***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

vegas-voss

He's played CB in the MLS for the years he was there, and was unbelievable. I'd happily have him at the left of a back 3.

I get the impression coming from that league he might command quite the salary.

Would great signing

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlimOzturk

Jose Goncalves has been a free agent since January :wow:

Some player he was. Great signkng and could cover left back better than any player we currently have

He hasn't scored 11 goals in Serie A. He scored 11 goals in Serie B when Palermo were down there, and that was in 34 appearances, frighteningly average. Not to mention they won the league that season so were the best team in that league and he manages 1 in 3. He'd be coming to the 4th or 5th best team with far less goal scoring chances.

Same team same season. Paulo Dybala 5 goals in 28 games. Don't think I have to add much to that tbh

The White Cockade

Jose Goncalves was great at centre back for us but shocking played out of position at left back

i'd take him in the centre but not as a left back

I liked him but people seem to have short memories as he took pelters on here the same as most of the current mob do

He's played CB in the MLS for the years he was there, and was unbelievable. I'd happily have him at the left of a back 3.

Good call... 

Bungalow Bill

Surely McGregor could still command a salary in excess of ?20K per week. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Jose Goncalves on one leg would have been an improvement on this season. Quality, quality player

Samuel Camazzola

I really liked Shaun Hutchinson when he was at Motherwell. I know he moved from Fulham to Millwall last summer but haven't seen many Millwall games to see how he's been or if he's featured much. Someone of that experience and age would be satisfying to have on board.

weegie jambo

Have it on good authority we have offered Tony Andreu a deal.

How reliable is your source mate?

the_jailer

Not been that impressed with him at United

weegie jambo

How reliable is your source mate?

shares an agent with my prospective son in law, so fairly sound I hope!

Not been that impressed with him at United

16 goals in 26 appearances not shabby for a midfielder

weegie jambo

also told that his agent offered him to Hibs too but we had actually offered him a deal when he was touted to us

the_jailer

Never knew he scored that many. Hopefully he could be a decent player if we get him.

Never knew he scored that many. Hopefully he could be a decent player if we get him.

11 in league and 5 in cups.

also told that his agent offered him to Hibs too but we had actually offered him a deal when he was touted to us

The only thing is he seems to be contracted to Norwich till summer 2018.

weegie jambo

apparently he's a bit of a shoot on sight guy and gets a fair few assists from knock downs

weegie jambo

maybe they just want him off the wage bill again? they (Norwich) seem to be shedding a few players at the moment

I think the fact that his agent is offering him to other clubs suggests Norwich are willing to tear up his contract with maybe a wee bit comp thrown in.

Holyrood_Hearts

I'd be happy to get him. Was excellent at Hamilton prior to his move to Norwich.

kingantti1874

Sow and the Shepherd.. I'd not even moan about cathro till next season. Sadly neither will happen

Deans Jambo

Looks a good player.

Has also scored against and beat the Hibs!

Fxxx the SPFL

He's played CB in the MLS for the years he was there, and was unbelievable. I'd happily have him at the left of a back 3.

high salary might not be the case when Andy Driver went over he was only on $250k a year which was around ?4k a week. I remember somebody posted the salaries of all players on here and only the real top top players got the big bucks.

RustyRightPeg

Suspect they will let him go. Neil got the sack and he was very much an Alex Neil signing.

Not seen too much of him, goal scoring record doesn't lie though. IIRC he scored 3 or 4 in a League Cup game for Norwich prior to signing for Utd earlier this season...

Captain Canada

I'd love to see Jose Goncalves back. Berra, Souttar, Hughes and Jose would be a good starting point to build from.

rudi must stay

Jose Goncalves has been a free agent since January :wow:

Some player he was. Great signkng and could cover left back better than any player we currently have

Great athlete but I was never a fan of Goncalves. Just a player I never got excited about, very ordinary and didn't do much going forward. Wouldn't be happy with that one, Andreu though, definitely. He could really hurt teams in the middle for Hearts, home and away.

Great athlete but I was never a fan of Goncalves. Just a player I never got excited about, very ordinary and didn't do much going forward. Wouldn't be happy with that one, Andreu though, definitely. He could really hurt teams in the middle for Hearts, home and away.

Away from home? Nah we like being diarrhoea away from home. Nae point bringing in anyone who'd make a positive impact in away games.

Best just be entirely subservient and get season tickets renewed on mass.

It'll all come good in the end

rudi must stay

Away from home? Nah we like being diarrhoea away from home. Nae point bringing in anyone who'd make a positive impact in away games.

Certainly we aren't getting results, but I don't think we're too bad away from home. We just don't take our chances

John Findlay

Marc McNulty signing for Coventry

Here lies the problem. A team in the lowest league in England can pay higher wages than a team seen as the third largest in Scotland. Just let that sink in.

rudi must stay

Here lies the problem. A team in the lowest league in England can pay higher wages than a team seen as the third largest in Scotland. Just let that sink in.

If we were after him, he'd have signed for us I think. Edinburgh is still a sway, as I think would be the nice new stand. But other teams in Scotland definitely have the money problem

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Unfortunately our owners are not filthy rich people who will fund at the sight of rebellion. We are in no position to currently rebel. Its not as if rebelling will see any investment, so the only way not to go further back is not to be subservient, but supportive, because for the majority of the time, they have got it very right.

