MK Dons sign Osman Sow on two year deal..

LoveNgoo

Sepp's Bladder

Would be a class signing if we could afford it. With the money hed be wanting id worry about it taking away from the GK/Mid players we need... in the end we have laff and isma which is far from bad news.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BobbyJenkins

Well we just sent Sammon out on loan to partick although i doubt they will be paying all his wages so i would say there will have to be something in the pot , However surely it makes sense if they have the ambition they claim to have .. 

Ambition within our financial parameters. He may get more money elsewhere, but I suppose you can only take what is offered so if noone offers more than we can...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It all went to ratshit when he left. I reckon you have to be touched if you think Goncalves is better. Not a criticism of Isma I have to say

No coincidence that things starting getting bad when Osman Sow left us. He is a seriously talented footballer. Wasn't just about goals either his ability on the ball and his ability to bring others into the game was phenomenal.

Pace, skills, finishing. Can't see it happening though.

Back to 2005

As the OP says we should be all over this. Come on Hearts try and get the fans back on side. Pretty sure Osman would prefer us than MK Dons.

the big show

It all went to ratshit when he left. I reckon you have to be touched if you think Goncalves is better. Not a criticism of Isma I have to say

Goncalves can be decent and very good , However he has not done a lot so far and in some games been non existent . Sow playing with men he can link up with is different class and a fans favorite , Not being funny we should be all over this and virtually pleading with him to come back , i actually cannot believe some of the comments it is mind boggling to think what Sow could give to our team and bring back the feel ,good factor within the stands . everybody to there own opinion though ..

Goncalves can be decent and very good , However he has not done a lot so far and in some games been non existent . Sow playing with men he can link up with is different class and a fans favorite , Not being funny we should be all over this and virtually pleading with him to come back , i actually cannot believe some of the comments it is mind boggling to think what Sow could give to our team and bring back the feel ,good factor within the stands . everybody to there own opinion though ..

You can almost get away with a midfield as bad as ours if you have an out ball option like Osman Sow

the big show

You can almost get away with a midfield as bad as ours if you have an out ball option like Osman Sow

Some of his performances were outstanding , bring in a good goalie another 2 decent quality midfielders , possibly a winger and Sow would be the icing on the cake . Put it this way it is going to take a quality signing or 2 a decent manager for to get the feel factor back i reckon . 

Even though Goncalves has a better goal to game ratio ?

Rose tinted glasses, guaranteed Isma will have a better season record if he stays for 1 and a half seasons than Sow did, playing in arguably a poorer team. Not saying Sow isn't a good player - loved him at Hearts - but not sure he would be more effective than Isma or Lafferty...give them time.

Would be great to see him back. We've let go 2 strikers in a week....this is another department we're now short in numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the big show

He's definitely on his way to Milton Keynes. He's 'liked' posts saying "Welcome to MK Don's".

He is also liking all the Hearts posts .. 

On a related subject....is Muirhead getting his game down there? Really thought he should have stayed...maybe a wee loan back if Sow is there?

Front three of Sow, Lafferty and Isma, with Walker just behind them, would overwelm any defence.

Yep, just think of all the goals we'd lose on the counter attack...

As the OP says we should be all over this. Come on Hearts try and get the fans back on side. Pretty sure Osman would prefer us than MK Dons.

Wouldn't be too sure of that.

He knows and respects their manager and could have an outside chance of Championship football next season.

the big show

Wouldn't be too sure of that.

He knows and respects their manager and could have an outside chance of Championship football next season.

He could also have a chance of championship football or better if he has a good season with us , He also knows our Dof as well as a few of the players and has a fantastic bond with the fans .. I'M Just saying it can work both ways . 

Absolutely loved Sow but bringing him back would surely impact any potential signings in other areas of the park. Would still be brilliant though.

Some of his performances were outstanding , bring in a good goalie another 2 decent quality midfielders , possibly a winger and Sow would be the icing on the cake . Put it this way it is going to take a quality signing or 2 a decent manager for to get the feel factor back i reckon .

How much money do you think we have for this spending spree.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Even though Goncalves has a better goal to game ratio ?

Too simplistic. Sow created holes for other players. I haven't checked the stats

the big show

How much money do you think we have for this spending spree.

Well when you think the amount of players we have of loaded and not replaced or we have out on loan i would reckon there should be decent money available to bring in some quality , if not there is something wrong somewhere , As i cant believe for a minute that did not know there was certain areas were it was blatant we needed players in and Goalkeeper being one of priority amongst a few others .. 

JamboCampbell

Good move to MK Dons.

In the spotlight, bang 20 goals in and a Championship club will pick him up next year.

No chance he is coming back here!

kingantti1874

The big show is correct. Sadly clubs like MK Dons can pay higher wages than us.

Given they published a lower wage bill than hearts how do you come to that conclusion

Given they published a lower wage bill than hearts how do you come to that conclusion

They had a wage bill of ?8m in 2016.

If it is Sow or a goalkeeper, I'd prefer a goalkeeper.

Lafferty must be in out top 3 paid players. If we brought in Sow, I'm not convinced he'd work in the team with Lafferty, leaving one of our best paid players on the bench.

Did they? A wage bill 3m more than their entire turnover the year before

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38136545

Edit:tbf your right.. That's some jump

Their turnover was ?11m plus. Admittedly they were in the Championship. I can't get the accounts for this year.

Understand your point though, it's very easy and lazy to assume most clubs down south pay better wages.

kingantti1874

Their turnover was ?11m plus. Admittedly they were in the Championship. I can't get the accounts for this year.

Understand your point though, it's very easy and lazy to assume most clubs down south pay better wages.

Not published yet I don't think.. Their turnover and wage bill near doubled between 15 and 16..made a hefty loss..

rudi must stay

I'd prefer to try and create new success, not always hark back to better days,

Well said. He was good before, but he was never brilliant

Folk thinking he's signed for MK Dons because of a few likes on Twitter...incoming "he was shite anyway"...

Not published yet I don't think.. Their turnover and wage bill near doubled between 15 and 16..made a hefty loss..

Shows you the money that's in the Championship never mind the Premier league. Will be interesting to see their wage bill back in league 1.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't think a lot of people realise how important Osman Sow was.

If we could get him back he would ignite several other players immediately

kingantti1874

I don't think a lot of people realise how important Osman Sow was.

If we could get him back he would ignite several other players immediately

This.. There isbt a player at the vkub I wouldnt trade for osman

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This.. There isbt a player at the vkub I wouldnt trade for osman

Totally agree. Unique type of player. Magic rubs off on others. Created havoc that inspired and helped others

He reminded me of Ricardo Fuller....

Bags of skill and completely unpredictable, to the point I'm not sure either of them knew themselves what they were about to do...very few players around like that these days...how we managed to get him to play for us in the championship is still a mystery!

Ferryjambo99

On a related subject....is Muirhead getting his game down there? Really thought he should have stayed...maybe a wee loan back if Sow is there?

Definitely was playing a few gam?s. Scored a couple of goals too I think

Rocky jamboa

Would love big ozzy to come back. We should be pulling out all the stops to get him, if there is any chance.

Definitely was playing a few gam?s. Scored a couple of goals too I think

He's definitely got the potential to be a good player. Still don't understand why we let him go when we did.

Archived