shots fired at westminster

reaths17

Governor Tarkin

Luckily we live in a country where knives and motor vehicles are the most damaging weapons headbangers can easily get their hands on.

Absolutely.

Our assorted security services and rozzers do an incredible job of keeping us safe.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zoltan socrates

What a disgraceful thread. Two pages in and we've Sten doing his usual trolling attempt, Zoltan doing his usual islam thing, then for a wee addition we've folk using it to point score over independence and Martin McGuiness. Some absolute ***** on this thread.

Shan times in London. Sounds like the emergency services response has been as good as possible which is good to hear. Hopefully no more deaths reported.

Thats right alph, its absolutely disgraceful condemning a fascist, supremist and highly apartheid driven movement isnt it

Ffs

Plenty sad unionists getting all upset, or at least pretending to be, that holyrood hasn't been suspended.

Some strange people on twitter.

You bet ^^^^

A witness on Sky News is saying he saw a body lying face down in the water. :(

Pulled out of the water, seriously injured but alive.

AlphonseCapone

Thats right alph, its absolutely disgraceful condemning a fascist, supremist and highly apartheid driven movement isnt it

Ffs

Mate its not necessarily what you have to say, it's that your first reaction is to come on here and rant about Islam rather than showing any concern for what's actually happening out there to real folk.

Governor Tarkin

Pulled out of the water, seriously injured but alive.

Nice one.

Cade being even more Cade than ever.

Phew, it's only cars and knives that's readily available.

That's okay then. **** acknowledging any problems. :lol: :lol:

William H. Bonney

As an aside I don't think I've ever heard of someone having 'catastrophic injuries'.

Must be a horrific situation to find yourself in.

Why should we suspend holyrood?

Ultimately, that lets they *******s win.

AlphonseCapone

Be a lot of folk with colleagues and friends at Westminster, can't be easy to focus on a debate with all that going on.

Unless the Police and security services think there is a danger of a Coordinated

attack.

Scotland is not immune from these attacks remember Glasgow Airport.

AlphonseCapone

Reckon two assailants.

Eye witness (so a lot of caution) says white bald man and black man with goatee.

zoltan socrates

Mate its not necessarily what you have to say, it's that your first reaction is to come on here and rant about Islam rather than showing any concern for what's actually happening out there to real folk.

I dont feel the need to virtue signal

Its a given that you feel sorry for the victims and their families

Lets get to the nuts of the issue instead of tip toeing around, hashtags and candle lit vigils is becoming insulting

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Mental issues?

Well, clearly, unless you think ploughing a car into people is rational behaviour.

Is it possible he could be Muslim AND crazy?

People that have so many solutions to terrorism on this thread. Wonder why they aren't actually working for the anti terrorist departments sharing their ideas.

There is nothing that can be done about these lone wolf like attacks other than being as prepared for them as possible.

Rocco_Jambo

Well, clearly, unless you think ploughing a car into people is rational behaviour.

Is it possible he could be Muslim AND crazy?

Just because someone is evil it doesn't mean they have mental issues.

I hope you are not on the jury when this/these scumbags claim diminished responsibily.

AlphonseCapone

I dont feel the need to virtue signal

Its a given that you feel sorry for the victims and their families

Lets get to the nuts of the issue instead of tip toeing around, hashtags and candle lit vigils is becoming insulting

You realise the stupidity of your last paragraph when you what you do is come on JKB and rant? You're as effective as a hashtag or vigil.

I hope you are not on the jury when this/these scumbags claim diminished responsibily.

So what your trying to say running people over with cars and stabbing police officers is normal behavior? Of course they are mental lunatics.

Mental health doesn't excuse committing mass murder.

Rational people don't do these sort of things.

wh

So what your trying to say running people over with cars and stabbing police officers is normal behavior? Of course they are mental lunatics.

Mental health doesn't excuse committing mass murder.

ffs wake up.

Governor Tarkin

The only jury these scumbags should get close to is one in the skull.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

So by the sarcasm I'll assume you don't think he does have mental issues. So I'll speculate, you probably think he was born abroad, raised Muslim (probably devout), no previous history of criminal behaviour not linked to his faith, and has succumbed to years of indoctrination from outwardly respectable people (parents, teachers, faith leaders) and committed these acts. Dispute that? OK, let's wait and see. I'll man up if all of that proves true.

So by the sarcasm I'll assume you don't think he does have mental issues. So I'll speculate, you probably think he was born abroad, raised Muslim (probably devout), no previous history of criminal behaviour not linked to his faith, and has succumbed to years of indoctrination from outwardly respectable people (parents, teachers, faith leaders) and committed these acts. Dispute that? OK, let's wait and see. I'll man up if all of that proves true.

No I do not. I think it is most likely a religious fanatic.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Define that, even theoretically.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The only jury these scumbags should get close to is one in the skull.

The rest of their days in solitary confinement is probably more affective as a deterrent for the brain washed.

Because the FM was called out of the chamber for an emergency cobra meeting.

Difficult to continue when the boss gets called away.

Governor Tarkin

The rest of their days in solitary confinement is probably more affective as a deterrent for the brain washed.

There's no deterrent for the brainwashed.

Keep them in jail and they become leverage in some other nutters' scheme.

Some one mentioned that 'surely there will be no objection to reformation' ffs the religion treats that kind of talk with the same brutality as a gay or an adulterer, to reform it is going against gods word as they see it, most people in this country dont know what we are up against, clearly

In my defense it was a suggestion that a reformation of Islam is needed, mainly to highlight how outdated a book written in the year 609 is and how it's values due not belong in 2017. I do not seriously expect a proposed reformation of the Koran to go smoothly should it occur.

I agree with absolutely everything else you've said though.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Surely you'd have to have mental issues to be a religious fanatic?

All roads lead to Gorgie

There's no deterrent for the brainwashed.

Keep them in jail and they become leverage in some other nutters' scheme.

I wouldn't even name them so they don't become heroes to those that could follow. However, there are so many sad sacks out there it might be in vain unfortunately.

"OMG I was just in London 3 months ago. So scary". Twitter for the next hour.

You dodged this incident by 3 months, you live a charmed life.

I've just started reading this thread and you have completely missed Sooperstars point.

4 dead including the attacker, policeman and I assume 2 members of public.

Further 20 injured.

Oh Christ.

Absolutely the pits.

Familiar and tremendously tedious argument. Mentalist... nut fanatic... nut mentalist... nut fanatic. ****s sake.

On what matters. Terribly sad for those directly involved. Just look how bad this is and just imagine how bad it could get if there's ever a large scale maurauding attack with guns. This has happened in a place with huge police resources. A large scale event elsewhere without the same level of quick response resources would be unthinkable.

maroonlegions

Sad ,so very sad, ( ruling out mental illnesses  that is), the human condition that can so easily  morph into religious or political  extremism that manifests in these kind of brutal acts of violence seems to have no end in sight.

Condolences to all those that have lost those dear to them. 

Rocco_Jambo

Surely you'd have to have mental issues to be a religious fanatic?

Presumably by issue you mean some kind of recognised mental disorder or illness? If so why would a religious fanatic have to have one of them?

People that have so many solutions to terrorism on this thread. Wonder why they aren't actually working for the anti terrorist departments sharing their ideas.

There is nothing that can be done about these lone wolf like attacks other than being as prepared for them as possible.

Kind of defeating your own argument there.

Why are we worried about letting them win? They won ages ago when we let 30k openly call for the death of a novelist near the same spot today. Our enlightenment values have been guarded by cowards and moral relativists ever since.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If you want the official hashtag it's

#wearenotafraid

I'll be tweeting that from the comfort of my own living room later.

Meanwhile, I suspect some people today were very afraid indeed.

Archived