shots fired at westminster

reaths17

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ibrahim Tall

Just read a dozen run over and policeman attacked with a machete. Sounds similar to the Lee Rigby attack to be honest.

Lone wolf nutter from what I have read.

Can't be a lone wolf if someone ploughed into a load of people and another stabbed a policeman then was shot by other police.

Riddley Walker

Can't be a lone wolf if someone ploughed into a load of people and another stabbed a policeman then was shot by other police.

I was under the impression it was the same person. As usual with these things though the facts will probably take an hour or two to come through.

I was under the impression it was the same person. As usual with these things though the facts will probably take an hour or two to come through.

Quite possibly it was just how I was interpreting events.

Not the same person? If not two of them like Lee Rigby

Fitzroy Pointon

BBC reporting that Theresa May is "fine".  

Well I for one am glad.  I couldn't really care about the poor copper to be honest.  

So sad to hear this. :(

Is there any point in speculating about the source of the attackers?

****ing arseholes.

Surely must be Buddhist extremists?

Hope those on the bridge and police officer are OK. Apparently a suspect grey saloon parked in the vicinity. 

Alwayssunnyingorgie

The Met saying they are treating it as a terrorist incident.

Everything gets lumped as terrorism, Maybe it was a extreme Daniel Blake.

BBC reporting that Theresa May is "fine".

Well I for one am glad. I couldn't really care about the poor copper to be honest.

In fairness, the headline on the website mentions the police officer.

Why would you even attempt to take a car through the barriers at Westminster? No chance you're getting near the building

Rocco_Jambo

Everything gets lumped as terrorism, Maybe it was a extreme Daniel Blake.

No it doesn't. There have been loads of incidents which have been acts of terrorism where the authorities/police have been reluctant to say whether they are treating it as terrorism until several hours or days later.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to achieve if this is a terrorist attack. As far as I'm aware nobody high profile has been hit.

If one of those cars goes off and wipes out half of Westminster then I can see it having a long lasting effect but in terms of the western world this one will probably be forgotten in a week.

Sexton Hardcastle

Plenty sad unionists getting all upset, or at least pretending to be, that holyrood hasn't been suspended.

Some strange people on twitter.

So sad to hear this. :(

Is there any point in speculating about the source of the attackers?

******* arseholes.

I'm going to call it now. They weren't atheist extremists.

Looking forward to the regressive left showing an outpouring of sympathy for those responsible while telling the rest of us we are all horrible people.

Rocco_Jambo

I'm not sure what this is supposed to achieve if this is a terrorist attack. As far as I'm aware nobody high profile has been hit.

If one of those cars goes off and wipes out half of Westminster then I can see it having a long lasting effect but in terms of the western world this one will probably be forgotten in a week.

It must be nice to feel so detached and flippant that you think this won't even get a mention in a weeks time.

Why are people slagging other people for their politics on this thread. Strange reaction. Any stage though.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Looking forward to the regressive left showing an outpouring of sympathy for those responsible while telling the rest of us we are all horrible people.

The really sad part is you actually are looking forward to it.

Every time something like this happens this board becomes like a reddit subforum. Pretty sad tbh. People dying in the street and your first thought is to goad others.

The really sad part is you actually are looking forward to it.

Every time something like this happens this board becomes like a reddit subforum. Pretty sad tbh. People dying in the street and your first thought is to goad others.

Do you know what's really sad. Those ****wits who burry their apologetic head in the sand and refuse to call a spade a spade.

If you genuinely think I'm looking forward to goading people you Couldn't be further from the truth.

Do you know what's really sad. Those ****wits who burry their apologetic head in the sand and refuse to call a spade a spade.

If you genuinely think I'm looking forward to goading people you're an arsehole. Couldn't be further from the truth.

I reckon 1, maybe two absolute nutters having an amateur attempt at a shoddy attack. What would you call it?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If you genuinely think I'm looking forward to goading people you're an arsehole. Couldn't be further from the truth.

OK. Hopefully nobody is.

"OMG I was just in London 3 months ago. So scary". Twitter for the next hour.

You dodged this incident by 3 months, you live a charmed life.

Couple of the pictures on the RT site look grim. When I first heard it sounded like little harm had been done but it looks a wee bit worse than that.

Hope the policeman that was stabbed and the people mown down are safe and well.

I sort of get both sides of the debate re whether or not the Scottish Parliament should be suspended.

What I don't get is that The Mirror is tweeting that David Davies (Monmouth MP is saying that he has been shot at...

(Edit - I suppose beware of what can be put out in 140 characters...)

Stephane Grappelli

Plenty sad unionists getting all upset, or at least pretending to be, that holyrood hasn't been suspended.

Some strange people on twitter.

People killed and injured and this is what you pick up on?  Get a ****ing grip lad.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Looks like just 1 attacker

drove down pavement on Westminster Bridge hitting 6-8 people, then turned into Parlitment Sq rams fence gets out charged police on gate with a knife baging past only to be tackled 10metres in by 1 cop who is stabbed other cop shots the dude(for want of proper term).

People killed and injured and this is what you pick up on? Get a ******* grip lad.

Exactly.

It should be suspended in any case.

Terrorist attack on our soil... No thets carry on debating independence

zoltan socrates

Its ok weve banned laptops from aeroplanes

Mentally ill lone wolf with isolation issues

We all ken the script

Hashtags, candles and virtue signalling

Exactly.

It should be suspended in any case.

Terrorist attack on our soil... No thets carry on debating independence

I would usually agree but **** the terrorists. This is the kind of thing they want.

Just get on with our day to day lives and not give them the satisfaction and attention they crave and Keep fighting terrorism.

Archived