***Official Celtic v Hearts match thread***

Bazzas right boot

I think we could sneak a draw.

If we can frustrate the life out of them for at least the first half there's good chance big Kyle will smash one in for us on the counter early in the 2nd half...before they get their penalty.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We_are_the_Hearts

I think we could sneak a draw.

If we can frustrate the life out of them for at least the first half there's good chance big Kyle will smash one in for us on the counter early in the 2nd half...before they get their penalty.

Started drinking early mate?

It will either be 1-2 to us

Or 3-1, 4-0 or 5-0 to Celtic.

Going by the last 5 years.

I'll take a draw now cheers

doctor jambo

We will start brightly, couple of half chances,

then lose a sloppy opener to Sinclair

then lose 3 nil

Started drinking early mate?

Aye Celtic away requires a 24 hr session! Can you PM me the score Sunday morning cheers mate!

rick witter

It will be Hearts 0 and how ever many Celtic can be bothered scoring.

It is an away game after all

Can only see a Celtic win by say 3 goals. Can see Hearts scoring, now having players who can, and the new interim manager bounze.

A hard month of away games, mostly draws, would leave Hearts lower mid table. But then 8 home ties up to Christmas with a settled manager could see a rapid run of wins and draws, climbing the table every week. Making for a great yuletide derby...... :)

Hearts 2-1 Lafferty first scorer ?2 gets you ?352.

Lafferty first scorer is a decent bet 10/1, whatever the final result.....

Hamilton

Smith McGhee Berra Smith-Brown

Cowie Randall Djoum Martin

Lafferty Stockton

We won't go 4-4-2 and that line-up shows why it basically isn't an option for us just now. he lack of wide midfielders in our squad based on the head coach's preference for wing backs is scandalous and makes a mockery of having a director of football to ensure consistency in player recruitment.

I'd go for an ultra-defensive 4-5-1 and hope to get out of there with a flukey win/draw/small defeat.

Noring

Smith Hughes Berra Smith-Brown

Brandon Cowie Randall Djoum Grzelak

Lafferty

sairyinthat

Don't expect miracles but if Jon Daly gets the players to actually Compete then we will be on the right road.

Ah go on then 2-1 Hearts!

GK - Hamilton

RB - M Smith

RCB - Souttar

LCB - Berra

LB - Smith - Brown

CDM - Grzelak

RM - Cowie

CM - Djoum

LM - Randall

ST - Isma

ST - Lafferty

Narrow 3 in the midfield

I am optimistic that a former striker will set up an attacking formation. What time is it in NZ Wheres Doug ???

Jambo 4 Ever

Can only see a Celtic win by say 3 goals. Can see Hearts scoring, now having players who can, and the new interim manager bounze.

A hard month of away games, mostly draws, would leave Hearts lower mid table. But then 8 home ties up to Christmas with a settled manager could see a rapid run of wins and draws, climbing the table every week. Making for a great yuletide derby...... :)

Apart from Lafferty who do we now have who can score goals?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Apart from Lafferty who do we now have who can score goals?

How many players in a football team?

I reckon we'll be 1-0 down at half time and everyone will say its a harsh score, then we'll have a tremendous spell of play followed by another three goals from celtic in the last twenty

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm up in Pennsylvania for the sister-in-law's wedding.  Her husband-to-be is a big Irish family and his younger brother is Celtic daft. Wonderful guy, kind and funny. I chatted with him at the rehearsal dinner tonight and said I was just hoping the humping we're due tomorrow wouldn't be too bad.

So let's go out and ragdoll them. Would love to magnanimously gloat tomorrow at the reception.

J.T.F.Robertson

It's on live over here at half five and quite honestly, I'm dreading it.

Hearts narrow win and the green brigade go into meltdown and they get pumped out of Champions league and Then Brenda is no longer their little darling

Just turn up Hearts and show the world we have some fight in us please

I am optimistic that a former striker will set up an attacking formation. What time is it in NZ Wheres Doug ???

12.30 I'm afraid so I'll be sleeping through but wakening to great news.

Really hoping Daly can inspire a full blooded performance. Few yellow cards. Niggle Brown. Get well and truly stuck in. Open the scoring. Rattle the crowd. Tie a scarf round the Thumb's willie at the end of the game.

Make us proud.

Everybody and their dog predicting a rout but they are not firing on all cylinders, tough game midweek as well.

Feels a bit like we have a free hit at them, up against it though obviously. Draw would be a minor miracle.

Heard a few so called Hearts fans investing in Celtic -3, never understand backing against your own team like that.

If we get to 60 mins all square I'd be happy, hoping against hope to nick something.

Cmon The Jam Tarts!

