Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

The time for compromise was three years ago when we should have called a cross party national convention on brexit to figure out what we wanted before even triggering Article 50.

Instead the Tories decided to do it all themselves and look where we are now.

This. We could have gone about the whole thing in a cool, measured, pragmatic, inclusive way, especially given the narrow result of the referendum. Not the British way though, it seems!

Just now, Class of 75 said:

Yes I appreciate there are those who support Brexit voted against the deal. However there are those in the opposition who voted against it. 

Labour are still committed to delivering Brexit.

You do have a point. Instead of delivering a fair, reasonable Brexit uniting the country everyone has played politics. 

Class of 75
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Correct.

But if DUP had supported deal they would have taken more Tories with them.

True. I appreciate their misgivings. 

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

To be fair I would voted against it also. 

That's the thing. The management of this has been diabolical, but then there is such a wide variety of opinions on how or whether Brexit should take place that it was almost an impossible task from the beginning. Given the close result of the referendum, we should have subsequently looked more closely at what people actually wanted regarding our future relationship with the EU and tried to build a proper middle-ground consensus, i.e. leaving the EU but with a future relationship with the EU that seemed reasonable and practical to most people concerned.

11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

34 Tories voted against. Enough to pass it if they fall in line.

BBC saying 28 pro Brexit Tories voted against. Word is a few more Labour MPs would have voted in favour if they had made vote closer. 

So close but yet so far. 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's the thing. The management of this has been diabolical, but then there is such a wide variety of opinions on how or whether Brexit should take place that it was almost an impossible task from the beginning. Given the close result of the referendum, we should have subsequently looked more closely at what people actually wanted regarding our future relationship with the EU and tried to build a proper middle-ground consensus, i.e. leaving the EU but with a future relationship with the EU that seemed reasonable and practical to most people concerned.

Should of been several options on the ballot. Not just yes or no. As you said there is just far too many various opinions and wants and needs.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

BBC saying 28 pro Brexit Tories voted against. Word is a few more Labour MPs would have voted in favour if they had made vote closer. 

So close but yet so far. 

Is that just the propoganda to convince Bercow to give them a 4th go at the vote?

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is that just the propoganda to convince Bercow to give them a 4th go at the vote?

Coming back with a new political declaration agreeing with EU a different outcome - customs union / single market or similar. 

Could happen if something is agreed on Monday. 

23 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

This is not about May's Deal this is about supposedly democratic politicians defying the result of a referendum and stopping Brexit. 

But a lot of leavers presumably didn't vote to leave at any cost. 

49 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Wants to lead a political party.

Forms a political party to lead.

Isn't chosen as leader of his own party.

Life sucks when you're Chuka Umunna. 

:D

EU says we will leave on the 12th April unless we get our act together. Fat chance of that I fear.

No Deal!! Let’s see how Parliament stop this happening.

Edited by Dannie Boy

1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

A general election is likely now. Is there any party left worth voting for at the next general election? 

The SNP

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

EU says we will leave on the 12th April unless we get our act together. Fat chance of that I fear.

Aye, but did they say which year? ;)

Situation now is that we will be within 2 days of leaving before finding out what sort of extension of any we will get.

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Good, 

if we are leaving ( and I am 200% remain)

then we leave.

or we stay

binary choice

132goals1958
6 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

But a lot of leavers presumably didn't vote to leave at any cost. 

As I mentioned earlier I voted to remain but if we subsequently want to quantify after voting why vote in the first place.Where does it all end.

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The SNP

Not sure they come out of this with much credit. They've been trying to get the result of the referendum overturned from the start

Not sure they come out of this with much credit. They've been trying to get the result of the referendum overturned from the start

Aye?

:interehjrling:

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Their constituents will be happy with that.

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Their constituents will be happy with that.

Presumably they'd be happy too if Scotland voted yes to independence and didn't follow through on it

Scotland voted 62% remain.

SNP use that mandate to attempt to stop brexit and have never wavered.

Scottish Tories and Labour?

Not got a scooby what they've been doing.

Flip-flopping all over the place.

Presumably they'd be happy too if Scotland voted yes to independence and didn't follow through on it

That's not a fair comparison though is it?

Scotland voted remain. SNP asked for powers that would allow them to alleviate any negative impact of UK leaving. Tory Gov said no. SNP vote against any plan that will have a significantly negative impact on the nation that was being pulled out of the EU against the will of the people that voted for it.

Are you incapable of making a point "doc"?

My original reply to you was more than your post deserved, tbh. :) 

Just now, The Doc said:

My original reply to you was more than your post deserved, tbh. :) 

I'll take that as a yes then 

May is actually planning to bring it back again.

Monday is the Letwin and other's motions.

After that she'll try one last time.

Edited by Cade

Class of 75
10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That's not a fair comparison though is it?

Scotland voted remain. SNP asked for powers that would allow them to alleviate any negative impact of UK leaving. Tory Gov said no. SNP vote against any plan that will have a significantly negative impact on the nation that was being pulled out of the EU against the will of the people that voted for it.

But Scotland voted as part of the UK having voted to remain in the Union. The SNP can't have it both ways. The SNP are only trying to frustrate Brexit and upset those 17.5 million of the UK electorate who voted for it including 38% of Scots. 

Edited by Class of 75

2 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

I'll take that as a yes then 

Take it however you like.

Your claim regarding the SNPs credibility was nonsense, it was initially ridiculed by myself and has subsequently been torn apart by others. There’s no need for me to repeat what’s already been said.

:)

Just now, Class of 75 said:

But Scotland voted as part of the UK having voted to remain in the Union. The SNP can't have it both ways. 

Yet Scotland still sends the SNP to represent it. Crazy, innit?

1 minute ago, The Doc said:

Take it however you like.

Your claim regarding the SNPs credibility was nonsense, it was initially ridiculed by myself and has subsequently been torn apart by others. There’s no need for me to repeat what’s already been said.

:)

:cornette:

1 hour ago, LeftBack said:

Personally feel Starmer would make a great prime minister 

Have like him throughout this Brexit process.

Class of 75
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Yet Scotland still sends the SNP to represent it. Crazy, innit?

They do but I would guess in line with the previous General Election their vote and representation will decrease. 

18 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

If we suffered an omni-shambles like this in the run up to the actual leave date, I'd be ok with that.

Class of 75
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Voted as part of the UK isn't the same as voting to have zero say. 

Yet the SNP want to remain part of the EU where under their idea of Federal government they will have little say over the important matters. If they think being part of the UK parliament is a problem wait till they see what Brussels is like. If indeed they are ever allowed to join. 

Edited by Class of 75

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Yet the SNP want to remain part of the EU where under their idea of Federal government they will have little say over the important matters. If they think being part of the UK parliament is a problem wait till they see what Brussels is like. If indeed they are ever allowed to join. 

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

What little say did the UK have in Europe that was so detrimental to this country?

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )