Kyle Lafferty dare I say it.....

Martin_T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lafferty has scored 6 goals in his first 10 appearances for Hearts.

It took Tony Watt, Connor Sammon, Robbie Muirhead, David Witteveen, Ricardas Beniusis and Paul McCallum 91 games for Hearts to score 5 goals between them.

In Lafferty I think we've got a good 'un.  He hasn't set the heather alight yet, but he is getting goals and I like him.

It took Tony Watt, Connor Sammon, Robbie Muirhead, David Witteveen, Ricardas Beniusis and Paul McCallum 91 games for Hearts to score 5 goals between them.

In Lafferty I think we've got a good 'un.  He hasn't set the heather alight yet, but he is getting goals and I like him.

Well put. This my opinion on Lafferty too. 

In Lafferty I think we've got a good 'un. He hasn't set the heather alight yet, but he is getting goals and I like him.

Christ did you have to say it like that.

giphy.gif

In Lafferty I think we've got a good 'un. He hasn't set the heather alight yet, but he is getting goals and I like him.

He's a 1 in 3 striker going by his career strike rate.

I believe he has 2 league goals in 6 so far? So he's bang on where he usually is. I'd expect around 10-12 league goals this season.

I think he's doing really well and once we are back home I'd expect a good few more chances for him and would expect his tally to rise. Let's face it in the league we've not had the easiest start with away games and chances made are low. I love the guys workrate and attitude. More goals will come at Tynecastle. I really hope he gets a winner against the vermin at the piggery

letsalldothebeattie

Lafferty I think will bag us at least 15 goals this season in the league. Already on 6 for the season in total if he can get 25 for the season in all comps he will have had an excellent season.

Offers us more than Isma does as I feel Isma can go missing in games or just in general not be interested like Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Said it earlier in the thread that he's a big player for us, still don't think we've seen the best of him yet though.

Works hard for the side but the team has been chopped and changed from one game to the next this season so the consistency hasn't been there.

Now with Levein in charge though I think we will see a settled side and they will be a lot more consistent as they become more familiar with each other's game.

6 in 10 is good thus far, Isma is 3 in 9. Can see both of them hitting 15 or more this year.

Lafferty and Isma will be a good partnership given a few games together.

Hopefully someone can come up with a song for him that isn't hugely embarrassing and cringeworthy as well.

hearts 4 the cup

If you remember, he was very inconsistent during his time at rangers. Went from looking pretty hopeless for spells to looking like the best striker in the league at other times.

6 out of 10 is a good start for him. Lafferty and Isma have the potential to be the best partnership we've had in years

Hoping and thinking Lafferty will prove to be a top class striker.

Hoping also that we drop the cringing sectarian reference to him playing a flute in his song.

Hoping also that we drop the cringing sectarian reference to him playing a flute in his song.

Is it actually that sectarian? Don't the Northern Irish fans sing it at national games? 

I mean its probably got a connection to the orange walks tbf but I don't think its worth delving into too much. I'd rather just have an atmosphere tbh

Is it actually that sectarian? Don't the Northern Irish fans sing it at national games? 

I mean its probably got a connection to the orange walks tbf but I don't think its worth delving into too much. I'd rather just have an atmosphere tbh

I believe it is. Admittedly its not the most hateful chant but its still sectarian.

Northern Irish football fans are largely Protestant, out of proportion with the population, so not a surprise its sung at N.I games.

Like I say, its not the most hateful chant, but ignoring it will just let this problem grow. We can have an atmosphere without being sectarian surely?

Given that he married into a Catholic family Im sure he may cringe too.

It is not sectarian though.  It is a laugh and not causing anyone harm apart from the precious few members of the politically correct brigade.  If you are offended by this then i really hate to think how you cope in real life.

alicante jambo

I love lafferty.Going to.be a big player for us.Got an arrogance about him that i like.Hes a banker to score against hibs and will end up in the crowd celebrating.

I believe it is. Admittedly its not the most hateful chant but its still sectarian.

Northern Irish football fans are largely Protestant, out of proportion with the population, so not a surprise its sung at N.I games.

Like I say, its not the most hateful chant, but ignoring it will just let this problem grow. We can have an atmosphere without being sectarian surely?

I hate the fact hand wringers like you follow Hearts.

Oh for **** sake.. Absolute pish

I can assure you, he certainly doesn't cringe. If you look to be offended you'll find something. Thankfully the big man isn't that type and so is far from offended by a song sung by adoring fans.

Bazzas right boot

He is 100% scoring at Easter Road.

Yip, or punching stokes the face.

Hopefully both.

Vomit enduing that we've been duped into signing them (I do think Muirhead had something about him that could have been worked on).

yabadabadoo1874again

Lafferty and Isma look like they have just met 2 mins before each game...other areas seem to be settling out...defence for example...will there ever be real chemistry betweeen that pair???

Whilst im hopeful...struggling to see it...

I'm pleased with his start, think he's still getting up to speed and hasn't played a lot of games alongside Isma yet, so it's a partnership that will hopefully blossom with more time.  Both of them will drop back at times to get on the ball, or pull out wide, and I think if we can get the two of them working in in tandem, with Jamie also in support, we could develop a pretty fluid attacking force.

Also, he takes a proper penalty and seems pretty confident when he steps up.  Keeper went the right way on Saturday, but the penalty was well struck into the bottom corner so the golaie had little chance of stopping it.

yabadabadoo1874again

What I think most are struggling to see from you, is a mildly positive post in the last few weeks since you popped back up on the posting radar.

Maybe I?ve missed them, so apologies in advance...

Posting radar...high tech equipment finely calibrated to only tolerate jolly posts...on JKB???...best of luck with that!!! : )

yabadabadoo1874again

Yeah, I?ll actually apologise with this one. Glad you responded.

I was a tad hasty last night. Least I never called you Hibs...! :thumbsup:

Ha ha had that a few times...and dont mind !!! Cheers : )

I really like both Lafferty and Isma. Great to have two game changing forwards. Both have been really effective at times while not consistantly really reaching their true potential so far. But I'm Optimistic that Craig will get them both firing. Seriously terrific front two in the making.

Archived