Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

If you're not going to stand by the outcome of the vote, you shouldn't take part in it. THE DUP are anti gay marriage, anti abortion, and agreeing with the SNP.  

You mean . . . you should abstain?

:interehjrling:

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I did vote & I stand by it. 

One way or another, Scotland will be an EU member. 

DUP agreeing with the SNP how? If they voted similarly it’ll be for completely different reasons so your view is a tad simplistic. 

There needs to be a peoples vote because nobody is going to agree to anything in Westminster. Thats obvious. 

Oofftt don't point that out to him. He gets all stroppy. 

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Oofftt don't point that out to him. He gets all stroppy. 

:lol: Think it may be time for another spell in the corner.

29 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

No it isn't, otherwise there would be no point in a peoples vote, which is what the Scottish parliament wanted until yesterday :laugh2:

There's no point in arguing with you. You don't get the system and you don't understand the role of the SNP in the UK parliament.

Stupidity or trolling? Probably both in equal measure would be my guess.

Unknown user

What happened yesterday was really kind of pointless, our real options are May's deal, to leave without a deal, or to request a long extension / revoke with a view to handing in our notice again while we try to work out what TF we're doing. 

The current deal can't pass, unless we think Ulster unionists are suddenly going to get into compromising, and no deal is too crazy for even our politicians to allow.

We need more time, no matter where this is going, the uncomfortable truth needs to be faced.

Edited by Smithee

Whats the arithmetic of the house if every Tory plus opposition MPs that have previously voted for MV2 vote for MV3 but the DUP abstain? Would that be enough to pass?

What are the chances of this happening?

The DUP won't vote for Mays shitty deal nor will she gain the full support of the ERG. 

Unless something drastic changes I can't see how Bercow allows the vote?

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Whats the arithmetic of the house if every Tory plus opposition MPs that have previously voted for MV2 vote for MV3 but the DUP abstain? Would that be enough to pass?

What are the chances of this happening?

The DUP plus at least some of the ERG won't touch it, but that's a vague number, it's hard to know. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

The DUP won't vote for Mays shitty deal nor will she gain the full support of the ERG. 

Unless something drastic changes I can't see how Bercow allows the vote?

The DUP abstaining would benefit the Gov though. Reduces No vote by 10 or so?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The DUP abstaining would benefit the Gov though. Reduces No vote by 10 or so?

They're not going to abstain if it means the deal goes through. It's no technicality to them, they see it as may's deal putting a wedge between NI and the rest of the Uk, which is fundamentally against everything they believe. 

They'll actively vote against may's deal, that's in the bank I reckon. 

Edited by Smithee

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They're not going to abstain if it means the deal goes through. It's no technicality to them, they see it as may's deal putting a wedge between NI and the rest of the Uk, which is fundamentally against everything they believe. 

They'll actively vote against may's deal, that's in the bank I reckon. 

The DUP have confirmed they are voting against, not abstaining. 

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Amazing it needs explained to anyone. 

It's an opinion not a fact, and one I disagree with. If you could understand that, you might not resort to mud slinging and actually engage in debate. As far as I can see your stance is to accuse people with a different opinion of being thick, ignore what you don't understand and then seek solace in your friends when you get out of your depth. 

AlphonseCapone
9 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

It's an opinion not a fact, and one I disagree with. If you could understand that, you might not resort to mud slinging and actually engage in debate. As far as I can see your stance is to accuse people with a different opinion of being thick, ignore what you don't understand and then seek solace in your friends when you get out of your depth. 

:laugh: I said your view was simplistic, that's an opinion, you then simply called me an arse, but aye I'm slinging mud :thumbsup:

DUP abstain (they wont).   Swing of 70 votes needed.     DUP vote against.    Swing of 75 needed.

ERG votes would total 40 max.   Further 35 votes needed.    Labour will whip against so 35 would be way too many to expect.     If Labour wanted to facilitate the vote getting through they could make it a free vote.     It's possible that 35 would back the vote.

ERG votes might be nowhere near 40,   greatly diminishing any prospect of the vote getting through.    On balance it looks highly unlikely.

Edited by Victorian

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:laugh: I said your view was simplistic, that's an opinion, you then simply called me an arse, but aye I'm slinging mud :thumbsup:

I responded to your insult. That happens in life. Can't believe that needs explaining. 

In theory,   Labour engineering May's deal through could result in an election.   DUP would withdraw support of government.   Labour calls confidence motion with chance of winning.

In reality,    it would be perverse for Labour to support the government's be-all-and-end-all policy and then credibly declare no confidence.     

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

I responded to your insult. That happens in life. Can't believe that needs explaining. 

I didn't insult you, I said your interpretation was simplistic, stop being sensitive.

Jambo-Jimbo
46 minutes ago, Cade said:

General Election, DUP go back to being irrelevant, something gets passed in Parliament.

:greggy:

Only if one party wins a majority, we could end up exactly where we are now with a hung parliament and still be in the same hole as we are now.

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

It's you who has been insulting others.    Probably because of your flimsy grasp of what you're attempting to discuss.    Tough one for ye.

Labour voting against, coz if her deal gets through then she goes and we get stuck with Gove or Boris.

So Labour are voting to keep May in power.

Funny old game.

If nothing else good comes of this whole shitshow, then at least this thread is terrific entertainment. Keep it up chaps! 

Chat that gvt to table motion on WA tomorrow,   but hived off from the PD.    Gvt not telling anyone yet.    EU saying the two parts cannot be separated anyway.      

SNP's fault.

SuperstarSteve
3 hours ago, Cade said:

SNP represent the people of Scotland.

Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain.

SNP are carrying out their wishes as best they can.

110% anyone who thinks otherwise, are clearly thick as pig shit. 

Watt-Zeefuik
18 hours ago, LeftBack said:

St Johnstone should have been an option

Thanks for this, gave me a good laugh.

On Monday that Boris John son says the PM deal will turn the UK into a "Vassal State" soon as he gets a sniff of another crack at PM he'll vote for her deal. Immoral shameful and he's not alone! About time we kicked all of these ****ers into touch!

44 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

110% anyone who thinks otherwise, are clearly thick as pig shit. 

Maybe just 100% there, Steve eh !

:kirk:

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Cade said:

SNP represent the people of Scotland.

Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain.

SNP are carrying out their wishes as best they can.

They didn't seem to take that approach after the 2014 referendum.

But I think the SNP's misguided approach to Brexit since the 2016 vote will actually reinforce the 2014 vote. If the UK leaves, independence becomes more problematic ... for much the same reasons as Brexit is problematic.

If the UK stays, in line with the "overwhelming majority" of Scots wishes and against the majority of English voters wishes, the case for leaving the other union is weakened somewhat and the "we are downtrodden by the wicked English" card certainly loses a bit of its potency.

6 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

They are acting in the same way as many tory MP's and many Labour MP's. They are trying to stop the UK leaving the EU because they don't give a shite about democracy. Unfortunately for them, they have in fact increased the likelihood of no deal. I wonder how their constituents will feel about that 

Don't tease.

No deal, :yas:

52 minutes ago, Cade said:

Bercow still insisting he won't allow a third vote

He's allowing it now 

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So what's changed?

Won't pass anyway eh?

Im not sure, it will be closer than people think.

Again if she knows she doesnt have the numbers this is just more procrastinating and ****wittery.

The woman is an absolute liability but what was the substantive change for Bercow?. 

Edited by Jamboelite

12 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Im not sure, it will be closer than people think.

Again if she knows she doesnt have the numbers this is just more procrastinating and ****wittery.

The woman is an absolute liability but what was the substantive change for Bercow?. 

The WA has been separated from the Political Agreement. That's the difference. If that fails tomorrow they will not be allowed to bring that back either.

Labour not voting for it. 

Gov saying they had no choice but to put it forward tomorrow to comply with EU agreement in order to be able to extend to 22nd May.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm surprised the UK hasn't invaded someone to deflect from brexit.

Still time for some form of deflection.

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm surprised the UK hasn't invaded someone to deflect from brexit.

Run out of minor royals to impregnate.

Lizzy or Phil would have to drop down deid to provide the distraction.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Run out of minor royals to impregnate.

Lizzy or Phil would have to drop down deid to provide the distraction.

Maybe Auld Betty should do something about the government. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )