Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The sheer arrogance and contempt for those who had the temerity to disagree with Remain is breathtaking. And these people who totally disdain those who disagree with them actually appeal to the principle of "democracy".

Oh FA.

When it goes all crap for these working class areas where EU money they used to get stays in London, Corbyn is to blame.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I never claimed to know what your politics were. What exactly to do you claim mine are?

Thanks for the spelling correction. "Are Kuntry" is spelt "our country" unless you are taking the piss out of regional or lower class accents.

I think you are confusing me with the person who originally posted "are Kuntry" and "gammon twerp". I just stepped in to explain the meanings to you.

Please try and focus your opprobrium in the correct direction. Thank you.

Edited by redjambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, Cade said:

AS the Brexit ref was only Advisory and not Binding, it can be ignored if that is in the national interest.

Let the gammons riot. 

Send in the troops.

Job done.

I really am as staunch a remainder as anyone but I’ve gone past the point where I think reversing the vote is a good idea or that we can just do it and **** the consequences. You can’t disregard the potential repercussions.

almost can’t believe i’m saying this but my preferred option now is to take May’s deal - just to put the remain/leave question to bed and take the focus away from that. 95% of the problem with Brexit has been the lies told before it and the government’s handling of it but quite honestly, a bit of blame lies with those on the remain side who have obstructed the process and taken pressure off the EU to make concessions.

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I really am as staunch a remainder as anyone but I’ve gone past the point where I think reversing the vote is a good idea or that we can just do it and **** the consequences. You can’t disregard the potential repercussions.

almost can’t believe i’m saying this but my preferred option now is to take May’s deal - just to put the remain/leave question to bed and take the focus away from that. 95% of the problem with Brexit has been the lies told before it and the government’s handling of it but quite honestly, a bit of blame lies with those on the remain side who have obstructed the process and taken pressure off the EU to make concessions.

**** the consequences? It’s like we’ve voted to shove a 12” dildo up our collective arse. It’s halfway in, and we have people saying ‘yeh, it’s sore but we said the full 12”, it’d be wrong to pull it out now’. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

**** the consequences? It’s like we’ve voted to shove a 12” dildo up our collective arse. It’s halfway in, and we have people saying ‘yeh, it’s sore but we said the full 12”, it’d be wrong to pull it out now’.

:D That is by far the best analogy of this whole Brexit situation that I've seen.

Edited by redjambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

I mean the consequences of reversing the vote. Any idiot can see that it won’t be done with impunity, much as I wish it could be.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I mean the consequences of reversing the vote. Any idiot can see that it won’t be done with impunity, much as I wish it could be.

It would break the Tory Party apart, for quite a number of years at least. That's about it as far as I can see, given that we British are not the revolting types any more. So, Remain Tories would have to sacrifice their own party in order to obtain what they think is best for the country. How many of them would have the guts?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It would break the Tory Party apart, for quite a number of years at least. That's about it as far as I can see, given that we British are not the revolting types any more. So, Remain Tories would have to sacrifice their own party in order to obtain what they think is best for the country. How many of them would have the guts?

Not the revolting types but how bitter and twisted is politics the country? Will only get worse if the vote gets reversed. 

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not the revolting types but how bitter and twisted is politics the country? Will only get worse if the vote gets reversed. 

The danger is that a populist will be voted in because many people will lose all trust in parliament and the establishment

Some people would jump at the opportunity

Image result for farage

The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

It's 12" girth.

8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If you look at who would be most raging at reversing the vote the stronger the argument is go do it. 

Am I particularly concerned that some racist old ***** from Kent might take to the streets in protest? Nope.

The Mighty Thor

A nugget glossed over in yesterday's net migration figures was that whilst EU migrants were down, migration from non-EU countries was up hugely.

So basically the migrants that are most likely to be skilled and educated workers are down and brown faces are up. 

Taking back control. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

A nugget glossed over in yesterday's net migration figures was that whilst EU migrants were down, migration from non-EU countries was up hugely.

So basically the migrants that are most likely to be skilled and educated workers are down and brown faces are up. 

Taking back control. 

Keep Britain White. The new Remain slogan.

Brown people are uneducated and unskilled after all.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Taking back control. 

I would say the opposite, those coming from outwith the EU need to meet the entry requirements so are more likely to be skilled workers.

Francis Albert

And the fact that more immigration is coming through controlled channels where entry requirements are stricter/more selective and less through the open channel granted by "freedom of movement" means that to some extent control has already been taken back, even before we leave.

It is in fact "freedom of movement" which is discriminatory (or racist if you like throwing that word around). It makes movement easier for those in relatively rich and predominantly white counties and more difficult for people from poorer and less white countries, however well educated and qualified.

And as for uneducated "brown people", look at the proportion of non-EU educated practitioners in your GP practice, your local hospital, your dental practice ... many with qualifications gained in non-EU countries.

15 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Thread title change required

Remoaners still moaning

Good

So what are all the benefits of leaving the EU? Be good to hear as it's gone pretty quiet.

What good things can we expect from 30 March?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's 12" girth.

If you look at who would be most raging at reversing the vote the stronger the argument is go do it. 

Am I particularly concerned that some racist old ***** from Kent might take to the streets in protest? Nope.

Do you live in Kent though?

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Keep Britain White. The new Remain slogan.

Brown people are uneducated and unskilled after all.

Lol. Remainainers are all about cutting immigration. It was the undercurrent of the whole campaign. 

Swing and indeed miss. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
40 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Meantime it's good to see we still have money to burn. What could £33 million buy? 

It's like grayling has been promoted way beyond his skill level.

Or is an untrustworthy sheister. 

Graying is a remarkable creature.   It's difficult to tell if his actual incompetence is greater than how incompetent he looks.    Or the other way around.

£2,000+ pay rise for all MPs in the latest delve into the trough.     Quite ****ing boak inducing.    

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Taking back control. 

Mate that's a poor post for several reasons. First, it's less likely those outside the EU will be coming here as unskilled workers as they need to be earning at least £30k (https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility). And second, not everyone outside the EU is brown. I can't find the stats for where outside the EU these people are coming from. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Lol. Remainainers are all about cutting immigration. It was the undercurrent of the whole campaign. 

Swing and indeed miss. 

No need to deflect from your racist post. You are a Remainer so you have a free pass from most on here. The Irishman with the big phallus won't be calling you a nasty piece of work and campaigning to have you ignored - that's reserved for the imagined racism of imagined leavers (or imagined Trump supporters or imagined homophobes).

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Graying is a remarkable creature.   It's difficult to tell if his actual incompetence is greater than how incompetent he looks.    Or the other way around.

£2,000+ pay rise for all MPs in the latest delve into the trough.     Quite ****ing boak inducing.    

They should be taking a cut of at least £2000 after their behaviour over the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

They should be taking a cut of at least £2000 after their behaviour over the last couple of years.

Agreed.   It would be enough for them to agree to set aside this pay rise.    It's awarded independently but they could quite easily move to opt out of it.     Or perhaps agree to pass it on to parliamentary staff,  etc.

Meanwhile,    what was the cost of the Palace of Westminster refurbishment?     Maybe the BREXIT DIVIDEND will cover it?     Amirite Mrs May?     Austerity over,   is it?     

Grayling needs to go. To many failed and incompetent policy introductions. If he’s any sense of humility and decency he would resign before Monday. I suspect he will fall on his own sword. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Grayling needs to go. To many failed and incompetent policy introductions. If he’s any sense of humility and decency he would resign before Monday. I suspect he will fall on his own sword. 

A huge "if" for most MPs on recent form.

Grayling, like Gove before him, makes a total mess of any department he gets involved in.

Flog it off to anybody you can and screw the consequences.

I’ll stand corrected but surely the actual running of these departments is not down to one individual who invariably has little or no experience in these matters. Surely to goodness we have competent people in charge of these departments who can say look what you’re proposing is flawed or illegal under current rules. You can’t do that!! 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Grayling hasn’t proper fecked the probation service and should be strung up for it.

but ultimately, he’s about the only ally May has left so he’ll be safe for as long as she sticks around

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

No need to deflect from your racist post. You are a Remainer so you have a free pass from most on here. The Irishman with the big phallus won't be calling you a nasty piece of work and campaigning to have you ignored - that's reserved for the imagined racism of imagined leavers (or imagined Trump supporters or imagined homophobes).

His post is a shocker but so is yours.....so what Remainers wont call someone out and somehow support that view.

You're ignored for good reason which was previously highlighted with no campaign necessary. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

His post is a shocker but so is yours.....so what Remainers wont call someone out and somehow support that view.

You're ignored for good reason which was previously highlighted with no campaign necessary. 

