Well Done Ian and the team

glastonbury jambo

He's very young for a keeper and will make mistakes??

No?

Of course he will, it's all part of learning. That being said though, it won't help his progress at all if he knows he's a definite start every single week. Nothing against the guy but I just don't think he's number 1 material quite yet

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

When you consider we now have two of our best young players out with long term injuries it makes the last two results all the more impressive. Things starting to gel. Never mind the Hobos bring on the 'Tic..!

I don't know what our programme for the next few games is but reckon we could go on a decent winning streak.We are looking better by the game.

The Future's Maroon

Something else I have notice in the last couple of games is we seem to be looking to score right till the final whistle, even when the games won...I like this attitude a lot.

This, he is young and will make mistakes, but so did Henry, Craig Gordon, and loads more of Hearts keepers I have seen in the last 50 years ( Yes, even Cruickie, who by the way was better than Yashin), it is up to us as fans to support him, and the team to protect him.

And............................unless we forget remember Craig Nelson

I remember watching a reserve match v Killie and CG was playing.  He lost a goal and his negative body language showed for the next few minutes. It had got to him.   It was clear to me (I thought) that this lad does not have the temperament to make it but how wrong I was.

Fact is he was a young keeper growing up in the game and presumably as time marched on he developed the mental fortitude to handle the mistakes all goalies will make.  JH will do that too.  Remember that if a goalie makes a bloomer, it often costs goals but a MF could make ten times more and there is someone behind to rescue him so cut the lad a bit slack.

I don't know what our programme for the next few games is but reckon we could go on a decent winning streak.We are looking better by the game.

Inverness (H) Feb 18

Partick (A) Feb 25

Ross County (H) Mar 1

Hamilton (H) Mar 11

Aberdeen (A) Mar 18

Seven days ago Cathro was a useless tool and we were the victim of a thoughtless experiment.

Thankfully those shite hawk "Hearts fans" / Hobo gob shites are away back to their holes.

Glad to say I had confidence in the new regime from the day they arrived, major changes and improvements take time and we're now seeing these really take shape.

First away win since September, that's a shocking stat.

I'm a newbie so can't start topics as yet, thought this might be a god place to post this article below. Someone who knows &respects the man Cathro, not someone I know much about but he speaks well. I too have had confidence since day one, a new bright beginning with creative ideas, breaking the parochial Scottish football ways!! 

https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/sundaypost/fp/ian-cathros-critics-dont-know-what-theyre-talking-about-insists-former-rangers-and-scotland-star-maurice-ross/

LarrysRightFoot

I'm a newbie so can't start topics as yet, thought this might be a god place to post this article below. Someone who knows &respects the man Cathro, not someone I know much about but he speaks well. I too have had confidence since day one, a new bright beginning with creative ideas, breaking the parochial Scottish football ways!!

https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/sundaypost/fp/ian-cathros-critics-dont-know-what-theyre-talking-about-insists-former-rangers-and-scotland-star-maurice-ross/

Thanks for linking that article - good read.

Totally different perspective on Cathro from someone on the same course with him as Boyd.

Really liked this bit - the bit that the majority of us fans would never pick up on -

?The Hearts players? distances to the ball, their distances to their team-mates, the angles they were making, their No. 10 drifting wide to get numerical advantage against Dundee?s full-backs ? all of these movements are trained movements."

Inverness (H) Feb 18

Partick (A) Feb 25

Ross County (H) Mar 1

Hamilton (H) Mar 11

Aberdeen (A) Mar 18

Thanks pretty good chance of that winning streak there I think.

Borders Jambo

Thanks for linking to that article. V interesting.

Good luck to Ross, he seems to be another who has the makings of an excellent Coach, developing in another country.

Why can't we get someone like him involved in the Scotland set up rather than folk set in their ways like Strachan, M McGHee, WAtson etc?

LarrysRightFoot

Thanks for linking to that article. V interesting.

Good luck to Ross, he seems to be another who has the makings of an excellent Coach, developing in another country.

Why can't we get someone like him involved in the Scotland set up rather than folk set in their ways like Strachan, M McGHee, WAtson etc?

Was actually talking about Scotland yesterday and when McCall left Strachan said he would bring in a young forward thinking coach - only to then bring in Andy Watson!

I've nothing against Watson by the way but he hardly fits the description.

Inverness (H) Feb 18

Partick (A) Feb 25

Ross County (H) Mar 1

Hamilton (H) Mar 11

Aberdeen (A) Mar 18

aberdeen is the obvious challenge in that run 12 points would be a good haul but 15 and i will be walking on air

cheers for the article, shows a level headed review of cathro. And as someone else said, ross is the type of person with new ideas and ways of doing things that should be involved with scotland in some capacity.

Players are buying into the work as seen in their work on the pitch. This is all the media needs to acknowledge, making a lot of the negativity look so ridiculous now. The smart money would be on Cathro succeeding.

First away win since September, that's a shocking stat.

Am I right in thinking both our last 2 away wins, were whilst wearing the white kit...

On Hamilton, his weaknesses will be evident to the coaches and I'm sure they will be supporting him 100% to iron them out. If he can't though I'm sure we will be seeing a new goalie next season with Jack still at Tyne continuing his development.

kawasakijambo

Great post.

I would say the problem is with the domestic players.  Lot of these players have been brought up with the OF dominating.  The best they can hope for is sitting on one of their benches, or getting early cup games, before being hooked.  The same can be said for the fans.

Generally, in professional sport.  If you think you will get beat, you already are.

For example, think of Motherwell or Kille.  They are already beaten when they turn up at Ibrox or Celtic.  They may win very rarely, but they are mentally beaten as the players are not up for it.

On Wednesday, our players never showed Rangers any respect, especially the new guys.  Why would they? and it showed, look at Sam and Jamie at the end.  The new guys don't have the same mentality.  Rangers and Celtic, although being larger clubs, don't mean anything to them.  You could see as soon as Tziolis came on the park, he knew he was better than their midfield and was going to boss them.   Hopefully this is the start of the players getting a winning mentality.

Win before you begin

Bazzas right boot

Inverness (H) Feb 18

Partick (A) Feb 25

Ross County (H) Mar 1

Hamilton (H) Mar 11

Aberdeen (A) Mar 18

If we won all them, I reckon we'd be above rangers in 6 Weeks.

Nobody in media has made this point yet.

We have signed a rake of internationals including Tziolis with 60 caps for Greece, and one player who has been coached by both Ian and Austin before.

Would such players have signed for us if Cathro was such a left field joke appointment?

Would they ****.

Nobody in media has made this point yet.

We have signed a rake of internationals including Tziolis with 60 caps for Greece, and one player who has been coached by both Ian and Austin before.

Would such players have signed for us if Cathro was such a left field joke appointment?

Would they ****.

As he said in the interview on Saturday, they are all experienced and ready to play.

Archived