Chant about Lukaku's Manhood Deemed Racist

BigC

Stephane Grappelli

When you remove everything offensive from humour, what you are left with is Miranda Hart.

Or Russell Howard. His whole routine seems to be based on trying to prove how tolerant and PC he is. Makes me think that deep down he must be a racist, homophobic, intolerant *****. Either that or he really is just that unfunny.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondered what Jim White was ranting and raving about on Talksport, he feels really strongly about the chant, stating it is racist, agree with him, but would like to hear him have a go at the old firm fans with the same gusto, in particular his beloved Rangers.

The question was how do people get away with this? I felt like phoning up and posing the question about the two uglies getting away with singing constant sectarianism? Crystal clear for all to hear at almost every away game for them both on sky/BT sports.

Lukaku situition sounds like a handfull of people in fairness you might never be able to cut small things (not his manhood) like this out. But as for rangers and celtic its a full stand of people singing.

Stephane Grappelli

Classic Brent! Made me go watch the scene now!

Aye, a brilliant scene.

"If HE'S not offended then what harm is there?"

A bunch of men chanting about another man's penis is rather odd, regardless of the racist connotations.

Ha Ha, was thinking that, wrong uns.

Soccer AM.

Helen to some footballer.

"who is the longest in the shower"

Some footballer replies

"Aaron Lennon".

Is there a difference between the above and the Lukaku song? No its just PC world gone crazy shit!

Ha Ha, was thinking that, wrong uns.

Hearts supporters used to chant "penis" to the miscreants being carted off by the Police round the pitch all through the 80s.

Wrong uns.

Stephane Grappelli

Soccer AM.

Helen to some footballer.

"who is the longest in the shower"

Some footballer replies

"Aaron Lennon".

Is there a difference between the above and the Lukaku song? No its just PC world gone crazy shit!

Not really. That player presumably has seen Aaron Lennon's Josef Locke so is well placed to comment on the size of said appendage.

Or, he didn't get the play on words and genuinely thought they meant who spends the longest time in the shower.

Bazzas right boot

I once went out with a right wag. All she wanted was a rich man with a 15? penis. I had to dump her as I was not chopping 2? off for no broad!

I went the opposite way, got a 4ft 11, 7. stone wife, to her everything seems bigger!

Nb she ain't 7 stone now.

Bazzas right boot

I'm offended by Scotsmen referring to themselves as tight. I'm a Yorkshireman who supports a Scottish football team, so I'm naturally tighter than anyone :)

Given the song, every one would seem to be tight to lukaku... Scotsman, Yorkshireman, Jordan...

Too much?

Maybe it's common knowledge amongst Everton & Man Utd fans that Lukaku has a big tadger. Either way it's a million miles away from being racist and I'm sure Lukaku would laugh it off.

Bazzas right boot

Miranda Hart is offensive to comedy.

Dunno where that leaves us.

That clown that looks like Jimmy Carr.

Micheal whatever.

Tragic.

Seymour M Hersh

Maybe it's common knowledge amongst Everton & Man Utd fans that Lukaku has a big tadger. Either way it's a million miles away from being racist and I'm sure Lukaku would laugh it off.

Ouch!! 

The way they would have you believe is that we are having nothing but refugee families of doctors and scientists come to the UK. White people are going up to non whites in the face and hitting them with baseball bats, gays are running in fear of their lives and women are struggling every second of everyday just to get the same wage as a man and being raped on every street corner. It is utterly horrendous. I think these people live in some kind of parallel universe as they do not live on planet Earth. As you say, no decent sane person actually hates people for the colour of their skin ? seriously not one. I have never known anyone to hate gays let alone hit them. Infact no-one I know even gives the slightest **** about anyone being gay. I would probably be more interested in what a worm ate for breakfast than the sexual orientation of someone. The shit that they protest for is simply not a reality. Well not in the world I live in anyway.

I realise this is the ?Terrace? so rant over. As for Lukaku, he is a pro footballer, an undoubted multi-millionnaire with a massive shlong (by recent accounts) that would have the hottest women on the planet wanting a piece of him. I see no injustices in his life ? I envy the jammy ****er!!!

So there's no homophobia in the world and it's just a liberal illusion. Who knew?

Anyway being a lefty, handwringer who reads the Guardian, I concur with this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/sep/19/manchester-united-racial-stereotyping-romelu-lukaku-song

It's ridiculous!

Never heard anyone wanting these chants banned for stereotypes: "Park, Park wherever you may be, you eat dogs in your on country, you could be worse, could be scouse, eating rats in your council house"

"nemanja, wooaah, nemanja,he comes from Serbia, he'll effing murder ya!"

Hope united fans continue to sing it loud and proud!!

Hearts supporters used to chant "penis" to the miscreants being carted off by the Police round the pitch all through the 80s.

Wrong uns.

Well i never, surely not from the wonderfull chaps and myself in the shed  :tiny:  :tiny:

Not only is this a particularly stupid statement (amongst an ocean of stupid posts) I'm left wondering where you think the reference comes from. Do you sincerely believe they measured his penis or something? :laugh:

Of course the chant is racist. I can never be bothered posting these days but I feel I almost have to here in case some reasonable people are looking in and judge us all to be racist simpletons.

So if Connor Sammon plays against us and a section of Hearts fans make up a chant about his inability to jump will that be deemed racist?!

Not only is this a particularly stupid statement (amongst an ocean of stupid posts) I'm left wondering where you think the reference comes from. Do you sincerely believe they measured his penis or something? :laugh:

Of course the chant is racist. I can never be bothered posting these days but I feel I almost have to here in case some reasonable people are looking in and judge us all to be racist simpletons.

Do you believe they measured Amuroso's? Were the chants about his tadger racist? A totally harmless chant about a popular player from their own team and you think it's racist? :D

Ricardo Shillyshally

If positive stereotypes are considered offensive does that mean we can no longer say things Germans are efficient?

This

If you had your way all chants would be banned from football, certainly shouting and probably talking, unless you'd had elocution lessons.

If positive stereotypes are considered offensive does that mean we can no longer say things Germans are efficient?

Racist apparently

This is a bit daft in my opinion.. This is stereo typing rather than racism and there is a difference.. It's almost as if there are people who's sole role in life is to find ways to be offended.. Ps..I read an article when he signed for utd saying The boy has size 14 feet.. There is a rule for these sort of things

Reminds me of the Basile Boli joke from the early 90s when he signed for Rangers. Not a racist joke, but will not post it here as someone will find it racist.

Was a ridiculous price for the fish supper though ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

joondalupjambo

Definition of racism;

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior:

That's the definition, I would suggest the last few words indicate it is reverse racism?

So the Mobo awards then, they discriminate because whites are not allowed to enter and by default suggests black music is better. Fits in with the above quote.

So the Mobo awards then, they discriminate because whites are not allowed to enter and by default suggests black music is better. Fits in with the above quote.

The Mobo award are far more racist than the Oscars ever have been, or ever will be.

Bazzas right boot

I hate it when folk try and sing about my swinging aphenage, my dashing good looks and Fabulous haircut.

Bazzas right boot

positive discrimination is a thing.

Dunno what to make of it but it will is a thing.

joondalupjambo

The Mobo award are far more racist than the Oscars ever have been, or ever will be.

Yep but try saying that out loud.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

That's dictionary definition which I think Kick it Out should consider that the chant fits their assertions. I agree with you

Yep but try saying that out loud.

I have done. I usually get shot down by lefties though. The same lefties who deplore men only clubs or events, but not women only ones.

I've just read the article in the link.

The whole article is written from the point of view that those who came up with the chant were 100% linking the size of Mr Lukaku's appendage to the colour of his skin. There is no evidence of this.

She also makes a stereotypical assumption herself - that anyone holding with positive racial stereotypes must also hold with negative stereotypes, just because surveys have said so. Well I have never been asked to take such a survey, and I would resent anyone supposing to know what my thoughts and views are based on this.

I usually avoid dismissing such articles as hand-wringing liberal nonsense, because to do so is often to ignore real issues which should be addressed. However, in my opinion this lady's article is utter nonsense which simply panders to the easily-offended.

The chant mentions Lukaku's Belgian nationality. It does not mention the colour of his skin.

There have been plenty of examples over the years of similar chants, but aimed at white players. My main issue with it, to be honest, is that it just sounds a bit rubbish.

There is no evidence that the song is related to the colour of his skin but it almost certainly is, given the noted stereotypes that exist.

The reference to people sharing positive and negative stereotypes was that they tend to, not explicitly do share them. It's not a stretch to assume that some who think black men have large penises also share negative stereotypes of black men as well.

Agreed on the surveys as they can't encapsulate everyones views but you can't also just dismiss surveys because you don't agree with them.

I personally am not rolling back offended by the chant as yes, there are much bigger race issues to contend with but it is to me anyway, a lazy chant pandering to a stereotype.

Is the song based on his race? I'd say yes. Do I give a shit? No.

I'd rather people concentrated on actual horrible ******* racists than a pretty harmless song.

The folk who are moaning about this being racist stereotyping are actually the ones who are bringing attention to this being racist stereotyping !!!

It is them that are are doing the racist stereotyping !!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

There is no evidence that the song is related to the colour of his skin but it almost certainly is, given the noted stereotypes that exist.

The reference to people sharing positive and negative stereotypes was that they tend to, not explicitly do share them. It's not a stretch to assume that some who think black men have large penises also share negative stereotypes of black men as well.

Agreed on the surveys as they can't encapsulate everyones views but you can't also just dismiss surveys because you don't agree with them.

I personally am not rolling back offended by the chant as yes, there are much bigger race issues to contend with but it is to me anyway, a lazy chant pandering to a stereotype.

Black men on average are bigger than any other race.

"A lazy chant." It's a football song ffs.

People like you have a negative affect on racism. The easily offended minority really need to be put down and shoved back in their corner. Seriously boils my blood.

I've just read the article in the link.

The whole article is written from the point of view that those who came up with the chant were 100% linking the size of Mr Lukaku's appendage to the colour of his skin. There is no evidence of this.

She also makes a stereotypical assumption herself - that anyone holding with positive racial stereotypes must also hold with negative stereotypes, just because surveys have said so. Well I have never been asked to take such a survey, and I would resent anyone supposing to know what my thoughts and views are based on this.

I usually avoid dismissing such articles as hand-wringing liberal nonsense, because to do so is often to ignore real issues which should be addressed. However, in my opinion this lady's article is utter nonsense which simply panders to the easily-offended.

The chant mentions Lukaku's Belgian nationality. It does not mention the colour of his skin.

There have been plenty of examples over the years of similar chants, but aimed at white players. My main issue with it, to be honest, is that it just sounds a bit rubbish.

It's a piece from the Grauniad Ffs. Of course it's hand wringing, liberal nonsense!

Archived