Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Exactly. It wouldn't make any difference if they said that they were making a profit. So why lie?

It's pretty easy to work out, the price they are selling it for minus the cost of making it.

The price the UK are paying

Moderna...£28 a shot

Pfizer...£20 a shot

AZ.....£3 a shot

10 Bob to make. 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

4 years of sucking up to Trump in the most cringeworthy manner for absolutely hee haw. 

It's beautiful. 😊

5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Auld Joe can do one 

China here we come 

Back of the queue. Mind that, when Cameron got Obama to say that about Scotland at indyref. Shite, intit. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Back of the queue. Mind that, when Cameron got Obama to say that about Scotland at indyref. Shite, intit. 

True.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

WorldChampions1902

The cluster**** that is Brexit gathers apace. Haemorrhaging jobs and investment across a myriad of sectors. At a time when we desperately need that money to stay the U.K. to rebuild our shattered economy. All that VAT, PAYE, NIC lost to our Exchequer for ever.

A great line, “It’s absurd that the government is suggesting we open in the EU, create EU jobs and pay EU taxes — is that what people voted for?”

They were resolute - they knew what they voted for.

https://www.ft.com/content/13f0f13a-abce-4327-ad81-aaf392518b2a?fbclid=IwAR1Qd78VbPMc-77z9Js2vzB5pOEOYKMEVuwSVlmlAFP4hvTtHI285hYFIaM

SectionDJambo
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That was said at the EU referendum though, wasn't it?

Why would he say that about Scottish Independence?

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That was said at the EU referendum though, wasn't it?

Why would he say that about Scottish Independence?

Google it as there are plenty of links.

Two-thirds of the lorries leaving the UK are leaving empty as the red tape and delays cost more than the value of a full load for returning importers.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The IRA sympathizing, geriatric trying to dictate to the United Kingdom.

No chance

As much as that riles cmon man we’ve been under their boot since the end of WW2 and now we stand alone even in Europe. 
Like it or not the likes of Biden will show us few favours. We needed Trump and even then I doubt he’d have went out his way to make it anything other than America first. He was full of shit. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No chance

Hopefully Kamala takes over sooner rather than later 

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No chance

US / UK trade is going fine.

A trade deal builds on that. But if we never have a trade deal we'll do fine.

EU flexing it's muscles and firing a shot across the bow.  

They know that the NI protocol is a de-facto backdoor the UK can use to get around the Brexit deal so this was them letting us know they'll not be pished about with.

16 minutes ago, Cade said:

They know that the NI protocol is a de-facto backdoor the UK can use to get around the Brexit deal so this was them letting us know they'll not be pished about with.

Dejavu 🤔

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

No one: Something must be done.

EU Commission: We gonna do a thing.

Irish Government: Eh, naw.

EU Commission: OK, we ain't.

----FIN---

The above is the script of my short movie nominated for an award at Cannes next year.

The working title is Taking Back Control

10 hours ago, Cade said:

That moment when every post you've ever made about the EU comes crashing down around your ears and your left looking like a chunt.

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

That moment when every post you've ever made about the EU comes crashing down around your ears and your left looking like a chunt.

Its you're you illiterate, gammon faced, English wannabe.

10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

----FIN---

The above is the script of my short movie nominated for an award at Cannes next year.

On 5L talking about the situation and noting that Ireland is now a, if not the major power broker in the EU.

'Spose you can argue all ways if this is good, bad or indifferent for the UK now.

Edited by DETTY29

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

----FIN---

That must look good in your head U. The Irish Gov being a power broker in the EU. Pity it's wrong though. The Brussels didn't consult Dublin before invoking the protocol. Nor did they consult London, Paris or Berlin. 

14 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That must look good in your head U. The Irish Gov being a power broker in the EU. Pity it's wrong though. The Brussels didn't consult Dublin before invoking the protocol. Nor did they consult London, Paris or Berlin. 

I'm not sure what "The Brussels" is, but no doubt it sounded pretty impressive in your own head.

The Commission didn't consult anyone.  Then we asked them to cop themselves on, and they did.  The whole storm in a teacup was over in about 8 hours.  Today it was our turn, but on another day it could just as easily have been Germany, or Belgium, or any of the other member states.  That's how pooled sovereignty works in the EU.

31 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

It obviously isn't that.

I love that you call this a 'storm in a teacup', for a lot of reasons. 

You are not going to enjoy 2021 with such completely unrealistic ways of judging actual reality, I think. 

Take care. 

Good man.  :thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I'm not sure what "The Brussels" is, but no doubt it sounded pretty impressive in your own head.

The Commission didn't consult anyone.  Then we asked them to cop themselves on, and they did.  The whole storm in a teacup was over in about 8 hours.  Today it was our turn, but on another day it could just as easily have been Germany, or Belgium, or any of the other member states.  That's how pooled sovereignty works in the EU.

Clearly I meant Brussels and not "the" Brussels but I suspect you knew that but couldn't resist your default patronising position.  And as for odd phrases "cop themselves on"????

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why leave the EU and go straight into the TPP? 

Global Britain.

Plus USA might join it helping towards a trade deal. 

Adam_the_legend
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why leave the EU and go straight into the TPP? 

Because they aren’t even close to being the same thing? 

2 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Because they aren’t even close to being the same thing? 

Yippee let's stop trading with our neighbours and buy utter shite from the other side of the world. The UK in a Pacific bloc is up there with Israel playing in Europe. Stupidity. 

Edited by ri Alban

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Yippee let's stop trading with our neighbours and buy utter shite from the other side of the world. The UK in a Pacific bloc is up there with Israel playing in Europe. Stupidity. 

When did we stop trading with the EU?

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

When did we stop trading with the EU?

Clearly we haven’t stopped trading with the EU. What HAS happened is that we have decided to eliminate frictionless trade which will negatively impact our ability to trade with the EU - analysts are projecting a 30% reduction of trade between the U.K. and EU.

9 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Clearly I meant Brussels and not "the" Brussels but I suspect you knew that but couldn't resist your default patronising position.  And as for odd phrases "cop themselves on"????

I knew what you meant.  I was responding to the personalised nature of your post, but it was patronising.  Apologies for that.

As for the bit in bold, it's an example of how English gets used differently on this side of the Irish Sea.  It means to use a bit of common sense and not do the stupid thing they (in this case the Commission) were planning to do.  You'll often hear "catch" instead of "cop" in NI, as in "catch yourself on".

Seymour M Hersh
52 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I knew what you meant.  I was responding to the personalised nature of your post, but it was patronising.  Apologies for that.

As for the bit in bold, it's an example of how English gets used differently on this side of the Irish Sea.  It means to use a bit of common sense and not do the stupid thing they (in this case the Commission) were planning to do.  You'll often hear "catch" instead of "cop" in NI, as in "catch yourself on".

Every day a school day. :lol:

I see your PM saying he was blindsided by Brussels which imo, should be worrying to all EU countries that, even although they back tracked pronto, they (Brussels) still felt comfortable making a unilateral decision without consulting Germany. Clearly Mutti got right on the blower to VderL and gave her what for. I'll bet Krankie was spewing she missed out on that. :lol:

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Every day a school day. :lol:

I see your PM saying he was blindsided by Brussels which imo, should be worrying to all EU countries that, even although they back tracked pronto, they (Brussels) still felt comfortable making a unilateral decision without consulting Germany. Clearly Mutti got right on the blower to VderL and gave her what for. I'll bet Krankie was spewing she missed out on that. :lol:

I think a lot of people were blindsided by this, which is why I'm more inclined to blame it on cock-up rather than conspiracy.  I'd say there's a senior civil servant somewhere who's currently not looking forward to his/her next performance review.  :eek:

On the subject of every day being a school day: the Agreement provides that the EU should notify the UK (and vice versa) if it plans to invoke Article 16 of the Protocol.  But the sides didn't agree how or when that should be done.  They were bound to run into this problem at some point.  Hopefully they'll devise procedures so that if it has to happen again they'll communicate properly with each other.

Despite the goings on, the reality is that the two governments, all Ireland's opposition parties, probably all the UK's opposition parties (even the SNP) and all of the political parties in NI were agreed that the Commission screwed up badly.  That's a political achievement in itself.  :laugh: 

Twelve customs inspection officers at Northern Ireland's Larne port have been removed with immediate effect because of concerns for their safety amid rising tensions over post-Brexit checks.
Last week graffiti appeared on a wall near the port warning that all border officials were targets.
Staff also reported that individuals had been spotted taking down their number plate details.

Loyalists are unhappy at the reality of Brexit and the customs checks/extra paperwork involved.

Over to you, Boris.

4 hours ago, Cade said:

Twelve customs inspection officers at Northern Ireland's Larne port have been removed with immediate effect because of concerns for their safety amid rising tensions over post-Brexit checks.
Last week graffiti appeared on a wall near the port warning that all border officials were targets.
Staff also reported that individuals had been spotted taking down their number plate details.

Loyalists are unhappy at the reality of Brexit and the customs checks/extra paperwork involved.

Over to you, Boris.

People go in about a unified Ireland. But I don't think Ireland or England want NI, they'd rather they were an independent state of their own. 

Ah post brexit. The sun still rose in the east yesterday and then set in the west.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and got everything I needed. There was no panicking buying, and there was no rioting.

What a big disappointment for a fair few folk.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ah post brexit. The sun still rose in the east yesterday and then set in the west.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and got everything I needed. There was no panicking buying, and there was no rioting.

Will be for the "fair few" that have lost business or even their jobs but that doesn't fit in with your agenda though does it?

45 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That only happens after independence, is that right John. 

46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ah , the cultists  are here again. 

You didn't see the guy on BBC last night saying "it's easier to export to Calcutta than Calais" ? 

He went on at length at the bureaucracy , cost & time delays impacting his business, the chronic lack of trained customs agents in the UK. 

You missed all the job losses over the last 12 months and hit to GDP to date ?

But  you come on to troll people because there hasn't been any rioting (which actually originates from the governments own Yellowhammer paper) or panic buying ? 

manaliveits105

If yer no a krankie yer a troll 

you need to get badges and tshirts made 

badges badges I dont need your stinking badges !

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Will be for the "fair few" that have lost business or even their jobs but that doesn't fit in with your agenda though does it?

I havent got an agenda. All I am saying is that my life hasnt changed one iota due to brexit, just like millions of people's lives didnt change much when we joined the then EEC on the first of January nineteen seventy three. 

36 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ah , the cultists  are here again. 

You didn't see the guy on BBC last night saying "it's easier to export to Calcutta than Calais" ? 

He went on at length at the bureaucracy , cost & time delays impacting his business, the chronic lack of trained customs agents in the UK. 

You missed all the job losses over the last 12 months and hit to GDP to date ?

But  you come on to troll people because there hasn't been any rioting (which actually originates from the governments own Yellowhammer paper) or panic buying ? 

Cultists behave yourself.

We would be interested to know which cult I belong to?

Edited by John Findlay