Jump to content

Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )


jumpship

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Guarantee of EU membership, that lasted long. Time to ask again. 

 

Well thanks to all the SNP supporters including MSPs who voted for Brexit.

 

You'll need to wait at least 3 years probably double that until the terms of Leave is settled. Meantime the SNP government can either focus on the day job or lose even more credibility. Will be a different scenario. 

Edited by Mikey1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    1427

  • Victorian

    1280

  • Cade

    1218

  • ri Alban

    1168

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Draft agreement been published. It's 585 pages.

 

 

If anyone wants to read it, and summarise it...?

 

Or, wait until news outlets do it for us...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Well thanks to all the SNP supporters including MSPs who voted for Brexit.

 

You'll need to wait at least 3 years probably double that until the terms of Leave is settled. Meantime the SNP government can either focus on the day job or lose even more credibility. Will be a different scenario. 

 

And you think that the Tory Party and it's government has been concentrating on it's day job?     How much of the day job will be getting done by various departmental heads for the next month?

 

SNP day job my arse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

 

Not sure what your source is but I’d confidently refute that one.

 

Lift prices will be at least 3x that. 

 

Production Super. According to the OCS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Moggy's written to all Tory MP's with 4 reasons why they should vote it down.

 

:rofl:

 

Bullshit bluffs being called all round.    Mundell's imminent resignation remains pending.    Let's see them ERG letters to the party chairman then.    No post today,   aye?     Maybe tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

There is zero chance of this passing Parliament. Zero chance. Even by the standards of UK politics, Theresa May is a rare animal - someone with absolutely no acceptance of what’s going on around her. She’s wasting time on something which she should know is dead in the water.

 

I can’t understand why she didn’t bail out ages ago. She’s clinging to a job which humiliates her every day. Honestly a proper weirdo.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Draft agreement been published. It's 585 pages.

 

 

If anyone wants to read it, and summarise it...?

 

Or, wait until news outlets do it for us...

 

I wouldn’t trust them, to a man/woman they all push their own agendas. I’ve had a quick scan and to be honest to understand it you’d need to familiarise yourself with other documents re the EU membership. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

Wouldn't it be the Euro if Scotland was independent?

If the people vote for it. I certainly wouldn’t. I voted leave and I voted for independence. Still to hear a convincing argument why someone would vote for 1 union and not the other.

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

The valueless of a Scottish pound would cause more significant problems elsewhere if it were chosen and was junk.

 

Agree! That comment was more tongue in cheek 

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

 

I think you are making stuff up now unless you are talking about renewable energy.  The Scottish government will need to spend big on Nuclear to fill gaps in supply.

Dont know which part you are referring to? Are you arguing against Scotland being the energy capital of Europe? 

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

 

What effect is that having on tax take for the treasury?

 

Not sure. But would assume it’s a huge boost to the Norwegian treasury.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My first uneducated reading is as a withdrawal agreement it should pass. However to many people with various agendas may make it difficult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

 

Offshore construction supervisor. 

 

No disrespect but I doubt the PS or a contractor would have that detail. Lowest figure I’ve heard is $8, but it’s twisting stats to get to that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

 

Very good reply JJ. I remember that meeting.  Juncker is an arrogant self serving tosser and he and Cameron never got on.  When Cameron came home with nothing, he made himself a lame duck and I knew the remain campaign was in big trouble.  My point on Cameron goes back to his allowing of the referendum in the 1st place, assuming he'd win and shut up the Leavers in his own party, which as a political gamble, backfired horribly.

 

 

Yes all very true . Europe had always been the Achilles heel of the Tories and now we shall all suffer due to it . Europe dethroned that old witch Thatcher , nearly Major and certainly Cameron . This will not pass parliament . A general election is needed with each party making a clear statement in their manifesto re Brexit , hard , soft or stay . It really is that simple . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes all very true . Europe had always been the Achilles heel of the Tories and now we shall all suffer due to it . Europe dethroned that old witch Thatcher , nearly Major and certainly Cameron . This will not pass parliament . A general election is needed with each party making a clear statement in their manifesto re Brexit , hard , soft or stay . It really is that simple . 

 

Its easier said than done. You’d need to go to electorate with an agreed deal. Other than staying in the EU you can’t say what an agreed deal is unless it’s been negotiated and signed off by the EU and the UK. Catch 22!? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 of the 29 Cabinet members against the deal.

 

Oddly, Herr Gove was for it.

 

Esther McVey involved in shouting matches with the Chief Whip and Cabinet Secretary.

 

:clyay:

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

 

No disrespect but I doubt the PS or a contractor would have that detail. Lowest figure I’ve heard is $8, but it’s twisting stats to get to that. 

 

None taken. He had no reason to lie and it certainly didn’t seem like that information was secret on the platform. Think you might be surprised what information / gossip goes on Offshore.

 

Apache circa $25 

 

CNR $30

 

All just rumours of course but the figures must come from somewhere. 

 

Anyway, the point was that the cost to get the oil out the ground has massively reduced ( partly due to wage cuts / weak pound / job losses etc.) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

UKIP's response

 

In the morning we can expect a complete betrayal of the referendum result. Mrs May has threatened the cabinet with accepting her Not Really Leaving the EU Deal or the threat of a general election and the spectre of a Corbyn Marxist government.

This is exactly what I have predicted since the historic and spectacular referendum result. Ukip’s position is unilateral and unconditional withdrawal.

The real struggle to leave the EU now begins in earnest. UKIP will never give up the fight for a complete and total exit from the EU.

If this surrender deal is implemented, UKIP will be the political resistance movement, fighting on the electoral beaches, fields, lanes, and landing grounds. UKIP will never surrender.

 

 

typing.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

UKIP's response

 

In the morning we can expect a complete betrayal of the referendum result. Mrs May has threatened the cabinet with accepting her Not Really Leaving the EU Deal or the threat of a general election and the spectre of a Corbyn Marxist government.

This is exactly what I have predicted since the historic and spectacular referendum result. Ukip’s position is unilateral and unconditional withdrawal.

The real struggle to leave the EU now begins in earnest. UKIP will never give up the fight for a complete and total exit from the EU.

If this surrender deal is implemented, UKIP will be the political resistance movement, fighting on the electoral beaches, fields, lanes, and landing grounds. UKIP will never surrender.

 

 

typing.gif

Echoes of Churchill.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Car Insurance Dog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Echoes of Churchill.

 

We hope to reach again a Europe united but purged of the slavery of ancient, classical times, a Europe in which men will be proud to say:
‘I am a European.’
We hope to see a Europe where men of every country will think as much of being a European as of belonging to their native land, and that without losing any of their love and loyalty of their birthplace.
We hope wherever they go in this wide domain, to which we set no limits in the European Continent, they will truly feel:
‘Here I am at home. I am a citizen of this country too.’
Let us meet together. Let us work together. Let us do our utmost – all that is in us – for the good of all.
Winston Churchill, 9th May, 1948.

 

This guy?! ::troll::
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage
7 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

 

None taken. He had no reason to lie and it certainly didn’t seem like that information was secret on the platform. Think you might be surprised what information / gossip goes on Offshore.

 

Apache circa $25 

 

CNR $30

 

All just rumours of course but the figures must come from somewhere. 

 

Anyway, the point was that the cost to get the oil out the ground has massively reduced ( partly due to wage cuts / weak pound / job losses etc.) 

 

?

It is definitely the lowest lift cost in the BP NS portfolio, but a monstrous CAPEX on AAD somewhat skews that. Add in the reservoir production decline incoming and it’s a nice cash cow that’ll quickly turn into a headache. Rumour has it Andrew almost went with Bruce for that exact reason. 

 

Gossip...offshore. I don’t believe it :lol:

 

Some of the misinformation is quite staggering when those boys get involved!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Draft agreement been published. It's 585 pages.

 

 

If anyone wants to read it, and summarise it...?

 

Or, wait until news outlets do it for us...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

 

?

It is definitely the lowest lift cost in the BP NS portfolio, but a monstrous CAPEX on AAD somewhat skews that. Add in the reservoir production decline incoming and it’s a nice cash cow that’ll quickly turn into a headache. Rumour has it Andrew almost went with Bruce for that exact reason. 

At 40,000 BOE p/d it’s one hell of a cash cow. There were talks of repair / maintenance of the rig for drilling which will never happen (whole piping systems missing / abandoned). Easily the worst welfare in the North Sea. 

 

BP don’t seem to care much for maintenance for mature fields (see Magnus, forties, Unity etc) so certainly wouldn’t listen to them for North Sea future prospects.

 

17 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Gossip...offshore. I don’t believe it :lol:

 

Some of the misinformation is quite staggering when those boys get involved!

 

Likewise how little onshore know what goes on on the platform! “We’ll sort this offshore lads” ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Would. 

Correct answer.  She was the face of Channel 5 when it launched 20 years ago.  She was incredible back then!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

At 40,000 BOE p/d it’s one hell of a cash cow. There were talks of repair / maintenance of the rig for drilling which will never happen (whole piping systems missing / abandoned). Easily the worst welfare in the North Sea. 

 

BP don’t seem to care much for maintenance for mature fields (see Magnus, forties, Unity etc) so certainly wouldn’t listen to them for North Sea future prospects.

 

 

Likewise how little onshore know what goes on on the platform! “We’ll sort this offshore lads” ?

I did a contract for Rentokil on a Rigg that was in Invergordon, we had to go through all the rooms, never seen as porn in my life????

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Correct answer.  She was the face of Channel 5 when it launched 20 years ago.  She was incredible back then!!!

 

Google images back up "would".   Jury is out on "incredible".

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I did a contract for Rentokil on a Rigg that was in Invergordon, we had to go through all the rooms, never seen as porn in my life????

 

VPN and a night shift is the way to go!! ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

<incredible

 

Surely not incredible.    

 

Would but.  Obv.

No, I'm with you there. I don't agree with much of what she says or does now, to be honest...but the 90's for her, were very kind...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There is zero chance of this passing Parliament. Zero chance. Even by the standards of UK politics, Theresa May is a rare animal - someone with absolutely no acceptance of what’s going on around her. She’s wasting time on something which she should know is dead in the water.

 

I can’t understand why she didn’t bail out ages ago. She’s clinging to a job which humiliates her every day. Honestly a proper weirdo.

 

 

Maybe but at least this deal genuinely seems to be an attempt to do the least damage to UK.  People burying their head in sand and hoping we just remain and it all goes away are delusional.  Labour and their ludicrous tests will vote it down and risk no deal to trigger a general election - putting own needs before hours, does anyone know their party position yet?!  SNP will do same to further cause of indyref2.  

 

Say what you want but at least she is trying to get us through this cluster**** with the least damage possible which is more than anyone else is doing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Well thanks to all the SNP supporters including MSPs who voted for Brexit.

 

You'll need to wait at least 3 years probably double that until the terms of Leave is settled. Meantime the SNP government can either focus on the day job or lose even more credibility. Will be a different scenario. 

Not an son voter nor a msp.

 

But as an Indy brexit voter you are welcome.

The terms of any relationship fluid.

The collective will of the UK  is being expressed.

The EU are together and strong in their voice.

The UK is fractured and the workings of democracy is not easy.

 

But because it's so difficult to get out should imo stir people's doubts.

At least

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Maybe but at least this deal genuinely seems to be an attempt to do the least damage to UK.  People burying their head in sand and hoping we just remain and it all goes away are delusional.  Labour and their ludicrous tests will vote it down and risk no deal to trigger a general election - putting own needs before hours, does anyone know their party position yet?!  SNP will do same to further cause of indyref2.  

 

Say what you want but at least she is trying to get us through this cluster**** with the least damage possible which is more than anyone else is doing. 

 

 

There’s a lot of truth in that. I’m no fan of May but this deal has to be better than no deal. There is no kind of deal which will please the majority so a messy compromise.  Her opponents are rubbing their hands at the opportunity to topple her, without showing what they would do instead, Labour especially. All they have to do is protest.

 

Political ambition first, the good of the country 2nd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Thor

I saw Rees Moggs letter to fellow half wits on twitter.

 

Apparently 39 billion would pay for 26,000 nurses for 40 years.

 

He should put that kind of shit on the side of a bus. That would be a sure fire winner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I saw Rees Moggs letter to fellow half wits on twitter.

 

Apparently 39 billion would pay for 26,000 nurses for 40 years.

 

He should put that kind of shit on the side of a bus. That would be a sure fire winner.

 

You're giving them credit there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I saw Rees Moggs letter to fellow half wits on twitter.

 

Apparently 39 billion would pay for 26,000 nurses for 40 years.

 

He should put that kind of shit on the side of a bus. That would be a sure fire winner.

Is the math wrong ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Is the math wrong ?

Probably not.

But there’s no chance of him and his cronies spending it on nurses. You’d think that after the bus slogan, that nobody has owned up to since, they’d stop using the NHS as a potential beneficiary of Brexit.

They lied then and they’re still lying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing is a mess, Westminster is a world wide joke,  Tories have only just realised they don't just hate everyone else, they hate each other,  Labour are a rudderless  barge controlled by morons.  The public are split in two halves, one half  are screaming "we are f#@£ed" and the other half who haven't got a clue what they voted for but just keep shouting "out means out"

 

Happy days....

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jumpship said:

The whole thing is a mess, Westminster is a world wide joke,  Tories have only just realised they don't just hate everyone else, they hate each other,  Labour are a rudderless  barge controlled by morons.  The public are split in two halves, one half  are screaming "we are f#@£ed" and the other half who haven't got a clue what they voted for but just keep shouting "out means out"

 

Happy days....

 

 

This is the best summary I’ve read on the matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

GMTV halfwits are telling the cabinet to change their minds not quite sure what the media agenda is but they need brought down a peg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

I remember the 2014 vote was to settle the question for a generation typically 20 years 

TBF, after the lies about voting no to stay in the EU, there should be another referendum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Surgeon already trashed the deal, eh. Witch furious that a deal might work and sink her beyond bankrupt ref2 agenda. Not fooling me.

 

Yeah it's all about the SNP right enough.

 

:cornette:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...