**Official Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread**

Psychedelicropcircle

Have you watched us play away games for the past few years? We hardly win or draw any.

Correct.

Probably because we have the attitude of a draw at Partick is good.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really think that's the main reason? :)

No, but there is no real hurt from any of management or players (past and present on both b4 someone makes up stories) or even some of the fans when we drop points at places like Partick/Killie/Ross C etc.

There is a lack of a winning mentality at the club......but that is okay because we have not been great away from home so let's not try and change that.

I originally thought that 4 points was the realistic outcome from games against Partick, Dundee and Ross County, I stand by that prediction now

It's not gonna be pretty but I fully expect us to be going on a winning run after these three games

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Gambo

On 3 games so far under Levein we have

1. Outplayed by far the 2nd best team in the league

2. Outbattled and beaten a team away from home

that has nearly always out battled us at their patch.

3. Come back from an horrendous goalie mistake away from home to score a late equaliser despite not playing our best and having our best striker injured

GIVE THE GUY A ******* BREAK FFS

1. Outplayed them ? What was the score ? Tell you what. Had we shown more ambition, less fear and less conservatism, we'd have won that game in a canter

2. Okay fair enough but it was Hamilton FFS. We should be beating Hamilton 4 out of 5 times home or away. The 1 time allows for the odd blip.

3. We were honking for 70 of the 90 minutes yesterday. We started well and we had a good period around the time we scored. Other than that we weren't at the races and could have lost  by  2 or 3.

I know you don't/can't get to games mate but you need to stop just looking at stats and results to assess the well being of the team. Our performance level remains poor. Thats going to bite us several times this season. Picking up draws from very winnable games. Thats going to stop us getting a European place IMO

Yesterday was a good result. Partick finished top 6 last season. They gave Celtic a real fright, drew with Rangers over 90 minutes twice last week and also lost narrowly to Aberdeen. They have a pretty good Scottish Premiership team and are very much in a false position.

It's baby steps in our post Cathro recovery, but a draw away to this Thistle side is far from a bad result.

In this league a draw at Partick is not a good result. Even Craig Levein agrees with that. Ok we have commitment and effort but as Levein says no style or method to our play. When you've watched football as long as i have you'd know we have to attack teams like Partick and put them under pressure right from the first whistle. With playing poor Isma up front on his own with no wingers or fellow striker we handed Partick the message that we are going to play safe and on the backfoot. Hearts need a system of play that not only excites our support but gives our players the confidence to go out and bury teams like Partick, Hamilton, Ross County ect. Levein knows this and is working towards Hearts taking this league by the throat. We will need to be patient and support what Levein is trying to do but lets not kid ourselfs on about our latest performances. Levein will be honest so lets copy him with our views on the games we attend.

1. Outplayed them ? What was the score ? Tell you what. Had we shown more ambition, less fear and less conservatism, we'd have won that game in a canter

2. Okay fair enough but it was Hamilton FFS. We should be beating Hamilton 4 out of 5 times home or away. The 1 time allows for the odd blip.

3. We were honking for 70 of the 90 minutes yesterday. We started well and we had a good period around the time we scored. Other than that we weren't at the races and could have lost by 2 or 3.

I know you don't/can't get to games mate but you need to stop just looking at stats and results to assess the well being of the team. Our performance level remains poor. Thats going to bite us several times this season. Picking up draws from very winnable games. Thats going to stop us getting a European place IMO

I was at Aberdeen and Partick.

We completely dominated Aberdeen. If you were there, you would know that. It's completely undeniable.

Partick was a tough game. I'd have preferred a win, but it was by no means a bad result. They are well organised and stuffy as feck.

What about Dundee?

Can we expect to win/not win there?

There's 5 of us going and i hope to god we have a real go at them.

Think we could have come away with all 3 points if we had approached that game differently, but in the end it hopefully acts as a good learning point. We have never been able to play with one man up front since Kevin Kyle dropped out of the team, and it again showed very prominently today. We should have started as we did last weekend, with two up front, and looked to build a lead and force them to open up, opening up the game as well. In addition, we now know who should be playing in the left back position, and it most certainly isn't Grzelak, at best he is a back up squad player. Even late on we ended up having to take Jamie out of his midfield role and put him up front as we went more offensive. Ended up with 1 point, which is all we deserved come the end of the match, but we won't be the only team who will drop points through there. Put what we learned yesterday into force next week at Dundee, and we will hopefully get back on track.

I think had Lafferty been healthy him as a solo striker would have worked just fine.

Gambo - your're moaning about the result as part of an attack on Levein.

You might not have mentioned him by name but you are as subtle as a mallet.

rudi must stay

A draw at Patrick Thistle should never be looked upon as a good result for any Heart of Midlothian fan, never.

It happens, yes, like it did yesterday as that is football but should never be classed as a good point.

It's a good point right now. Cathro would have lost that game

If we were flying at the top of the league within touching distance of Celtic it would have been a bad point

As a basis upon which we are trying to do what we can get as many points together as possible before a long run of home games 3 games into a manager change it isn't a bad change.

Folk going on about all these endless away games we should be winning are part of the reason we are where we are....

I have not said one bad word against Levein since his appointment.

You have actually been very positive and complimentary about CL since he took over, lets be fair here.

I think this is replying to the (perceived) poster rather than the post.

Gambo - your're moaning about the result as part of an attack on Levein.

You might not have mentioned him by name but you are as subtle as a mallet.

What a pile of pish you talk.

I said like MANY OTHERS that a point away to Patrick Thistle, no matter who is in charge, should never be looked upon as a good result. I have said the same when JJ/PS/GL/JMcG/CL etc have been in charge.

Only you have made it about Levein.

What a pile of pish you talk.

I said like MANY OTHERS that a point away to Patrick Thistle, no matter who is in charge, should never be looked upon as a good result. I have said the same when JJ/PS/GL/JMcG/CL etc have been in charge.

Only you have made it about Levein.

Yes Gambo you are right to have a go at the performance, result ect. If anyone knows Craig Levein they'll know he isn't happy with drawing with any team home or away. No fan of Hearts should be happy with a draw. All our fans need to get a winning mentality just like the management and players. Fans on here shouldn't be so aggressive against posts that criticize the team, team selection or tactics as football is all about opinions. Ok i've had the odd wee go at someone but i admit i shouldn't. When Levein gets slated for what someone may think was wrong he should face criticism why not he's a big lad now and believe me he can handle it.

What about Dundee?

Can we expect to win/not win there?

No easy games etc etc.......

I think there's a difference between expectations and taking things for granted.  I'm going up to Dundee and I'm not doing it because I'm expecting to lose.  If we play well and have a go I expect us to win.

Bazzas right boot

Have you watched us play away games for the past few years? We hardly win or draw any.

By that , do you mean post war with maybe 3/4 exceptions?

Let's remember we are playing all these games away one after another, must be hard for the players with no home game to break things up.

No easy games etc etc.......

I think there's a difference between expectations and taking things for granted.  I'm going up to Dundee and I'm not doing it because I'm expecting to lose.  If we play well and have a go I expect us to win.

aye, I don't think we'll be training and preparing this week towards a draw.

But hold yer horses, Dundee just got an away draw so are on form. We can't expect to be good enough to beat them.

Archived