Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bristol jamboree 10

Irish border will be a hard one.As for Scotland oil was priced at $110 a barrel.Have to find £30b just to stand still.The jobs are heading from Scotland to England then over the Channel.WOULD CARDIFF AND SWANSEA resign from English league and join the Welsh league.Would Hearts join the English League.Europe is where the money is.Hearts with extra £200m a year in Premier league..That is the U K with Brexit Welsh League.

Bristol jamboree 10

The Eastern Europeans are heading home.Exchange rate is a start.As they leave  factories shut no staff.Unemployment goes up less money to spend on N H S(if it's still there)Workers go where the money is.E U citizens can go any where for work.We are stuck in U K because no one wants us and we can't leave need a work permit.We have no money or jobs.Welcome to Brexit.

4 hours ago, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

The Eastern Europeans are heading home.Exchange rate is a start.As they leave  factories shut no staff.Unemployment goes up less money to spend on N H S(if it's still there)Workers go where the money is.E U citizens can go any where for work.We are stuck in U K because no one wants us and we can't leave need a work permit.We have no money or jobs.Welcome to Brexit.

Brexit-3-650.jpg

12 hours ago, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

Where would Scotland be if the vote had went the other way.S N P would say we are free.Where is the money and jobs.Scotland poorer than some Pacific Island.

Are you talking to yourself there. Scotland poorer than who, exactly? You should actually find out who supplies this island with what, when it comes to fuel, agriculture, water etc... But I forgot, countries don't want it unless it's British.

13 hours ago, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

Where would Scotland be if the vote had went the other way.S N P would say we are free.Where is the money and jobs.Scotland poorer than some Pacific Island.

Probably in the EU.

The Continental Op
18 hours ago, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

Irish border will be a hard one.As for Scotland oil was priced at $110 a barrel.Have to find £30b just to stand still.The jobs are heading from Scotland to England then over the Channel.WOULD CARDIFF AND SWANSEA resign from English league and join the Welsh league.Would Hearts join the English League.Europe is where the money is.Hearts with extra £200m a year in Premier league..That is the U K with Brexit Welsh League.

Due to improvements in efficiency/technology, The N Sea oil companies are making more profit today at $60 per barrel than the did previously at $100+. The opportunity to restructure the tax regime is available for new fields is there.

Norway earned £7 billion form N sea taxes and licenses and £9 billion from its state-owned industry share and dividends in 2016 from a little less than twice the UK's output, whereas the UK made a loss - that should tell you about the missed opportunities.

44 minutes ago, jake said:

Headline different from content in so much as he says the EU was not essential further into the piece.

No it isn't.  He says that the EU was not essential in the talks themselves (true, because the EU had pretty much no role in the talks) but that the negotiations themselves would never have taken place outside of the Union.

To understand that, you should read paragraph 3 of the Downing Street Declaration, which was issued jointly in December 1993 by the PM and the Taoiseach of the day, John Major and Albert Reynolds.  The Declaration went on to be a central element of the Good Friday Agreement, and paragraph 3 recognised the position of Ireland and the UK as partners in the EU.

The Good Friday Agreement, the political process involving the parties in NI, Britain and Ireland, and the peaceful co-existence that flows from those are all built on the fact that there is no visible or apparent border on this island.  If such a border were to come into existence then the free movement of people and goods around this island would stop, and thousands of cross-border economic, social, cultural and political linkages in existence would be cut off.  This would lead to both economic damage and a collapse of political co-operation, and almost inevitably the vacuum created would be filled by paramilitarism, republican and loyalist.

9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

No it isn't.  He says that the EU was not essential in the talks themselves (true, because the EU had pretty much no role in the talks) but that the negotiations themselves would never have taken place outside of the Union.

To understand that, you should read paragraph 3 of the Downing Street Declaration, which was issued jointly in December 1993 by the PM and the Taoiseach of the day, John Major and Albert Reynolds.  The Declaration went on to be a central element of the Good Friday Agreement, and paragraph 3 recognised the position of Ireland and the UK as partners in the EU.

