Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

There will be fewer Polish and other East Europeans - none of whom were ever "illegal".  There will be more non-Europeans, particularly Indians and Chinese, and they won't be "illegal" either.

You have heard of the Tory party, yes?. Thousands of legal folk became illegal with woosh of pen, just for to make the numbers look good. So don't rule anything out. They love to ruin people's lives.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You have heard of the Tory party, yes?. Thousands of legal folk became illegal with he woosh of a pen, just to make the numbers look good. So don't rule anything out. They love to ruin people's lives.

WorldChampions1902
10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

There will be fewer Polish and other East Europeans - none of whom were ever "illegal".  There will be more non-Europeans, particularly Indians and Chinese, and they won't be "illegal" either.

Yes indeed. You ken it, I ken it and even Patsy Kensit.

Talking of “Patsy’s”, they were a sizeable portion of that 17m. 

Yes but the new chaps will just be servants from The Colonies, don't you know, and that's rather spiffing!!!

I'm sure we'll come up with some new law or other that excludes these people from the minimum wage. Tally ho!

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

D226118A-D8DF-46B6-92AE-ADBCEB00EA38.jpeg

Worse than the shit on my shoe, please stop voting for these ***** people!

On 01/05/2022 at 04:17, ri Alban said:

You have heard of the Tory party, yes?. Thousands of legal folk became illegal with woosh of pen, just for to make the numbers look good. So don't rule anything out. They love to ruin people's lives.

Good lad Aussie.  So, if the Tories can make you illegal at the stroke of a pen, why won't all these Chinese and Indian people be illegal?  Come on, think about it.

On 01/05/2022 at 09:57, WorldChampions1902 said:

Yes indeed. You ken it, I ken it and even Patsy Kensit.

Talking of “Patsy’s”, they were a sizeable portion of that 17m. 

Poor Aussie's taking his time to ken it, though. ;)

Brexit pressures are largely to blame for the soaring price of chicken, the British Poultry Council (BPC) has said, rejecting Boris Johnson’s claim it is down to global energy prices.

The prime minister said soaring supermarket prices were mainly due to international fuel supply problems on Tuesday, adding: “The cost of chickens is crazy.”

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Brexit pressures are largely to blame for the soaring price of chicken, the British Poultry Council (BPC) has said, rejecting Boris Johnson’s claim it is down to global energy prices.

The prime minister said soaring supermarket prices were mainly due to international fuel supply problems on Tuesday, adding: “The cost of chickens is crazy.”

Crikey, who do we believe? The British Poultry Council, a decades old trade association set up to look after the best interests of its members, or a confirmed pathological liar recently put in place to protect the interests of The Conservative Party? Tough call.

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Crikey, who do we believe? The British Poultry Council, a decades old trade association set up to look after the best interests of its members, or a confirmed pathological liar recently put in place to protect the interests of The Conservative Party? Tough call.

One will be plucked at this election 

This is interesting, particularly the timing.  British government more or less confirms that it will ignore repeated DUP requests and won't take unilateral action against the NI Protocol.

The night before voters go to the polls to elect the devolved Assembly.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2022/05/04/news/move-against-northern-ireland-protocol-unlikely-to-be-in-queen-s-speech-brandon-lewis-2660756/

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Unification on the way as Brexit kicks in 

Ulster unionists are an easy going bunch, I don't imagine there'll be any problems there

3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Unification on the way as Brexit kicks in 

It's the most intriguing election since 1998.  The opinion polls point to Sinn Féin being the largest party, the first time in NI history that the leading party is nationalist if it happens.  But also, the polls are showing the Alliance party and the DUP very close in second place.  The DUP has campaigned on getting the British government to unilaterally abrogate the Protocol.  Lewis' remarks have not gone unnoticed in the North, and they could lead to votes switching from the DUP to other Unionist parties - in which case it's possible that the unionist parties might also miss out on second place.  The vote share by nationalist and unionist parties will be the closest ever seen, although it's unlikely that nationalists will outpoll unionists.

It also looks as if the vote share of both the nationalist and unionist parties is falling, and the Alliance party will be the biggest winners.  But that's all based on polls, of course.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ulster unionists are an easy going bunch, I don't imagine there'll be any problems there

Indeed.  In some ways they are proving to be more hardline as a minority than they were as a majority.  There is also a sense out there that younger voters are more willing to vote for the Alliance and Green parties, and there's a small but thriving wee left-wing niche developing as well.

HartleyLegend3
On 05/05/2022 at 07:36, The Mighty Thor said:

Winning bigly 👍

Nothing funnier than a Gammon saying, I voted for Brexit but this isn't the Brexit I voted for.. 

HartleyLegend3
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The benefits of brexit again.. 

You know apart from a couple of people who admitted to voting brexit at the beginning. I can't find anyone willing to admit to voting for this sh1tshow. 

The couple of idiots who I know voted for it,blame Europe for the brexit sh1tshow. 

Bojo building his own alternative EU with Sweden  and Finland and Ukraine 

Edited by Imaman

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Imaman said:

What a shitty EU

22 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Nah, he's just doing his part as the most senior salesman for the huge UK arms industry.

Nothing more, nothing less.

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Nah, he's just doing his part as the most senior salesman for the huge UK arms industry.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I can assure you Bunter and his gang have very few friends in the UK defence industry. Big contracts across Europe (including Finland) going to the Americans, SAAB Gripen / Raven getting it's arse kicked by the F35.

Lets be honest would an anyone buy anything on the back of a Boris sales pitch !!

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, EC_Hearts said:

I can assure you Bunter and his gang have very few friends in the UK defence industry. Big contracts across Europe (including Finland) going to the Americans, SAAB Gripen / Raven getting it's arse kicked by the F35.

Lets be honest would an anyone buy anything on the back of a Boris sales pitch !!

That second sentence is too interesting to leave there.

I found this but I'm no expert so I'm not sure what it all means

https://aviatia.net/saab-gripen-vs-f-35-lightning-ii/

Do you know if any articles comparing the two so I can understand all of this?

*Never mind, I found a few now

Edited by Smithee

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That second sentence is too interesting to leave there.

I found this but I'm no expert so I'm not sure what it all means

https://aviatia.net/saab-gripen-vs-f-35-lightning-ii/

Do you know if any articles comparing the two so I can understand all of this?

*Never mind, I found a few now

The second sentence comes from a vested interest as my employer supplies the radar to the SAAB platform and had high hopes that good sales of the Gripen would lead to development work on a new generation of radar technology. Unfortunately over the last couple of years the F35 has swept the board (Finland, Austria, Switzerland being the biggies). Through life support costs being the key apparently (Even although F35 figures regarded as highly questionable by experts in the field).

Unknown user
Just now, EC_Hearts said:

The second sentence comes from a vested interest as my employer supplies the radar to the SAAB platform and had high hopes that good sales of the Gripen would lead to development work on a new generation of radar technology. Unfortunately over the last couple of years the F35 has swept the board (Finland, Austria, Switzerland being the biggies). Through life support costs being the key apparently (Even although F35 figures regarded as highly questionable by experts in the field).

BAE?

I've just been reading that they effectively vetoed Argentina buying them as it's their radar onboard.

From what I'm reading though Saab were going more for the second tier price range, which is why they didn't go with stealth capabilities. The F-35 is stealth and a fair bit more expensive, but SAAB are still hopeful of orders from those who can't afford the F-35.

(NB all gleaned from 10 minutes googling, could well be bollocks)

il Duce McTarkin
10 hours ago, Smithee said:

(NB all gleaned from 10 minutes googling, could well be bollocks)

That's 8 minutes more googling than is required to qualify as a standard kickback expert, tbf.

Jambo_jim2001
On 05/05/2022 at 20:47, Mikey1874 said:

At least they will be easy to find when the shops can't afford to keep the lights on🤔

But I though they "knew what they were voting for"

As it turns out, they didn't.

They didn't even understand the deal they negotiated.

:rofl:

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

But I though they "knew what they were voting for"

As it turns out, they didn't.

They didn't even understand the deal they negotiated.

:rofl:

That's because it was sold to morons who didn't understand it by morons who didn't understand it.

The icing on the cake was brown faces. 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's because it was sold to morons who didn't understand it by morons who didn't understand it.

The icing on the cake was brown faces. 

:greggy:

The oven ready deal, NI protocol and all, was precisely the offering put to the UK electorate in 2019 and, sadly, endorsed by the UK electorate. Does the government have any mandate or legitimacy in trying to overturn their own deal?

10 minutes ago, RobboM said:

legitimacy

This lot don’t do legitimacy especially the number one shagger.

On 02/05/2022 at 22:26, WorldChampions1902 said:

D226118A-D8DF-46B6-92AE-ADBCEB00EA38.jpeg

The EU had plenty of time to introduce legislation to stop tax avoidance and didn't. Pretending that the EU is some sort of anti-business, high taxing association which puts the rights of workers over the rights of business' is nonsense.

JRM and the tories are bawbags nonetheless

The Mighty Thor

Interesting article which examines the impact of Brexit and blows holes in the covid excuse trotted out by the flag shaggers 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Interesting article which examines the impact of Brexit and blows holes in the covid excuse trotted out by the flag shaggers 

Grimm reading but we new this would happen m

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Imaman said:

Grimm reading but we new this would happen m

* some of us knew what would happen.

A huge chunk of people still don't believe it has or that anything that has happened is down to Covid-19 or the meddling of those pesky Europeans they've been warning us about for years. 

This country is beyond f**ked

When they said the deal was oven ready,  what they meant was that it was a piece of garbage that only the sane of mind would dispose of in the nearest incinerator.