Chant about Lukaku's Manhood Deemed Racist

BigC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/41317495

Is it racist?

I would say yes, unless he has a previous reputation for being well endowed (like Amoruso did when he played in Scotland) in which case, the fans maybe get a pass.

Edit: for context, here is a link to the song in question, which contains a couple of rude words...

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/41317495

Is it racist?

I would say yes, unless he has a previous reputation for being well endowed (like Amoruso did when he played in Scotland) in which case, the fans maybe get a pass.

Edit: for context, here is a link to the song in question, which contains a couple of rude words...

Was the joke not that Amoruso went as a petrol pump for Halloween one year?

A bunch of men chanting about another man's penis is rather odd, regardless of the racist connotations.

Homophobe.

Wondered what Jim White was ranting and raving about on Talksport, he feels really strongly about the chant, stating it is racist, agree with him, but would like to hear him have a go at the old firm fans with the same gusto, in particular his beloved Rangers.

But he is also a big guy, an alpha male, so the connotation does not have to be racist.

Would they sing the same thing about N'Golo Kante if he played for Man Utd? I think not.

And it's always a bit dangerous when a club tries to control fans in this way and all it does is encourage others to join in.

Gilberts Fridge

Jim White going mad on Talk Sport about how bad it is this morning. How about getting wound up about the filth the gruesome twosome come out with every game then Jim?

Thought not 

Jim White going mad on Talk Sport about how bad it is this morning. How about getting wound up about the filth the gruesome twosome come out with every game then Jim?

Thought not 

Exactly, there is not a chance of him doing something on that subject.

Wonder what Romelu makes of it tbh, I think he'd probs find it quite funny. I certainly would. 

I get that it's a racial stereotype thing but it's hardly being used in a negative or derogatory sense (unless of course he has some real insecurities about it I suppose). Not condoning the chant but I don't think it's worthy of the reaction it seems to have generated.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The age we live in.

Is it being dickist as well as racist?

My cocktail feels inferior today compared to the jumbo hot dog. I mean its got ketchup mustard and onions my lad is lucky if he gets a dip

Hilarious.

Nothing racist about it. 

It's absolutely 100% racist. It's a racial epiphet. A stereotype. Whether or not the intention was one of positivity, whether it is hilarious, meant in jest or is not overtly offensive isn't relevant. The fact is it's a stereotype based on race being chanted so brazenly and unchallenged.

The fact is that racism (no matter how small or trivial or harmless you or others deem it to be) simply needs to be challenged and called out wherever it occurs, otherwise nothing will ever change.

No amount of old arses saying "It's political correctness gone man" are going to sway me.

letsalldothebeattie

I don't see how it's racist in the slightest. It's absolutely hilarious and I'm sure Lukaku & his teammates will find it amusing as well. Could hear it being sang a few times on Sunday during game against Everton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The age we live in.

My cocktail feels inferior today compared to the jumbo hot dog. I mean its got ketchup mustard and onions my lad is lucky if he gets a dipi

No idea what that last sentence is about, but it is interesting to see how the English deal with chants (Chelsea too telling fans to cease their Morata song saying Yid) when again and again the SFA and OF just pay lip service. Then again, I guess the English are protecting a brand whilst the OF stuff IS the very basis of the OF brand...

Bazzas right boot

This kind of shite detracts from real racial and in general social issues, whatever it may be.

It also feeds the extreme right and Thier views about the "snow flakes" that are central/ left and damages their case when pressed with real issues.

Bazzas right boot

No idea what that last sentence is about, but it is interesting to see how the English deal with chants (Chelsea too telling fans to cease their Morata song saying Yid) when again and again the SFA and OF just pay lip service. Then again, I guess the English are protecting a brand whilst the OF stuff IS the very basis of the OF brand...

I agree.

Wonder what Romelu makes of it tbh, I think he'd probs find it quite funny. I certainly would. 

I get that it's a racial stereotype thing but it's hardly being used in a negative or derogatory sense (unless of course he has some real insecurities about it I suppose). Not condoning the chant but I don't think it's worthy of the reaction it seems to have generated.

It's absolutely 100% racist. It's a racial epiphet. A stereotype. Whether or not the intention was one of positivity, whether it is hilarious, meant in jest or is not overtly offensive isn't relevant. The fact is it's a stereotype based on race being chanted so brazenly and unchallenged.

The fact is that racism (no matter how small or trivial or harmless you or others deem it to be) simply needs to be challenged and called out wherever it occurs, otherwise nothing will ever change.

No amount of old arses saying "It's political correctness gone man" are going to sway me.

Irony is that black people actually are quite happy about this stereotype, though I expect it would not be the case if a woman was to voice disappointment in their actual size. There is some truth behind 99% of stereotypes - I don't know if there is any truth behind this one. I would never make a study of other mens' johnsons...

I remember walking down George Street with a black mate, and bicycle taxi was trying to get us to use his rickshaw. Following a bit of back & forth, I said "Look we're ok we want (read need) to walk", he responded, "But once you try it you'll never go back", to which I said "That's what he says to the ladies". We all laughed.

Racial stereotyping? Certainly. Racist Stereotyping? No. 

Bazzas right boot

The age we live in.

My cocktail feels inferior today compared to the jumbo hot dog. I mean its got ketchup mustard and onions my lad is lucky if he gets a dip

Also agree, this shite actually fuels more serious issues as even central folk get pushed right due to the ridiculousness of claims like these.

Things like this being highlighted do nothing to combat rascism, they just fuel the divide.

I never minded when the fans of our five aside team "ridiculed" me for the very same issue......

Bazzas right boot

If I had a big dick I would love people to sing songs about me.

Instead of singing songs about you being a big dick!

Appoligies, had to be done.

Bazzas right boot

Kriss Akabus is now a motivational speaker. He spoke at my work once and made a joke about black men's willies.

It will s a strange name for a Blackman.

Was it a motivational joke?

A build up to one. Can't remember the motivational part, but the joke/story concerned him pissing in a river.

Thought not

Jim White is a bellend.

The age we live in.

Sexist, probably. Not including people who don't have a penis !!! I await their song about how much of a fann1 Jose Mouriniho(?) is to redress the balance !!.

slightly of topic but does this mean white men cant jump is racist?

It is only racist if the word "Black" is in the sentence.

Obviously a very small one

No he's a massive bellend!

Irritating sensationalist red top journalist who's now got his own radio show that enables him to ring up his endless list of good, good friends in football to suck up too.

His knowledge of football is nil.

Mid Calder Jambo

Happy Howden built a career around jokes on this subject. Will some folk on here just get real and accept that men talk about dicks and women talk about dicks and sometimes Jack and Danny's.  Its not racist, it's not homophobic it's what humans do, end of.

Fitzroy Pointon

This just reminds me of Brent ' it's not an insult though is it? Its a compliment if anything'

Is it bigger than a bread bin? 

It still offends me to this day

I think we need a safe space as I too am offended. 

And what is this we have no rhythm because we are white

:sob:

This one way street of political correctness, minority appeasement and the continual fight by people to compete at the Oppression Olympics has to stop, it really has to.

A black guy in my work is utterly ashamed of this nonsense.  He is truly ashamed at how ridiculous it has all become.

There is a reason so few women support feminism, so few gays support this 7,542 recognized genders and so many black people dismiss Black Lives Matter ? it is being truly counter-productive and setting us back in society decades.  If you look at most college towns in the US it is almost civil war over there.  This is the sole reason people voted Brexit, Trump etc.  It is a huge statement from the very silent but very large majority that people are sick of this bullshit.  FFS 53% of all women voters in the US voted Trump. This is why so many hardened good old fashioned proper ?lefties? (the good kind) voted Brexit.  It is effing nauseating this relentless barrage of accusations, virtue signaling, violence, demands for special attention and privileges and the continual seek for oppression.

I for one am truly done with it.

I am shocked by this chant!

It's completely anatomically incorrect. If his bellend is by his toes then it can't be as short as 24 inches. It has to be at least 36 inches. Why can't folk get these sorts of things correct?

Regal Kingston

There will be be a good few people out there that would like to see the back off the 'black guy massive penis' stereotype.

Mainly black fellas with small cocks.

To move forward as a society we need to lose all positive and negative racial epithets.

We will probably lose a lot of humour in the process

Also agree, this shite actually fuels more serious issues as even central folk get pushed right due to the ridiculousness of claims like these.

Things like this being highlighted do nothing to combat rascism, they just fuel the divide.

I never minded when the fans of our five aside team "ridiculed" me for the very same issue......

LOL Nice try!

Not racist in the slightest there are others who are gifted with such a large part of their anatomy. So I'm told ;)

I once went out with a right wag. All she wanted was a rich man with a 15? penis.  I had to dump her as I was not chopping 2? off for no broad!

Ageist ******* dude

Archived