Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Just now, jack D and coke said:

How did you take that from the article lol genuinely wondering?!

I didn't, just thinking of my big mate when you posted protestant. 

And they don't care about what the article says. And that's their right. 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I didn't, just thinking of my big mate when you posted protestant. 

And they don't care about what the article says. And that's their right. 

Ah right haha I thought you’d quoted the wrong post or something. 

Jan 29th: EU threatens to invoke Article 16. DUP explode, Tories explode, worldwide condemnation, threat withdrawn.

Feb 4th: UK threatens to invoke Article 16.

:rofl:

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

That would be @Francis Albert

I don't know if Justin is referring to me but if so his "interpretation" of what I said about the Irish border for "literal years" is just as wrong as it always was.

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s not popular with the Protestants but they get better off if they unified Ireland. 
ROI is a great economy and NI one of the poorest in Europe. 
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/brendan-boyle-work-on-irish-unity-referendum-must-start-now-1.4472396?mode=amp

A Hong Kong style arrangement would allow autonomy of the area and allow enough of a differentiation to satisfy people in my view. 

There are people who are just scared of what "some people" may do if reunification takes place - but i guess the thing is a terrorist is a terrorist regardless of their allegiance to a sect of the Christian faith so come down on them hard and stamp it out. 

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Mysterion said:

A Hong Kong style arrangement would allow autonomy of the area and allow enough of a differentiation to satisfy people in my view. 

There are people who are just scared of what "some people" may do if reunification takes place - but i guess the thing is a terrorist is a terrorist regardless of their allegiance to a sect of the Christian faith so come down on them hard and stamp it out. 

Do you mean the Hong Kong style arrangement  of the colonial era or that of the current arrangement under the Beijing regime? I don't think either is a good model.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Francis hard at work rewriting history

tenor.gif?itemid=9264828

I found it odd that in  "literal years" of claiming that a border would not breach the GFA no-one could specify the terms of the GFA  which prohibited it

Not even someone who bragged about being legally trained in two countries (continents even). 

Sensible people like Leo Vardakian did not make that claim but said a border would be against the spirit of the GFA and upset the delicate balance that brought peace to NI. Which I agreed with.

(Interestingly the EU seems to have recently agreed that a border would not breach the GFA. Alternatively were prepared to breach it anyway)

manaliveits105

Bank of England forecast we could be back to pre covid levels by next year 

GDP is projected to recover rapidly towards pre-COVID levels over 2021, as the vaccination programme is assumed to lead to an easing of COVID-related restrictions and people's health concerns," it said.

For 2022, the Bank predicts growth of 7.25%, up from a previously forecast 6.25%.

pound up today 

Good news indeed !:greggy:

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Bank of England forecast we could be back to pre covid levels by next year 

GDP is projected to recover rapidly towards pre-COVID levels over 2021, as the vaccination programme is assumed to lead to an easing of COVID-related restrictions and people's health concerns," it said.

For 2022, the Bank predicts growth of 7.25%, up from a previously forecast 6.25%.

pound up today 

Good news indeed !:greggy:

This is a thread about Brexit

Please explain how the U.K,  having deliberately set up barriers to trade, are now reaping economic benefits from this self-harm? And why, all of a sudden are Quitters choosing to listen to experts on the economy, when they consistently berated the same experts in the run up to the referendum?

Over to you.

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Please explain how the U.K,  having deliberately set up barriers to trade, are now reaping economic benefits from this self-harm? And why, all of a sudden are Quitters choosing to listen to experts on the economy, when they consistently berated the same experts in the run up to the referendum?

Over to you.

I'm sure you don't expect a coherent response...the guy got owned by Billy Goat Gruff...

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I'm sure you don't expect a coherent response...the guy got owned by Billy Goat Gruff...

:lol:

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Over to you.

Don't you think the EU sets up barriers to trade? Why are poor  farmers outside the EU subject to tariffs  while relatively rich EU farmers have huge EU subsidies?

The Real Maroonblood
51 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Explain what getting owned means, if either of you two utter geniuses of modern times, are willing to share your genius with us ordinary folk. 

:lol:

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Explain what getting owned means, if either of you two utter geniuses of modern times, are willing to share your genius with us ordinary folk. 

Konradge likes to fantasise and TRM happy to watch :oohmatron:

11 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Over to you.

Him and millions of voters like him don't care how bad the things No 10 and Westminster do are, or how much they lie, as long as it's the politicians they picked.

WorldChampions1902
15 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Don't you think the EU sets up barriers to trade? Why are poor  farmers outside the EU subject to tariffs  while relatively rich EU farmers have huge EU subsidies?

Of course the EU sets up barriers to trade!! They do so to protect their members best interests - that used to be for our benefit too, remember? Not now though. But, we DO “have our cake and eat it”, according to Bogjob.

The point is that Brexit was the first time in the history of international trade where both parties (the EU and U.K.), set out to impose greater barriers to their own trading arrangements! Absolutely bonkers, but we wanted our “Sovereignty” back and having got it, immediately gave some of it back on fishing, to clinch the overall deal! Which is why the fishing industry is P****d off. So much for “Sovereignty”. And we are now about to embark on years and years of further protracted negotiations with the EU, to polish the turd that is Brexit, in order to “improve”, the very thin deal that exists today. Which will of course require us to give up more of our Sovereignty !

Coming back to trade barriers, take a look at this real example of Brompton Bikes, who are now bemoaning leaving the EU, because they were protected from China dumping cheap bikes onto the U.K./EU markets. This is going to seriously impact their profitability. Remaining in the EU would have prevented such a scenario.

But they knew what they voted for - seemingly.

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/folding-bike-maker-brompton-performs-brexit-u-turn/

Edited by WorldChampions1902

On 03/02/2021 at 18:43, Cade said:

If Ireland was to be unified, then all of the customs and border stuff goes away.

:whistling:

Then they can come back into the UK then, can't they.

16 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Over to you.

Free trade should not require political union. 

The EU is a regulatory and suffocating titanic and we are well rid of it in the form of being a member. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

There was a piece about that on CNN earlier in the week. 

Not very good.

Also the paperwork involved was unbelievable. 

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Teething troubles.

Sunlit uplands.

But vaccines though, eh?

Brexit - a Unicornucopia of abject failure. Lots more to come. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Stop yer moaning you bloody traitors.

Look at these beauties instead.

That's all we need.

1434578115674.jpg

😄

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Stop yer moaning you bloody traitors.

Look at these beauties instead.

That's all we need.

1434578115674.jpg

Just a shout-out to @Governor Tarkin who I know loves photos like these. :)

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Of course the EU sets up barriers to trade!! They do so to protect their members best interests - that used to be for our benefit too, remember? Not now though. But, we DO “have our cake and eat it”, according to Bogjob.

The point is that Brexit was the first time in the history of international trade where both parties (the EU and U.K.), set out to impose greater barriers to their own trading arrangements! Absolutely bonkers, but we wanted our “Sovereignty” back and having got it, immediately gave some of it back on fishing, to clinch the overall deal! Which is why the fishing industry is P****d off. So much for “Sovereignty”. And we are now about to embark on years and years of further protracted negotiations with the EU, to polish the turd that is Brexit, in order to “improve”, the very thin deal that exists today. Which will of course require us to give up more of our Sovereignty !

Coming back to trade barriers, take a look at this real example of Brompton Bikes, who are now bemoaning leaving the EU, because they were protected from China dumping cheap bikes onto the U.K./EU markets. This is going to seriously impact their profitability. Remaining in the EU would have prevented such a scenario.

But they knew what they voted for - seemingly.

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/folding-bike-maker-brompton-performs-brexit-u-turn/

Good that we agree that the EU is a protectionist cartel of rich nations. That may well be in the best  economic interest of those countries. Time will tell. 

But the EU does mot own some moral high ground.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Teething troubles.

Sunlit uplands.

But vaccines though, eh?

C'mon, Thor - don't forget the blue passports.

An advantage of Brexit it seems

Von der Leyen compares UK Covid vaccine rollout to EU | Evening Standard

E

uropean Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has admitted the UK’s Covid vaccination programme is moving like a “speedboat” in comparison to the EU’s “tanker” rollout.

More than 10 million people have been offered a first dose of a coronavirus vaccine in the UK, while the EU has been moving at a much slower pace.

In an interview with 10 European news organisations, Ms von der Leyen said: "I'm aware that a country might be a speedboat and the EU more a tanker.

“Before concluding a contract with a pharmaceutical company, the 27 member states had five full days to say whether they agreed or not.

This naturally delays the process. Indeed, we must constantly put pressure on ourselves so that each step of the decision-making process is as fast and efficient as possible.

I find it stunning that the UK is claiming some sort of perverse "win" over the EU in terms of vaccinations when it has both the highest total death toll and the current highest deaths per day.

The best deflection tactics at work.

Do try to remember that AstraZenica is half Dutch and that the vaccine was made in Belgium by a Turkish immigrant with German citizenship.

UK simply forced it through the regulators faster.

Yes, the EU has been slowed by the need to consult with all 27 member states at each stage of the process, but then that's how equal unions work.

39 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I am 100% certain every human alive now, and in the future,  will instantly come to the exact same conclusion. 

You are a hero. 

The EU is not fundamentally flawed in anyway whatsoever.

Keep doing you.

Your posts are all fart and no jobby

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

https://apple.news/Aoq2uDfIaS6O-bOua_T5ZLg

tell Jimmy Krankie to stop bumpin her gums about it now 

our students can go worldwide - students can still come here but paid by their country or themselves 

Win win situation . But bumping her gums is what Sturgeon has done all her life. The "answer" is independence,  you just need to change the question and alter the facts to get there. Refusing to criticise the EU under any circumstances but harrumphing about the UK, Toaaaries, Trump, men, at every turn. An ideological bigot who bites the hand that feeds her.

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, kila said:

Your posts are all fart and no jobby

I like his posts...

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Win win situation . But bumping her gums is what Sturgeon has done all her life. The "answer" is independence,  you just need to change the question and alter the facts to get there. Refusing to criticise the EU under any circumstances but harrumphing about the UK, Toaaaries, Trump, men, at every turn. An ideological bigot who bites the hand that feeds her.

...but not as much as I like Enzo's.

:jj::wub:

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I like his posts...

...but not as much as I like Enzo's.

:jj::wub:

You know the score, Guvnor👍. We Unionists have to keep banging the drum.🥁