I haven't put him on ignore. I just ignore him. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

How exactly is my "shocker" of a post comparable to one calling "brown people" as a class unqualified and uneducated? 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Mate that's a poor post for several reasons. First, it's less likely those outside the EU will be coming here as unskilled workers as they need to be earning at least £30k (https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility). And second, not everyone outside the EU is brown. I can't find the stats for where outside the EU these people are

coming from. 

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Gents if you care to trawl back through this thread you'll find that I'm consistent in my view that a large majority of people voted for Brexit to keep immigrants out. In fact I may have called them little Englanders.

Therefore anything flying counter to that xenophobic nonsense is fair game IMO such as yesterday's net migration numbers. 

Then again FA knows this as we've locked horns on it previously. 

I trust this clarifies matters etc etc 

43 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How exactly is my "shocker" of a post comparable to one calling "brown people" as a class unqualified and uneducated? 

Because you’ve backhandely noted that other Remainers will give him a pass so effectively  agreeing with that viewpoint.

Its a cheap shot.

Edited by Jamboelite

49 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I haven't put him on ignore. I just ignore him. 

I should do similar.

The Mighty Thor

Did anyone catch Matt Hancock, health minister, telling BBC news how giving Eurotunnel £33 million out of court was a great thing meaning that medicines will not now run out?

:cornette:

Terms of the possible USA trade deal are fecking scary.

Food safety standards WAY below what we currently have here in the UK already. UK farmer's union absolutely livid.

USA companies to be paid MORE for drugs the NHS buys from them.

They also want a say in the workings of Sterling(!), with rules to “ensure that the UK avoids manipulating exchange rates in order to prevent effective balance of payments adjustment or to gain an unfair competitive advantage”.

Taking back control eh.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Food safety standards WAY below what we currently have here in the UK already. UK farmer's union absolutely livid.

They also want a say in the workings of Sterling(!), with rules to “ensure that the UK avoids manipulating exchange rates in order to prevent effective balance of payments adjustment or to gain an unfair competitive advantage”.

Taking back control eh.

You absolutely know that deal will whistle through at the behest of May's american masters

4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Did anyone catch Matt Hancock, health minister, telling BBC news how giving Eurotunnel £33 million out of court was a great thing meaning that medicines will not now run out?

:cornette:

Yes I saw that lunatic.    It's sheer second nature to these reptiles.    Deny, deflect, spin, bamboozle, evade, lie.    

Sometimes to a certain degree it works.    Make no mistake,    May and her governments's key strategy advisors will be accutely aware of every nuance in public opinion and any opportunity to spin to their advantage or blame/discredit anyone else will be ruthlessly exploited.    Just wait until the blame game starts.

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Because you’ve backhandely noted that other Remainers will give him a pass so effectively  agreeing with that viewpoint.

Its a cheap shot.

As they have with one or two exceptions.

But I suppose claiming most of the world's population are uneducated and unqualified is equivalent to claiming some posters on JKB have double standards.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

As they have with one or two exceptions.

But I suppose claiming most of the world's population are uneducated and unqualified is equivalent to claiming some posters on JKB have double standards.

You tarred people with the same viewpoint based on their voting decision which is absolute bollocks and you well know it.

im done find someone else to annoy.

Francis Albert
9 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

You tarred people with the same viewpoint based on their voting decision which is absolute bollocks and you well know it.

im done find someone else to annoy.

The irony of that Remainer complaint!

16 hours ago, Cade said:

Taking back control eh.

I'm from South West Scoland originally.

It would be interesting what way farmers voted but certainly at recent GEs rural Scotland communities moved back towards Tory, were against Independence and and closest remain / brexit vote in Scotland.  When I was at school most of the farm landowners were Tory and anti EU, grants or no grants.

To be fair, my sister in law here in Edinburgh too, her boss is a true blue farming Tory from just outside Castle Douglas is fuming country's Brexit decision.  He's a a venture capitalist (science / pharmacetecuals) and it's all gone a it shit for him trying to get funding.

Just waiting for te fisherman to come out next to say, aah nah, we've ended up worse off now that EU protected decisions by the Scottish Parliament have referred to Westminster / London and they don't give a crap about us either.

Edited by DETTY29

I hope we crash out with a no deal and it all goes to **** and the country can finally hound out the utter scum in politics and start again. 

Might need to feel the pain for a while before a true recovery can begin. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I hope we crash out with a no deal and it all goes to **** and the country can finally hound out the utter scum in politics and start again. 

Might need to feel the pain for a while before a true recovery can begin. 

I dont disagree with getting politicians sorted but i’d rather not have shedloads of people affected to get there.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )