**Official Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread**

Psychedelicropcircle

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will take a point given the apparent quality of the performance. Need to play for more than the first 10 and last 10 minutes.

Correct! That's a point won out of nothing when it looked a certainty we were walking away with nothing.

alicante jambo

4 points out of 6 in the last couple of away games is a shiteload better than before but plenty improvement needed.

Well said

That was dismal performance where we created next to nothing. Hard to tell from the TV pictures but not convinced the Hearts goal was over the line. Great result to get a point out of the game considering how things went. 

Big improvement needed going forward. 

An away draw against a team in the same division is never a bad result

Win the vast majority of our home games and take at least a point in the majority in our away games and we will probably finish top 3

ahh well 1 point better than nowt.disappointing not to beat that shower though

Doesn't sound a brilliant performance, but we got a point and had to come back to get at least that. Too many away games over the last couple of years we have gone behind early and then sleep walked to defeat. This shows improvement and resilience, room for more improvement mind

Really could have used Lafferty today -- Isma was just too small to stand up against their lumbering CHs. 

Entertaining game nonetheless. Some seriously poor performances, including two bad errors from McLaughlin, an oafish performance from Grzelak, and an off day from Berra. Randall improved a bit in the second half.

Souttar MotM for me with honorable mention to Milinkovic for a bit of urgency and quality that salvaged the game and Callachan who never stopped working and was the best player in the middle of the field.

Francis Albert

BBC on top form again:

Posted at90 mins

ADDED TIME

Partick Thistle 1-1 Hearts

Five minutes of added time at Firhill. Can either side find a late, late equaliser?

:rofl:

Expecting a 4-4 type finish maybe?

Also, a draw away is never a bad result, and this Partick team isn't markedly different than last year's top six side. Before we gifted them a goal it looked like a win was a possibility but at this stage in our season this is just fine.

That was dismal performance where we created next to nothing. Hard to tell from the TV pictures but not convinced the Hearts goal was over the line. Great result to get a point out of the game considering how things went. 

Big improvement needed going forward.

If the referee gave the goal, then it?s a goal...end of debate

Goncalves has been terrible from start to finish.

Over the coming months I hope a stricter regime under CL highlights the weak , we engrain a tenacity and level of play that becomes 2nd nature in which the opposition fear.

I still think we have mentally weak players, or too many, but some can respond to a strong manager while other times you can't give players fight and desire. It's mostly a natural attribute.

There's also one or two who don't have the quality in possession when we are under pressure and need to negate the oppositions push. Collectively as a team it needs to improve too.

Much for CL to remedy but early signs are encouraging as we've responded in the last two weeks away from home under difficult and different scenarios.

A sign we are showing a bit more guts even if not playing well.

When I saw this run of four away games, I thought that if we could get 7 points we'd be doing well.

One win needed from the next two games isn't beyond us and would equal the total wins from all of last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detonate rocket from Levein at HT better performance in what could have an embarrassing loss due to GK errors. These are not the games we should lose and we didn't.

Celtic were lucky to get away from Partick with a 1-0 win.

Even then partick should have had a penalty at the end.

It's a tough place to go.

We can play a lot better than today but Partick have a lot of dig in them.

Mistakes have cost us the win today.

It's still very early days for Levein and the team. Under Cathro and Neilson we would have lost today.

There is much building still to be done.

I think a few people might underestimate how much we miss Djoum in the middle but more so than that we definitely miss Lafferty. Isma isn't a lone forward and he hasn't got any real hold up play in him.

Phew, I'm spent! That was sapping to say the least.

:-)

:2thumbsup:

You should add that wee phrase to your signature line.

Not going to complain about this result. Normally when teams are struggling for a win we hand them it, but good fightback shown today. Did the currant buns not just draw there?

Had to check I hadn't stumbled on a Dundee FC or Hamilton Accies fans forum. Folk think a point at Patrick is a good thing?

we nearly got gubbed mate.thats worse

Solid save by McLaughlin. Bit of redemption.

Other end was never a penalty. Defender had the ball a good second before the contact.

I thought a penalty due to the hand ball.

Bazzas right boot

Getting harder to beat.

Good stuff.

Still lacking a bit creativity, nae sae good.

Piont away from home. Quite gid.

Had to check I hadn't stumbled on a Dundee FC or Hamilton Accies fans forum. Folk think a point at Patrick is a good thing?

It's one point gooder thing than nae points

Not happy with a point at Partick, I don't think we should be. However, what I am pleased about is the apparent progress we're making. As under Cathro as soon as we went a goal behind it was game over. Good to see we showed a bit character. Still work to be done!

We won't win many away games with that lineup. Ultra cautious but I genuinely believe due to Levein's reticence over the quality or fitness of his options rather than a negativity. I don't think he felt the Serb is yet ready to start and I don't think he rates Stockton at all. With Djoum and Lafferty out we are very limited in an attacking sense, something I think he'll remedy asap be it through a free agent or in January. We definitely can't afford to start many games with both Cowie and Randall that's for sure. I also hope we've seen the last of Grzelak for a while who appears a liability and is an incredibly limited footballer. The Serb should be in the lineup at Dens.

Getting harder to beat.

Good stuff.

Still lacking a bit creativity, nae sae good.

Piont away from home. Quite gid.

your scottish language seems random

Son Of Anarchy

We won't win many away games with that lineup. Ultra cautious but I genuinely believe due to Levein's reticence over the quality or fitness of his options rather than a negativity. I don't think he felt the Serb is yet ready to start and I don't think he rates Stockton at all. With Djoum and Lafferty out we are very limited in an attacking sense, something I think he'll remedy asap be it through a free agent or in January. We definitely can't afford to start many games with both Cowie and Randall that's for sure. I also hope we've seen the last of Grzelak for a while who appears a liability and is an incredibly limited footballer. The Serb should be in the lineup at Dens.

Are you Croatian or just struggle saying Milinkovic? ;)

Are you Croatian or just struggle saying Milinkovic? ;)

Lol. Wasn't sure of spelling! Liked his cameo today, time to see more of him. We desperately need the type of creativity and ability he showed. Quick thinking, sharp play to take the corner and a great whipped cross. Something we had failed to do all day!

In time I hope our approach to away matches changes.

CL was reasonably good in his first spell away from home and I'm confident that'll come again longer term.

Attitude is everything but at the moment we still start cagey for a number of reasons. I think there's still too much apprehension in our approach and we don't want to be more open for the fear of conceding early. While it can work to your benefit like we saw at Hamilton, it can be as nullifying as w saw today.

It's hard to find a cohesive level when you don't intend to start that way and you fall behind in a game.

I've said it for long enough that I don't see what we have to fear in Scottish Football? Hearts were always a target or feared because largely we went anywhere to take the game to teams.

While you still need the players to do that, breeding the mentality to do so is vital also. I hope in time we return to this .

Archived