The Good Friday Agreement, the political process involving the parties in NI, Britain and Ireland, and the peaceful co-existence that flows from those are all built on the fact that there is no visible or apparent border on this island.  If such a border were to come into existence then the free movement of people and goods around this island would stop, and thousands of cross-border economic, social, cultural and political linkages in existence would be cut off.  This would lead to both economic damage and a collapse of political co-operation, and almost inevitably the vacuum created would be filled by paramilitarism, republican and loyalist.

Thanks for good reply.

I do think the headline misleading.

Although we can never know I do think the political will at the time would have seen the same results without the EU.

But that's only my thoughts and they will be biased.

On 12/29/2017 at 17:35, jake said:

I do think the headline misleading.

Although we can never know I do think the political will at the time would have seen the same results without the EU.

But that's only my thoughts and they will be biased.

You have no good reason for thinking the headline was misleading.  The headline points exactly to what was said in the article.

You can never know what would have happened, but George Mitchell can.  And without Ireland and the UK both being members of the EU it would simply have been impossible to reach the agreement that they did.

Biases are neither here nor there.  What's important is that the deal has worked, and that it is secured into the future. 

Imagine the numbers of court cases that will result from inexperienced, unprofessional volunteers turning folk away or acting like wee hitlers at border control

:vrface: 

On 11/12/2017 at 08:23, redjambo said:

Unemployment rates as most recently reported:

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/unemployment-rate

European countries:

Liechtenstein 2.3%

Switzerland 3.1%

Czechia 3.5%

Iceland 3.6%

Germany 3.6%

Norway 4.0%

Hungary 4.0%

Malta 4.1%

UK 4.3%

Denmark 4.3%

Your figures don't add up look at this chart (Oct 2017)  Double what your view is and infact lists Countries you have not included Spain,Italy the 2 biggest in the EU 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/268830/unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

3 minutes ago, samgolden said:

Your figures don't add up look at this chart (Oct 2017)  Double what your view is and infact lists Countries you have not included Spain,Italy the 2 biggest in the EU 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/268830/unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

I listed the countries with the smallest rates of unemployment, because that was what the argument was about.

They weren't my figures. They were figures I obtained from a statistics source on the web (as did you) which, on the greater part, purport to be more up-to-date than yours.

Francis Albert
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:56, Cade said:

Imagine the numbers of court cases that will result from inexperienced, unprofessional volunteers turning folk away or acting like wee hitlers at border control

:vrface: 

I am not sure many would notice much difference as far as personal encounters with border control, here and elsewhere, were concerned. In fact volunteers might even be more friendly. Fortunately it is mostly done my machine now.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not sure many would notice much difference as far as personal encounters with border control, here and elsewhere, were concerned. In fact volunteers might even be more friendly. Fortunately it is mostly done my machine now.

Perhaps they could redeploy all the doctors you want to sack.  :rofl:

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Perhaps they could redeploy all the doctors you want to sack.  :rofl:

There is a germ of an idea there. Border Control people would I think be less inclined to dish out antibiotics and anti-depressant drugs on the scale that has created a bit of an epidemic in the UK. And GPs would doubtless be more friendly than Border Control people.

32 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

You're all getting your blue passports back, and apparently it's 'cos of Brexit.  Yaaaaaaayyyy!  Go Brexit! :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Passport colour was always in the hands of member states.

The UK chose to go maroon.

We could have gone blue at any time.

Yaaaayyy........boooooooooo

Of course those who cheerlead the remain cause are the only ones who seem to be interested in these low brow point scoring type of non issues.

I suppose when reading tabloid type scare stories in rags such as the Guardian it has an effect.

Thankfully the voting public could look beyond this and the more intelligent amongst us voted to leave.

?

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

Passport colour was always in the hands of member states.

The UK chose to go maroon.

We could have gone blue at any time.

I know. Look at Croatia. 

Space Mackerel

Remember, jake thought Donald Trump was going to bring peace and harmony across the Middle East and pretty much the whole of  Earth pre The US elections :lol: 

Edited by Space Mackerel

44 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Remember, jake thought Donald Trump was going to bring peace and harmony across the Middle East and pretty much the whole of  Earth pre The US elections :lol: 

Did I ?

Look space there is plenty to rip me about but you just made that up. 

That's annoyed me a wee bit space.

Edited by jake
Annoyed

4 hours ago, jake said:

Yaaaayyy........boooooooooo

Of course those who cheerlead the remain cause are the only ones who seem to be interested in these low brow point scoring type of non issues.

I suppose when reading tabloid type scare stories in rags such as the Guardian it has an effect.

Thankfully the voting public could look beyond this and the more intelligent amongst us voted to leave.

?

Did u abstain.

5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

You're all getting your blue passports back, and apparently it's 'cos of Brexit.  Yaaaaaaayyyy!  Go Brexit! :rofl:

Were they not black before? They've probably made them blue to annoy the SNP.

Bristol jamboree 10

Never had to change passport cover.Most goods come by tunnel.Built because of free trade.No space for customs to check lorries.Old docks now built on penthouse flats.Europe has to stay strong so it can destroy this country.Bottom line stay in or die.

David Dave Davison Davis moaning that the EU is making contingency plans for a "no deal" outcome.

He's been threatening to walk out with no deal since this whole thing began.

Then complains when the EU call his bluff.

:rofl: 

Phillip Hammond moaning that the EU won't tell the UK what kind of future relationship it want with us.

Hint: It would ideally want us to cancel Brexit and become a normal EU member with no special rebates, opt outs and concessions ya dick.

We're the ones leaving, so it's up to us to tell them what we want.

The UK government is a complete shambles.

Edited by Cade

28 minutes ago, Cade said:

David Dave Davison Davis moaning that the EU is making contingency plans for a "no deal" outcome.

He's been threatening to walk out with no deal since this whole thing began.

Then complains when the EU call his bluff.

Phillip Hammond moaning that the EU won't tell the UK what kind of future relationship it want with us.

Hint: It would ideally want us to cancel Brexit and become a normal EU member with no special rebates, opt outs and concessions ya dick.

We're the ones leaving, so it's up to us to tell them what we want.

The UK government is a complete shambles.

So shall we take the hint and ignore democracy.

Very EU.

You should read the article I posted.

Surprisingly in the Guardian.

People like you who constantly cry wolf about brexit are being ignored.

Though ironically not by me.

?

On 08/01/2018 at 15:56, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

Never had to change passport cover.Most goods come by tunnel.Built because of free trade.No space for customs to check lorries.Old docks now built on penthouse flats.Europe has to stay strong so it can destroy this country.Bottom line stay in or die.

Mate that's healthy blow your on.

On 08/01/2018 at 04:38, ri Alban said:

Up front VAT bills now.(for businesses)

Get that scare story from the Guardian per chance.

Honestly Aussie .

You think you would recognise the narrative.

Could perhaps maybe in this vat thing .

Followed up by a wee bit at the end giving the reality.

48 minutes ago, jake said:

Get that scare story from the Guardian per chance.

Honestly Aussie .

You think you would recognise the narrative.

Could perhaps maybe in this vat thing .

Followed up by a wee bit at the end giving the reality.

Do I need to put things next to quotes. Just posting random bollox to the thread. Scott.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Do I need to put things next to quotes. Just posting random bollox to the thread. Scott.

Oh ok Aussie .

Sorry.

So up front vat bills just randomly appeared in your head.

5 hours ago, jake said:

Oh ok Aussie .

Sorry.

So up front vat bills just randomly appeared in your head.

No I've news pop ups on my google home page. Mostly Hearts, Scotland, Indy, SNP and Brexit news. So I post what comes up if I think it's relevant, what about you, Ragnar?

31 minutes ago, Cade said:

Fuhrer Farage calling for a 2nd referendum now

Apparently because people are whinging about a result they didn't like and a new vote will finally shut them up.

Lest we forget Nigel Farage has stood and failed to become a member of parliament 7 times.

Bristol jamboree 10

To early for new vote.Wait till facts kick in.No jobs no money no food.Then we can vote October November 2018.Remember only 37% voted to leave on the 100% able to vote.I would expect a bigger turn out for new referendum.Result 65% to remain.

If it's taken Merkel more than 3 months to negotiate a coalition government in Germany there isn't much hope that any Brexit deal will be done within the time frames.  Quite a high price to pay in terms of the German Euro vision as well.

• 1 month later...
  • davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )