Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

If you had taken the trouble to read the introduction to the statistics https://www.gov.scot/publications/achievement-curriculum-excellence-cfe-levels-2017-18/pages/3/ you would have read the following - A pupil is reported to have achieved the expected level in Literacy if they have achieved the expected level in all three of the literacy organisers: reading, writing, listening and talking. Pupils will not be included in this calculation if ‘Not Assessed’ (Code 99) has been reported in one or more of the organisers. Therefore, this percentage will generally be lower than performance reported in three literacy organisers individually.

This statement renders the statistic you quote virtually meaningless

This collective statistic (literacy) was not collated in or before 2016 so can hardly be used to show declining standards. The components of literacy were collated though and surprisingly they show improvement. Reading up from 72 to 79, writing up from 65 to 73 and listening and talking up from 77 to 84. Is Nicola to be congratulated for this or are these improvements not fast enough for you? I await your response with interest.

Don't need stats to see what a rip roaring kent the Nats have made of the Scottish education system. But that's for another thread.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ****ing tosser named Bernard Jenkin just said the party should all get behind May... just after saying he's voting against her tonight.    Just yet another example of the duplicitous,  conniving,  self serving,  false loyalty,  insincere mindset of virtually every Tory.   

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

Don't need stats to see what a rip roaring kent the Nats have made of the Scottish education system. But that's for another thread.

Only in the eyes of a no voting Tory quisling.

2 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

Maternity leave my arse.  Funny how she's always available for a quote when it boosts her credentials rather than challenges her party.  Evidence is the fact that the press covered her threat to resign, and then covered her now backing what she threatened to resign about a couple of weeks ago.

It stinks.

I mean she just gave birth. Her quote was a tweet. Hardly been on the tele and radio bashing out a full blooded support.

Frankly the deal does end the CFP in 2020 once the transition completes and the backstop only applies if we don't get a future deal. So it does deliver. A lot of folk think this is it. We've another two years of this to negotiate our future deal. This is the end of the beginning. So to resign now would be premature.

All politicians are hypocrites to some extent. Sturgeon called on Corbyn to hold a vote he knew he'd lose. Sturgeon is not holding her desired vote till it's in the bag. Corbyn agreed to his party conference putting a referendum on the table and isn't using it. 

All of them are at it in my view. No one comes out of it well.

31 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

892952BC-A52F-425A-B49A-CA2CD950DDBA.jpeg

They'd have lost! Why should people hold votes they'd lose?! 

The Tories are now tearing lumps out of each other. At the end of tonight - whatever happens - she's weakened and has less chance getting her deal through the HoC as 48 MPs in her own party still won't back her deal. That opens up two things;

1. A more successful chance of defeating her deal and holding a no confidence vote then or

2. Forcing her to concede a referendum on her deal vs remaining

If anything a Vote yesterday would've united her party and prevented this weakening.

That post is the most reductive reasoning which doesn't consider reality. I mean you'd be as well saying some Jambos invited Tommy Robinson along to a game so all Hearts fans are Tommy Robinson supporters.

Edited by JamboX2

Sounds like there are varying interpretations of May's declaration of her 2022 election intentions.

Her own MPs don't believe anything she says.      :D

The Mighty Thor
12 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I mean she just gave birth. Her quote was a tweet. Hardly been on the tele and radio bashing out a full blooded support.

Frankly the deal does end the CFP in 2020 once the transition completes and the backstop only applies if we don't get a future deal. So it does deliver. A lot of folk think this is it. We've another two years of this to negotiate our future deal. This is the end of the beginning. So to resign now would be premature.

All politicians are hypocrites to some extent. Sturgeon called on Corbyn to hold a vote he knew he'd lose. Sturgeon is not holding her desired vote till it's in the bag. Corbyn agreed to his party conference putting a referendum on the table and isn't using it. 

All of them are at it in my view. No one comes out of it well.

I thought Mooth was resigning?

Matter of principle, personal red line and all that.

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

No they haven't it's just media chat for the hard of thinking. Anything to bash the SNP. Same with SNHS and anything else they're responsible for. The media produce made up stuff for idiots and they don't have the gumption to investigate or challenge or even proof through their own life experiences. SNP bad....... 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

9 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

They'd have lost! Why should people hold votes they'd lose?! 

The Tories are now tearing lumps out of each other. At the end of tonight - whatever happens - she's weakened and has less chance getting her deal through the HoC as 48 MPs in her own party still won't back her deal. That opens up two things;

1. A more successful chance of defeating her deal and holding a no confidence vote then or

2. Forcing her to concede a referendum on her deal vs remaining

If anything a Vote yesterday would've united her party and prevented this weakening.

That post is the most reductive reasoning which doesn't consider reality. I mean you'd be as well saying some Jambos invited Tommy Robinson along to a game so all Hearts fans are Tommy Robinson supporters.

Why would they have lost? The tory eurosceptics would have joined in & created a majority. Labour have less balls than a post op tranny. 

Now she will probably win the vote of no confidence & limp on as before. Nothing will change. 

11 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Disgraceful editing to try and score a cheap and childish point. Absolutely disgusted with you of all people. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

You said something.  I quoted what you said and commented.  Nothing personal meant here, but you need to say what you mean, and mean what you say. 

I'm not absolutely disgusted with you, nor am I ashamed of myself - but if you want to react in such an OTT way there's not much I can do about that. 

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I thought Mooth was resigning?

Matter of principle, personal red line and all that.

Ask her. But I'm merely saying it's all dependent on the next few years. Not now. People seem to think this deal is it. We've luckily got more negotiating to go.

Just now, JamboX2 said:

Ask her. But I'm merely saying it's all dependent on the next few years. Not now. People seem to think this deal is it. We've luckily got more negotiating to go.

All of these political spasms are happening over a temporary arrangement.  How is the UK supposed to plot its way through negotiations on a long-term agreement?

40 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Only in the eyes of a no voting Tory quisling.

I think it's pretty much a unilateral consensus amongst everyone unfortunate enough to be directly or indirectly affected by the state of Scotland's education system, unless you're part of the mad cult and can't see the nose in front of your face.

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Why would they have lost? The tory eurosceptics would have joined in & created a majority. Labour have less balls than a post op tranny. 

Now she will probably win the vote of no confidence & limp on as before. Nothing will change. 

Because Tories as a whole don't want Labour in office. Nor do the DUP. Why would turkeys vote for Christmas? 

The key vote - the key one to launch a no confidence vote behind - is the one on the deal. The ain't chanting. It won't pass. Three options are then open: 

1. Election

2. Referendum - her deal / remain 

3. No deal 

This has utterly diminished her. Devalued pound. Devalued nation. Devalued PM. 

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

All of these political spasms are happening over a temporary arrangement.  How is the UK supposed to plot its way through negotiations on a long-term agreement?

Excellent question. Only answer is a Government of National Unity.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, JamboX2 said:

Excellent question. Only answer is a Government of National Unity.

The problem with that is there is no national unity.

5 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Because Tories as a whole don't want Labour in office. Nor do the DUP. Why would turkeys vote for Christmas? 

The key vote - the key one to launch a no confidence vote behind - is the one on the deal. The ain't chanting. It won't pass. Three options are then open: 

1. Election

2. Referendum - her deal / remain 

3. No deal 

This has utterly diminished her. Devalued pound. Devalued nation. Devalued PM. 

For the DUP a Corbyn Labour government means the risk of a United Ireland.

For the Tories a Corbyn Labour government means an attack on everything they hold dear. 

But I wouldn't underestimate the stupidity of some Tory MPs. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Victorian said:

Ooft.    117 is a big problem still.     It's not a victory.

That is what a lot of people are saying 

Maybe vote of no confidence will follow Brexit vote in Parliament just to get her out

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ooft.    117 is a big problem still.     It's not a victory.

It is thought isn't it. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

That is what a lot of people are saying 

Maybe vote of no confidence will follow Brexit vote in Parliament just to get her out

She can't be challenged for another 12 I think?? 

Well done Mrs May. Now get on and sort of a deal that will the best one for the U.K. 

the Back Stop is the main problem and needs to go or at least have an end date or exit clause.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Captain Sausage
13 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

This made me laugh. The only part it left out was that the submarine needed to be constructed by unicorn workies.

image.thumb.png.c5052dea03d07785907713bf339e7ffe.png

image.thumb.png.f14a3175dfab11f1e2ed4b54b120e53a.png

:lol: it’s just a shit cheese submarine. 

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

117 is big enough to be used as a stick to beat her with,  from within and elsewhere.     It's quite a big embarrassment.

But a victory none the less. 

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The problem with that is there is no national unity.

There could be if we accepted the compromises of our predicament and worked for what is best for all people.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

But a victory none the less. 

Not really.   It's avoiding being binned.    In practice only a more resounding percentage (85-90%) would be a true victory.     

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

117 is big enough to be used as a stick to beat her with,  from within and elsewhere.     It's quite a big embarrassment.

Indeed. In fact it's deepened the Tory divisions and shows there's less chance getting the deal through.

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

May wins  vote

200 to 117

It's hard to imagine that there are 200 people in the uk who have confidence in her.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not really.   It's avoiding being binned.    In practice only a more resounding percentage (85-90%) would be a true victory.     

I disagree, 1 more yes to no is a victory, I think May and her supporters would've taken that at tea time. 

I get what you're saying though, just at this point in British Politics a victory, any victory is a victory! 

3 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Indeed. In fact it's deepened the Tory divisions and shows there's less chance getting the deal through.

Yep.   It's a clear 'spoiler' regarding the outcome of the meaningful vote.

How can this stand any chance now?    

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

There could be if we accepted the compromises of our predicament and worked for what is best for all people.

It is hard to imagine a deal involving more compromises than the one May has negotiated. The fact is there is little appetite for compromise.

10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

She can't be challenged for another 12 I think?? 

Sorry

I mean a vote of no confidence in Parliament called by The Opposition (Labour)

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sorry

I mean a vote of no confidence in Parliament called by The Opposition (Labour)

? That can happen, yes. 

2 minutes ago, pablo said:

So it's a No Deal Brexit then?

Looks like it.

One result of delaying vote is it gives hardly any chance for anything different.

After vote May has 21 days to come back to Parliament with an alternative plan. That is set out in legislation passed on the arrangements. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like it.

One result of delaying vote is it gives hardly any chance for anything different.

After vote May has 21 days to come back to Parliament with an alternative plan.

Or parliament has 21 days to seize control.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I think there will now be a vote of no confidence and it will be voted in with angry Tory MPs voting for it. Just need 6 or 7. 

Possible. These are remarkable times. Then what though? We're leaving the EU on the 29th of March. There would need to a Tory leadership contest, a general election and a revoke of article 50 in 3 months?

We need to calm the markets, this is turning into utter chaos. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )