Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

So election rejected. 

You simply cannot defend Corbyn, the utter charlatan. 

We need to unlock parliament, one way or another. His desperation to shaft the tories means we have more of this absolute chaos. 

Simply put - he clearly doesn’t back his own policies to do well enough. Coward. 

disclaimer - it goes without saying that Johnson and the Conservatives remain the  instigators of this shambles and are complete arseholes. 

Labour will get destroyed in a GE i think , JC knows that. SNP and Lid Dems can help here and tbh it would suit them but on their terms. BJ should bite that hand off as he will skoosh a GE however my concern is if he does is a no deal Brexit happening.

Edited by sadj

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dobmisterdobster
20 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Election bid lost, despite 299 yes 70 No. all down to failing to meet the percentage required. What we doing New Years Eve? 

This was only the FTPA vote. It was always going to fail.

The real vote is tomorrow which will only require a simple majority.

With SNP and Lib Dem support we will have an election in December.

Just listening to Sky and Labour are ruling out a winter election cause it’s dark, students will have gone home, Christmas shopping will be disrupted and so on. Am I really hearing this!? 
I won’t be in the country in December as I’ll be on holiday so cancel any election plans, it’s not fair!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

With SNP and Lib Dem support we will have an election in December

There is already a split in these two parties. Not to mention the Tory’s themselves. Who knows about the others. So it’s not a guarantee even at 50% +1 

Operation Yellowhammer stood down. 😱😂😂😂😂😂

Libdems already reject election on the 12th December. 😂   

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Just listening to Sky and Labour are ruling out a winter election cause it’s dark, students will have gone home, Christmas shopping will be disrupted and so on. Am I really hearing this!? 
I won’t be in the country in December as I’ll be on holiday so cancel any election plans, it’s not fair!!!!! 

:rofl:

Not sure what the SNP strategy is.    Might be that they're trying to leverage Labour into some kind of pact or agreement.

LD strategy is to have an election at any cost before the necessity to have one disappears.    They probably forecast picking up 10-15 seats and holding a balance of power position in a hung parliament.   Straight up the Tory farter in coalition.     They'll have to compromise 0 of the 0 domestic policies they have so not too damaging for them.    

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not sure what the SNP strategy is.    Might be that they're trying to leverage Labour into some kind of pact or agreement.

LD strategy is to have an election at any cost before the necessity to have one disappears.    They probably forecast picking up 10-15 seats and holding a balance of power position in a hung parliament.   Straight up the Tory farter in coalition.     They'll have to compromise 0 of the 0 domestic policies they have so not too damaging for them.    

last Lib Dem , Tory coalition did a lot of damage to the Lib Dems. This election could repair that due to Labours implosion under JC. SNP id imagine want some sort of agreement to suit them in order to agree 299 is still well short of the required majority isnt it? 

Edited by sadj

dobmisterdobster
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

last Lib Dem , Tory coalition did a lot of damage to the Lib Dems. This election could repair that due to Labours implosion under JC. SNP id imagine want some sort of agreement to suit them in order to agree 299 is still well short of the required majority isnt it? 

Only about 17 short. I think. The SNP and Lib Dems want a date written into law so Boris can't change it.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Corbyn is the worst opposition leader there’s ever been. Couldn’t inspire his own throbber

All the posts you make that make my head explode are worth it for this one post alone 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Wonder if the SNP will push BJ to agree to a 2nd Indy Ref before backing any GE on the 9th? 

I think that is a non starter.

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Wonder if the SNP will push BJ to agree to a 2nd Indy Ref before backing any GE on the 9th? 

There's one part of me saying that he would never agree, but if Scotland were taken out of the mix, the Tories would be in a much stronger position for many years ahead due to the loss of all those pesky anti-Tory MPs elected in Scotland. And, given that a majority of Tories put Brexit above the Union, he would also be pandering to his electorate. God help the English/Welsh/Northern Irish in such a scenario, but the Tories could be in power in the remaining UK for decades if it happened. It must be very tempting...

Malinga the Swinga

If anyone wants to see what a human slimeball looks like, Kuldeep  Ranger is on Sky news attempting to try and bury his nose up Boris Johnsons backside with a condescending and superior attitude that even our own Mr Lawson would be hard pressed to achieve. Taking a lot of effort to stop me throwing a brick at the TV every time this piece of trash opens his mouth.

what has it come to when we have unelected toadies telling us what we want and what we should do. If you want to be part of the story, then don't try and hide behind others skirts, stand for election you tool and let us decide.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Corbyn is the worst opposition leader there’s ever been. Couldn’t inspire his own throbber

😆😆👍

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Probably well versed in the age old art of thumbing in a softie. 

Ch4 Dispatches about Trump’s plan for the NHS after Brexit tells you all you need to know. 
Privatisation, price increases up to £500m a week extra on top of what we pay now and being forced to take drugs we currently dont accept as value for money. 

But hey, the Brexit dividend will soon bounce into action after we leave...wont it???

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

There's one part of me saying that he would never agree, but if Scotland were taken out of the mix, the Tories would be in a much stronger position for many years ahead due to the loss of all those pesky anti-Tory MPs elected in Scotland. And, given that a majority of Tories put Brexit above the Union, he would also be pandering to his electorate. God help the English/Welsh/Northern Irish in such a scenario, but the Tories could be in power in the remaining UK for decades if it happened. It must be very tempting...

Correct. May would have won the 2017 election with a majority of around 15, despite a crap campaign and shambles of a manifesto. Even a weak Conservative Party would win most elections.

On the other hand, a reduced UK would slip further down the World pecking order and be very likely to be ousted from the UN security council etc.

A new flag would be needed too and a new name for the reduced country.

Even with all that I'm sure some more extreme Tories would be happy for it to happen.

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

'The SNP stand against Brexit and want independence - That is their stated objective and I don't believe anyone can argue against this.

The Conservatives want Brexit, couldn't give a **** about Scotland. That is their stated objective and I don't believe anyone can argue against this.

The Liberals stand against Brexit. That is their stated objective and I don't believe anyone can argue against this.

The Brexit party want Brexit at any cost, preferably a No Deal Brexit. - That is their stated objective and I don't believe anyone can argue against this..

What The **** is Labours position?

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

So election rejected. 

You simply cannot defend Corbyn, the utter charlatan. 

We need to unlock parliament, one way or another. His desperation to shaft the tories means we have more of this absolute chaos. 

Simply put - he clearly doesn’t back his own policies to do well enough. Coward. 

disclaimer - it goes without saying that Johnson and the Conservatives remain the  instigators of this shambles and are complete arseholes. 

This is where I am. Parliament has been a shambles for years now. 

Malinga the Swinga
14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Ch4 Dispatches about Trump’s plan for the NHS after Brexit tells you all you need to know. 
Privatisation, price increases up to £500m a week extra on top of what we pay now and being forced to take drugs we currently dont accept as value for money. 

But hey, the Brexit dividend will soon bounce into action after we leave...wont it???

Caught the last 20 minutes and have downloaded to watch complete programme later. Sadly, this will have no effect on most of the voting public or at least the part of the public who 'just want Brexit done'. For these people, whatever Boris says is good enough and they simply refuse to admit that anything negative can or will happen. They may come over as thick, selfish,xenophobic little Englanders but I am sure that isn't the case and that they, theTrue Believers will be proved correct in coming years.

God help us all.

22 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

On the other hand, a reduced UK would slip further down the World pecking order and be very likely to be ousted from the UN security council etc.

somethings I have never considered before. 

scott herbertson
26 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Correct. May would have won the 2017 election with a majority of around 15, despite a crap campaign and shambles of a manifesto. Even a weak Conservative Party would win most elections.

Even with all that I'm sure some more extreme Tories would be happy for it to happen.

New name's easy enough

Little Britain

scott herbertson
36 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Makes you wonder why they desperately, desperately don't want that to happen eh?

Especially as we are apparently a huge financial burden on them as well

It's almost as if they aren't telling the truth!

31 minutes ago, Cade said:

England&Wales

What about Northern Ireland? I know it's currently part of the UK but not Great Britain.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, SwindonJambo said:

What about Northern Ireland? I know it's currently part of the UK but not Great Britain.

I think the assumption is that if Brexit achieved, only a matter of time until Northern Ireland and Eire become United Ireland. The other assumption is Scotland votes for independence leaving England and lesser England (as Wales should be known) to become United as  Greater England.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I think the assumption is that if Brexit achieved, only a matter of time until Northern Ireland and Eire become United Ireland. The other assumption is Scotland votes for independence leaving England and lesser England (as Wales should be known) to become United as  Greater England.

The Welsh would never accept that!

I think it could be a while before we see a united Ireland. There's always been a sizeable chunk of the Catholic population (not the majority though) who are quietly happy to remain with the UK. Brexit could change that, depending on how it goes. Time will tell.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

The Welsh would never accept that!

I think it could be a while before we see a united Ireland. There's always been a sizeable chunk of the Catholic population (not the majority though) who are quietly happy to remain with the UK. Brexit could change that, depending on how it goes. Time will tell.

Don't believe the Welsh would object that much. Always thought that,  other than rugby, and probably football, they aren't separated by that much.

The Irish question is far harder to understand and resolve without offending some and annoying others therefore I will leave it others, some who know more and one who believes he does know every answer, to respond.

The Welsh will bend over and take the English boaby right up their collective farter, as they have done since the late middle ages.

When given the chance to vote for a proper devolved Parliament they shat the bed and voted for a parish council instead.

Edited by Cade

manaliveits105

Labour shitting themselves and Lib Dem’s and SNP running about gobbling like Turkeys approaching Xmas

Boris a certainty in GE and the will of the majority will prevail

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

WANGLAND! not mine 😂 accurate though

1E2B554A-353C-43D1-90BA-96A1D22D2B8E.jpeg

Edited by kingantti1874

On 27/10/2019 at 13:24, RobboM said:

I've looked on Jon Snow's twitter and can't find this tweet anywhere back to start of September

Fake News?

Could very well be--thanks for being more vigilant than me!

14 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

So are we having an election in December? Or has Corbyn shitting it caused this gridlock to continue?