Noring

Smith Berra Souttar Smith-Brown

Cowie Randall

Moore Djoum Isma

Lafferty

Can't see anything else bar a Celtic win but maybe best time to play them is 1st game of the season after a Champions league game.

Play well and show some guts. Don't get horsed by 5.

Noring

Smith Berra Souttar Smith-Brown

Cowie Randall

Moore Djoum Isma

Lafferty

Can't see anything else bar a Celtic win but maybe best time to play them is 1st game of the season after a Champions league game.

Play well and show some guts. Don't get horsed by 5.

Grzelak and Brandon will start, he may go for prince instead of djoum also.

No isna either

Grzelak and Brandon will start, he may go for prince instead of djoum also.

No isna either

Is that known or are you guessing?

If both Grzelak and Brandon, must mean Smith-Brown is out and Grzelak is playing DCM.

Really hope Prince isn't playing, he did well against Newcastle but his performance last week was utterly shocking!

No Isma is a tad disappointing, he's pretty much the only one that can do something a bit different and could open up Celtic. Yea he he needs to change his game here and there but he's a player.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Given his previous of playing for the Huns I'm worried about lafferty today.

Celtic fans will give him a hard time and react to any challenge he makes in the air or on the ground!!!

I fear for him getting a red card!!!

I'll certainly be putting my cash on him to get 1st booking.

Strong ref required but very rarely see that through there!!!

We badly need a keeper a midfielder and some wide players

Are the SFA open for registering new players this morning?

Bazzas right boot

As the saying goes-

Attack, attack

.. attack, attack, attack!

portobellojambo1

Although it is a shite outlook to be going to a football game with today is the sort of day where it is difficult to really visualise anything other than defeat by a few goals. So lets go and do the unexpected.

We need to be strong at the back and frustrate them in the middle of the field. Although he is a player destined to be high quality for us I think the game against Dunfermline maybe suggested that John Souttar needs a little more time to reach the level of fitness needed by a defender for today;s game. You then have to decide who is going to play central defence alongside Berra. Both Berra and Aaron Hughes, while good players, aren't the fastest in the world, so might not be the best pairing for today. Have no problems with Michael Smith at right back, if Smith-Brown still isn't available left back could be a problem. In midfield we need to have strength and energy. For me this could be a game to throw Jamie Brandon into the midfield, give him someone we class as a major player for them and tell him to get close to him, tackle him hard regularly and push him out of the game. He, Brandon, is the sort of player that you know was developed by one of the Old Firm, he looks like a youngster for who defeat just isn't an option, the sort of attitude we need to install throughout the team. I have no idea what Randall is like, but lets find out today if he can do a job in a mainly defensive midfield, we need energy in there to frustrate Celtic.

I have to admit I'm not overly disappointed by comments on this thread that Ismael Goncalves won't be playing, as I've been mostly disappointed from what I've seen of him so far this season. Lot of stories going about that when he did leave to go to Cyprus one of the reasons was that he had developed more than a strong liking for Scottish beer. Although it appeared he had sorted himself out in Cyprus one or two of the things I've heard is that said liking is back. This might help explain why he looks slower than he was when he arrived and also why he asked HMFC to play him further left rather than in a more central attacking position where he would be more involved in the game. Who do we replace him with though for today, as it is pointless leaving Kyle Lafferty up front on his own.

If we can get everything to gel today and come away with a draw I'll be happy, a win would just be the perfect result. However, it is also difficult to discount that if we give them total control of the game the end result could be very bruising.

portobellojambo1

We badly need a keeper a midfielder and some wide players

You will be delighted to know the club think exactly the same. Before the end of the transfer window this month the club hope to have secured a goalkeeper, a midfielder and at least one winger.

I just hope its not too much of a tanking. 2-0 Celtic. I think we will start positively but Celtics strength and depth of squad will hand them an advantage.

I think we will get beat, however, I don't think it will be a rout.

We will see a bit of a bounce from cathro leaving imo. I think the players will understand the game plan better, be more motivated for a number of reasons. Whilst I think celtic won't be at their best to European adventure.

Would not be surprised to see a draw.

And Sow makes it 10

Who is the referee for this one? Gollum as usual? Or maybe it's Madden?

Kevin Clancy

And Sow makes it 10

Who is the referee for this one? Gollum as usual? Or maybe it's Madden?

Kevin Clancy

Bazzas right boot

Came.across this Lafferty to score and be sent off 75/1

If he scores, he'll be in a good mood, unlikely to be sent off.

If he doesn't score he might get fizzical and get sent off.

So a mugs bet imo.

A tired Celtic will struggle today against a determined hearts. 2-0 Celtic and we will miss a few sitters and gift one goal to them.

Archived