Kyle Lafferty dare I say it.....

Martin_T

alanthejambo

Hamilton cost us at Parkead? Aye right! So we would have got at least a draw if he hadn't played? Gie the guy a break

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamilton cost us at Parkead? Aye right! So we would have got at least a draw if he hadn't played? Gie the guy a break

Hamilton was poor at Parkhead, but excellent at Killie and Ibrox.

It should have been ten

Are you serious m8 ........ we basically played with 10 men due to walker not even interested in helping out his team mates or working for his pay !!!!!

Just let him go and take what money we can get from him now

Totally agree! Get shot of him now

I'm starting to detest the laddie

• 3 weeks later...
HamishMcGonagall

When he controlled it at the back post and then didn't even begin to attempt to swing his leg at it before the Aberdeen player slid in to poke it away...

It was a good tackle to be fair but he just seemed so slow to react... The amount of venom that would've been coming from the stands if that had been the likes of Sammon!

Should have hit it first time.

Had me out my seat screaming "HIT IT FIRST TIME!!". May have been followed by an expletive or two.

Should have been volleyed into the back of the net. Didn't need a big swing at it, just knock it towards the goal. Keeper would have had no chance of getting there.

He gave Logan about 3 days to nick the ball away. How he could think he would have loads of time in that position is incredible. He was ok though, won plenty of headers.

Arthur Mitchell

Should have hit it first time.

Rubbish. Anyone that's played football would know how hard that is to take first time, especially on his weak foot. Logan done well to get the block in, no fault on Lafferty's part IMO.

Won his fair share of headers today and looked lively. Thought he should have started.

Rubbish. Anyone that's played football would know how hard that is to take first time, especially on his weak foot. 

The guy is a professional, international footballer. He's not someone who has a kick about at fives or plays in a pub league.

I thought he gave them a fair few problems when he came on with his physicality.

Agree on the chance near the end, didn't even have fatigue as an excuse. Really poor lack of composure.

Rubbish. Anyone that's played football would know how hard that is to take first time, especially on his weak foot. Logan done well to get the block in, no fault on Lafferty's part IMO.

Won his fair share of headers today and looked lively. Thought he should have started.

Have you played professionally? Right in front of me. Knew the ball was coming in and the better option was to hit it first time. All be it there's skill required, but then he's an experienced international striker. The only thing is he may have thought he had the luxury of time to take a touch. Which he didn't. Wrong decision

Arthur Mitchell

The guy is a professional, international footballer. He's not someone who has a kick about at fives or plays in a pub league.

Yes, but on the same token he isn't Ronaldo or Messi. Ball was travelling knee height on his left foot. Not a hard skill to guide that on target.

Yes, but on the same token he isn't Ronaldo or Messi. Ball was travelling knee height on his left foot. Not a hard skill to guide that on target.

Need to see the replay but i dont think it was anywhere near knee high.

i wish jj was my dad

I can't get access to the telly until the wee yin's shite film is finished but I desperately want to see the chance on Alba. 

From my seat I don't think he had any idea the defender was coming.

alicante jambo, on 09 Sept 2017 - 7:40 PM, said:

Well its fair to say he should have hit it first time

yep should have put his boot right through it

I was disappointed when Isma got taken off today as we changed tactics after that. More direct with Berra especially hitting the same diagonal ball to Lafferty for the knock down. To be fair he won a lot in the air but I think we were getting a lot of joy playing through the midfield before the change.

I'm still not convinced by Lafferty generally. I love a forward who closes down defenders but he seems more interested in fouling them than pressing the ball. He is going to pick up lots of silly bookings if he doesn't learn to control that aggression.

still waiting on him meriting a song and / or an ovation.  Needs to take these glorious chances he gets to help us win games and prove his worth

I was disappointed when Isma got taken off today as we changed tactics after that. More direct with Berra especially hitting the same diagonal ball to Lafferty for the knock down. To be fair he won a lot in the air but I think we were getting a lot of joy playing through the midfield before the change.

I'm still not convinced by Lafferty generally. I love a forward who closes down defenders but he seems more interested in fouling them than pressing the ball. He is going to pick up lots of silly bookings if he doesn't learn to control that aggression.

I also remain to be convinced.

His main role may be to concentrate Isma's mind each game - from the bench!

At the game you ask yourself. Why didn't he hit it first time? Then you see it on BBC Alba and you realise it came to him at a fair rate of knots and even the most skilful of players would have had difficulty taking it first time. So he did the next best thing control and then hit it but, alas Logan was alert enough to nick it off his feet for a corner. That all happened in about 2 seconds.

He never signed to sit on the bench and neither he should. Today was about confidence and the right plan to combat an excellent side. He will be a starter next few games easily

At the game you ask yourself. Why didn't he hit it first time? Then you see it on BBC Alba and you realise it came to him at a fair rate of knots and even the most skilful of players would have had difficulty taking it first time. So he did the next best thing control and then hit it but, alas Logan was alert enough to nick it off his feet for a corner. That all happened in about 2 seconds.

Correct. At the game it was a fantastic move but it was belted across. Swings and roundabouts. Next time it's in the net

He did however win a lot in the air and was pretty decent when he came on.

He won two headers in all the time he was on the pitch. Strange for a guy that size. We wilted when Goncalves went off. Played one of his best games for us today. Still looks a tad overweight but much preferred to Lafferty.

He won two headers in all the time he was on the pitch. Strange for a guy that size. We wilted when Goncalves went off. Played one of his best games for us today. Still looks a tad overweight but much preferred to Lafferty.

I suggest you watch the game again. He won far more than two headers today. I say that as one of his harshest critics with regard to his aerial ability.

Kyle when he signed boasted a lot that he will be the main man up top etc and this may be an issue as Isma is a better player and with one up front it will be interesting to see his reaction in coming weeks.

Feeling positive of late so don't want to put a downer on it but Lafferty simply must do better. I think he has it in him.

Getting a bit worried Lafferty will hit the Sammon Idk where the goal is syndrome. 

Must do better. The type of player at this level who should be turning draws into wins.

The man is a class above the majority of the dross we have had to endure over the past five years at least. He came on, won everything in the air, made movement that had Aberdeen all over the place and put tackles in too. Which is rare for a striker. If he was a finisher, He would be nowhere near Hearts. Instead of getting on his case, let's support him. I mean it could be worse, He could be Paul McCallum.

Bazzas right boot

The man is a class above the majority of the dross we have had to endure over the past five years at least. He came on, won everything in the air, made movement that had Aberdeen all over the place and put tackles in too. Which is rare for a striker. If he was a finisher, He would be nowhere near Hearts. Instead of getting on his case, let's support him. I mean it could be worse, He could be Paul McCallum.

Yip

Also, him and Isma are going to compliment each other very well.

Seems to me that with Cochrane, Currie plus these two we have a surfeit of strikers at long last.

But can any of them find the net.

Goldstone Wonder

Seems to me that with Cochrane, Currie plus these two we have a surfeit of strikers at long last.

But can any of them find the net.

I've not seen the lad play but is Cochrane not a midfielder?

This. I was screaming at the time, but once I saw it on TV, it was actually quite difficult to hit that first time the way it came to him. Logan was on him in a second. 

I like him. He just needs to get his match sharpness.

I was of the impression he couldn't header the ball but proved me wrong yesterday with a few good flick ons.

He's 5 times the player Conor sammon is.

way out west jambo

I didn't think he was that bad yesterday. Put himself about and is good in the air. He receives long balls well, has a good first touch and brings others into play. Different type striker to Isma who wants to run at defences all day. I like the options we have up top currently.

AlphonseCapone

Lafferty done what he ia good at yesterday, winning headers, holding the ball up, bringing players into it.

But he isn't an instinctive goal scorer, never has been. If he was he would have scored that chance. Folk thinking he would score for fun weren't evaluating him rationally.

I want him and Isma both starting, they compliment each others strengths and weaknesses. Djoum needs dropped.

I suggest you watch the game again. He won far more than two headers today. I say that as one of his harshest critics with regard to his aerial ability.

Was consistently beaten in the air and I genuinely recall him winning two headers and he had to duck for one of them. Isma as mentioned though had a decent 65 minutes.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Lafferty done what he ia good at yesterday, winning headers, holding the ball up, bringing players into it.

But he isn't an instinctive goal scorer, never has been. If he was he would have scored that chance. Folk thinking he would score for fun weren't evaluating him rationally.

I want him and Isma both starting, they compliment each others strengths and weaknesses. Djoum needs dropped.

I agree with this.

I think our strongest team is something along the lines of

MacLoughlin

Smith              Souttar           Berra

Callachan

Randall          Cowie              Smith-Brown

Walker                           Lafferty

Isma

Subs:  Hamilton, Hughes, Grizzly, Milinknovic, Djoum, Stockton/Currie, Beith/Cochrane

Squad Cover:  Godinho, Nowak, Baur, Brandon, Moore, Petkov

Punt:  Bauben, Martin.

First team squad of 26-28 (including 7 of the U20's).

He did however win a lot in the air and was pretty decent when he came on.

Agree

Watching game again it was more obvious

Get all the players fit and we are dangerous

Seems a pity to not utilise lafferties undoubted skill and aggression....

Its Mr leviens call

Lafferty isn't fully match fit / sharp yet.

Goncalves up front was a good call yesterday. Millimetres away from winning game.

Archived