More Tory lies

aussieh

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Perhaps because health insurance is mandatory in Austria and you are required to pay for medical care, by way of monthly contributions to an insurance provider. 

The NHS is top-heavy with managers and bureaucrats, so it's not always about the amount invested but where it is directed. 

Of that there is no doubts, I genuinely don't think most people realise just how many pen pushers there are in the NHS.

As for future funding, I have been saying for ages that there needs to be a serious grown up conversation about how the NHS is funded for the future, because the current model is totally unsustainable.  The way I see it, is that if we want a first class health care system, then one way or another we're going to have to pay for it, either via direct taxation or by healthcare insurance or similar.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Of that there is no doubts, I genuinely don't think most people realise just how many pen pushers there are in the NHS.

As for future funding, I have been saying for ages that there needs to be a serious grown up conversation about how the NHS is funded for the future, because the current model is totally unsustainable.  The way I see it, is that if we want a first class health care system, then one way or another we're going to have to pay for it, either via direct taxation or by healthcare insurance or similar.

Yes, I completely agree, Jimbo. I'm sure most people would be happy to pay a bit more for a better service for all.

How we get beyond the politics, in order to have that grown up conversation; that's going to be the difficult bit, I think.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The way I see it, is that if we want a first class health care system, then one way or another we're going to have to pay for it, either via direct taxation or by healthcare insurance or similar.

It has to be a combination of both, Jimbo. 

We need an independent yet possibly state administered health insurance body, where funds are ring-fenced for exclusively health service purposes.

Some kind of 'National Insurance'. 🤔

The crux is ensuring a safety net for the most vulnerable.

Health care is ****ing expensive, but it's the one thing that society really shouldn't scrimp on. We'll all need it at some point. I grudge any increase in direct taxation if those funds can be funnelled off for bombs to drop on poor folk from other countries, or to re-decorate ministerial apartments.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Jambo-Jimbo
57 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It has to be a combination of both, Jimbo. 

We need an independent yet possibly state administered health insurance body, where funds are ring-fenced for exclusively health service purposes.

Some kind of 'National Insurance'. 🤔

The crux is ensuring a safety net for the most vulnerable.

Health care is ****ing expensive, but it's the one thing that society really shouldn't scrimp on. We'll all need it at some point. I grudge any increase in direct taxation if those funds can be funnelled off for bombs to drop on poor folk from other countries, or to re-decorate ministerial apartments.

Any extra taxation for the NHS has to as you say go to the NHS and be seen to go to the NHS, that way the public will buy into the extra tax.

My fear is that it would or a decent proportion of it would be used to create another level of bureaucracy, in other words, still staff shortages on the wards, but more managers/pen pushers.

Savage Vince
5 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Sorry, I thought Nicol was elected Scotland's first minister. 

Boho didn't just blank the Scottish first minister, he ignored the Scottish voting public.. 

Bojo is untouchable. He's even got the Royals dancing to his tune.. 

rulebritannia.gif

Johnson is destroying the UK. Its a beautiful time in history to be alive. 

Footballfirst
5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The NHS is top-heavy with managers and bureaucrats, so it's not always about the amount invested but where it is directed. 

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Absolute tosh!

The NHS is one of the most efficient healthcare systems in the world, but you wouldn't know that from the "Tory lies". 

Just check the graph on the left hand side.  It is based on the most recent OECD data, so is not from some left or right wing political conspiracy source.

The U.S. spends significantly more on administration costs, but less on long-term healthcare, than other wealthy countries

Why is it so efficient? Because it's primary funding is through taxation and it is free to all. Successive governments have kept funding low which has led to admin costs being cut to the bone to maintain frontline services.  That's the reality, not Tory spun falsehoods.

The countries that have fully or partly private funded healthcare systems, incur huge administration costs just to send out bills and process invoices between hospitals, patients and insurers, or bureaucrats and pen-pushers as you describe them.

I'd bet that the eyewatering sums involved in financing the UK's Covid response and the excess profits distributed to Tories and their pals will dwarf the equivalent administration costs that would have been incurred had the NHS been allowed to manage the contracts themselves.

9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

It’s a government and he’s simply getting his own back after Sturgeon told him off for visiting during lockdown. 

Surely you can see that.

It was a good move by him for once. He's going to be getting a lot better advice on how to address the devolved assemblies going forward I think. His new advisor knows all about the nationalists.

It was a trap. Sturgeon would have loved to portray it as a receiving a foreign visit. But it's not, he's the British PM. It's no different to him visiting Leeds or Manchester. 

Expect to see a lot more of the UK government in Scotland and not giving Sturgeon the public fight she needs and craves.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Absolute tosh!

The NHS is one of the most efficient healthcare systems in the world, but you wouldn't know that from the "Tory lies". 

Just check the graph on the left hand side.  It is based on the most recent OECD data, so is not from some left or right wing political conspiracy source.

The U.S. spends significantly more on administration costs, but less on long-term healthcare, than other wealthy countries

Why is it so efficient? Because it's primary funding is through taxation and it is free to all. Successive governments have kept funding low which has led to admin costs being cut to the bone to maintain frontline services.  That's the reality, not Tory spun falsehoods.

The countries that have fully or partly private funded healthcare systems, incur huge administration costs just to send out bills and process invoices between hospitals, patients and insurers, or bureaucrats and pen-pushers as you describe them.

I'd bet that the eyewatering sums involved in financing the UK's Covid response and the excess profits distributed to Tories and their pals will dwarf the equivalent administration costs that would have been incurred had the NHS been allowed to manage the contracts themselves.

You are looking at things on a national level, whilst I'm looking at a local level.

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Sorry, I thought Nicol was elected Scotland's first minister. 

Boho didn't just blank the Scottish first minister, he ignored the Scottish voting public.. 

Bojo is untouchable. He's even got the Royals dancing to his tune.. 

rulebritannia.gif

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, pablo said:

It was a good move by him for once. He's going to be getting a lot better advice on how to address the devolved assemblies going forward I think. His new advisor knows all about the nationalists.

It was a trap. Sturgeon would have loved to portray it as a receiving a foreign visit. But it's not, he's the British PM. It's no different to him visiting Leeds or Manchester. 

Expect to see a lot more of the UK government in Scotland and not giving Sturgeon the public fight she needs and craves.

What a lot of pish.

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Last time I looked Leeds and Manchester weren’t countries and the Scottish Government wasn’t an assembly. Your attitude is an exact representation as to why the Union is in its last throes. 

Sturgeon couldn’t lose. BJ agrees to meet and he looks like the visiting dignitary. Refuse to meet and he looks like he’s being like you and dismissing the Scottish state and people. 

Trying to make jokes about thatcher decimating Scottish communities whilst he’s in Scotland just reinforced how different our two countries are. 

If BJ does visit Scotland more as you say, that will be the best thing imaginable for the independence cause. 

Okay, we'll see. The reason I used Manchester and Leeds is they are areas with powers devolved from Westminster, that's all - just like Scotland.

While you're right that for Sturgeon, a rallying call against twats like Boris Johnson is manna from heaven. But look how she got it wrong and backed off when she picked a fight with Andy Burnham and Manchester.

The PM not falling into Sturgeon’s trap last week, might be the first sign that they're beginning to learn how to play the game.

Roxy Hearts
18 minutes ago, pablo said:

Okay, we'll see. The reason I used Manchester and Leeds is they are areas with powers devolved from Westminster, that's all - just like Scotland.

While you're right that for Sturgeon, a rallying call against twats like Boris Johnson is manna from heaven. But look how she got it wrong and backed off when she picked a fight with Andy Burnham and Manchester.

The PM not falling into Sturgeon’s trap last week, might be the first sign that they're beginning to learn how to play the game.

Why do you dislike Scotland? Your condescending attitude fits right in with morons like Johnson who's a coward and a fool.

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

So Sturgeon is Scotland now?

:vrface:

She thinks so despite only having 35% of people voting for her incompetent party 

7 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

On your last paragraph; no chance. 

They’ve had over 300 years to begin to understand Scotland. They’ve never managed it and never will. 

For me, it's nothing to do with understanding Scotland, as you put it. 

What I meant was that, he denied Sturgeon an opportunity for a stand off on a referendum. With the Internal Markets Act now in place and the Cabinet Office presence in Glasgow, I expect our UK Government is going to take a new approach with the devolved executives. 

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Deke Thornton said:

So Sturgeon is Scotland now?

:vrface:

I didn't mention her! That bumbling imbecile is an embarrassment.

manaliveits105

Boris is a bit of a lad 

knows how to keep Jimmy Krankie in her place though 

time to move on comrades 

On 07/08/2021 at 10:55, manaliveits105 said:

Dont confuse our resident comrades with facts 

On 08/08/2021 at 09:22, BarneyBattles said:

I laugh at all the ‘the UK was an economic basket case and she was exactly what we needed, unions were too strong’ bollocks. 

The UK is an even bigger economic basket case now after she and her cronies sold off virtually all our assets to their mates (including a huge swathe of state owned housing). 

The NHS will be next. 

Spot on.

And to reiterate my earlier post, she shut the mines because of politics. Nothing whatsoever to do with the pits having no coal left.

I think in years to come, history will remember her as one of the worst prime ministers this country has ever had the misfortune to endure.

Really should change the title of the thread .

More Tory theft.

That's what's basically happened throughout these covid times.

Shameful.

I regard myself as a conservative just to be clear 

"Pick your own grades" is going about as well as can be expected again this year.

45% of all A-Level students have been given top grades.

Education secretary congratulating students instead of being worried about grade inflation and the fact that grades no longer mean anything and the entire exam system may as well be scrapped.

ktrvDw3.jpg

Edited by Cade

HartleyLegend3

The Institute of Economic Affairs has lost a two-year battle with LBC radio presenter James O’Brien over claims the registered charity is a politically motivated lobbying organisation funded by “dark money”

22 hours ago, Cade said:

"Pick your own grades" is going about as well as can be expected again this year.

45% of all A-Level students have been given top grades.

Education secretary congratulating students instead of being worried about grade inflation and the fact that grades no longer mean anything and the entire exam system may as well be scrapped.

ktrvDw3.jpg

Interesting what is being mentioned on 5L this morning for 'rumours' of what happened in England and no doubt similar repeated here too.

- Private schools extended school days to provide more learning (I suppose many will say and with justification 'and')

- kids repeating same in class 'mock' assessments until they get what was deemed an acceptable result

- kids being sent home with 'example' assessment papers and teachers calling up parents night before to ensure the envelope had been opened and read.  Quelle surprise as they say in Latin, the example paper was exactly the same as the assessment sat in class following day.

Edited by DETTY29

maroonlegions

So this bunch of reptiles  spent £100,000 on art for 10 Downing street whilst cutting the 20 pound universal credit for the un waged and those in poverty.

235557884_368933908182396_5369988012229033381_n.jpg

Unknown user
14 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

So this bunch of reptiles  spent £100,000 on art for 10 Downing street whilst cutting the 20 pound universal credit for the un waged and those in poverty.

235557884_368933908182396_5369988012229033381_n.jpg

Should have spent it on a load of old space bollocks eh? :D

WorldChampions1902
On 09/08/2021 at 17:42, Cade said:

Boris refusing to deny he threatened to fire Sunak as Chancellor.

Rats in a sack, that lot.

DE33FACA-1CFC-48B5-85BF-62466B3BF9B5.jpeg

WorldChampions1902
On 09/08/2021 at 17:42, Cade said:

Boris refusing to deny he threatened to fire Sunak as Chancellor.

Rats in a sack, that lot.

8F9606EA-4EB3-4DCF-8D94-8A8A78618D03.jpeg

Edited by WorldChampions1902

maroonlegions
On 12/08/2021 at 08:41, Smithee said:

Should have spent it on a load of old space bollocks eh? :D

Nope. Those in need more like.

Dennis Reynolds

It was a new unit being opened at an already built and running hospital. Stuff like this shouldn't be allowed no matter what political party it comes from.