Well Done Ian and the team

glastonbury jambo

glastonbury jambo

Some nerves , but lovely flowing stuff near the end, im not convinced about Martin or Hamilton but some great football on display ,

Well done ...onwards and upwards ...Buzzing!!

So Make Some Noise..

Not getting too carried away but we look a cracking unit already. Few wee slack moments but it's early days and these will likely get ironed out the more the boys play together. 

Choulay has been terrific. Well done the gaffer on making this change at half time. 

Martin still has the excuse that he's new and getting used to things, Hamilton on the other hand...

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

glastonbury jambo

Martin still has the excuse that he's new and getting used to things, Hamilton on the other hand...

indeed, not sure whats the best thing to do , let him play and rebuild confidence or drop him a nd his confidence may shatter into nothing forever.

indeed, not sure whats the best thing to do , let him play and rebuild confidence or drop him a nd his confidence may shatter into nothing forever.

Give Noring his chance and if Jack isn't strong enough mentally to rise to the challenge, then that's not really the type of player we want in all honesty. Harsh but true

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not as good today but a quick turnaround coming off Celtic and Rangers in 4 days, mark it up by a long way. 9 points from the next 3 and a cup quarter final

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Some nerves , but lovely flowing stuff near the end, im not convinced about Martin or Hamilton but some great football on display ,

Well done ...onwards and upwards ...Buzzing!!

I like Martin. He looks a quality player just lacks pace.

michael_bolton

Certainly not time to get carried away, but four days with a home game against the sticky buns followed by a trip to Motherwell giving us 6 points and 7 goals is a very good week.

Great stuff.

Amazing how this thread has started focusing on minor negatives from today. Agreed Hamilton has looked shaky last couple of games but Martin I thought was good today.

Thought Martin was good today. Always looking for the ball. Makes a big difference. Tziolis is the same.

Hamilton needs to work on his kicking but watching Noring warm up makes me very glad he isn't in the team. Looks like his gloves are made of jelly

Hamilton's instinctive saves are that of a great keeper but not his other actions.. 

But - yes a good conclusion, Gongalves and other really good signings he looks to be the striker we have long missed. 

glastonbury jambo

Amazing how this thread has started focusing on minor negatives from today. Agreed Hamilton has looked shaky last couple of games but Martin I thought was good today.

its just discussion on an internet forum ffs , take yer pill and chill ,

Hamilton looks shakey at times ... we got a great win today , everybodys happy.

Thought it was a 3pm ko and missed the first 70 mins

:facepalm:

Good result though. Well played Hearts.

Oh dear mate :lol:

alicante jambo

Exactly give the guy time ffs they hardly know each others names.We really need to be patient with our new players.

MacDonald Jardine

great stuff - some really good movement today - all the new boys were brilliant!

It was and the new guys look great.

There is often a lot of space down our right though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As I have said already, it had to come but not until Ian had put his own team out there, sure we will get ample revenge next week, full house, tv, derby, high tempo game.....only one winner.

A week's a long time in football. From being humped at Celtic Park to 7 goals in 2 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton is the weak in what is a potentially a very good team. Needs to start catching cross balls. Apart from that another good day at the office. Well done Hearts :bravo:

Controlled the game well.

Dissappointed in Johnsen today, I thought if he had played well today and did the right things, used his size and body correctly, we'd have been ahead much earlier in the game. That was probably the main thing which I thought was missing today.

Some beautiful football played today. Looking forward to whipping the Hibs now.

I like the look of Martin, always showing for the pass and moving forwards.

Jack Hammer is having a tough time and is being given targeted...let's see if he has the strength to come through this period.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Thought it was a 3pm ko and missed the first 70 mins

:facepalm:

Good result though. Well played Hearts.

Well, that was dumb.

I only missed the first 65 minutes :verysmug:

Nelly Terraces

Chuffed for them, us, everyone. Let's keep this going, starting with putting those welts back in their place next week.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I like the look of Martin, always showing for the pass and moving forwards.

Jack Hammer is having a tough time and is being given targeted...let's see if he has the strength to come through this period.

Strange, he had been strong at places like Aberdeen coming for balls. We have to keep faith and help him become a strong link

Tokyo Drifter

Hamilton's instinctive saves are that of a great keeper but not his other actions..

But - yes a good conclusion, Gongalves and other really good signings he looks to be the striker we have long missed.

His reflex saves are all he has in the credit column. Against that: his terrible distribution, inability to command his area and susceptibility from range. Time for Noring.

Seven days ago Cathro was a useless tool and we were the victim of a thoughtless experiment.

Thankfully those shite hawk "Hearts fans" / Hobo gob shites are away back to their holes.

Glad to say I had confidence in the new regime from the day they arrived, major changes and improvements take time and we're now seeing these really take shape.

First away win since September, that's a shocking stat.

He's very young for a keeper and will make mistakes??

No?

Seven days ago Cathro was a useless tool and we were the victim of a thoughtless experiment.

Thankfully those shite hawk "Hearts fans" / Hobo gob shites are away back to their holes.

Glad to say I had confidence in the new regime from the day they arrived, major changes and improvements take time and we're now seeing these really take shape.

First away win since September, that's a shocking stat.

was thinking much the same 

portobellojambo1

Not as good today but a quick turnaround coming off Celtic and Rangers in 4 days, mark it up by a long way. 9 points from the next 3 and a cup quarter final

It is strange at times how football fans translate the results/outcomes of games. On Wednesday we played Rangers, at HT we went into the dressing room all square with the opposition. We came out for the 2nd half and proceeded to score three goals to win the game comfortably. Today at HT .we went into the dressing room at HT all square. In the 2nd half we then proceeded to score three goals to win the game comfortably, but some people maybe seem to think it wasn't as good. To me it was, it doesn't matter if HMFC win 1-0 or 10-0, each result achieves exactly the same 3 points. Very pleased with what we achieved today, another well won 3 points.

I was at a meeting on Thursday, when two young men were in attendance, and two statements summed up things for me very well. The first was why would any HMFC coach, any HMFC player and even more so any HMFC fan be willing to accept or try to defend/play down drawing or worse against teams like x or y (And I omit the team names rather than naming them outright (my feelings were I should stand up and refer them to JKB and they would be able to identify such people at will) and secondly why do the HMFC fans not have a winning mentialy, demand success (again I was tempted to stand up and say have a look at JKB and you will discover that there are many within the HMFC support who think that anyone who has an attitude of they'd love to see a winning HMFC side should feck off and follow either Celtic or Rangers). This week has shown me what our team can do and what our coaching team want it to do and the future looks a lot more than rosy.and those willing to accept mediocrity may find themselves left behind by what this club need, winners.

Some on JKB are prone to knee-jerk reactions when something goes wrong. Here''s a beauty from me. I was determined not to judge the new coaches until this time next year. Changed my mind. I'm doing it now.

They are brilliant.

Some on JKB are prone to knee-jerk reactions when something goes wrong. Here''s a beauty from me. I was determined not to judge the new coaches until this time next year. Changed my mind. I'm doing it now.

They are brilliant.

lol

It is strange at times how football fans translate the results/outcomes of games. On Wednesday we played Rangers, at HT we went into the dressing room all square with the opposition. We came out for the 2nd half and proceeded to score three goals to win the game comfortably. Today at HT .we went into the dressing room at HT all square. In the 2nd half we then proceeded to score three goals to win the game comfortably, but some people maybe seem to think it wasn't as good. To me it was, it doesn't matter if HMFC win 1-0 or 10-0, each result achieves exactly the same 3 points. Very pleased with what we achieved today, another well won 3 points.

I was at a meeting on Thursday, when two young men were in attendance, and two statements summed up things for me very well. The first was why would any HMFC coach, any HMFC player and even more so any HMFC fan be willing to accept or try to defend/play down drawing or worse against teams like x or y (And I omit the team names rather than naming them outright (my feelings were I should stand up and refer them to JKB and they would be able to identify such people at will) and secondly why do the HMFC fans not have a winning mentialy, demand success (again I was tempted to stand up and say have a look at JKB and you will discover that there are many within the HMFC support who think that anyone who has an attitude of they'd love to see a winning HMFC side should feck off and follow either Celtic or Rangers). This week has shown me what our team can do and what our coaching team want it to do and the future looks a lot more than rosy.and those willing to accept mediocrity may find themselves left behind by what this club need, winners.

Good stuff.

We should not under-estimate the effort that Wednesday's game against Rangers on our rediculously heavy pitch would have taken on the players. Today was very good considering and the positives far outweigh the negatives. Hamilton's got a lot of improving to do, but it'll come. I thought Martin was very good today. The simple pass and move thing he does makes us more fluid. Despite the pish McGhee has come out with, I felt we controlled the game, and the tactical switch at half time won it.

Great post.

I would say the problem is with the domestic players.  Lot of these players have been brought up with the OF dominating.  The best they can hope for is sitting on one of their benches, or getting early cup games, before being hooked.  The same can be said for the fans.

Generally, in professional sport.  If you think you will get beat, you already are.

For example, think of Motherwell or Kille.  They are already beaten when they turn up at Ibrox or Celtic.  They may win very rarely, but they are mentally beaten as the players are not up for it.

On Wednesday, our players never showed Rangers any respect, especially the new guys.  Why would they? and it showed, look at Sam and Jamie at the end.  The new guys don't have the same mentality.  Rangers and Celtic, although being larger clubs, don't mean anything to them.  You could see as soon as Tziolis came on the park, he knew he was better than their midfield and was going to boss them.   Hopefully this is the start of the players getting a winning mentality.

Broxburn Jambo

He's very young for a keeper and will make mistakes??

No?

This, he is young and will make mistakes, but so did Henry, Craig Gordon, and loads more of Hearts keepers I have seen in the last 50 years ( Yes, even Cruickie, who by the way was better than Yashin), it is up to us as fans to support him, and the team to protect him.

And............................unless we forget remember Craig Nelson

Archived