Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

Silvery_Moon

Should have gone after the Easter Road debacle. It was clear he didn't have what it takes to manage Heart of Midlothian. Having survived that he should certainly have walked (or been shoved) after the last home game of the season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffalo Bill

Signature updated...

I have been a no since the weaknesses he displays started and became obvious, about two games into his tenancy. Time is one thing I have quite a lot of on a daily basis, I fill a considerable amount of this time watching a variety of sports. I have opined before that Cathro lost the dressing room some time ago, the Hibs game was the one that proved this.  Professionals not trying a leg, no self pride, and no effort, classic symptoms of the dressing room lost malaise.

Why?, I believe that his lack of background in the game is one thing, difficult for experienced reasonably successful older players to accept this. No counselling by older players required the youngsters see the attitude of the older more experienced men, and follow their example accordingly.

Who is responsible, I would suggest management, and I mean by that Ms Budge and Levein.  Failure to take the required action is unfair to supporters, players and staff, it is equally unfair to Ian Cathro, the longer this is allowed to go on the more sullied his reputation will become, and his ability to find future employment may be marginalised. If he were allowed to go now, or indeed told to go now, there may be a team better placed and suited to offer him an opportunity to gain further experience, and possibly have the opportunity to test some of his theories in a less stressful environment. Unfortunately if something does not happen he can become a pariah that no one will touch.

I am primarily a hockey fan, and losing the dressing room is a fairly common syndrome, generally the coach is promptly fired, and as in many cases learns from the experience and has a succesful career in the future. I would wish the same for this young man.

If nothing else, this poll is going to Out quite a few interlopers.

It doesn't matter as the Hobos on here are untouchable.

heartsfc_fan

Been a supporter of Cathro from day one. Time is up though now, he must be replaced.

It's getting harder to defend Cathro, results are not going the way we would have hoped.

I think he will be here at least until the Winter break, if results don't come in the first 15-20 games, I do think the board will take that decision to let him go. I hope it doesn't come to that because it means Hearts would have been losing games, if he stays, it means we've been winning and will be in a position to challenge.

I get behind whatever players are on the pitch and whatever manager is the current Hearts manager. I'm not wasting energy yelling abuse towards our own team at games, it sounds ridiculous when you say it, I'd rather encourage the team to do better and be positive towards our own team, but I do understand some fans need to release frustrations and this is a way for them to do it.

If I was to make a prediction, I don't think Cathro will be able to turn things round, but I'll support him for as long as he is Hearts manager.

It's getting harder to defend Cathro, results are not going the way we would have hoped.

I think he will be here at least until the Winter break, if results don't come in the first 15-20 games, I do think the board will take that decision to let him go. I hope it doesn't come to that because it means Hearts would have been losing games, if he stays, it means we've been winning and will be in a position to challenge.

I get behind whatever players are on the pitch and whatever manager is the current Hearts manager. I'm not wasting energy yelling abuse towards our own team at games, it sounds ridiculous when you say it, I'd rather encourage the team to do better and be positive towards our own team, but I do understand some fans need to release frustrations and this is a way for them to do it.

If I was to make a prediction, I don't think Cathro will be able to turn things round, but I'll support him for as long as he is Hearts manager.

"Position to challenge"??????? Wtf.

60 stay votes have been deleted (and presumably changed) since I made my vote an hour ago.

I was one of them.

Definitely enough is enough. He's tried his best but it isn't good enough.

FWIW I don't think the team are that bad just missing a goalkeeper, midfielder, a right winger and someone who can organise them.

Final straw for me today tactical inept and obviously cannot inspire the players at all has to go ASAP

Nucky Thompson

The worst manager in our history. We should have kicked on with a clean slate after admin. Great fans funding the club, no debt but CL and his vanity project and big ego are dragging us down

Bowmans_Boot

I was one of them.

Definitely enough is enough. He's tried his best but it isn't good enough.

FWIW I don't think the team are that bad just missing a goalkeeper, midfielder, a right winger and someone who can organise them.

I am in the same category as you. I was excited by his appointment and looked forward to a new, exciting era at our club. Sadly, it hasnt worked out at all, we are a shambles and an embarrassment and he just needs to go now.

Just changed my vote to go. I was always giving him the summer and the start of the season but today was the last straw, out thought and out played by Dunfermline when we knew what we had to do to qualify. I went today thinking that as it's a must win game we will surely turn it on and get the win but it was just another damp squib.

Mate,........... did your mum never tell you the pied piper story ?

tartofmidlothian

60 stay votes have been deleted (and presumably changed) since I made my vote an hour ago.

It was 55% go when I changed an hour and a half ago, now it's 59%.

Gordon Ramsay

"Position to challenge"??????? Wtf.

Remarkable.

This man will have us in a relegation dogfight, I have absolutely no idea why any Hearts fan or fan of any other team tbh would think differently. The stats do not lie.

A complete and utter failure of a manager.

May as well wait until we get horsed 7 nil by Celtic before sacking him.

His appointment has been a disaster since day 1.

Has he gone yet?

That's quite a shift in one day btw. Was only just over 50% in favour of him going this morning.

Elias Henry Furst

Has he gone yet?

That's quite a shift in one day btw. Was only just over 50% in favour of him going this morning.

Finishing 3rd in the group will do that.

An utter embarrassment.

I have deleted my stay vote.

The clown must go now, if he remains, the new stand will sit empty. On paper we have a really good team, but under his supposed leadership we ate struggling. I'm sure Cathro could get real Madrid relegated.

Staggered that he didn't go right after the final whistle. Incredible. It's 8 wins in 30 games or something similar? We are genuinely only able to perform at mid-division 2 level. Not sometimes, not on a bad day The height of his ability is to have us playing as we are. There will never be anything above this utter mince while he is there.

I'll add that the absolute embarrassment of having a top flight side go out of this cup in this group... while taking penalties that couldn't even help, while the fans are simply walking out, AND losing them pens... HAS to be one of the most cringeworthy moments in our recent, possibly long term history. My skin crawls.

I'll add that the absolute embarrassment of having a top flight side go out of this cup in this group... while taking penalties that couldn't even help, while the fans are simply walking out, AND losing them pens... HAS to be one of the most cringeworthy moments in our recent, possibly long term history. My skin crawls.

Must be the only time I can remember penalties being meaningless........

Cathro has had his chances. However, instead of turning it around, he has turned our team into spineless, relegation material.

It has to be game over for him now. It's time for someone else.

I'm gutted it hasn't worked for Ian, but the Club comes first.

Independence

I also want to know what makes Cathro so special that at such a young age with no managerial experience and have never played the game professionally was given the hot seat at a club like Hearts. Can someone please tell me.

NO! That's looking back! Why? I think IC should go but what an absurd post!!!!!

Independence

Cathro has had his chances. However, instead of turning it around, he has turned our team into spineless, relegation material.

It has to be game over for him now. It's time for someone else.

I'm gutted it hasn't worked for Ian, but the Club comes first.

& a laughing stock!

Bowmans_Boot

Yep. We are in an unwinnable penalty shoot out while the mighty Peterhead overtake us. Beyond embarrassing.

39% stay FFS!!!! Hibees and idiots!!!!

The Future's Maroon

I changed my vote. Tried and hoped it could work, but nope, time to go I think.

Paul Hartley already approach this evening I was told, but to be honest don't trust it myself -not an it's post, sounds more a hopeful guess.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have been offline for an hour or more and I was sort of expecting IC to have done the honourable thing and resigned by the time I looked in again. Come on Ian it is the right thing to do for the club and your future in coaching.

I think he'll be given until the winter break. Thankfully we don't enter the Scottish Cup until after the break so we might still have a chance to resurrect the season to an extent. Just hope we aren't adrift at the bottom by then.

Let's face our season will be over by mid September and we'll be left chasing a top six place by the new year. I was all for giving him time but nothing is changing the man must go now.If he can't fall on his own sword then AB has to do what's best.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think he'll be given until the winter break. Thankfully we don't enter the Scottish Cup until after the break so we might still have a chance to resurrect the season to an extent. Just hope we aren't adrift at the bottom by then.

Keeping him that long would be a disaster for the club that no fan would tolerate. Even if were to scrape the odd win we are only going downhill with IC around.

Keeping him that long would be a disaster for the club that no fan would tolerate. Even if were to scrape the odd win we are only going downhill with IC around.

After the first round of fixtures I can see us having anywhere from 3-9 points. That could see us rooted to the bottom very early on. As we know from the relegation season, once the confidence evaporates and the pressure builds, points become even more scarce.

Archived