Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Good chance.  The question is, who replaces her?

If it’s Boris then Scottish Independence will become a reality. 

Even the ERG maniacs are now fracturing.    One faction want a Tory leadership contest, the others want to defeat the commons vote first.

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So how is May going to get a majority in Parliament? 

She's not, she's been told repeatedly today and she knows it. Seems to me she is now saying (and has said it several times) that if MPs vote her deal down it's their problem and  constituents will blame their MPs. She almost seems to be saying MPs have a moral obligation to accept the deal because that's what the referendum requires them to do. She will not accept that the referendum  result was not an endorsement of her deal , even tho she has been told - it's not what people voted for. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

She's not, she's been told repeatedly today and she knows it. Seems to me she is now saying (and has said it several times) that if MPs vote her deal down it's their problem and  constituents will blame their MPs. She almost seems to be saying MPs have a moral obligation to accept the deal because that's what the referendum requires them to do. She will not accept that the referendum  result was not an endorsement of her deal , even tho she has been told - it's not what people voted for. 

I guess the argument is basically this IS Brexit. Forget any other of the bullshit promises from the referendum campaign, forget any of the bullshit grandstanding from BoJo et al because they were ALL involved in this negotiation process. This IS as good as Brexit gets .... and it's a ****ing car crash!

14 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If it’s Boris then Scottish Independence will become a reality. 

That would be a daft, knee jerk reaction if you were otherwise inclined to vote against.  He'd get one term, if that. Probably serve out the rest of this one, then lose an election. 

If however, we were to get a succession of Boris like PMs repeatedly winning elections then I agree that Indy would have a very high chance of happening.

...a bit disco

Steve Baker says ‘We’ve tried everything to change policy but not the Prime Minister but it has not worked. It is too late. We need a new leader.’- another letter that could tip the balance over 48

The letters need to be individually confirmed by Graham Brady before they are activated.     Looks like the letters are there but not sure why and when Brady then contacts each MP.

11 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I guess the argument is basically this IS Brexit. Forget any other of the bullshit promises from the referendum campaign, forget any of the bullshit grandstanding from BoJo et al because they were ALL involved in this negotiation process. This IS as good as Brexit gets .... and it's a ****ing car crash!

Agreed, and I think she tried to make that point in the early part of her speech this morning (as another poster pointed out) : the EU simply refused to negotiate on many key points. 

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Mogg kicking the **** out of Mays corpse as we speak.

That guy shouting in the background sounds like the same guy that is always there 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

That guy shouting in the background sounds like the same guy that is always there 

Kudos for his dedication to the cause like.

Just now, RobboM said:

Well there's another to add to the list of goods needing to be stockpiled! ?

:D I think we can all have a good laugh at that one, whatever our views.

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

She was in an impossible situation, I'd go that far. She put Brexiters into the negotiations and they failed. She admitted in her speech this morning that EU refused to budge on many issues. 

She appointed Oliver Robbins as chief negotiator.

As I suspected the country is run by senior civil servants.

They had the hump when call me Dave called the referendum and were apoplectic when leave won.

Hence this laughable deal.

If voting changed anything eh.

2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

To a large degree it is.  It's  also a rejection of the EU deciding our laws for us.  I have criticisms of the EU, but I still voted remain on the basis that it's probably better being inside the tent pissing out than vice versa.

Hear that argument get blown out the water before, what EU laws are you against? 

No brexit voter could answer it.. 

Brexit was fear of mass emigration whipped up by UKIP and right wing Tories..  

I also read that new EU laws that were coming into effect about people keeping money over seas.. something that the elite do in the UK... 

Edited by jumpship

12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Tory minister tells me if Brexiteers vote down Deal -he and others will openly campaign for a second referendum and to stay in EU.

It's looking that way still be a relatively close vote imo.

Still puts that hoary old chestnut to bed about British electorate not caring about the EU

2 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Hear that argument get blown out the water before, what EU laws are you against? 

No brexit voter could answer it.. 

Brexit was fear of mass emigration whipped up by UKIP and right wing Tories..  

Decided in committee nodded through in EU parliament.

If you think you can change that mentality within the EU structure prepare to be disappointed.

I'd have more respect for them if they came out and and said what their end game was.

A bigger shower of shite as anything we have this side of the channel.

20 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Tory minister tells me if Brexiteers vote down Deal -he and others will openly campaign for a second referendum and to stay in EU.

Goes some way to showing that some Tories at least have eventually realised just how badly this has been handled and that something drastic has to be done to pull back from the edge.

We were all sold an absolute pup regarding Brexit and how well it would be delivered.    Even the Tories themselves.     Some have sobered up.

21 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

It makes sense.

There is a majority in Parliament for staying in EU though most respect the referendum result.

The suspicion is the Brexit supporters want No Deal.

So as above it could become No Deal v Remain. 

Re this “people’s vote” on the deal or no deal or stick. The current ho-ha is over a transition period. Nobody has seen the final deal because to date it’s nowhere near ready. So we will be voting blind once again which is the irony of irony’s when it comes to asking the people to vote once again on leaving the EU. 

...a bit disco

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Gove will ONLY become Theresa May's Brexit Secretary if he can renegotiate her deal and the November 25 EU summit is scrapped. And he is STILL weighing up whether to quit Cabinet...

6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Gove will ONLY become Theresa May's Brexit Secretary if he can renegotiate her deal and the November 25 EU summit is scrapped. And he is STILL weighing up whether to quit Cabinet...

Michael Gove. 

****ing Hell. 

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Embarrassing stuff for the PM if this happens.    How much worse could it be for her reputation?       They've reached rock bottom.

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Sick of politics. Everyone of them snakes. 

3 minutes ago, moz said:

Alim nails it.....

This is where I am at with it all

Maybe that's the aim...

They are all as mad as a box of frogs, anyone that thinks extracting the UK from the EU after 40 odd years without any ramifications are mad. There are a lot!!  of personal political agendas going on and guess who will suffer.....yup the ordinary punter as usual.

13 minutes ago, Boris said:

Maybe that's the aim...

They want empathy throughout the masses..?....of course, keep us quiet and in our place

Second referendum..?, would be a different outcome , of that im sure

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Is there a bigger gimp that David Mundell. Mays loyal dug ?

Sycophantic wee wank that he is.

Reports that Gove has been offered Brexit Secretary but will only accept it if he can negotiate a different deal. May presser at 5pm. Might get an update on Souttar's injury in that.

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I think she's offski.  Apparently the 48 seat threshold for a confidence vote has been reached.

I’d be very surprised if a) she resigned today and b ) the 48 seat threshold has been reached....yet.

Expect more of the same from her at 5pm.

17 minutes ago, moz said:

They want empathy throughout the masses..?....of course, keep us quiet and in our place

Second referendum..?, would be a different outcome , of that im sure

Haha, I was meaning more that the public disengage with politics allowing them free rein.

34 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Reports that Gove has been offered Brexit Secretary but will only accept it if he can negotiate a different deal. May presser at 5pm. Might get an update on Souttar's injury in that.

Utter snake who Cameron thought only went over to the Brexit side because he was looking to his future and not his personal beliefs. 

He's probably not keen because , allegedly, 20 Tory MPs will come out in support of a 2nd referendum after this shit show gets voted down. Add in the dozen or so Labour MPs I saw in the Commons debate today and there might be a genuine possibility of another referendum. 

18 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

What a bloody mess.

Thanks UK. Thanks.

Thank the Conservative Party.

All comes from their long running civil war on Europe.

Sky data poll indicating that 54% of those surveyed would vote to stay in the EU if there were a second referendum.

Allowing for the usual tolerance of what is it 4-6% or something like that, all this shows is that a second vote would be as close if not closer than the first one.

Yet the likes of Blair think a second referendum would unite the country, if anything it'll divide the country* even more.

*By country I mean the whole of the UK.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thank the Conservative Party.

All comes from their long running civil war on Europe.

Precisely.  Other than UKIP, there was no demand for one from any other party

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )