**Official Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread**

Psychedelicropcircle

Spencer, on 23 Sept 2017 - 4:33 PM, said:

Is this place still a wankfest zone or are we shite yet and Big Craig oot?

All of that :tiny:

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

Need far far more from Jamie Walker. Should be at the stage where he is a stand out in games like this.

Commentary saying that when Isma goes wide Cowie and Callachan are the only players forward to support. Where is Jamie?

I'm comforted by the fact we have potential to change things using the bench.

A few weeks ago I would have been worried that this was the best we could muster.

Who would you be using off the bench?  I think our options are very limited in an attacking sense though I hope the Serb may get some decent time to make an impact.

Need far far more from Jamie Walker. Should be at the stage where he is a stand out in games like this.

Never has and never will I'm afraid. And therein lies the problem and the overhype

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Just listening to radio but surely we need to be thinking of changes at ht. Smith-Brown for Grzelak and Milinkovic for Randal maybe?

Absolutely this.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Who would you be using off the bench?  I think our options are very limited in an attacking sense though I hope the Serb may get some decent time to make an impact.

We just don't seem to have forwards who can score regularly in the Premiership, and haven't had them for some time.

King Of The Cat Cafe

His uncle's doing my house up. He seems a real prospect

What position does the uncle play?  Is he available on a free?

I think we are always going to struggle playing Callachan, Cowie and Randall with only one striker especially when Walker has been anonymous again. We simply don't have enough attacking threat. CL needs to change this at half time. I'd like to see the Serb on at half time.

Id want more than potential to let someone do up my house. Has he completed an apprenticeship?

The problem we have when we go behind in games like this is the amount of defensive minded players we have on the pitch!!

I'm hoping presuming we get to half time that we will change it up and get milinkovic on and take one of the 3 central defenders off. We need to create more and won't do it with 5 defenders on the park

Callum or his uncle?  Do you have picture of his work so far?

scott herbertson

What position does the uncle play?  Is he available on a free?

He plays contract manager

He could probably kick a few asses for us

manaliveits105

Why do the BBC send that twat Stewart to commentate on Hearts apart from his spat with CL of course which they had a wee snigger about earlier on sportsound He revels in slagging Hearts off and praising whoever they play

He can feck right off

Diadora Van Basten

Stockton and Milinkovic on at HT?

It was obvious from the start that Cowie was not the correct replacement for Lafferty.

The problem we have when we go behind in games like this is the amount of defensive minded players we have on the pitch!!

I'm hoping presuming we get to half time that we will change it up and get milinkovic on and take one of the 3 central defenders off. We need to create more and won't do it with 5 defenders on the park

Agreed. We really need to get Milinkovic on for Randall. Spittal having a great game. We need to neutralise him.

Typical Hearts performance against a struggling team. Thistle can't buy a win then we play them and manage to make them look like world beaters. 

Who would you be using off the bench? I think our options are very limited in an attacking sense though I hope the Serb may get some decent time to make an impact.

Smith-Brown on for Grzelak. He's a solid enough defender but he's much quicker and will help us get behind Partick defence.

I think with that done I would take Randall off and Stockton on pushed up next to Isma who isn't a lone striker.

Milinkovic for Walker if there's still no improvement.

First 15-20 minutes we were ok. The last 25 have been absolutely woeful and we are lucky to only be 1-0 down. In attacking sense we have been abysmal, the Patrick keeper could have had a kip in his net. Jamie Walker needs to give himself a shake, totally disinterested. The midfield is way too slow and defensive minded and there should be a couple of changes at half time.

No shame in dropping a goal to a side with Storey and Spital in the attack, aside from the obvious howler. 1-0 is the deserved scoreline considering the clearance off the line.

What's supremely disappointing is our inability to put more pressure on a very dodgy Partick defense. Cowie is doing his usual hard but often ineffective work. Randall is anonymous. Walker is playing in bursts.

Last 15 minutes we completely lost the midfield after bossing it the first 15. Changes at the half please CL.

First 15-20 minutes we were ok. The last 25 have been absolutely woeful and we are lucky to only be 1-0 down. In attacking sense we have been abysmal, the Patrick keeper could have had a kip in his net. Jamie Walker needs to give himself a shake, totally disinterested. The midfield is way too slow and defensive minded and there should be a couple of changes at half time.

Thought we had seen the back of this type of performance for a while.

Levein better go through them at half time.

Getting bullied in the middle, Isma taking the wrong options we need a rocket or we'll continue to lose out.

The Ref having a mare doesn't help.

Started the game better...all changed since the goal. Although blame will go to the keeper (as it should) the defence hung him out to dry by backing off and backing off. The only small justification you can give the keeper is that he was expecting a drive into the corner and got caught. Poor keeping though. Since then all Patrick. We have been reduced to high long balls which Jamie and Isma can't get near...need some width for the 2nd half. Thistle showing plenty energy, can they keep it up after playing 120mins midweek.

Jambof3tornado

Hopefully smith-brown on for grizzly.

Isma has seen nothing stick to him.

Walker anonymous but not the worst, I just expect him to create chances.

What an awful first half!!!

McLaughlin 0 - Dreadful and I don't just mean his screw up for the goal.

Smith 4 - Not at the races, couple with some eccentric decision making.

Grzelak 5 - Poor

Berra 6 - Not at his best

Hughes 6 - ok

Souttar 7 - Best of a poor bunch. Great headed clearance from McLaughlin's second screw up

Callachan 6 - working hard, but nothing coming off for him.

Randall 5 - Much better at wing back

Cowie 5 - we are so much poorer when he plays

Walker 6 - Can't fault his effort.

Goncalves 6 - Nothing coming off for him.

It clearly isn't working first half. I'd be tempted to take off Smith and bring on Milinkovic with Randall going to RB. Maybe Stockton for Cowie as well.

Archived