Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

24 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He has resigned to spend more time learning about the Dover-Calais crossing.

He does know we got a tunnel too, right ? ?

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Original Brexit Secretary legged it after spending 15 minutes in negotiations.   2nd one legs it in opposition to his own compromise proposal.

****ing idiots like.

Raab C Brexit ? 

The problem as I see it is everyone has their own agendas, their own ideas of a Brexit deal and what they see as a good deal, a bad deal, a no deal, a status quo. Throw in party ambitions like Labour who want the keys to number 10 and are doing everything they can to oust May. Not to mention the back stabbers in the Tory party, the DUP who have their own agenda as do the SNP. Let’s not forget the EU. 

Now work out a satisfactory deal from that lot. Bottom line is you can’t.

Edited by Dannie Boy

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

What an absolute clusterf**k of an omnishambles.

Head negotiator resigns over the deal he negotiated?

?

What a carry on.

25 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The easiest deal in history they said.

That was the trade deal, which Barnier has also said shouldn't be that hard to negotiate.

I wonder if pizza club host and regular resignation threatening Andrea Leadsom will give up her ministerial lifestyle and fringe benefits.    I reckon no.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Will the last one to leave please switch off the lights.

Funny, I've been thinking about that headline. The irony being , UK residents can still go to live in the EU ?

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

McVey gone.     

On Twitter last night, she tried to call a vote at the cabinet meeting yesterday and got her arse kicked for being ignorant of cabinet procedures : you can't have a vote on cabinet issues, apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That was the trade deal, which Barnier has also said shouldn't be that hard to negotiate.

Don't think we are going to get to find out.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

On Twitter last night, she tried to call a vote at the cabinet meeting yesterday and got her arse kicked for being ignorant of cabinet procedures : you can't have a vote on cabinet issues, apparently. 

You can but the protocol is for the PM to convene such things.

That's the trouble.   Keep a puppet in charge and the others will resent it that the puppet might try to assert some authority.

32 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Madness. He should emptied from the parliament unless he (Raab) can point the finger at what has change in the withdraw agreement that he supposedly negotiated. 

Caught the end of a report on Sky which said that Raab had said that there were details of the deal which he hadn't been told about.

David Davis had said similar, that he'd been kept out of the loop on some of the details.

Contray to what some people think, Raab, Barnier & Davis aren't sitting in a room negotiating this, it's the civil servants who are doing that, so Raab, Barnier et al only know what they get told by other officials.

Gove has cancelled his appointments/meetings for today... could be next or could be stirring up the pot... probably the latter as he's a snake.

Edited by Mysterion

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Don't think we are going to get to find out.

How?

Do you think even leaving with a no deal means that there never will be a deal.

According to several people on the TV both remain & leave a no deal would be temporary until a deal is negotiated, how long that would take, well how long's a piece of string.

1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Gove has cancelled his appointments/meetings for today... could be next or could be stirring up the pot... probably the latter as he's a snake.

Could also be because there is a statement in the commons which wasn't planned, whereas his trip to York was planned.

Just now, Mysterion said:

Preparing himself for all eventualities.    Doesn't know which way to jump yet because he has no convictions.    He'll wait it out and let others take the lead.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

How?

Do you think even leaving with a no deal means that there never will be a deal.

According to several people on the TV both remain & leave a no deal would be temporary until a deal is negotiated, how long that would take, well how long's a piece of string.

I don't think we will leave. Said so all along.

Just now, doctor jambo said:

What should happen now is a new referendum with three choices

1- this deal

2- no deal

3- no Brexit

Agree. But many brexit spokespersons are trying to make it look like it will be a referendum like the first and are trying to shout it down. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I don't think we will leave. Said so all along.

Not so sure it's that simple to stay tbh.

There is a court case in Europe which will discuss that very point (next week I think) as to whether article 50 can be reversed or not, in other words meaning even the EU isn't sure if the UK can just cancel brexit and stay.

5 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

TBF, after the lies about voting no to stay in the EU, there should be another referendum. 

But another referendum will be even uglier, and also fought on lies, half-truths and assumptions.

I agree that many people will have had their eyes opened as to the scale of the impact Brexit will have, but do we really think that the folk who are in Brexit heartlands will take the time to reconsider the situation or will they sit there and say "nah, unemployment is still high, immigration is still high, Labour has retreated to its London base and abandoned the North and we do not see the positive influence of Europe here at all - i'm sick of it and i'm voting Leave again".

...a bit disco

Aaaand another one gone, and another one gone, 

another one bites the dust.

Freddie was immortal.

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Pound down nearly two cents against the Euro since 7am ?

This is an absolute riot.

yeah, but.....it'd be worse if Corbyn was in charge ?. You just know someone'll say it on the news today.  

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not so sure it's that simple to stay tbh.

There is a court case in Europe which will discuss that very point (next week I think) as to whether article 50 can be reversed or not, in other words meaning even the EU isn't sure if the UK can just cancel brexit and stay.

The not being sure about anything seems to be a theme from both sides.

11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

What should happen now is a new referendum with three choices

1- this deal

2- no deal

3- no Brexit

Well that splits the Leave vote straight away which will please the Remain camp.

...a bit disco

Is "takes back control" the new and improved "strong and stable"?

Life is full of these little quests for truth.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Pound down nearly two cents against the Euro since 7am ?

This is an absolute riot.

You call it a riot........

I call it an unprecedented collapse in the value of MY money, that should have the populace burning down government buildings.

Its good to know that since I went into work this morning I suffered a 2% pay cut while the kettle boiled,

And yet people think this is a good idea

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )