Wake up Budge...! ( merged threads )

Section Q

the big show

I reckon this new thread will be the straw that broke the camel's back. All hail the magic thread.

i reckon if she does not act soon it's only a matter of time before the fighting starts in the stands ..  it's been brewing for a while now and the atmosphere is getting more toxic game by game and anyone that can't see it either does not go to games or is just in total denial . accident waiting to happen mark my words . 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Burley

Burley director of football with Alan Archibald as head coach if I could choose an affordable and quite realistic team.

i reckon if she does not act soon it's only a matter of time before the fighting starts in the stands .. it's been brewing for a while now and the atmosphere is getting more toxic game by game and anyone that can't see either does not go to games or is just in total denial . accident waiting to happen mark my words .

Fighting in the stands is because the support is split as feck. People like me who have been going since the 90s in 30s who support hearts because it's what I've always done, people who started supporting during Romanov who now feel entitlement to win shit when in reality we don't as we overspent, people who are older than me who get angry at the teens/mid 20s guys saying how shite it is, the young team who Budge doesn't want and the people who blindly follow Budge and what she says because she "saved us" (no it was the fans, Ann helped big time tho) it's all rumbling. This place, I've not been on long but it's kamikaze as feck. Personally I'm happy for memories I've had, gutted I missed them with people who first took me, delighted we still have a club, have no sense of entitlement but although Levein was one of my fave players (mclaren I rated more) and he was a brilliant manager that took no shit from the gfa, it's not right he's untouchable, especially that he's in a position that was created mainly due to us spending everything we had to save us. I've searched but I can't see a Levein on the top, he's no obligation to of course not pledge but he's a huge responsibility to his supporters and he's failing massively.

And no fecking danger Neil would come near us.

There will be sod all movement from Budge. Clubs sporting side is ran by Levein, not sure how people can't get their heads round this? It's a partnership with them two and until we buy Ann out Craig will have full control of footballing matters and that's that.

And there's no fecking danger that Mo Johnson will ever sign for Rangers.........oh wait a minute.

So your saying Craig Levein is the only man in the world for Ann Budge as Director of Football hence Cathro & co stay.

Give us all a break.

Fighting in the stands

ROFL

****ing hell - i am clearly missing some sort of sad mid-life crisis combined with nervous breakdown....

Are a chunk of our fans at that funny sort of age at the moment?

Is there something else going on in scotland that I am not aware of?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

time for us all to admit we've got it wrong, swallow our pride and make Robbie an offer he cannot refuse

Bring him back for 5 years to complete the journey, with Rogers likely to have left Celtic during the period, we could rack up multiple leagues

Robbie's then got another 5 years under his belt, Mourihno thinking about moving upstairs at united

win win

make it happen mrs B

Stephane Grappelli

I reckon this new thread will be the straw that broke the camel's back. All hail the magic thread.

No need to take the hump...

This. Cathro himself said January windows arent very good.

He will be given til xmas.

He will get get 5 seasons, unless we get relegated.

ford donald

Budge said in december a new manager in any business needs a year.

That is as long as there is progress being made,none being made here!

I'm not sure we will hear publically from AB until the season is over. Get the feeling Cathro will get to bring in his own players over summer and be given until October/November. Not itk just reckon that this is how it's going to pan out.

Think we could lose every game between now & end of season & he'd still be in a job. Can't see anything else happening tbh

the big show

Fighting in the stands

ROFL

******* hell - i am clearly missing some sort of sad mid-life crisis combined with nervous breakdown....

Are a chunk of our fans at that funny sort of age at the moment?

Is there something else going on in scotland that I am not aware of?

YOU .. most likely did not notice any of it because you maybe don't attend all games or were sitting doing your knitting ROFL , but it was volatile up at Aberdeen , Partick , and at ST johnstone the other night which there was small bouts of it .. Also many games last season ..  ignore it at your peril and you can ROFL all you want , But you trying telling me it was not ready to kick of at Aberdeen and i will call you liar and lets just say there was quite a few very lucky that day ...  were you there ? i have my doubts .

I am sure she will be asking where we are in terms of development in the football side , have we maximised revenue from players left or leaving , where do we see the immediate future and how we continue to make decisions . Not convinced with the talk of the academy and new kids coming in board they have a long long way to go and I will put it out there and say they will be not match what was brought through by Darren Murray's team 5/6 years ago, I would think under the HOY John Murray . For me it is propoganda to put smoke in the way of the 1st progress and how it is in free fall .

I still think the financial burden of removing key personnel will mean she lets it ride till the season end at least . Can she afford to with season ticket sales and empty seats as witnessed on Sunday

No he won't - the fans will own the Club by then

This is what winds me up

The people who run our club are happy to release statements banning fans, or asking for money off the fans but when there is a clear and ever widening disconnection with our DOF and manager they think it will go away..........it won't. The harsh reality is that if they continue to avoid this then the fans will be forced to vote with their feet and money which has already begun.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Captain America

YOU .. most likely did not notice any of it because you maybe don't attend all games or were sitting doing your knitting ROFL , but it was volatile up at Aberdeen , Partick , and at ST johnstone the other night which there was small bouts of it .. Also many games last season ..  ignore it at your peril and you can ROFL all you want , But you trying telling me it was not ready to kick of at Aberdeen and i will call you liar and lets just say there was quite a few very lucky that day ...  were you there ? i have my doubts .

I don't know about fighting in stands but atmosphere against Partick was quite volatile. 

Growing numbers are getting unhappier with every pathetic display we witness, if this team don't win another game this season Budge will have to act. 

Yes, just when they will be needing  20,000 footfalls to help pay for  ( hopefully) better players and the new stand etc, there could be less than 16,000 of us.  

Ann really must start to influence how Craig is operating recently, and hopefully turnaround.  Cathro is a work in non progress, our team is mince. 

Boyces beard

So obvious.

How many names have you used.

Have you ever had sex.

Sad little hobo.

This!

No chance. Bad results + falling attendances = Da Boot...!

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Burley director of football with Alan Archibald as head coach if I could choose an affordable and quite realistic team.

If burley has fixed his discipline issues it would be a great move.

No he won't - the fans will own the Club by then

That should be the rallying call for us fans to stick together.

People are forgetting the aim of FOH is to make the club fan owned. I can just about understand people making a financial decision not to renew a ST but to cancel subscriptions for FOH is counter productive. We are only punishing ourselves by doing that.

We have come to far and given to much to give up now.

the big show

That should be the rallying call for us fans to stick together.

People are forgetting the aim of FOH is to make the club fan owned. I can just about understand people making a financial decision not to renew a ST but to cancel subscriptions for FOH is counter productive. We are only punishing ourselves by doing that.

We have come to far and given to much to give up now.

It's one thing saying we have come to far and given to much to give up now ... However this is not just about the appointment and what has happened since Cathro come in ....  it is a continuation from last season as well under Robbie and for a very large number of our fans it is a step to far to put up with it any longer ... Also people seem to forget half of the tom kite the club and management half come out with so it's not surprising people are at the final straw stage given what has went on ...  Another thing The amount of money we have wasted is staggering yet nobody seems accountable it's just one saga after another while Budge and Levein sit saying SFA ...  personally i can fully understand why people are making these decisions because being honest we could hardly say the fans hard earned cash has been spent wisely yet there are some who wan't to give them further opportunity ... Really ? just sit back and think about it .....

The point about money wasted is valid. Budge plans/organises the budget and Levein blows it...!

Lot of comments here are reckless and out of order.

Budge/Levein have done a pretty good job since coming in and have laid down a blueprint. The coaching side of things was to be continuous - meaning that if one coach left, then another would be able to slot straight in. The blueprint also meant that the Head Coach would be someone with potential rather rather a finished article, Robbie Neilson was such an appointment, so for that matter was Ian Cathro. Neilson worked, Cathro (so far) hasn't.

The fact that Cathro now looks to be a mistake should not be held against Budge/Levein. No business, football or otherwise, do not make mistakes. 

The current problems have occurred since Cathro's appointment and in my opinion, the fault lies fairly and squarely at his feet. 

Cathro may not even be a mistake. He might just not be as good as they thought he would be. There are no guarantees when appointing a manager or head coach.

Evidence: Every football club ever

The important thing is that decisions are made for the right reasons and there's a good rationale and plan, which in Cathro's case there was.

The alternative way is Romanov's - complete anarchy and making it up on the fly.

Funnily enough may thought Levein and Budge were mad getting rid of Locke and various players and appointing Neilson. Turned out they were right to do so. Many thought appointing Cathro was the right move. 

sandylejambo

Cathro may not even be a mistake. He might just not be as good as they thought he would be. There are no guarantees when appointing a manager or head coach.

The important thing is that decisions are made for the right reasons and there's a good rationale and plan, which in Cathro's case there was.

The alternative way is Romanov's - complete anarchy and making it up on the fly.

I don't think the "Romanov way" is the only other way, lots of teams don't do it the Romanov way or the rookie manager way

I don't think the "Romanov way" is the only other way, lots of teams don't do it the Romanov way or the rookie manager way

The middle way was Hibs way the last 10 years. A new manager every time things went pear-shaped - each worse than the last.

Levein got it right with the Neilson appointment. So far, Cathro isn't working out but I'd be much more worried if we had people in charge who appointed a young manager and then only gave him 3 months.

The middle way was Hibs way the last 10 years. A new manager every time things went pear-shaped - each worse than the last.

Levein got it right with the Neilson appointment. So far, Cathro isn't working out but I'd be much more worried if we had people in charge who appointed a young manager and then only gave him 3 months.

In the real world managers get their jotters for doing a terrible job, that's why you see teams that are woefully underperforming sacking their manager and usually replacing them with someone that does a better job.

In the real world managers get their jotters for doing a terrible job, that's why you see teams that are woefully underperforming sacking their manager and usually replacing them with someone that does a better job.

Not usually after 3 months though.

MacDonald Jardine

Funnily enough may thought Levein and Budge were mad getting rid of Locke and various players and appointing Neilson. Turned out they were right to do so. Many thought appointing Cathro was the right move.

Yes it did.

Once we won the Championship they've adopted an approach of serially getting rid of a number of players every year.

Has that been successful?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think I would fancy the anarchy of 2 Scottish cups and only having to pay for my tickets rather than the present crap football and season ticket money and FOH subs.

It's one thing saying we have come to far and given to much to give up now ... However this is not just about the appointment and what has happened since Cathro come in .... it is a continuation from last season as well under Robbie and for a very large number of our fans it is a step to far to put up with it any longer ... Also people seem to forget half of the tom kite the club and management half come out with so it's not surprising people are at the final straw stage given what has went on ... Another thing The amount of money we have wasted is staggering yet nobody seems accountable it's just one saga after another while Budge and Levein sit saying SFA ... personally i can fully understand why people are making these decisions because being honest we could hardly say the fans hard earned cash has been spent wisely yet there are some who wan't to give them further opportunity ... Really ? just sit back and think about it .....

You have completely missed the point.

FOH is the only way fans can own the club and effect proper positive change.

Yes it did.

Once we won the Championship they've adopted an approach of serially getting rid of a number of players every year.

No team. No heart. No identity. 

The "club" has ripped the heart out of the team year in , year out and is now paying the price.   

The club will hang IC out to dry but the problems we are seeing now have been two years in the making. 

If this was 2012 JKB would be wetting itself. We have become Hibs. 

Yes it did.

We've had a couple of bad transfer windows but we recruited well to win the title and finish 3rd. Pushing on from there is harder obviously.

I think I would fancy the anarchy of 2 Scottish cups and only having to pay for my tickets rather than the present crap football and season ticket money and FOH subs.

This is the problem with some fans in a nutshell. Newer fans think 2 cups in 6 years is normal.

gorgie rd eh11

i reckon if she does not act soon it's only a matter of time before the fighting starts in the stands ..  it's been brewing for a while now and the atmosphere is getting more toxic game by game and anyone that can't see it either does not go to games or is just in total denial . accident waiting to happen mark my words .

What a knob.

This is the problem with some fans in a nutshell. Newer fans think 2 cups in 6 years is normal.

Correct.... one every 40 years or so with a tenants sixes thrown in is more realistic

Thing is though if we give him the summer transfer window to re-jig things again and we are still getting poor results by October/ November & then decide to empty him another season is written off.

I say get rid now & let new man assess squad & see what he needs for next season

Correct.... one every 40 years or so with a tenants sixes thrown in is more realistic

How old do you think we are! Every 10 years on average and that's just cups. And we're one of the better teams outwith the OF!

We've had a couple of bad transfer windows but we recruited well to win the title and finish 3rd. Pushing on from there is harder obviously.

If we recruited so well, why did we get rid of those we recruited so quickly?

How old do you think we are! Every 10 years on average and that's just cups. And we're one of the better teams outwith the OF!

Fair enough.... all I see is Celtic trebles for the foreseeable future.

Lot of comments here are reckless and out of order.

Budge/Levein have done a pretty good job since coming in and have laid down a blueprint. The coaching side of things was to be continuous - meaning that if one coach left, then another would be able to slot straight in. The blueprint also meant that the Head Coach would be someone with potential rather rather a finished article, Robbie Neilson was such an appointment, so for that matter was Ian Cathro. Neilson worked, Cathro (so far) hasn't.

The fact that Cathro now looks to be a mistake should not be held against Budge/Levein. No business, football or otherwise, do not make mistakes.

The current problems have occurred since Cathro's appointment and in my opinion, the fault lies fairly and squarely at his feet.

Good post.

I'm wanting Cathro to succeed,its difficult at the moment but I think (hope) it will come good.

I really don't get the clamour for a 'experienced' manager and players that know the league. I'm 45 and had 3 SC wins to celebrate, 1 close thing in the league, a few doing no bad till Christmas and the rest pretty average.

We're trying to do something different to address this, it's going to take time. Going back to the same old same old will give us nothing new.

I'm strapping myself in and trying to enjoy the ride.

Mon the JT's FTH.

ToadKiller Dog

We haven't recruited well since promotion ,we haven't built a spine of a squad ,we took a reckless gamble when Cathro was appointed by bringing in lots of new faces .Maybe we decided to go for instant success and go for second .

What ever the plan is ,it is failing and so far we have no evidence of change .

The board need to decide what's the bigger risk more radical change over the holidays or stick with where we are and fingers crossed all will get better .

It's going to be a difficult task to get a section of the active support ( those who go to games ) to buy into the waiting game if we don't start to see improvement and nobody can argue we have seen any so far .

If they get it wrong the next couple of seasons May be a wasted as much as this one .

stranraer-jambo

Thing is though if we give him the summer transfer window to re-jig things again and we are still getting poor results by October/ November & then decide to empty him another season is written off.

I say get rid now & let new man assess squad & see what he needs for next season

What if he recruits well over summer and the team is also doing well in October?

Or what if we were to get rid now, appoint a new man who also recruits badly over the summer and we are no better than we are at just now? That is also another season written off.

As others have posted, we do not want to be in constant transition by sacking/appointing every 5 minutes.

I commented in another thread that I am far from happy with current results and performances. I do believe, however, that the current management team should get the opportunity to rectify this on their own terms, ie a summer transfer window, pre season and the first half of next season. If there is no improvement then empty them then. No more of a risk than appointing a new team now.

Constantly changing coaches and players brings instability and short term thinking, only focusing about the here and now. We have been there before. It also unsettles the team and the fans.

If we want to achieve something different then we need to be prepared to do something different.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Archived