Boris Johnson shitting debating his Withdrawal Deal is the immediate cause. 

9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Labour shitting themselves and Lib Dem’s and SNP running about gobbling like Turkeys approaching Xmas

Boris a certainty in GE and the will of the majority will prevail

Why do you think Boris Johnson hasn't allowed his EU Withdrawal Deal to be debated in Parliament.

Seems to be the most obvious thing to do. An election just delays all that and will make things worse if there is a hung Parliament. 

Corbyn has said, take no deal off the table and he will for a general election. 

Lib dems supporting a general election goes against their policy or preventing Brexit as surely they know that the tories will get a big majority in the next GE

11 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

New name's easy enough

Little Britain

A name used by Ptolemy to describe ireland (Great Britain being the bigger of the main british isles, ireland the smaller) and by the French to describe Brittany.

Labour strategy is to win an election.

Why would they agree to one when it doesn't suit them.

Boris has a EU deal which could be agreed in Parliament but prefers to keep us in EU and risk a Labour or Coalition Government. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Lib dems supporting a general election goes against their policy or preventing Brexit as surely they know that the tories will get a big majority in the next GE

I'm still think with a lot of technicalities to happen very quickly we could still leave this week. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm still think with a lot of technicalities to happen very quickly we could still leave this week. 

It won't happen because it would be an utter disaster, the blame will land on the Tories' doorstep and they'll be unelectable. 

If I hadn't just moved house I'd be offering you a 100 quid bet, it's not happening. 

38 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Could very well be--thanks for being more vigilant than me!

No problem Justin, it's understandable. The chief political reporters for BBC and ITN are parroting Fake News direct from No 10 with no recriminations. Who can tell anymore?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/british-journalists-have-become-part-of-johnsons-fake-news-machine/

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It won't happen because it would be an utter disaster, the blame will land on the Tories' doorstep and they'll be unelectable. 

If I hadn't just moved house I'd be offering you a 100 quid bet, it's not happening. 

Yeah

Would be in court on Friday facing jail time and also being barred from Parliament.

The technicalities are:

1. Boris has to accept the EU extension offer (should have done this by now)

2. EU confirms the legal draft 

3. Parliament agrees the legislation - which is Government presenting a 'statutory instrument' which is voted on. 

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

No problem Justin, it's understandable. The chief political reporters for BBC and ITN are parroting Fake News direct from No 10 with no recriminations. Who can tell anymore?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/british-journalists-have-become-part-of-johnsons-fake-news-machine/

Who can tell anymore indeed--thanks for the link. I did a bit of Google digging and the tweet did at one time exist--it was taken down, although I haven't found an explanation as to why. Maybe the figures were wrong and rather than issue a correction they just killed the tweet.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Would be in court on Friday facing jail time and also being barred from Parliament.

The technicalities are:

1. Boris has to accept the EU extension offer (should have done this by now)

2. EU confirms the legal draft 

3. Parliament agrees the legislation - which is Government presenting a 'statutory instrument' which is voted on. 

He did that yesterday and this time signed the letter as well.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/28/boris-johnson-writes-letter-eu-accepting-brexit-extension-11000123/

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

He did that yesterday and this time signed the letter as well.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/28/boris-johnson-writes-letter-eu-accepting-brexit-extension-11000123/

Cheers

The legalisation will probably be formally approved in Parliament on Thursday though he might need to do that today to get his election. 

23 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Corbyn has over the last few months laid down several conditions for his agreeing to hold an election, only to change or add new conditions whenever his previous conditions have been met, Johnson mentioned all these changes in Corbyn's position in the Commons yesterday, none of which Corbyn disputed.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Corbyn has over the last few months laid down several conditions for his agreeing to hold an election, only to change or add new conditions whenever his previous conditions have been met, Johnson mentioned all these changes in Corbyn's position in the Commons yesterday, none of which Corbyn disputed.

It's about winning. Why should Labour care. They have been playing politics with Brexit for 2 years. Why change.

It's a bigger question why Boris Johnson isn't willing to debate his Withdrawal Deal. He has a Deal they did well to get that allows Britain to leave the EU. He is playing politics too. 

Captain Sausage
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's about winning. Why should Labour care. They have been playing politics with Brexit for 2 years. Why change.

It's a bigger question why Boris Johnson isn't willing to debate his Withdrawal Deal. He has a Deal they did well to get that allows Britain to leave the EU. He is playing politics too. 

This attitude sums up everything wrong with British politics. People so entrenched in their views that they refuse to look at things with any modicum of impartiality. 

Johnson is a *****. I doubt you’ll find many people on here who would disagree. 

But talk of ‘winning’ - it should be about what is best for the country? Clearly the best thing for the country is to give the people the opportunity to unlock this omnishambles of a parliament. 

Corbyn is showing his true colours. Couldn’t give a **** about normal people, just wants power. 

edit - ‘why should they care?!?!’ I thought Labour was the party of the people, the compassionate party looking out for the people in society who can’t look after themselves? Why should they care about Brexit disproportionately impacting the poorest in our society? Wow. 

Edited by Captain Sausage

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )