The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

Nookie Bear

Surely the 4 game thing is just the number of games before we play at home, at which point we either need to have the team playing well and getting results under Cathro or we need someone new in the job, otherwise opening the new stand will be a wake instead of a celebration. No-one expects us to beat Celtic so I hope the board is taking at least a week to chat things over, see what replacements might be realistic and talk to Cathro. Rushed out statements are never a good thing.

I think end of the month gives us time to appoint a replacement, still make a couple of transfer window signings and go into the Aberdeen game looking ahead. The fixtures after that pan out quite well potentially for any new manager, and he'd have time to work with the team before the first big test in the derby.

The four games is arbitrary and only fits our unusual start. Nobody expects anything from the Celtic game because our form is so utterly appalling that even a draw is a laughable target right now. We are actually better than going there simply looking to keep the score respectable but the state of our team means that is where we are.

As for the board discussing things, I genuinely hope they have had Cathro's position at the forefront of their discussions since hibs last season. The beginning of this season is no surprise and is simply a continuation of last season.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• deejtee

I think the fact that we've heard nothing from ththe club should tell us that the club isn't in an easy place. We have a stand to fund. I imagine budgets are pretty tight. We probably won't have budgeted for having to buy out a coach and then fund a replacement, in effect doubling that particular projected cost. I think we're in a position where we can't afford to pay Cathro off and he has said he's not quitting. So this four game rumour is perhaps a compromise.

Far from ideal and I never thought I'd be facing the prospect of taking my seat in the new stand in a potentially poisonous atmosphere.

**** it.

After a think, I originally said I'd give him the first round of fixtures and I am going back to that.

No real logical reason, however I felt for months that was fair. New team, his team, first round of fixtures

Non qualification from the group in LC is poor, and in all honesty I don't see how he can recover.

I live in hope of a George Burley type start, which also included us getting humped out the league cup early.

I'm giving him the first round of fixtures. for the time being I'll get behind the team and wait for our first home game in anticipation, no matter what.

Honestly, have you seen us play under Cathro? He is, and will remain for some time, our worst ever head coach/manager. I often admire your willingness to swim against the tide, but try to look at this objectively. He's pure keek - closing your eyes and crossing your fingers won't change that.

**** it.

After a think, I originally said I'd give him the first round of fixtures and I am going back to that.

No real logical reason, however I felt for months that was fair. New team, his team, first round of fixtures

Non qualification from the group in LC is poor, and in all honesty I don't see how he can recover.

I live in hope of a George Burley type start, which also included us getting humped out the league cup early.

I'm giving him the first round of fixtures. for the time being I'll get behind the team and wait for our first home game in anticipation, no matter what.

George Burley's Hearts, no word of a lie would take 5 or 6 of this rabble 6 or 7 times out of 10. It's why there is every possibility that will be the scoreline come Parkhead at the weekend. No miracle is coming from this shower.

The utter silence from the club is quite telling and worrying which means Cathro will be staying which I find incredible it's as clear as day the man will not succeed here, I'm surprised Cathro has 6% of people still backing him.

I can't believe the club haven't released a statement saying, so much potential being wasted here with this man in charge.

An absolute DISGRACE that we've not had anything from the club today. Didn't even have to be a "he's sacked" or "he's not sacked" but ffs we deserved a statement saying something. I have always backed Levein in many respects but he's really shown himself up as a coward and a man who's full of his own self importance shite since the actual appointment. I want Cathro out but the way our DOF has left him out to hang is shocking. I'd go as far now as to say Levein should actually go. Of course we mostly applauded Cathros appointment but at the end of the day we're not paid ?150k a year to decide it on our expertise. We are in the main supporters who ride on the crest of an optimistic wave unfortunately.

Time for complete change at our DOF level for me.

You have really hit the nail on the head with this post. Hearts fans deserve better than the silence that screams from the club. Is this the club that is proud of it's bond with the supporters who turn up in their thousands i mean how can Ann Budge let Craig Levein not tell the fans if Ian Cathro is keeping his job or not. What is the matter with Levein why can't he communicate with the fans and why does he get away with this disrespect. The fans have had enough of the mismanagement of our team the board know what the fans want Cathro sacked. Keeping quiet won't make this go away it's gone too far for any more chances.

You have really hit the nail on the head with this post. Hearts fans deserve better than the silence that screams from the club. Is this the club that is proud of it's bond with the supporters who turn up in their thousands i mean how can Ann Budge let Craig Levein not tell the fans if Ian Cathro is keeping his job or not. What is the matter with Levein why can't he communicate with the fans and why does he get away with this disrespect. The fans have had enough of the mismanagement of our team the board know what the fans want Cathro sacked. Keeping quiet won't make this go away it's gone too far for any more chances.

9da3c2ccbea9417af1450c49b3f905737a1ed360

mitch41 has spoken. We may as well all give up.

Cruyff Turn

George Burley's Hearts, no word of a lie would take 5 or 6 of this rabble 6 or 7 times out of 10. It's why there is every possibility that will be the scoreline come Parkhead at the weekend. No miracle is coming from this shower.

In the first 15 minutes!

We started every game like a house on fire and killed off most teams by half time.

That should be the blueprint, none of this slow possession based pish. That is necessary at 2-0/3-0 up when you want to tire them out and pick them off but we should start with the sort of intensity where we overpower teams first half.

The utter silence from the club is quite telling and worrying which means Cathro will be staying which I find incredible it's as clear as day the man will not succeed here, I'm surprised Cathro has 6% of people still backing him.

I can't believe the club haven't released a statement saying, so much potential being wasted here with this man in charge.

Whilst I truly respect the Hearts fans who vote for him to stay there is a percentage of vermin in that quota also.

In the first 15 minutes!

We started every game like a house on fire and killed off most teams by half time.

That should be the blueprint, none of this slow possession based pish. That is necessary at 2-0/3-0 up when you want to tire them out and pick them off but we should start with the sort of intensity where we overpower teams first half.

100%

Let's not forget that AB stated that she expected us to be challenging for Europe.

We'll be lucky to end up in the play offs with Cathro in charge.

Really disappointed at the clubs silence today.

Bazzas right boot

Honestly, have you seen us play under Cathro? He is, and will remain for some time, our worst ever head coach/manager. I often admire your willingness to swim against the tide, but try to look at this objectively. He's pure keek - closing your eyes and crossing your fingers won't change that.

I live in hope.

I said I'd give him the first round of fixtures, I'll stick to it.

All logic says sack him.

Bazzas right boot

Can't argue with that.

Lucille's Thirsty

Not a peep from our club regarding Cathro's position are they taking the piss out of us.

I have no ill feeling towards Cathro but the longer he stays here the more we'll mould into him and that is genuinely terrifying.

Please just go.

Not a peep from our club regarding Cathro's position are they taking the piss out of us.

I have no ill feeling towards Cathro but the longer he stays here the more we'll mould into him and that is genuinely terrifying.

Please just go.

I'm hoping that's a positive sign.

By positive, I mean that if the Board was still backing him, they may have come out to say so, whereas if they've decided enough is enough, there will be a bit of negotiating to do before they are able to announce his departure.

Maybe, as things stand, no news is good news, but then again I'm an eternal optimist.

Lucille's Thirsty

I'm hoping that's a positive sign.

By positive, I mean that if the Board was still backing him, they may have come out to say so, whereas if they've decided enough is enough, there will be a bit of negotiating to do before they are able to announce his departure.

Maybe, as things stand, no news is good news, but then again I'm an eternal optimist.

If he's gone before the Celtic then fantastic,regardless of Celtic result I will look forward to the season.

Franksluckypants

Not for any over the top abuse or slagging.

Over the last year we have taken another really significant punt on an untested, though highly thought of footballing coach. IC came with a more impressive C.V and coaching pedigree than RN. The previous coach proved (reasonably) successful, with the obvious thinking that this could be (easily?) repeated.

However, we have been taking a punt each and ever week over the last 8 months hoping for a footballing bonanza pay out! Expectations with the initial IC 'no limits' comments may have been unrealistically high (certainly loved it being stuck to Willie Miller, Boyd et al), but there comes a time when logic dictates that our punt is proving too costly and our numbers are just never going to pay out if we continue in the same vein!

A plea to reflect, place the self interest to one side, come out of this with credit, and do the right thing for the best for Hearts of Midlothian FC!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

**** it.

don-draper-drinking-well-theres-a-fcking

It was between you and Jammy T to blink first. I'm sure he won't be far behind you.

Edited by ISMAparty

Big Slim Stylee

I want him gone, but not before these first 4 away games plus a home game that will perhaps be a debacle if we get nothing before then are done. I understand that people think it'll cause damage, but it'll cause less damage than rushing an appointment. 

It's going to be difficult to make the right appointment without paying substantial compensation at this moment. Shoe-horning a wrong choice - which let's face it immediately available ones such as Pressley or Hartley would be - is not the right move. Nor is it fair to give a new manager the start we have with **** all time to prepare.

If he can maybe get a win and draw from Killie and Motherwell, it'll keep us off rock bottom at least. And then he should be out the door. Although I'm far from confident he can even do that.....

We have had 2 managers in tecent times who totally failed to inspire me. The other one was Laslo.

merseyjambo

I've said it elsewhere

The aim from the club this season is 4th

Right now, I'd settle for guaranteed 4th bottom. If Cathro is left in charge for first round if fixtures we could be in an Inverness type position where we're trying the impossible catch up

**** it.

After a think, I originally said I'd give him the  first round of  fixtures and I am going back to that.

No real logical reason, however I felt for months  that was fair. New team, his team, first round of fixtures

Absolute delusion.

Much like the club would get a lot more respect from its support if they decided to call time on this 'experiment' and admit they got it wrong - you'd probably do well to admit giving him a full round of fixtures is the wrong thing to do rather than just blindly sticking to the plan and crossing your fingers all because you said you would.

Still, I guess you'll get to see your name in a lot of quotes when you make comments such as this one - I'm starting to think that's your end goal on here more than anything else these days.

Giving him the first round of fixtures, no matter what, even if that means P: 11 W: 0 D: 0 L: 11 doesn't make you more of a PHM, it makes you a complete and utter basket case.  

If we get a fluke win at Celtic park will we be on for a title challenge

Things are almost so ridiculous at the moment that a win out of the blue through there wouldn't actually surprise me.

Sadly, it wouldn't change my opinion either though. He needs to go. The damage is already done, regardless of what happens at Parkhead.

Cathro's has failed to motivate the players,he's failed tactically and his recruitment has been baffling at times,e.g. where's the new keeper and attacking midfielder we've been crying out for since he came?

My biggest worry is Craig "the ego" Levein,it'll be a long time coming before he ever admits he's made a mistake.Even when Cathro goes we will most likely give the job to someone of a similar mould.One of CL's first actions was to dump Jamie Mac and imo we've not had anyone better.He won't listen to differing opinions and it's highly unlikely he'd ever bring in a proper/experienced manager = we desperately need him out the door asap.

So his tactics aren't working - I just don't get this absolute utter hatred for the human being, he's a young man trying his best, at the moment it's not working but people want him hung drawn and quartered. It's the same with Jack Hamilton.

I hope Cathro works out quickly.

I definitely am not part of the poisonous witch hunt.

I know for a fact Levein will not act on the back of what the fans want, he'll make a decision when HE feels it's right.

Come on Cathro, I'm supporting you more than ever and I want you and the team to make this right.

Nookie Bear

don-draper-drinking-well-theres-a-fcking

It was between you and Jammy T to blink first. I'm sure he won't be far behind you.

Was it Jammy T who said the first few games don't really count over the whole season? It was in a rather lively Aberdeen v rangers thread last season.

That'll be the next argument in favour of keeping him.

So his tactics aren't working - I just don't get this absolute utter hatred for the human being, he's a young man trying his best, at the moment it's not working but people want him hung drawn and quartered. It's the same with Jack Hamilton.

I know for a fact Levein will not act on the back of what the fans want, he'll make a decision when HE feels it's right.

Come on Cathro, I'm supporting you more than ever and I want you and the team to make this right.

Witch hunt :lol: Hearts fan are genuinely concerned about the damage this wee guy could do if he's allowed to continue, relegation form in the league since he came in and out of the league cup to part time teams before the new season has started, Levein would do well to swallow his pride and listen to the fans.

Nookie Bear

Things are almost so ridiculous at the moment that a win out of the blue through there wouldn't actually surprise me.

Sadly, it wouldn't change my opinion either though. He needs to go. The damage is already done, regardless of what happens at Parkhead.

I don't actually believe we will get hammered at celtic in terms of scoreline . They will be so keen to ram it to us that it sometimes leads to snatching chances or overdoing it in front of goal.

My prediction is 0-2

Was it Jammy T who said the first few games don't really count over the whole season? It was in a rather lively Aberdeen v rangers thread last season.

That'll be the next argument in favour of keeping him.

The utter bore will be on here to defend that statement now you've brought it up, probably in the form of about 10 aggressive posts calling everyone "****ing stupid!" well done.

If we get a fluke win at Celtic park will we be on for a title challenge

Made me laugh. One game at a time and our attention now turns to Rugby Park.

alicante jambo

He ain't going anywhere.

John Robertson says that Anne Budge will give him to the end of the season before any decisions are made.

Where did you hear that mate?

Like you I don't get the hatred and venom. But unlike you, do I think Cathro should have been sacked at 5.00pm on Saturday? Absolutely! Should he be sacked before Saturday? Most Definitely! Do I hate what CL and to a lesser extent IC and to an even lesser extent AB have done to the football side of HMFC? A thousand times YES! But hate Ian Cathro? NO!

stirlingshirejambo

This is where I am at

I can't believe good players like Berra, Lafferty, Smith and Smith-Brown would sign for someone they had no faith in

I always said I would give him a clean slate with his own players

He's had 4 matches and that is not enough in my opinion to judge him on---this season---

I understand peoples frustrations and I know how crap we were last season but I want him to get at least the first round of fixtures

Add a bit of steel and gyle in midfield and we've probably got a very good team in terms of player quality relative to many others in the SPL. A competent manager could get them top 6, a decent one top 3. The current imcumbent bottom 2.

I think the board are hiding behind the first 4 fixtures (all away) to buy themselves a bit of time.  Problem is they are only delaying the inevitable.  This should be a golden period in our club's history but we are sitting with a 12 year old who couldn't manage a lollipop.

Genuinely cannot even begin to fathom why any sane minded person would openly be willing to write off potentially another 11 matches just for the sake of being able to say 'at least we gave him a full round of matches'.

Its not working. It wasn't working last season, it wasnt working in pre season, it didn't work in the league cup and it will not work in the league.

They've been given ample opportunities to show us there are changes for the better, and show a bit of grit. Time and time again we've been told its not good enough and wont be tolerated - but the reality of it is that despite all those words, nothing has changed. Nothing at all.

This is where I am at

I can't believe good players like Berra, Lafferty, Smith and Smith-Brown would sign for someone they had no faith in

He's had 4 matches and that is not enough in my opinion to judge him on---this season---

I understand peoples frustrations and I know how crap we were last season but I want him to get at least the first round of fixtures

I had this same train of thought prior to Saturday but we showed absolutely nothing, no spark, no fight, no passion, no direction , no shape, no motivation.  I watched Alan Johnston and Sandy Clark geeing up their players the whole game while Cathro stood arms folded.  He doesn't have to turn into Jurgen Klopp but FFS show a bit of energy then maybe the team will show the same.  We can't have a mannequin in charge of the team.

Glamorous Glue

This is where I am at

It's such an easy cop out to completely ignore his style of play and tactics for 6 months and blame it on the players. This clean slate stuff is utter nonsense.

ToadKiller Dog

I don't actually believe we will get hammered at celtic in terms of scoreline . They will be so keen to ram it to us that it sometimes leads to snatching chances or overdoing it in front of goal.

My prediction is 0-2

Depends on what mood they are in , if they lose to Rosenberg on Wednesday ,I expect we are in for a drubbing .

If they win they might take it easy and just do enough to beat us without getting out of 2ND gear .

Seems the club are saying nowt in the hope that as the week goes by the fans will calm somewhat. With every passing day they will hope we are less vocal about it.

If they are going to maintain silence - what's the right reaction from the fans?

I know some don't like the idea of walk outs, chants, stay-away's, - it's a delicate subject.

The club know that if somehow we scrape a draw at Celtic - this poll alone will sway from about 6% Pro Cathro to about 20% - on ONE game.

Bazzas right boot

There's really no logical reason to keep him.

However, I said all last season and pre season that he should get the first round of fixtures.

I. A man of man of my word.

Only reason, if goes I can see why.

Mars plastic

There's really no logical reason to keep him.

However, I said all last season and pre season that he should get the first round of fixtures.

I. A man of man of my word.

Only reason, if goes I can see why.

I shudder to think how few points we could have after that period of games if that is allowed to happen. We could get into such a slump that we don't actually recover.

Having said that, I fair enjoyed going to Dumfries a couple of years ago....

Walter Bishop

Cant believe anyone has voted for him to stay let alone 96 people! 

Would love to hear one of you "sell him" to anybody out there that may be still undecided. 

kingantti1874

Cant believe anyone has voted for him to stay let alone 96 people!

Would love to hear one of you "sell him" to anybody out there that may be still undecided.

Some with strange yet loosely defendable logic.. Quite a lot of hibs fans by the look of the posting histories

This is where I am at

Do you really believe they signed because of cathro??????????????????????????

In reality they have communicated what's going on. Looks like it's business as usual doesn't it? We don't get a statement after every bad result telling us whether the head coach keeps his job or not.

You may not like it, and I may be proved wrong later today or later this week, but it looks very much like business as usual, preparing for the next game.

The only thing that would make that situation acceptable for most fans is we know we have better players coming in this month but are not yet at a stage where they can be announced.