Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Because that's what the UK govt asked for and that's what they got. 

That's correct but it still had to get the nod from the the MPs. So the reality is that it wasn't a deal that had been agreed by all parties.

Anyway these discussions hare well documented on this thread. The deal that never was was in fact an offer of a transition deal by the EU which the negotiators had agreed but both parties need to agree it. To date it's still an offer of a deal. Which may or may not be changed in the coming days. 

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:thumb:

So, no answer then. 

No I don't have an answer as to what May was thinking back then. 

EU / Tusk etc are just 'negociating' for their preferred option of a customs union either UK wide or on island of Ireland  with border in Irish sea. 

Up to either May etc to actually put forward an actual workable alternative to the Backstop or Parliament needs to vote May down and agree an alternative. 

Edited by Mikey1874

How to make a deal:

1) Work out what it is you want

2) Make deal with other side

3) Ratify the deal

We've done 2), without knowing 1), ergo 3) failed.

EU made a deal. As far as they're concerned that's THE deal. It's not their fault if Maybot failed to get Parliamentary approval for that deal before making it.

10 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Now one of the clowns suggests that the government had to be straight with the British people.................bit late in the game isn't it? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

No I don't have an answer as to what May was thinking back then. 

Seems like tusk is correct and the brexitears are being snowflakes about nothing.

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Seems like tusk is correct and the brexitears are being snowflakes about nothing.

About the Hell bit?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

About the Hell bit?

I don't believe in hell, so it seems like a playground taunt. I'm sure one of group it was aimed at will throw a hissy fit.

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No Deal Brexiteers better be ready for the backlash. 

High risk strategy. 

But if we are to belive the Brexiteers, everyone who voted leave is happy with a no deal! 

The whole thing is a farce, and really highlights the main British parties for what they are. The UK is in its death throes. *

*last part may be slightly hyperbolic. 

20 minutes ago, Boris said:

But if we are to belive the Brexiteers, everyone who voted leave is happy with a no deal! 

A bit like remainers claiming people didn't know what they were voting for. 

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It was on the S** website today, wish I'd taken a screen shot. It already exists in "Africa" apparently, so not sure why FJ are working on anything. As if. 

23 minutes ago, Boab said:

Well said, Tusk.

Unfortunately, it will be a hell for many if these snakes are allowed to continue.

The Nats will be loving this. 

:wavey:

26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:calmdown:I this Satan has a place for this prick.

Just seen Arlene Foster on the box.

Man alive, a good recruiting tool for Indy2 if there ever was one.

Horrendous individual. Where do I put my cross ?

?

image.thumb.png.1d91390fc78e5e7cff745421baf650aa.png

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brexiteers, in case you were wondering, this is the exact level of honesty you've been getting about what Brexit is and does, since forever. :rofl:

For two years we have heard:

"EUSSR"

"Undemocratic liberal elite"

"EU is a protection racket"

"EU is a criminal enterprise"

"EU is the 4th Reich"

"EU is a prison"

"Hitler and Napoleon tried to make an EU before"

"EU dishes out punishment beatings"

And that's just from British Politicians, never mind the lunacy and idiocy seen in the rightwing press and from white van man in the street.

Tusk mentions that pushing Brexit through without actually having a plan may be a bad idea and that the people responsible should be held to account, and all hell breaks loose

:gok:

Thunderstruck

I’m sure the irony of an SNP MP chuntering about the particular hell awaiting those without a pre or post-split plan (in fact, any plan) was entirely lost on Ms Cherry and those sitting around her. 

18 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I’m sure the irony of an SNP MP chuntering about the particular hell awaiting those without a pre or post-split plan (in fact, any plan) was entirely lost on Ms Cherry and those sitting around her. 

Deflection as usual. 

Thunderstruck
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Deflection as usual. 

Really?

Isn’t Brexit the ‘material change’ that the Nats are relying upon as a pretext for another divisive referendum. 

It is a case of ‘people in glass houses...’

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Maybot spanked and sent home yet again by the EU

Absolute laughing stock.

An absolute shambles.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

For two years we have heard:

"EUSSR"

"Undemocratic liberal elite"

"EU is a protection racket"

"EU is a criminal enterprise"

"EU is the 4th Reich"

"EU is a prison"

"Hitler and Napoleon tried to make an EU before"

"EU dishes out punishment beatings"

And that's just from British Politicians, never mind the lunacy and idiocy seen in the rightwing press and from white van man in the street.

Tusk mentions that pushing Brexit through without actually having a plan may be a bad idea and that the people responsible should be held to account, and all hell breaks loose

Whilst I agree with the sentiment behind your post I still think it was unwise for Tusk to write it in the manner in which he did. Enflaming the situation in public is going to make reaching a resolution even harder. It also means that people are more likely to vote Leave again if there was a second referendum. Admittedly, a 2nd referendum is very unlikely. The fact that many politicians on the Leave side have acted like pricks doesn't mean that Tusk should as well.

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Cartoon in the Times.

Bang.on.the.cash 

IMG_20190207_062530.jpg

I know it's not the point but I hate cartoons where one or more of the characters have to have a name badge on them to identify them. Should draw better or take up a different job. That looks like Mr Bean with his fringe grown out a bit.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

And, of course, the majority don't listen to what was actually said and assume that he's said that all Brexiteers should go to hell and get all uppity.

He's been a bit melodramatic with his language but he's spot on. David Cameron led us to a referendum without any information (from either side, really) on what the consequences would be. The gullible public (and they should be angry that they've allowed themselves to be duped - or are just stupid) were left to make up their own story of how things would look. And now everyone's cross because either we're not getting what we think we were promised (which was a leprechaun with a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow; "brexit means Brexit", FFS!) or we're watching our elected government piss ridiculous amounts of money up against a wall, chasing something for which there isn't even a vision.

Tusk is right in that statement. Well done him.

1 hour ago, Stokesy said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment behind your post I still think it was unwise for Tusk to write it in the manner in which he did. Enflaming the situation in public is going to make reaching a resolution even harder. It also means that people are more likely to vote Leave again if there was a second referendum. Admittedly, a 2nd referendum is very unlikely. The fact that many politicians on the Leave side have acted like pricks doesn't mean that Tusk should as well.

Politicians bluster when panicked,and Tusk and co sure are panicking.They know they have to do some adjusting as the financial hit on most of the member countries will be severe.

24 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Politicians bluster when panicked,and Tusk and co sure are panicking.They know they have to do some adjusting as the financial hit on most of the member countries will be severe.

:laugh:

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

image.thumb.png.1d91390fc78e5e7cff745421baf650aa.png

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brexiteers, in case you were wondering, this is the exact level of honesty you've been getting about what Brexit is and does, since forever. :rofl:

Donald Tusk said nothing about British voters. The hard right have nothing to argue unless they make stuff up.  If people are daft enough to believe them that can't be helped.

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

:laugh:

Yeah funny isn't it?Well tried tactic used by mob handed groups liberty takers,and it wont work were getting oot the hard or soft way.Their choice.

58 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

"Brexit means Brexit" proves your point I suppose.

27 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Yeah funny isn't it?Well tried tactic used by mob handed groups liberty takers,and it wont work were getting oot the hard or soft way.Their choice.

Wasn't that the deal that May had "successfully" negotiated?  A soft(ish) way?

It was the Brexiteer loons that rejected it.  When that was know, the opposition opposed it too.

Had it been agreed we'd have left already!

As you are in favour of Brexit, what do you want us to achieve from our exit negotiations?

1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

?

They were planning for No Deal  a year ago. 

1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

It is not their choice. They have made the deal, agreed by the Tories. Up to Westminster what happens now, nothing to do with the EU

1 minute ago, JAYEL said:

EU struggling , Project fear has now changed to insults

May should tell them to GTF

No Deal

Aii let's tell them to GTF. Do hell with the consequence. 

Lunatics everywhere. 

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Aii let's tell them to GTF. Do hell with the consequence. 

Lunatics everywhere. 

Well they better start playing ball or that is what they will get

10 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Well they better start playing ball or thati iswhat they will get

It is really simple. Extend article 50 or revoke it until we are in a better position to determine how exactly we will negotiate this incredibly complex situation. 

Two years with all the political fractures in the UK just isn't enough. We need to sort out our own house before moving onto the will of the people. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )