Chant about Lukaku's Manhood Deemed Racist

BigC

Spurs sing about Jan Vertonghen' length.

Racist too?

Probably not, we're only talking about racism here because Lukaku is black, it appears.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! I take your point, but I've tried to comment on the article rather than the source. Equally I would try to be objective with an article from the Sun, Record etc - play the ball rather than the man, if you like.

To give an example of a white player who attracted similar supporter banter, there were frequent references to the size of Trevor Putney's appendage in Middlesbrough football fanzines.

In the non-football world, I have often seen the relative sizes of MPs Jack Straw and Stephen Pound joked about in satirical articles. Both men are white. Possibly just as well with Straw.

What I'm trying to say is that MUFC fans might be playing on a stereotype, but equally Lukaku might genuinely have a big one. Without personally knowing, I can't make a judgement, so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think the chances are more in favour of the United fans being right than wrong. If he was white I'd be saying the same thing.

It's not the first time Kick It Out have got over zealous with their accusations. As long as there's an audience to pander to their pish they'll continue to throw around unmitigated claims of racial discrimination and in doing so, allow the real racism to go unnoticed.

Thing is when does stereotype become harmful? Also what if said stereotype is based pretty much in truth for that said group?

So Scots are more likely to be alchis than Italians whether you like it or not.

The aborigines could never have produced an Einstein never mind 100 plus nobel science laureates whether you like it or not. They had no agriculture or written language and are eons evolutionary wise behind Ashkenazi Jews.

West African will be faster than east Africans and east Africans will have longer endurance capacity.

Average Aghans will be more rapey than your average Austrian.

Lukaku will have a bigger wanger than your average Japanese man.

Who decides what is offensive and who decides that observable and testable truths are verboten?

Oh, and here's some 18yr olds on their first day in university trying to cancel the teaching of the most significant philosophers in world history who laid the foundations for our pinnacle of existence - western civilisation. cos it must be wacist.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/two-cheers-for-reed-college/20318#.WcF8L3PTUwg

Bazzas right boot

The folk who are moaning about this being racist stereotyping are actually the ones who are bringing attention to this being racist stereotyping !!!

It is them that are are doing the racist stereotyping !!

Yip, and real racist actions get diluted because of shit like this.

Bazzas right boot

Kanu was the same, had to wear cycling shorts underneath his shorts to stop it swinging around and battering his thighs.

Kanu was the same, had to wear cycling shorts underneath his shorts to stop it swinging around and battering his thighs.

Cut his legs off at the knee and call him tripod yeah?

Thing is when does stereotype become harmful? Also what if said stereotype is based pretty much in truth for that said group?

The aborigines could never have produced an Einstein never mind 100 plus nobel science laureates whether you like it or not. They had no agriculture or written language and are eons evolutionary wise behind Ashkenazi Jews.

West African will be faster than east Africans and east Africans will have longer endurance capacity.

Who decides what is offensive and who decides that observable and testable truths are verboten?

Oh, and here's some 18yr olds on their first day in university trying to cancel the teaching of the most significant philosophers in world history who laid the foundations for our pinnacle of existence - western civilisation. cos it must be wacist.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/two-cheers-for-reed-college/20318#.WcF8L3PTUwg

The extreme left are a far greater danger to society than any other political group.

I just hope Lukaku stays strong through this. No-one should have to be told they have a big penis. Seriously, imagine spreading rumours like that all over the world. I just hope the fans don't go down the "He is also a stallion in bed" route. Poor bugger.

I just want to repeat I don't enjoy posting but I feel I have to here, so I'll just get this out my system and go back to reading after this.

So if Connor Sammon plays against us and a section of Hearts fans make up a chant about his inability to jump will that be deemed racist?!

No. One is a stereotype that orbits suspiciously close to the 'blacks are sub-human animals' mindset that's been used as justification for centuries to dominate and impoverish an entire racial group, the other is a stereotype whose extent in British history and culture is a silly throwaway trope imported from the US.

Do you believe they measured Amuroso's? Were the chants about his tadger racist? A totally harmless chant about a popular player from their own team and you think it's racist? :D

The problem here is our weird obsession with players' ****** size amongst football fans is tellingly unequal. Chants of this nature directed at white players can be sourced to first hand accounts, the ones directed at black players are almost exclusively based on lazy stereotypes with no corroboration. I accept in the grand scheme of things it's harmless. But it is racist.

I've just read the article in the link.

The whole article is written from the point of view that those who came up with the chant were 100% linking the size of Mr Lukaku's appendage to the colour of his skin. There is no evidence of this.

She also makes a stereotypical assumption herself - that anyone holding with positive racial stereotypes must also hold with negative stereotypes, just because surveys have said so. Well I have never been asked to take such a survey, and I would resent anyone supposing to know what my thoughts and views are based on this.

I usually avoid dismissing such articles as hand-wringing liberal nonsense, because to do so is often to ignore real issues which should be addressed. However, in my opinion this lady's article is utter nonsense which simply panders to the easily-offended.

The chant mentions Lukaku's Belgian nationality. It does not mention the colour of his skin.

There have been plenty of examples over the years of similar chants, but aimed at white players. My main issue with it, to be honest, is that it just sounds a bit rubbish.

In order: (i) that's not what a stereotype is; (ii) that's not how evidence works; (iii) that's not how surveys work; (iv) the chant also mentions he scores lots of goals - do you think it's reasonable to deduce the reference is there because goals scored is correlated to penis size, like pinocchio but your wang grows every time you hit the back of the net? Don't be obtuse :)

Yep but try saying that out loud.

He did. On a public forum where anyone can register and it seems I'm the first to disagree with him (I disagree with him - the MOBOs aren't racist). 

Is the song based on his race? I'd say yes. Do I give a shit? No.

I'd rather people concentrated on actual horrible ******* racists than a pretty harmless song.

It's literally Kick It Out's job to report this. And it's possible for people to care about more than two things at once.

The folk who are moaning about this being racist stereotyping are actually the ones who are bringing attention to this being racist stereotyping !!!

It is them that are are doing the racist stereotyping !!

'I'm not racist! You're the racist! Yeah!'

Cool. 

Black men on average are bigger than any other race.

"A lazy chant." It's a football song ffs.

People like you have a negative affect on racism. The easily offended minority really need to be put down and shoved back in their corner. Seriously boils my blood.

Seems like you're the one that's offended here. The only thing that motivated me to post was the dodgy reasoning amongst nearly everybody that was posting in this thread.

I just want to repeat I don't enjoy posting but I feel I have to here, so I'll just get this out my system and go back to reading after this.

No. One is a stereotype that orbits suspiciously close to the 'blacks are sub-human animals' mindset that's been used as justification for centuries to dominate and impoverish an entire racial group, the other is a stereotype whose extent in British history and culture is a silly throwaway trope exported from the US.

The problem here is our weird obsession with players' ****** size amongst football fans is tellingly unequal. Chants of this nature directed at white players can be sourced to first hand accounts, the ones directed at black players are almost exclusively based on lazy stereotypes with no corroboration. I accept in the grand scheme of things it's harmless. But it is racist.

In order: (i) that's not what a stereotype is; (ii) that's not how evidence works; (iii) that's not how surveys work; (iv) the chant also mentions he scores lots of goals - do you think it's reasonable to deduce the reference is there because goals scored is correlated to penis size, like pinocchio but your wang grows every time you hit the back of the net? Don't be obtuse :)

He did. On a public forum where anyone can register and it seems I'm the first to disagree with him (I disagree with him - the MOBOs aren't racist).

It's literally Kick It Out's job to report this. And it's possible for people to care about more than two things at once.

'I'm not racist! You're the racist! Yeah!'

Cool.

Seems like you're the one that's offended here. The only thing that motivated me to post was the dodgy reasoning amongst nearly everybody that was posting in this thread.

You write like you're the last word on the subject. Are you morally superior?

Can you go back to just reading? That's twice in one thread!

Bazzas right boot

Is it racist to say Kenyan's are great at long distance running? I can't keep up.

That's because they're too fast....

Bazzas right boot

The extreme left are a far greater danger to society than any other political group.

They are just as dangerous as the far right, and do nothing for the liberal/ left centre cause.

The do more damage to the things they are trying to defend than right wing lunatics they cry about so much.

Eejits.

I had a similar chant sung about me when I was still playing in goals. It went something lime this.

Superjack, as agile as a cat.

He's our wee fat jambo genius,

With his .1 micron penis.

Stopping all the goals,

Bellend doesn't reach his balls.

Come to think of it, it wasn't all that complimentary.

Bazzas right boot

No. One is a stereotype that orbits suspiciously close to the 'blacks are sub-human animals' mindset that's been used as justification for centuries to dominate and impoverish an entire racial group, the other is a stereotype whose extent in British history and culture is a silly throwaway trope imported from the US.

Cool.

You've taken it too far and looking for things that aren't just there in this matter.

Football fans singing a funny/ positive sing about one of Thier own players. You could say, supporting him.

There are other examples of behaviour that may relate to your reasoning, lots of nasty things can happen to people because of racism.

This isn't one of them.

There are far bigger concerns with equality and rascism with real negative affects on culture and society. This song isn't one of them.

Take it for what it is, fans singing about Thier own player.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

No. One is a stereotype that orbits suspiciously close to the 'blacks are sub-human animals' mindset that's been used as justification for centuries to dominate and impoverish an entire racial group, the other is a stereotype whose extent in British history and culture is a silly throwaway trope exported from the US.

Cool.

It's not Racist. Black men on average have bigger penises than every other race. It anything the song makes the ones who are singing it inferior.

The definition of racism because it seems like you're the lazy one that doesn't even know what the work means.

Yes there will be a tiny minority who are racist. Most of us normal people will get on with life and take friendly jibes at each other. The minority of people who take everything seriously and the other minority who go around hating people for the colour of their skin. Will continue to hold us back. Slaveryis over in the UK. Everyone is treated equal by the majority and we'reat a stage we can have a laugh about thing.

Don't be that *****. :)

Parker, your response post to multiple posts seems to support what my post alluded to .......folk like you seem to go looking for and to be the highlighters and propagaters of racist stereotyping.

Bazzas right boot

I had a similar chant sung about me when I was still playing in goals. It went something lime this.

Superjack, as agile as a cat.

He's our wee fat jambo genius,

With his .1 micron penis.

Stopping all the goals,

Bellend doesn't reach his balls.

Come to think of it, it wasn't all that complimentary.

The boy with the 0.05 micron penis was well gel.

Chants of this nature directed at white players can be sourced to first hand accounts, the ones directed at black players are almost exclusively based on lazy stereotypes with no corroboration.

Are you serious? How do you know this?

If the United fans were chanting about all their black players being well endowed that would racist.

They are singing about one player who happens to be black.

It is as if people get commission nowadays for how many people they can call "racist" in a day. Terrible patter.

A few years back when we played Paksi in Budapest some guy took a whole bunch of David Obua masks. I wore one at the airport with about 20 other people. He was a cult hero. We came back and yup some chump started a thread on here that it was racist. Sometimes you actually have no words. If it were Marion Kello masks no ****s would be given. Masks of someone who happens to be black then it is racist. I am so sick of it.

It is as if people get commission nowadays for how many people they can call "racist" in a day. Terrible patter.

A few years back when we played Paksi in Budapest some guy took a whole bunch of David Obua masks. I wore one at the airport with about 20 other people. He was a cult hero. We came back and yup some chump started a thread on here that it was racist. Sometimes you actually have no words. If it were Marion Kello masks no ****s would be given. Masks of someone who happens to be black then it is racist. I am so sick of it.

Went to Colin Cloud at Edinburgh fringe show where masks of him were issued. No one classed this as racist or maybe it's racist stereotyping that you can only wear mask of folk that are non-black

Im happy for everyone to sing a song about my big penis if they want.

Many girls have spoken about it.

So a wee song disnae bother me.

Sorry big song

'I'm not racist! You're the racist! Yeah!'

Cool. 

Bloody Hell, you would be fun on a night out!

Out with the lads, having a laugh, you would last about 1/2 hour, before flouncing out the pub, furiously offended.

Are you corporal or sergeant in the PC Brigade?

I'm not sure Western Civilization is the pinnacle of our existence.

Governor Tarkin

It's undoubtedly racist. Whether it's offensive is a matter of opinion.

This is the correct answer.

I don't mind a bit of casual racism personally. I'm on the end of it at work on a daily basis and I can't say it has ever bothered me one bit.

Is the film title 'White Men Can't Jump' racist?

Imagine a film title that suggested black me couldn't do something or suggested something negative about them, which this song doesn't (it doesn't mention anything negative, or race.

Kick It Out were the first ones to mention race, and are the racist ones (or at best unconsciously bias, which is the same thing these days) since they have assumed a song is based on a stereotype".

Shooter McGavin

Is it racist to say Kenyan's are great at long distance running? I can't keep up.

You've failed to mention any other countries that produce great runners, therefore you are xenephobic. You've failed to mention the sexual orientation of said runners, this is very important therefore you're homophobic, and because you've used the stereotype that Kenya produces great long distance runner, You are also a racist.

So in summary, you are a xenophobic, homophobic racist.

Am I being offended correctly??????

Stephane Grappelli

Lafferty! Lafferty!

He's our seven foot attacker, with a massive tallywhacker.

Scoring goals for fun, his tadger's two foot one.

Is the film title 'White Men Can't Jump' racist?

Imagine a film title that suggested black men couldn't do something or suggested something negative about them, which this song doesn't (it doesn't mention anything negative, or race.

Kick It Out were the first ones to mention race, and are the racist ones (or at best unconsciously bias, which is the same thing these days) since they have assumed a song is based on a stereotype.

Corrected my typo, as I said black me, and I am not black. I also don't have a big c0ck.

Stephane Grappelli

Would actually fit to that Man Utd/Stone Roses tune.

If it was: Laff-erty, Ky-le Laff-erty.

Just sayin...:look:

I thought people would have worked that out for themselves.

Bloody pedant...

Not specific enough, It's people from the Rift Valley that are great distance runners. Your comment is distanceist against people from Nairobi and Mombasa.

Bloody Hell, you would be fun on a night out!

Out with the lads, having a laugh, you would last about 1/2 hour, before flouncing out the pub, furiously offended.

Are you corporal or sergeant in the PC Brigade?

Colour sergeant would be my bet.

I'm not sure Western Civilization is the pinnacle of our existence.

I'm very sure. It has even created the best worst things because it simply harnesses human capacity like no other culture has come anywhere close to. 

The greatest of many ironies is that these  morons at campuses across UK and US owe everything that goes round in their feeble brains to the evil west and the awful oppression of 'patriarchy' and 'whiteness'.

Freedom of thought, enquiry, expression and speech

Property rights

racial equality

freedom of capital

labour rights

Spurs sing about Jan Vertonghen' length.

Racist too?

Probably not, we're only talking about racism here because Lukaku is black, it appears.

Vertonghen's could be black though?  Can't assume anything these days.

Man U fans should sing the same chant about a white dude and watch the invisible outrage.

Im happy for everyone to sing a song about my big penis if they want.

Many girls have spoken about it.

So a wee song disnae bother me.

Sorry big song

Surely you mean Schlong?

Is this still the topic to be outraged about, or have the easily- offended found a new cause to be traumatised by today ?

Is this still the topic to be outraged about, or have the easily- offended found a new cause to be traumatised by today ?

A lassie got fined for peeing in the street in holland which is sexist. That seems to be today's one.

A lassie got fined for peeing in the street in holland which is sexist. That seems to be today's one.

So if you take the piss out of somebody you get fined.

If you remove the piss from yourself you get fined.

Can't win these days.

Cool.

Great response. Shame so many couldn't see past some sort of imagined expression of offence in your answer. Maybe they didn't get to the end part where you clearly set out your reasons for replying, maybe they just saw what they wanted to see. Who knows.

Re: the OP. Yes, it's absolutely racist, but offence is a completely separate question. It can be racist without causing individual or collective offence - the two aren't inextricably entwined. Offence is subjective.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Chances are Lukaku has a bigger c0ck than your average man. Therefore football fans have made a song relating to the chances of that being true.

It's not racist. Saying so is lazy, wrong and also stupid.

No surprises with the usual suspects on here

Great response. Shame so many couldn't see past some sort of imagined expression of offence in your answer. Maybe they didn't get to the end part where you clearly set out your reasons for replying, maybe they just saw what they wanted to see. Who knows.

Re: the OP. Yes, it's absolutely racist, but offence is a completely separate question. It can be racist without causing individual or collective offence - the two aren't inextricably entwined. Offence is subjective.

It absolutely isn't racist. Not even close. And I reckon the player himself would say the same and treat it in the way it was meant, as a JOKE football chant. Shame the leftie easily offended can't see it that way.

Or maybe it was a load of nonsense

Archived