**Official Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread**

Psychedelicropcircle

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walker putting in a great shift for me and looks very interested getting stuck in. but that goal was shocking. Grzelak is a bomb scare and less said about our keepers performance the better. Get Randall and Grzelak hooked at half time, and I'd be tempted to look at Stockton for Isma

What an awful first half!!!

McLaughlin 0 - Dreadful and I don't just mean his screw up for the goal.

Smith 4 - Not at the races, couple with some eccentric decision making.

Grzelak 5 - Poor

Berra 6 - Not at his best

Hughes 6 - ok

Souttar 7 - Best of a poor bunch. Great headed clearance from McLaughlin's second screw up

Callachan 6 - working hard, but nothing coming off for him.

Randall 5 - Much better at wing back

Cowie 5 - we are so much poorer when he plays

Walker 6 - Can't fault his effort.

Goncalves 6 - Nothing coming off for him.

It clearly isn't working first half. I'd be tempted to take off Smith and bring on Milinkovic with Randall going to RB. Maybe Stockton for Cowie as well.

Prince is a must for the second half.

been here before

Pretty uninspiring half. Not convinced by McLauchlin at all. Let the ball go right through him for the goal. His distributiin is slow and predictable.

Souters's had a good game so far culminating in a goal line clearance just short of halftime.

Cowies huffed and puffed, Walker... not too sure he's up for this. Callachan is a right nippy player, he'll pick up a few bookings this year and if he was playing for any other team he'd be the player you'd love to hate.

Isma is as good as playing with a man short. Every move thats went through him so far has broken down. Every pass he's received he's given away. If he was half the player he seems to think he is then he'd be twice the player he really is.

Nothing in midfield, no winning, let alone challenging for 2nd ball and playing a bit too deep.

Great atmosphere just prior to kick off has fair died off now.

We actually played some ok stuff at times prior to going behind. Since then as Thistle have gotten on top, we've resorted to long ball to Isma against three massive centre halves.

Keeper a bit unlucky with the goal, ball on the deck between his legs.

Can't come to terms with this formation at all and it's not working.

Randall totally lost again and needs to come off. Milinkovic would probably help.

Still in this.

Getting bullied in the middle, Isma taking the wrong options we need a rocket or we'll continue to lose out.

The Ref having a mare doesn't help.

No surprise.

Wtf is it about Isma? It's seems a big weakness of his that he just doesn't play the right ball alot of the time.

If he doesn't shape up in the coming months it won't be tolerated by CL. People like to laud his goals(which is obviously what he's here for) but teams only improve when players become more thorough and efficient.

Use the players around you better and we might tuck away more goals than just his own.

Belief is key here. This team is yet to go a goal behind and come back so I?m not surprised heads have gone down. Rocket up the arse required.

No surprise.

Wtf is it about Isma? It's seems a big weakness of his that he just doesn't play the right ball alot of the time.

If he doesn't shape up in the coming months it won't be tolerated by CL. People like to laud his goals(which is obviously what he's here for) but teams only improve when players become more thorough and efficient.

Use the players around you better and we might tuck away more goals than just his own.

If Isma had the mentality to go with his ability he wouldn't be at hearts.

Their goal (stream cut out before could get the build up play, but shocking defending)

giphy.gif

Jack should be back in next week imo. Can't keep his place shipping goals like that.

kila, on 23 Sept 2017 - 5:04 PM, said:

Their goal (stream cut out before could get the build up play, but shocking defending)

giphy.gif

jeezzzzz

giphy.gif

That's worse than any Hamilton 'howler'

Jack should be back in next week imo. Can't keep his place shipping goals like that.

Shocking goal to concede but I wouldn't go dropping him on the back of one mistake.

Shocking goal to concede but I wouldn't go dropping him on the back of one mistake.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

That's abysmal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Come on to **** Hearts. This team played 120mins in midweek yet seem to have more energy.

As I type that Walker with decent shot.

We either stick with him or we don't.

You can't just drop a keeper every time they make a ***** of it.

It's the one position on the park where you really have to keep faith with whoever is in goals and accept the odd mistake will happen.

Unless they are consistently poor of course.

All roads lead to Gorgie

giphy.gif

:phface: 

Walkers accuracy seems so poor this season, never hits the target

Were you at the Aberdeen game? He could have scored a hatrick.

3rd goal at in cup replay @ fester no?

Thankfully was working so missed that and barely remember it...hardly cost us the game though.

Archived