Short termism simply is not an option. If we are heading toward relegation next season, I am pretty certain changes will happen, but we wont because we are signing players of a higher quality, because we will have more money, because of the fantastic leadership, or is that stand a mirage? Were the League Tables showing a record breaking 1st, an incredible points tally for a team on an 80k pp budget, and albeit a hugely disappointing 5th. But still 5th, not bottom half, 5th.

Its no grounds for mass dissention.....yet

Quite like the look of Falkirk's LB Leahy any time I've watched him.

They're supposed to have another promising young LB Tony Gallacher.

Yeah, I've seen him too. Wouldn't say ready yet and I think he's one Falkirk will look to potentially get money for from down south.

They're supposed to have another promising young LB Tony Gallacher.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Berra, Mulgrew, Russell, Leahy, Mannus, Alan, Crawford, Sibbald, Boyce, Lafferty.

and Ryan Gauld on loan!

DxB Hearts

If you look at how well Aberdeen have progressed under McInnes look at their signings - picking up the guys doing well at other clubs, released from Celtic and a couple of lower league English players. Rarely do they sign some unheard of European player.

That's not to say we shouldn't sign guys from Europe, some of our greatest players have come from the continent but it can't be en-mass.

Look at the players going well in Scotland, Scottish players looking for a move back here after being in England for a while and some very well scouted guys from Europe who are looking for a move to British football. If you get that blend right you're laughing but we haven't in a long time taken a player from the likes of ICT, Hamilton etc and others have benefited.

Even if you look at the core of the Celtic team that has just torn the arse out of the league - Gordon, Brown, Armstrong, Griffiths, Tierney, Forrest, GMS all Scottish players, most of who have come from 'other' Scottish prem teams.

We need to sign players from other premiership sides. Have to. Pick the best of of the lower leagues and then someone looking for a route back into 1st team football after playing in England. Add 1 Rudi type European signing and that'll be perfect.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If you look at how well Aberdeen have progressed under McInnes look at their signings - picking up the guys doing well at other clubs, released from Celtic and a couple of lower league English players. Rarely do they sign some unheard of European player.

That's not to say we shouldn't sign guys from Europe, some of our greatest players have come from the continent but it can't be en-mass.

Look at the players going well in Scotland, Scottish players looking for a move back here after being in England for a while and some very well scouted guys from Europe who are looking for a move to British football. If you get that blend right you're laughing but we haven't in a long time taken a player from the likes of ICT, Hamilton etc and others have benefited.

Even if you look at the core of the Celtic team that has just torn the arse out of the league - Gordon, Brown, Armstrong, Griffiths, Tierney, Forrest, GMS all Scottish players, most of who have come from 'other' Scottish prem teams.

We need to sign players from other premiership sides. Have to. Pick the best of of the lower leagues and then someone looking for a route back into 1st team football after playing in England. Add 1 Rudi type European signing and that'll be perfect.

Did you realise our club nearly died 3 years ago and we are gradually getting back on our feet?

And our recruitment policy is in the process of being revamped.

DxB Hearts

Did you realise our club nearly died 3 years ago and we are gradually getting back on our feet?

And our recruitment policy is in the process of being revamped.

I'm perfectly aware of that.

All I'm pointing out is we need more Souttars are less Avlonitis'

This is a frustration that goes back to Pieman days.

Need to start flexing our muscle as the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, who are situated in the best city in Scotland. Any player playing for another prem club bar Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers would jump at the chance to play at Hearts and out signing policy should take more advantage of that IMO.

Jamboscanbevicius

Have to agree with this. It's a fair point about rebuilding to an extent, but look at the guys Aberdeen have picked up...

McLean, Shinnie, Rooney, Hayes, McGinn, Tansey (for next season)... all these guys have excelled!

And look at our recent successes in the market: Cowie, Souttar, Isma all knew the league.

We need to be careful though. There are also Sammons, Suttons, and Hanmils out there!!!

An over 30 year old I would think might "do a job" is Danny Grainger. Knows the club and takes a mean penalty.

I'm perfectly aware of that.

All I'm pointing out is we need more Souttars are less Avlonitis'

This is a frustration that goes back to Pieman days.

Need to start flexing our muscle as the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, who are situated in the best city in Scotland. Any player playing for another prem club bar Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers would jump at the chance to play at Hearts and out signing policy should take more advantage of that IMO.

Going back from now to the Pieman days we signed some decent foreigners too and if the likes of Skacel, Fyssas, Jankauskas, Bednar, Pospisil etc were in the team now would you be offering the same advice.

We need a team with the best players we can afford wherever they come from,

Gordon was signed from Sunderland.

Brown I'll give you but he cost about ?4million

Armstrong and GMS cost Celtic ?2million plus addons.

Griffiths cost ?1million quid and even then it was from Wolves

Tierney came through the youth system at Celtic.

Forest came through the youth system at Celtic.

Kind of makes your "most of whom have come from other Scottish prem teams" look less than accurate.

Of the ones that did come from Scottish prem teams we could not afford the fees involved nor the salaries.

I kind of get your point though,

Archived