that summer transfer window. If you believe Robbie, it was his signings. He then walked out on us, months after being given a new contract. 

Our (the fans) expectations changed that summer, but it was full steam ahead with the new stand and Budge and Leveins initial 5 year plan was not adapted.

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

folk calling me a hibs is a personal attack on my good character. 

several folk, including your good self go down that route once I have bested you in verbal combat, that's when I get a bit etchy back.

Think I was a bit of a dick with BB after the last hibs game, I take the blame for that.

All is fair in love and war, but  if someone called me a hibs ***** to my face, it would .... interesting.:thumbsup:

Hahaha!! You only best people in your own mind. You get the reaction you look for. I was barely on this forum five minutes and you were telling me you wanted hibs to win the cup. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

The only reason there were no Hibs or Rangers Is that we kept them down, the damn right stupidity of the " there was no rangers or hibs" is hilarious, maybe we should have stayed down and let them up first?

Nothing backs this up, in fact we were actually still improving as proven by the league position when he left.

Funnily enough my Aberdeen mate when out in Liverpool on Thursday said we've finished 2nd or 3rd if he'd stayed, I was arguing his team would have still been 2nd and we'd likely have been 3rd at best still but wouldn't have dropped to 5th  we ended up arguing opposite views, it was a bit trippy as we usually just rip the pish out of each other teams.

Anyway, the past is the past, you and others got your way, Robbie left.:thumbsup:

Archived