***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Captain America

An over 30 year old I would think might "do a job" is Danny Grainger. Knows the club and takes a mean penalty.

Can't see him moving. 

Captain at his home town club. I have a feeling Carlisle will be his last club. He signed new one year deal pretty recent. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm perfectly aware of that.

All I'm pointing out is we need more Souttars are less Avlonitis'

This is a frustration that goes back to Pieman days.

Need to start flexing our muscle as the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, who are situated in the best city in Scotland. Any player playing for another prem club bar Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers would jump at the chance to play at Hearts and out signing policy should take more advantage of that IMO.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Avlonitis was 6 months cover that was available, like a lot of the January signings. This window will be very different and far more beneficial.

Gordon was signed from Sunderland.

Brown I'll give you but he cost about ?4million

Armstrong and GMS cost Celtic ?2million plus addons.

Griffiths cost ?1million quid and even then it was from Wolves

Tierney came through the youth system at Celtic.

Forest came through the youth system at Celtic.

Kind of makes your "most of whom have come from other Scottish prem teams" look less than accurate.

Of the ones that did come from Scottish prem teams we could not afford the fees involved nor the salaries.

I kind of get your point though,

You should think shame of yourself putting facts in the way of a good moan. 

To be fair they all had good knowledge of the SPL but where we were going to get ?7m, 3 years after admin, for Brown, Armstrong, GMS and Griffiths is an answer I am dying to hear.

I may add that when Celtic signed Gordon many had doubts about his fitness which in hindsight have proved unfounded.  Signing players with question marks over their fitness is something Kickback has panned the club for.

So to sum up and 17 pages in nobody has a clue who we are after bar Berra

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did you realise our club nearly died 3 years ago and we are gradually getting back on our feet?

And our recruitment policy is in the process of being revamped.

How many times does this get brought up. Do you seriously think that there is a Hearts fan anywhere in the world who is not aware of this fact.

The point that the poster is making is our signing policy and why we have adopted the approach we have.

Our DOF has had three years in his role and how come it is only now that he is reviewing the signing policy?

It takes time to make up for the failures of the past agreed but that does not excuse the failings we have had in the transfer market to date. They more than outway the positive ones.

To his credit he has re-vamped the youth recruitment but as we all know that takes time to see the benefits and it is always a gamble with the younger age groups as very few every make it all the way through to the first team.

The club seem to be pretty adept at keeping signings under wraps so really not concerned about the lack of press speculation.

What is starting to worry me is selling the club to potential signings. It only takes a little effort to find out we are in a deep rut and additional things like the Johnsen episode this week, irrespective of who's to blame, only make us look more shambolic. We have not exactly set the heather on fire developing players we have signed and you wonder what the general opinion is of us among players and agents at the moment.

How many times does this get brought up. Do you seriously think that there is a Hearts fan anywhere in the world who is not aware of this fact.

The point that the poster is making is our signing policy and why we have adopted the approach we have.

Our DOF has had three years in his role and how come it is only now that he is reviewing the signing policy?

It takes time to make up for the failures of the past agreed but that does not excuse the failings we have had in the transfer market to date. They more than outway the positive ones.

To his credit he has re-vamped the youth recruitment but as we all know that takes time to see the benefits and it is always a gamble with the younger age groups as very few every make it all the way through to the first team.

It gets brought up every time people voice unrealistic expectations of the club and will continue to be brought up in those circumstances whether you like it or not - it is fact!

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession re the DoF.  Did he trample in your flower beds or possibly even worse?

We set out 3 years ago shopping around in the basement bargain dept and took risks with players who maybe had fitness and attitude doubts.  Overall it has not paid off but did serve a purpose.  I am hoping the revamp is because these days are behind us and we are moving upmarket.  Time will tell.

What I do know is your continuous moaning and groaning will achieve nothing

It gets brought up every time people voice unrealistic expectations of the club and will continue to be brought up in those circumstances whether you like it or not - it is fact!

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession re the DoF.  Did he trample in your flower beds or possibly even worse?

We set out 3 years ago shopping around in the basement bargain dept and took risks with players who maybe had fitness and attitude doubts.  Overall it has not paid off but did serve a purpose.  I am hoping the revamp is because these days are behind us and we are moving upmarket.  Time will tell.

What I do know is your continuous moaning and groaning will achieve nothing

Shopping around the "Bargain Basement" is what St Johnstone do and have done successfully for some time now. We haven't beaten them away since 2012 incidentally.

Do you really think that their wage budget is anything like ours?

You say I am moaning and groaning but when you reply in the fashion you do what is that exactly other than moaning at me.

This is a forum for fans to air their views and just because we don't all agree doesn't make one right and the other wrong.

We obviously have different opinions and in our own eyes we think we are right so let's just leave it at that.

Bridge of Djoum

Says the wee laddie who spent most of his time on this thread throwing in random names.

Brilliant.

On topic, I think our summer recruitment will be very shrewd. I believe Cathro is being given time because January windows are notoriously difficult, and most of the signings we made were stop gap. Not ideal, granted, but it is what it is. This time there will be more focus on the quality and how they fit into the system and style IC wants to adopt.

Please don't sign Kyle Lafferty. Decent player, yes, but I'd find it hard to suppport such an absolute welt.

Austin MacPhee was fairly negative about him at the meet the management event.

Phil D. Corners

TBF even Berra is not a done deal.

Bridge of Djoum

TBF even Berra is not a done deal.

True. He is the closest to being so, though.

Apparently.

His auld mans a jambo fae Gorgie

Allan was a Hearts fan at school. Years at Ibrox changed that mind. Zero chance of him coming to Hearts.

Tasavallan

Edinburgh boy to boot....

Another Hutchie lad.

alicante jambo

Allan was a Hearts fan at school. Years at Ibrox changed that mind. Zero chance of him coming to Hearts.

Who are we talking about here bud scott allan?

I think it's McGregor the goalkeeper he's on about.

Says the wee laddie who spent most of his time on this thread throwing in random names.

Brilliant.

On topic, I think our summer recruitment will be very shrewd. I believe Cathro is being given time because January windows are notoriously difficult, and most of the signings we made were stop gap. Not ideal, granted, but it is what it is. This time there will be more focus on the quality and how they fit into the system and style IC wants to adopt.

wee laddie rofl

Any hoo

POTENTIAL - having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future.

The post does read potential signings Princess x

You have contributed nothing but drivel in your post. Keep up eh

Bridge of Djoum

wee laddie rofl

Any hoo

POTENTIAL - having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future.

The post does read potential signings Princess x

You have contributed nothing but drivel in your post. Keep up eh

You very clearly missed out the important word, ''rumours''.

The names you threw in were not rumours. Just who you thought we should sign.

Ok, Princess?

PS. Please stop following me on Tapatalk. That's just creepy. 

Ok, Princess?

...........more drivel

Bridge of Djoum

...........more drivel

No, you are most assuredly following me on Tapatalk.

Ok, Princess?

You clearly dont know that when you reply to someone on tapatalk it AUTOMATICALLY follows the person you have replied to

Duh....

So unless you have any potential signings or rumours then put a lid on the drivel and comment when you have something for us

Cheers Princess x

William H. Bonney

Get a room you two!

The kind of room Indiana Jones and short round get stuck in.

The kind of room Indiana Jones and short round get stuck in.

a9814944818732fa0c8f9c9b898284ea.jpg

Bridge of Djoum

You clearly dont know that when you reply to someone on tapatalk it AUTOMATICALLY follows the person you have replied to

Duh....

So unless you have any potential signings or rumours then put a lid on the drivel and comment when you have something for us

Cheers Princess x

Yes, but I'm asking you to stop. I'm not questioning how it happened. 

Yes, but I'm asking you to stop. I'm not questioning how it happened.

And i'm saying no

jamboinglasgow

Berra and Allan to be announced early next week.

I presume the Allan you mean is Scott Allan, which if thats the case I presume its a loan as he still has 2 years left on his contract. 

I presume the Allan you mean is Scott Allan, which if thats the case I presume its a loan as he still has 2 years left on his contract.

No

Allan McGregor

Good chance Sellick wouldn't mind getting shot if him.

Shopping around the "Bargain Basement" is what St Johnstone do and have done successfully for some time now. We haven't beaten them away since 2012 incidentally.

Do you really think that their wage budget is anything like ours?

You say I am moaning and groaning but when you reply in the fashion you do what is that exactly other than moaning at me.

This is a forum for fans to air their views and just because we don't all agree doesn't make one right and the other wrong.

We obviously have different opinions and in our own eyes we think we are right so let's just leave it at that.

How many times do I have to say that we lost 2 key players through long term injury and 2 to ACoN. Ozturk who had already been out of favour with RN took a deal abroad as did Rossi while Muirhead followed RN to MK Dons.  We received fees for all 3 and their contracts were up anyway in Summer.  That I suggest is foresight and good business.  Since they had to be replaced in a notoriously poor January window, temporary, I repeat temporary, signings were made in the cases of 7 of the 9 additions.  One of these was an amateur with no financial cost.

St Johnstone by contrast made few if any signings; probably felt they did not need to (their expectations are lower than ours) nor were they in admin 3 years ago.  If you think St J do better than us why don't you go and support them.

Incidentally if you check your facts you'll see it is longer than 2012 since we last beat them away and CL wasn't there then.

How decent is your source?

They are both pretty decent and both saying the same thing. Both deals done. Time will tell how good their info is this time.

Yes. Had it been the keeper I would have said McGregor because I'm not on first name terms with him.

i believe contracts can be terminated early by mutual consent. Sure I have heard of it happening before.

i believe contracts can be terminated early by mutual consent. Sure I have heard of it happening before.

So Scott Allan is going to give up the biggest wage he's ever going to get to come to us? Sorry don't believe it for a second.

So Scott Allan is going to give up the biggest wage he's ever going to get to come to us? Sorry don't believe it for a second.

Depends if he wants to play really though. Players have taken wage cuts before in favour of first team football. Wasn't he in the team that Cathro brought through & played under Levein?

Tynecastlesmychurch

Berra and Allan to be announced early next week.

That's really interesting that you say we are after Scott Alan because I've heard that also. Not about it being anounced next week. Honestly just thought it was us being linked to him again. Maybe their is truth in it this time?

Tynecastlesmychurch

He was earning more down in England. And I've heard from one my mates (he's a Celtic fan) that he's being released.

That's really interesting that you say we are after Scott Alan because I've heard that also. Not about it being anounced next week. Honestly just thought it was us being linked to him again. Maybe their is truth in it this time?

Heard the same from someone who said his source works for the club. In what capacity i dont know. I just assumed it was our yearly association with him

Not everyone sees money as their prime objective.

The same could be said about Berra.  He would probably earn more in England and if he does sign for us then he's clearly not money obsessed.

ugh.

Scott Allan really? :(

Brock fallan would improve our midfield

When a contract is terminated by mutual consent there is invariably a pay-off to one of the parties. I'd imagine Allan would receive a pay-off if his big wage contract finishes early. Saves selling club money and enables player to move on without huge financial hit.

Brock fallan would improve our midfield

True. I just want a player who appreciates what it means to play for a club like Hearts. Allans history is itchy feet. I don't want us wasting time trying to build a team round him for him to force a move to the huns the following season.

Moreover I'd question how effective he is. Compare his stats at Hibs with Paterson. He was less influential as an attacking midfielder than a right back ffs. Thats shocking.

He's a mediocre player with delusions of grandeur. Not someone I want at our club. 

William H. Bonney

Allan won't be at hearts for multiple reasons

McGregor or scott? I'm confused.

Archived