MK Dons sign Osman Sow on two year deal..

LoveNgoo

Simple question

- Should he interfere with H/Coach signings and not allow (some of) them

OR

- Should he back his H/Coach with signings the H/Coach identifies

I think it's got to be a combination of both but, at the end of the day the HC should live and die by HIS signings so must have the final say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Howdy Doody Jambo

Has he signed yet or is this total nonsense....

oh i he's signed

January signings on paper should have been a lot better than they were.

We were creaming ourselves at the Greek lads and Struna, thought Hughes was a wise appointment and Isma has come in and did well. Sowah and Choulay were a bit Meh admittedly.

So either the players have badly let themselves and us down (IMO they have) or the management could not get the best out of them (IMO they didn't).

I think whoever identified the players be it Cathro or Levien did well in the main. However the reality is the players failed for various reasons and I don't see how much that is to do with CL.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We were creaming ourselves at the Greek lads and Struna, thought Hughes was a wise appointment and Isma has come in and did well. Sowah and Choulay were a bit Meh admittedly.

So either the players have badly let themselves and us down (IMO they have) or the management could not get the best out of them (IMO they didn't).

I think whoever identified the players be it Cathro or Levien did well in the main. However the reality is the players failed for various reasons and I don't see how much that is to do with CL.

I think that's fair. Perhaps the 2 easy wins over Rangers and Motherwell, gave some of them a false impression a battle was not required. For all the first Hibs game was honking, we were hardly out played, but the replay, Partick, Aberdeen and the Celtic home game were all very very disappointing.

In reality these guys should have been good enough, though Cathro can be accused correctly of not getting the most out of them, or better, it was far from an ideal set of circumstances. My only criticism of Levein would be that he should not have been so misled to believe the team would instantly fire, Cathro is young, Levein is meant to be there to be the balancing effect.

When is Osman coming back, thread has wandered!!

Jambo 4 Ever

I believe we may be seeing the big man back in a Hearts top next season. :thumbsup:

Have you heard anything else from your source?

bauld willie

Cathro - inexperienced head coach; VERY experienced with extremely talented players and a network of contacts of his own.

It's quite clear our January signings were of a different nature from Neilson's last window.

But no matter how many dullards want to remain apoplectic about January and blame somebody/Levein the truth of the matter is we lost robbie a month before the window and Cathro soon found out the squad he had couldn't play the way he really wanted and that it was short in places - so he asked for and got some players.

Recognising it was a difficult window with a short lead-in there were a few short term deals - they have now left the building.

Sorry, but it was basically a shit happens transfer window - with the ability to build a squad with more lead-in time during the summer.

Sums up yet another flaw in Cathro's managerial make up. If he didn't have the squad to play his style, why didn't he use common sense and play the existing squad to its full potential with the existing style. His intransigence in this ensured our despicable 2nd half of the session. We even spent a huge sum on a new pitch to assist him.

Like an awful lot of people who don't believe, no excuses or abysmal runs well be accepted next season.

Sums up yet another flaw in Cathro's managerial make up. If he didn't have the squad to play his style, why didn't he use common sense and play the existing squad to its full potential with the existing style. His intransigence in this ensured our despicable 2nd half of the session. We even spent a huge sum on a new pitch to assist him.

Like an awful lot of people who don't believe, no excuses or abysmal runs well be accepted next season.

That's right.  Souttar and Paterson should have been made to play with crutches and we should never have sold Ozturk, Rossi and Muirhead for money when they could have gone for free this month.

It's a disgrace, I tell you.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Like an awful lot of people who don't believe, no excuses or abysmal runs well be accepted next season

Simple.

He needed to see who could play this style, so he can change the squad to suit. Hardly rocket science. 1 step back to move 2 forward, whether it works out that way or not, is sometimes the right thing to do, even when you know it will be unpopular. Takes balls to do that by the way.

Simple.

He needed to see who could play this style, so he can change the squad to suit. Hardly rocket science. 1 step back to move 2 forward, whether it works out that way or not, is sometimes the right thing to do, even when you know it will be unpopular. Takes balls to do that by the way.

Football is a lot harder

Tells me he had backing to do things his way

It's a transition. You can be fortunate that everything falls into place but building a team is really hard. It can take time. If you believe you have the right man give them time.

Just if Hearts decide Cathro is not indeed the right man.

Winston Ingram

Sow is wanted by MK Dons, which seems his likeliest destination. Our top wage is pretty much the same/a little under theirs so if we did want him I suppose it's a question of whether he regards League One as a better stepping stone to a better English club than we are. I'm not actually sure he is the type of forward we need but on the basis he is a good player, he would be worth having again. 

CRWJambo1991

Sow is wanted by MK Dons, which seems his likeliest destination. Our top wage is pretty much the same/a little under theirs so if we did want him I suppose it's a question of whether he regards League One as a better stepping stone to a better English club than we are. I'm not actually sure he is the type of forward we need but on the basis he is a good player, he would be worth having again.

Live in Edinburgh or Milton Keynes lol.

Jambo 4 Ever

Live in Edinburgh or Milton Keynes lol.

Milton Keynes is alright to be fair - depends what you want

CRWJambo1991

Nah I know.

I think a massive boost about our club is that we are a world class city though and players all over Europe know how stunning Edinburgh is.

Sounds like a right tough decision for Sow then. Scotland's capital or the English Livingston.

Depends what you want as a player too.

Do you want adulation in a league you could probably have more exposure(yet again) but more importantly use your ability to enjoy scoring regularly and getting the edge over most in our division?

Guys like Sow need to start settling down and getting into some serious football over reasonable time. Could take a leaf out of Sir Rudolph Skacel's book.

AlimOzturk

Sow would have made some serious amounts of money in China.

He would be coming to a club which fans hold him in very high regard.

Sow would have made some serious amounts of money in China.

He would be coming to a club which fans hold him in very high regard.

Part of my point above.

Players need to start enjoying what football is really all about. Glory, playing every week at a club that really wants you and trying to make good memories.

Part of my point above.

Players need to start enjoying what football is really all about. Glory, playing every week at a club that really wants you and trying to make good memories.

Getting into the English Championship might be a decent incentive

I think he would pick Mk over us.

It's in England. Robbie is manager. The money won't be bad but he'll have made plenty in China not to have to worry about that too much.

What is Milton Keynes like?

Countryside n small towns around MK are beautiful, also not too far to commute from Londonish. Not a bad place to ply your trade.

Clark Griswold

Countryside n small towns around MK are beautiful, also not too far to commute from Londonish. Not a bad place to ply your trade.

Red Bull F1 headquarters is a highlight, been on the tour after a corporate event there and it's mind blowing. Middle of an industrial estate mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't include me in that.

Had doubts from the start and as for Hughes don't get me started again

If he returns to Scotland I can only see him playing for one of the unwashed from the west, more than likely rangers as they're good at signing players they can't afford.

We were just a stepping stone in his career and a good one at that but the sad fact is, we can't afford him.

People don't yet get it

Cathro isn't really that flexible - he wants his team to play a certain way.

He won't come in and be able to get a squad full of players who can't play that way to play that way

And he won't say ok **** it I'll play the way they can play

I'm not saying this is a positive at all

What I am saying is that he has this one last chance to get it right and yes Geoff that means we write off the last 5 months to some extent recognising that he has no further leeway moving forward.

People don't yet get it

Cathro isn't really that flexible - he wants his team to play a certain way.

He won't come in and be able to get a squad full of players who can't play that way to play that way

And he won't say ok **** it I'll play the way they can play

I'm not saying this is a positive at all

What I am saying is that he has this one last chance to get it right and yes Geoff that means we write off the last 5 months to some extent recognising that he has no further leeway moving forward.

Good coaches or managers have to be flexible though. So are you admitting Cathro is not very good?

For the benefit of the club he should have played the team to its strongest abilities, whether that be how he wants them to play or the opposite. No coach or manager or player are bigger than the club, the club comes first every time and working against it for personal vanity or belief is wrong.

If Cathro can't be flexible we really are well and truly fecked.

stirlingcounty

No news or comments from the club either,think this one is what it started as a rumour. No go

stirlingcounty

No news or comments from the club either,think this one is what it started as a rumour. No go

the big show

Good coaches or managers have to be flexible though. So are you admitting Cathro is not very good?

For the benefit of the club he should have played the team to its strongest abilities, whether that be how he wants them to play or the opposite. No coach or manager or player are bigger than the club, the club comes first every time and working against it for personal vanity or belief is wrong.

If Cathro can't be flexible we really are well and truly fecked.

:spoton:

Harry Potter

What is Milton Keynes like?

Would imagine its cheaper to live there than Edinburgh, not that it will be a factor with the money they earn.

Buffalo Bill

I haven't read this thread. I take it's pure Gullit Lounge?

siegementality

I haven't read this thread. I take it's pure Gullit Lounge?

Only because there isn't an area called The Without Foundation and Absolute Shite Lounge.

Glamorgan Jambo

Would imagine its cheaper to live there than Edinburgh, not that it will be a factor with the money they earn.

I'd highly doubt that actually.

The attractions of MK Dons to Sow would be the same as the attraction of MK Dons to Neilson - they're part of the wealthiest league set up in the world. And it would be a more likely stepping stone for Osman to a top half championship club than here.

That's assuming there's any truth in the story of course.

Son Of Anarchy

Only because there isn't an area called The Without Foundation and Absolute Shite Lounge.

:lol: For sure.

gooners1886

2f357e462493445d55d49ec7afe3275c.pngplz help a fellow jambo find this in xxl cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gorgieheart

Sow, we know that Sow hasnt signed for the JT's....  Sow now what p*sh will the OP try to Sow instead  ?

What Zeefuik ? 

Find something in Commons ? 

Signing the Boyce fae County ? 

I don't think we'll sign Kris Commons though you never know.

Fits the profile albeit injury concerns.

Bull's-eye

This is amusing.

If by some miracle Sow did fancy a move back and as we all hope started banging them in again, he'd be away in January :rofl:

This is amusing.

If by some miracle Sow did fancy a move back and as we all hope started banging them in again, he'd be away in January :rofl:

1.5 Million would do it :)

This place is something else at times. Do any of you knobbers realise he is still under contract and on loan at the moment. We want to sign him, he wants to come back to the UK. Clearly there will be other clubs that want to sign him. Only time will tell. Better the devil you know etc. Last comment I'll be making on it.

Archived