Bring Back Paulo Sergio

***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Sir Gio

You're forgetting Martin signed a pretty lengthy contract in January.

I did at that.

maroonnicky63

Think McGinn is a real possibility. Out of contract and hasn't announced his next destination yet, if he had signed for a club down south we probably would have heard about it.

Think McGinn is a real possibility. Out of contract and hasn't announced his next destination yet, if he had signed for a club down south we probably would have heard about it.

don't know where you got that from Aberdeen pay their players way more than we do , we would have to break our wage structure to do that and that in-itself would cause holy murder with the other players.I would like him to sign as well but can't see it happening.

kimosavi

According to rudolph a player flew in from dublin this morning

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Clark Griswold

According to rudolph a player flew in from dublin this morning

By sleigh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davy25841

A few year's ago there was a thing called swop transfers. Do they still exist or am I missing something ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

KingRudiSkacel51

Jose goncalves has been a free agent since January and at only 31 he could still do a job for us at LB.

RustyRightPeg

Jose goncalves has been a free agent since January and at only 31 he could still do a job for us at LB.

He's played CB in the MLS for the years he was there, and was unbelievable. I'd happily have him at the left of a back 3.

I get the impression coming from that league he might command quite the salary.

vegas-voss

He's played CB in the MLS for the years he was there, and was unbelievable. I'd happily have him at the left of a back 3.

Would great signing

AlimOzturk

Jose Goncalves has been a free agent since January :wow:

Some player he was. Great signkng and could cover left back better than any player we currently have

ramrod

Get the Shepard signed up pronto I say .

kimosavi

Goncalves is only 31

Incredible

RS86

He hasn't scored 11 goals in Serie A. He scored 11 goals in Serie B when Palermo were down there, and that was in 34 appearances, frighteningly average. Not to mention they won the league that season so were the best team in that league and he manages 1 in 3. He'd be coming to the 4th or 5th best team with far less goal scoring chances.

Same team same season. Paulo Dybala 5 goals in 28 games. Don't think I have to add much to that tbh

The White Cockade

Jose Goncalves was great at centre back for us but shocking played out of position at left back

i'd take him in the centre but not as a left back

I liked him but people seem to have short memories as he took pelters on here the same as most of the current mob do

JJ93

He's played CB in the MLS for the years he was there, and was unbelievable. I'd happily have him at the left of a back 3.

Good call... 

Apache Mal

Surely McGregor could still command a salary in excess of ?20K per week. What am I missing?

Sir Gio

Jose Goncalves on one leg would have been an improvement on this season. Quality, quality player

Barack

Surely McGregor could still command a salary in excess of ?20K per week. What am I missing?

Maybe. But Tziolis was on that once upon a time, at least.

Berra's been on a decent wage. Unless he does somehow end up going to Rangers, then we'd all guess it'll be money that's talking.

If he's coming to us, it's family/personal reasons.

There's no reason why Allan McGregor, who is a millionaire in his own right, wouldn't drop a hefty portion of his wage if he's already made his money, and also wants to return home for family reasons.

We can all surmise and second guess, but it's a rumour that does seemingly have some substance to it, however small.

Do I think personally it'll happen? No. Would I take him if the sliver of a chance appeared? Of course. So would any club, let alone Hearts.

Edited by Barack

Taffin

Jose goncalves would make a great left centre back in a 343.

Samuel Camazzola

I really liked Shaun Hutchinson when he was at Motherwell. I know he moved from Fulham to Millwall last summer but haven't seen many Millwall games to see how he's been or if he's featured much. Someone of that experience and age would be satisfying to have on board.

weegie jambo

Have it on good authority we have offered Tony Andreu a deal.

JAMMY1980

How reliable is your source mate?

the_jailer

Not been that impressed with him at United

weegie jambo

How reliable is your source mate?

shares an agent with my prospective son in law, so fairly sound I hope!

JAMMY1980

Cheers for info

JAMMY1980

Not been that impressed with him at United

16 goals in 26 appearances not shabby for a midfielder

weegie jambo

also told that his agent offered him to Hibs too but we had actually offered him a deal when he was touted to us

the_jailer

Never knew he scored that many. Hopefully he could be a decent player if we get him.

JAMMY1980

Never knew he scored that many. Hopefully he could be a decent player if we get him.

11 in league and 5 in cups.

JAMMY1980

also told that his agent offered him to Hibs too but we had actually offered him a deal when he was touted to us

The only thing is he seems to be contracted to Norwich till summer 2018.

weegie jambo

apparently he's a bit of a shoot on sight guy and gets a fair few assists from knock downs

JAMMY1980

He's got year left on Norwich contract

weegie jambo

maybe they just want him off the wage bill again? they (Norwich) seem to be shedding a few players at the moment

JamboAl

I think the fact that his agent is offering him to other clubs suggests Norwich are willing to tear up his contract with maybe a wee bit comp thrown in.

Holyrood_Hearts

I'd be happy to get him. Was excellent at Hamilton prior to his move to Norwich.

kingantti1874

Sow and the Shepherd.. I'd not even moan about cathro till next season. Sadly neither will happen

Deans Jambo

Looks a good player.

Has also scored against and beat the Hibs!

Ray has bus pass hooray

high salary might not be the case when Andy Driver went over he was only on $250k a year which was around ?4k a week. I remember somebody posted the salaries of all players on here and only the real top top players got the big bucks.

RustyRightPeg

Suspect they will let him go. Neil got the sack and he was very much an Alex Neil signing.

Not seen too much of him, goal scoring record doesn't lie though. IIRC he scored 3 or 4 in a League Cup game for Norwich prior to signing for Utd earlier this season...

Captain Canada

I'd love to see Jose Goncalves back. Berra, Souttar, Hughes and Jose would be a good starting point to build from.

rudi must stay

Jose Goncalves has been a free agent since January :wow:

Some player he was. Great signkng and could cover left back better than any player we currently have

Great athlete but I was never a fan of Goncalves. Just a player I never got excited about, very ordinary and didn't do much going forward. Wouldn't be happy with that one, Andreu though, definitely. He could really hurt teams in the middle for Hearts, home and away. Edited by rudi must stay

buzzbomb

Quite like the look of Falkirk's LB Leahy any time I've watched him.

Spencer

Great athlete but I was never a fan of Goncalves. Just a player I never got excited about, very ordinary and didn't do much going forward. Wouldn't be happy with that one, Andreu though, definitely. He could really hurt teams in the middle for Hearts, home and away.

Away from home? Nah we like being diarrhoea away from home. Nae point bringing in anyone who'd make a positive impact in away games.

Best just be entirely subservient and get season tickets renewed on mass.

It'll all come good in the end

buzzbomb

Marc McNulty signing for Coventry

rudi must stay

Away from home? Nah we like being diarrhoea away from home. Nae point bringing in anyone who'd make a positive impact in away games.

Certainly we aren't getting results, but I don't think we're too bad away from home. We just don't take our chances

John Findlay

Marc McNulty signing for Coventry

Here lies the problem. A team in the lowest league in England can pay higher wages than a team seen as the third largest in Scotland. Just let that sink in.

rudi must stay

Here lies the problem. A team in the lowest league in England can pay higher wages than a team seen as the third largest in Scotland. Just let that sink in.

If we were after him, he'd have signed for us I think. Edinburgh is still a sway, as I think would be the nice new stand. But other teams in Scotland definitely have the money problem

Captain America

Would love if Jose came back to us.

Sir Gio

Unfortunately our owners are not filthy rich people who will fund at the sight of rebellion. We are in no position to currently rebel. Its not as if rebelling will see any investment, so the only way not to go further back is not to be subservient, but supportive, because for the majority of the time, they have got it very right.

Short termism simply is not an option. If we are heading toward relegation next season, I am pretty certain changes will happen, but we wont because we are signing players of a higher quality, because we will have more money, because of the fantastic leadership, or is that stand a mirage? Were the League Tables showing a record breaking 1st, an incredible points tally for a team on an 80k pp budget, and albeit a hugely disappointing 5th. But still 5th, not bottom half, 5th.

Its no grounds for mass dissention.....yet

JamboAl

Quite like the look of Falkirk's LB Leahy any time I've watched him.

They're supposed to have another promising young LB Tony Gallacher.

buzzbomb

Yeah, I've seen him too. Wouldn't say ready yet and I think he's one Falkirk will look to potentially get money for from down south.

They're supposed to have another promising young LB Tony Gallacher.