***Official Celtic v Hearts match thread***

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Long term admirer, first time starter.

Thought I'd kick start the actual Football stuff, it's Thursday and nae thread!

So much slagging of cl and the Search for a new ma?ager, almost forgot we play live on Saturday lunch time, in the season opener!

Head says 2/3-0 Celtic.

Heart says we'll end Thier run!

2-1 us!

Walker and Laferty.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tynecastlesmychurch

Walkers not playing. Celtic will probably be missing both strikers and one of their key center backs. So 3-0 celtic.

Morgaro Gomis

Hearts to dominate, playing free flowing football and be 1 up with 5 to go. Griffiths to score twice including a penalty that never was for us to lose 2-1.

Either that or 5-0 Celtic.

Cruyff Turn

Walkers not playing. Celtic will probably be missing both strikers and one of their key center backs. So 3-0 celtic.

Interesting.

1-1

maroonlegions

Hard to call, i mean, what Hearts team will turn up, maybe one that now gives a feck that Cathro is away. 

More than likely a Tic win but you never know with football. FTH.

3-1 Celtic. Celtic to be weaker for this game than end of last season though, but still can't see a win

upgotheheads

Given the number of new recruits I couldn't even guess at the team.

Berra, Cowie and Lafferty will start of course and Hamilton probably but the rest, who knows?

I quite liked the look of Grzelak, Smith and McGhee have been ok,and I'd like to see Currie involved. Buaben shouldn't be anywhere near the squad after his performance v Dunfermline.

We'll get pumped. Good to get it out the way early.

Easy 4/5 - 0 for them. Probably scoring in the first 5 mins.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

I can see us going with a 3-5-1-1, I don't think we'll change the 3 at the back tactics we've been working on all summer, I can see us packing the midfield though and trying to stop them play.

The team;

Hamilton

McGhee Berra Hughes

M.Smith Cowie Randall Djoum Smith-Brown

Isma

Lafferty

Nowak in if Hughes doesn't play. I've went with Randall over Martin because he's a bit more defensive minded based on nothing more than he's played a few games at right back. I went with Djoum over Grzelak in midfield because I think we need at least a bit of creativity in the midfield, Djoum has experienced Celtic before, he knows what to expect, it's on TV, if he wants to angle for a move away, this is the type of game he has to perform in, he played the defensive role for Cameroon in the ACON, so well that he forced himself into the team that went on to win it.

We know Walker isn't going to be playing, I don't think we should be going with just Lafferty up front on his own, I think he'd become isolated, at least having Isma and Lafferty up there, we have a short ball option and a long ball option.

You can never be confident going to Celtic Park, but I think this could be one of those games, if we don't gift any easy goals. We're going into this as a bit of an unknown, Celtic were away in Europe 4 nights ago, we've got players who I'm hoping are desperate to perform after the poor League Cup campaign, you do usually see a reaction after a manager leaves. They don't have many options up front, Dembele injured, Griffiths had been struggling to be fit for the Rosenborg game with a calf injury, he only started on the bench, or they've got Sinclair, he's a very good player, but if you play Sinclair up front, it means they have to play Forest, which is always a plus. Hayes is a good player, one of his best attributes is his crossing, but Celtic don't really have that target man option available, I'd expect Berra to get the better of Griffiths/Sinclair in the air every day of the week. I think we will get beat but if we can take our chances and not give away anything easy, we could be starting the season 3 clear of the favourites...

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dunno why but I've a feeling we'll do ok there on Saturday.

:rofl:

Someone always says this. I'm not having a dig, just love how in any 'trip to Celtic' thread someone always says 'got a sneaky feeling' about it.

One of these days the clowns masquerading as Hearts players will actually go there and deliver.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Absolutely horsed. :muggy:

:lol:

Honestly think JKB should just go on a massive bender to Blackpool or something. Roll back up the road on Sunday and pretend that the season hasn't started.

letsalldothebeattie

Celtic 4-0 Hearts. Griffiths hat trick and Sinclair just because he loves scoring against us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

1-1 would be as fantastic result....5,6,7-0 would be horrendous

8-0 ok tho?

Bazzas right boot

:lol:

Honestly think JKB should just go on a massive bender to Blackpool or something. Roll back up the road on Sunday and pretend that the season hasn't started.

Sounds a plan.

Defeat. However if we can keep it respectable and at least show something to encourage the fans then that'll be something. League season starts properly at Kilmarnock for us so anything this weekend is a bonus.

GorgieRules22

I don't mind getting beat but at least have a go and not wait on them doing something. Be in there faces from the start and let them know we're no there to make up the numbers.

Nothing to lose, really. No one expects us to get a result so the pressure's off.

Easy Celtic win, then.

0-3 us Kyle laughatme hatrick put ur money on it remember Allan Johnstone

How the **** could we forget him after last week :lol:

Bazzas right boot

Meet you at the Penny arcade Rudi?

:wink:

I'll roll up there.

The team should join us. 3-0 wouldn't be a bad result.

Bazzas right boot

First game of the season who knows.

4-0 Hearts

On bookings.

Long term admirer, first time starter.

Thought I'd kick start the actual Football stuff, it's Thursday and nae thread!

So much slagging of cl and the Search for a new ma?ager, almost forgot we play live on Saturday lunch time, in the season opener!

Head says 2/3-0 Celtic.

Heart says we'll end Thier run!

2-1 us!

Walker and Laferty.

Well Walker is not even in the squad for a start.

I'd probably take a 2-0 defeat now but I fear an absolute hiding is on the cards.

5-0 Celtic.

Bazzas right boot

Well Walker is not even in the squad for a start.

I'd probably take a 2-0 defeat now but I fear an absolute hiding is on the cards.

5-0 Celtic.

Is walker still oot?

Lafferty with two then.

Bazzas right boot

We will get a draw against all expectations.

We're ending Thier run.

2-1 to us. 10/1 here. I'm sticking $100 on us and will use the winnings to celebrate Paulo's appointment next week.

Head tells me 4/5 nil to them, wee bookie slip going for 2-1 hearts!!

Come on lads get right into them

KineticBeat

Celtics undefeated streak will come to an end at some point and it will be a freak result that no one will see coming.

We. Are.That. Freak.

0-1 Lafferty

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived