***Official Celtic v Hearts match thread***

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see us going with a 3-5-1-1, I don't think we'll change the 3 at the back tactics we've been working on all summer, I can see us packing the midfield though and trying to stop them play.

The team;

Hamilton

McGhee Berra Hughes

M.Smith Cowie Randall Djoum Smith-Brown

Isma

Lafferty

Nowak in if Hughes doesn't play. I've went with Randall over Martin because he's a bit more defensive minded based on nothing more than he's played a few games at right back. I went with Djoum over Grzelak in midfield because I think we need at least a bit of creativity in the midfield, Djoum has experienced Celtic before, he knows what to expect, it's on TV, if he wants to angle for a move away, this is the type of game he has to perform in, he played the defensive role for Cameroon in the ACON, so well that he forced himself into the team that went on to win it.

We know Walker isn't going to be playing, I don't think we should be going with just Lafferty up front on his own, I think he'd become isolated, at least having Isma and Lafferty up there, we have a short ball option and a long ball option.

You can never be confident going to Celtic Park, but I think this could be one of those games, if we don't gift any easy goals. We're going into this as a bit of an unknown, Celtic were away in Europe 4 nights ago, we've got players who I'm hoping are desperate to perform after the poor League Cup campaign, you do usually see a reaction after a manager leaves. They don't have many options up front, Dembele injured, Griffiths had been struggling to be fit for the Rosenborg game with a calf injury, he only started on the bench, or they've got Sinclair, he's a very good player, but if you play Sinclair up front, it means they have to play Forest, which is always a plus. Hayes is a good player, one of his best attributes is his crossing, but Celtic don't really have that target man option available, I'd expect Berra to get the better of Griffiths/Sinclair in the air every day of the week. I think we will get beat but if we can take our chances and not give away anything easy, we could be starting the season 3 clear of the favourites...

My hard earned is on 4-5-1

Hope I am wrong but I have Tims -3 meh

1st game etc and you never know but in light of recent events and results (both sides) they are a more settled squad

Hamilton

Smith__Berra__Hughes__McGhee__Grzelak

Brandon__Randall__Nowak__Souttar__Smith-brown

Bring on Petkov and Daniel Baur late in the game

Might tell us a bit about some of the newbies and whether they have any balls. An early goal really needs to be avoided in this one so I think we will setup very cautiously. Just can't foresee anyway we get a result in this and frankly something like a 3-0 and we move on wouldn't be a disaster given everything that's going on. I fear however it could be worse and still honestly can't believe we are heading into the first game of the league season with Jack Hamilton in goals. Bewildering.

gashauskis9

Hamilton

Smith__Berra__Hughes__McGhee__Grzelak

Brandon__Randall__Nowak__Souttar__Smith-brown

Bring on Petkov and Daniel Baur late in the game

We're bawdeep in defenders these days :cornette:

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Hopefully shellik will have one eye on the Astana carrier bag game but I think they'll win it 1-0

Fraggle1990

So happy Patrick Roberts isn't there anymore.

Hope Griffiths doesn't start either.

Rogic and Sinclair are the dangermen IMO.

2-0 to the scum though.

fraz the postie

I despise the tims,

Hearts to grab an unlikely away win 1-2,

Lafferty gets them both.

jamtartan74

Dreamt about this a few weeks ago, 2-0 the famous, then I woke up. 3 or 4 nil the tims probably unfortunately.

TemasekJambo

I don't see us getting hammered, there will probably only be one or two goals between us. We're stronger defensively this season and Celtic will be tired after their midweek efforts. I'll go for 2-1 to Celtic, we'll probably miss a penalty as well.

I wish the Hearts players could be imbued with a level of disgust at the environment they'll be in to reach superhuman efforts and give Celtic a thrashing

Berra to say to Gordon after the game I hope you're proud of yourself.

That's how I feel about Celtic.

Not confident in the slightest. We haven't beaten them in over 5 years and that's continuing tomorrow.

Celtic to score inside first 10 mins, likely 3 up by half time and full time prediction 5-0

Hate them but that's what my head says will happen

Hope I'm as far wrong as is possible!

The Treasurer

I want to see a performance that shows we've got a squad that acually gives a shit and know what it means to play for our great club.

I'm not heading through there having paid ?27 to be able to see half the pitch just for them to run up the white flag.

Any positive result would of course be great, but the attitude and performance just as important 

I want to see a performance that shows we've got a squad that acually gives a shit and know what it means to play for our great club.

I'm not heading through there having paid ?27 to be able to see half the pitch just for them to run up the white flag.

Any positive result would of course be great, but the attitude and performance just as important

agree.

But let's see a more simple set up and players knowing what's expected of them.

Strongest back 4 and let Berra lead. Keep McGhee well away to ****.

However, it's reasonable to think Daly might not change the formation seeing that's what the team have been working on.

As he pointed out hopefully this week has been about working on team spirit and bringing enjoyment back to the players but also setting down a level of expectancy.

Some individuals need pulled into line but that may not happen until our new, experienced manager is signed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going in as a shambles. Self respect will be enough for me tomorrow however that transmogifies

It should see a much better performance from those who wanted Cathro out, hard to say if Daly will pick his own team though. I reckon a narrow defeat, 1-0.

Bazzas right boot

Celtic to score inside first 10 mins, likely 3 up by half time and full time prediction 5-0

Hate them but that's what my head says will happen

Hope I'm as far wrong as is possible!

Either that or 1-0 us, first 15 will tell us every thing.

Head boring 3-0 defeat, heart sensational 1-0 away win, fantasy Scott Brown sent off and 2-0 away win.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

I just hope that we don't get humped although as a previous poster said Celtic will get beaten at some point and it'll be a shock result at the time so might just be tomorrow!

I just hope that we don't get humped although as a previous poster said Celtic will get beaten at some point and it'll be a shock result at the time so might just be tomorrow!

Thing is we've got decent players in certain positions. We've got some players that if they can be arsed can do damage.

It may take some time yet and under the new manager, but it's all about the mindset of Hearts being revitalised that will go a long way to taking us back to something we associate with.

Tomorrow may be too early to hope for this though.

On the assumption that Souttar isn't 100% and Hughes is injured I think we have to go 4 at the back. Midfield I would have Randall DM with Cowie on the right and Martin and Djoum.
Martin I thought was able to pick a pass when he came on against Dunfermline and I have more faith in him keeping ball than Buaben.  Up front Isma was honking last week and lacks pace and fitness and given that we will likely be on the back foot I think we need support up top with Lafferty for the inevitable hoof up the park and so would play Stockton.
The issue I have is on the left and we have a glaring gap for a left sided winger, especially as no Walker.

The alternative would be to play Grzelak LB and Smith-Brown in front and drop Martin.

Either way, not confident, although more confident than I was at the last game at Parkhead....which isn't saying much.

Hamilton
Smith McGhee Berra Smith-Brown
Cowie Randall Djoum Martin
     Lafferty Stockton

Thinking we might get a draw out of this, just hoping Celtic get off to a sluggish start to the season.

Horatio Caine

I think our best bet is to stop Celtic playing.  Get right on top of them and unsettle them.  No doubt they'll be expecting a stroll in the park, whatever Rogers tells them.  In their heads this will be an easy starter.  So if we compete robustly we might just give ourselves a chance.  Rosenberg gave that a good shot - Armstrong had a poor game, passes were going astray and yes, in the end Celtic won but they had ridden their luck. 

On the assumption that Souttar isn't 100% and Hughes is injured I think we have to go 4 at the back. Midfield I would have Randall DM with Cowie on the right and Martin and Djoum.

Martin I thought was able to pick a pass when he came on against Dunfermline and I have more faith in him keeping ball than Buaben. Up front Isma was honking last week and lacks pace and fitness and given that we will likely be on the back foot I think we need support up top with Lafferty for the inevitable hoof up the park and so would play Stockton.

The issue I have is on the left and we have a glaring gap for a left sided winger, especially as no Walker.

The alternative would be to play Grzelak LB and Smith-Brown in front and drop Martin.

Either way, not confident, although more confident than I was at the last game at Parkhead....which isn't saying much.

Hamilton

Smith McGhee Berra Smith-Brown

Cowie Randall Djoum Martin

Lafferty Stockton

We ain't going 2 up front at parkhead imo.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Hopefully shellik will have one eye on the Astana carrier bag game but I think they'll win it 1-0

Anyone else think it's strange how I knew who Celtic would draw in their champions league playoff round last night at 10.50pm? I called it and I'm going for 1-0 Celtic and you can take that to the bank.

Encouraged by Daly saying he was keeping it simple in training.

Celtic are a bit more vulnerable being early and their mix of midweek European games and weekend friendlies. Rosenberg should have knocked them out.

If tbey get it together it will be tough. But we can win.

We ain't going 2 up front at parkhead imo.

Yeah, I doubt we will either but I can see us playing with a lone striker and so we end up shelling it long and the ball coming straight back with both their fullbacks bombing forward.

I'd rather give them something to think about with 2 up front but it's a risk as they will have the 5 in midfield.

Hearts won't score and will concede inside 10 minutes.

Scott Brown to be afforded freedom to do as he please

This is a very well trodden path I'm afraid

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I don't anticipate a doing tomorrow. I am sincerely hoping to see some attitude, fight, and a more direct approach.

This is what I hope for. The reality may be very different.

tynietigers

Hearts ?? to start slow but come in to it and give them a game 1-1 or 2-1 either way

Celtic have conceded one goal all pre season and scored goals for fun. We have beaten Elgin and East fife unconvincgly and failed to beat Dunfermline at tynie. We have sacked our manager and have a horrible atmosphere at the club at the moment. We have our best player unavailable and by some accounts he's been causing a bit disharmony within the squad. We are playing Celtic at home on flag day in front of the sky cameras. Celtic will win and will win comfortably. If any Hearts fan is tuning in tomorrow hoping to see anything different they are gonna be rather angry come full time. We have seen nothing and I mean nothing to indicate we are gonna win tomorrow. Even just by taking us out the equation and looking at Celtic, we've seen nothing from them to suggest they are on course to have a stinker. Motherwell will be our first game of the season. That would be the game I'd expect to see the real Hearts going forward.

Celtic 6, hearts nil.

Think they'll win with relative comfort but for whatever reason, I don't think it'll be a doing of embarrassing standards scoreline wise.

I'll go with 2 or 3 nil.  

Generic Username

I think we'll get utterly savaged, like we do almost every time we play them but it won't be as big a deal as many will make it out to be. Get this game out the road, new gaffer in and move forward.

Billybuffjaw

Either that or 1-0 us, first 15 will tell us every thing.

I agree, if we don't concede early I think we'll get a draw. 1-1 and Lafferty to give them it tight with a 79th min equaliser.

Tokyo Drifter

We'll lose but we won't get hammered. That's about as close to a prediction as I'm gonna go.

Bazzas right boot

Celtic have conceded one goal all pre season and scored goals for fun. We have beaten Elgin and East fife unconvincgly and failed to beat Dunfermline at tynie. We have sacked our manager and have a horrible atmosphere at the club at the moment. We have our best player unavailable and by some accounts he's been causing a bit disharmony within the squad. We are playing Celtic at home on flag day in front of the sky cameras. Celtic will win and will win comfortably. If any Hearts fan is tuning in tomorrow hoping to see anything different they are gonna be rather angry come full time. We have seen nothing and I mean nothing to indicate we are gonna win tomorrow. Even just by taking us out the equation and looking at Celtic, we've seen nothing from them to suggest they are on course to have a stinker. Motherwell will be our first game of the season. That would be the game I'd expect to see the real Hearts going forward.

Celtic 6, hearts nil.

That why it's called a "shock" result! :2thumbsup: 

Hector Riva

0-1 Stockton late 2nd half Deflection off Craig Gordon save off the bar after 14 yard blaster from a Cowie free kick.  :2thumbsup:

Archived