New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

4 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

How long does it take? 

Dunno, straight in, 20-30 seconds releasing the stream, few seconds shaking off, another 30 second’s combined washing and drying hands. 2 minutes 30 seconds total?

Thats just the food kiosks though. Even quicker in the bogs.

Edited by Bez

Carl Weathers
30 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I sit in row 27 and you're lucky if it takes 5 mins to get from my seat to The Fioundation Plazza after the game about the same time ot takes  the players to leave the pitch tbh . 

I think we waited for about 5 mins before walking down the stairs from row 30. I didn't time it though, so could be mistaken. Glad I don't have to do it every week.

Jambo, Goodbye
1 minute ago, Bez said:

Dunno, straight in, 20-30 seconds releasing the stream, few seconds shaking off, another 30 second’s combined washing and drying hands. 2 minutes 30 seconds total?

Thats just the food kiosks though. Even quicker in the bogs.

I don't even want to know what you do in the bogs! 

So what about getting out of Tynie after the game? 

Someone earlier described it as a "nightmare".

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

So Francis, how much should the club have paid for the stand as it is? Your comment suggests you know how much these things cost. 

Adjusting to the money of the day I expected facilities for the ordinary punter to be a step up from.those in the older stands.

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Adjusting to the money of the day I expected facilities for the ordinary punter to be a step up from.those in the older stands.

Go sit in the older stand then. No need to thank me for this excellent advice. 

12 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I don't even want to know what you do in the bogs! 

So what about getting out of Tynie after the game? 

Someone earlier described it as a "nightmare".

It’s nippy. If I don’t leave before the final whistle I’m standing there for ages trying to get out. I also look forward to the top exits opening.

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What extra facilities were you looking for ?

As football stands go the facilties are good and the view of the pitch is excellent.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Go sit in the older stand then. No need to thank me for this excellent advice. 

Thanks for the advice which of course has absolutely no relevance to my point. Even large tv screens today would be a fraction of the cost in real terms of the wee boxes installed in the Wheatfield 20 plus years ago. Such is progress. 

EastSideJambo
24 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

I think we waited for about 5 mins before walking down the stairs from row 30. I didn't time it though, so could be mistaken. Glad I don't have to do it every week.

I sat in Main Stand for cup tie last to see what it's like. Sat in row 28. Good view but trying to get out is not much fun. Actually borders on being given dangerous. People stood on steps waiting for several mins. If there was any pushing or movement it could cause a serious issue 

3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I sat in Main Stand for cup tie last to see what it's like. Sat in row 28. Good view but trying to get out is not much fun. Actually borders on being given dangerous. People stood on steps waiting for several mins. If there was any pushing or movement it could cause a serious issue 

Yeah, it could quite quickly turn in to a scene from a Frank Spencer episode.

Edited by Bez

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for the advice which of course has absolutely no relevance to my point. Even large tv screens today would be a fraction of the cost in real terms of the wee boxes installed in the Wheatfield 20 plus years ago. Such is progress. 

Comfy sofas and slipper racks seem to have been missed as well. Pppfffttt.

heartsfc_fan
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why do we need TV screens? People can check halftime scores on their phones nowadays?

6 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Comfy sofas and slipper racks seem to have been missed as well. Pppfffttt.

I thought you were in PR? 

?

EastSideJambo
13 minutes ago, Bez said:

Yeah, it could quite quickly turn in to a scene from a Frank Spencer episode.

What does that mean? 

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

I thought you were in PR? 

?

Of course, I meant out in the concourse so Franny can watch Coronation Street.

49 minutes ago, Bez said:

I’ve sat in the new stand since it’s been built. I’ve never had any bother going for a pee or getting food. I’m row 27 however and it’s pretty pish trying to get out.

Each time I have been in our excellent new stand it has always taken me at least an hour to leave I'm afraid Bez. Simply not good enough that they put a hospitality lounge with free beverages in the way.

Hopefully we will pay for it all with stolen poppies and Eastern European pensions before it is inevitably knocked down for having no safety certificate.

Main stand is a bawbag to get out of at FT due to only the lower exits being in use.

It'll be much better once the upper exits are opened.

But I'll put up with a longer delay going home due to the padded seat and more legroom :greggy: 

19 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Can you not just keep seated for a further 5  minutes till the steps clear a bit?

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Of course, I meant out in the concourse so Franny can watch Coronation Street.

:clyay:

EastSideJambo
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Each time I have been in our excellent new stand it has always taken me at least an hour to leave I'm afraid Bez. Simply not good enough that they put a hospitality lounge with free beverages in the way.

Hopefully we will pay for it all with stolen poppies and Eastern European pensions before it is inevitably knocked down for having no safety certificate.

Sorry to learn of challenges you've encountered. I suspect it'll improve in time 

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Can you not just keep seated for a further 5  minutes till the steps clear a bit?

Maybe everyone should do that bud?

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Main stand is a bawbag to get out of at FT due to only the lower exits being in use.

Does it take any longer than being at the top of any of the other stands? 

Q, PR and R take a while to get going, until the directors box is empty, then it flows easily enough. 

5 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

What does that mean? 

It means he thinks you're talking shite. FWIW, I agree :D

3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Maybe everyone should do that bud?

No just the dozen or so that seem to have an issue with standing for 5 minutes.

Edited by graygo

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, Dunks said:

It means he thinks you're talking shite. FWIW, I agree :D

That's reassuring.  Interesting you thought there was an undertone though 

10 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

What does that mean? 

You know. Lots of slapstick falling over and stuff.

EastSideJambo
Just now, graygo said:

No just the dozen or so that see to have an issue with standing for 5 minutes.

I've no problem waiting.  I get the logistics of emptying a stadium. Just felt it was a very slow process from that area of stand. No big deal though 

Just my experience and I'm sure I've got it wrong in eyes of those eager to be offended 

Best i step back now as the pack will be circling 

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Why do we need TV screens? People can check halftime scores on their phones nowadays?

Used to check them on the wee  boards on the touchlines. Needed a programme though.

Screens could show highlights and goals from previous games. 

1 minute ago, EastSideJambo said:

I've no problem waiting.  I get the logistics of emptying a stadium. Just felt it was a very slow process from that area of stand. No big deal though 

Just my experience and I'm sure I've got it wrong in eyes of those eager to be offended 

Best i step back now as the pack will be circling 

No problem, I was just suggesting a solution to the problem you highlighted, works for me in the Wheatfield.

EastSideJambo
Just now, Bez said:

You know. Lots of slapstick falling over and stuff.

That would be funny pal? 

I'm sure those involved in stadia injury or worse would share your witty views 

My last interaction with you ended in you asking me to ignore you. I find your interaction therefore a touch surprising 

Boredom must be a terrible thing I would imagine 

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, graygo said:

No problem, I was just suggesting a solution to the problem you highlighted, works for me in the Wheatfield.

Appreciated. FWIW I do likewise in Wheatfield 

6 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

That's reassuring.  Interesting you thought there was an undertone though 

Feargal Sharkey is a big Jambo :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, EastSideJambo said:

That would be funny pal? 

I'm sure those involved in stadia injury or worse would share your witty views 

My last interaction with you ended in you asking me to ignore you. I find your interaction therefore a touch surprising 

Boredom must be a terrible thing I would imagine 

Where did I say it would be funny likes? You’re so angry. I just want to give you a wee cuddle and tell you everything’s going to be okay. :(

41 minutes ago, Bez said:

It’s nippy. If I don’t leave before the final whistle I’m standing there for ages trying to get out. I also look forward to the top exits opening.

It seems to vary between 5 minutes to ages to nightmare.

People nowadays have no patience. 

I sat high up in Section Q the other night and probably waited about 5 minutes to start the descent to ground level. I spent the time clapping and cheering the team off the pitch.

I would much rather do this than whinge about the nightmare of a 5 minute wait.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

It seems to vary between 5 minutes to ages to nightmare.

People nowadays have no patience. 

I sat high up in Section Q the other night and probably waited about 5 minutes to start the descent to ground level. I spent the time clapping and cheering the team off the pitch.

I would much rather do this than whinge about the nightmare of a 5 minute wait.

Stop enjoying yersel at the football ffs. Its not allowed don't you know.

21 minutes ago, Cade said:

It'll be much better once the upper exits are opened.

But I'll put up with a longer delay going home due to the padded seat and more legroom :greggy: 

The top exits are for the corporate suites only as I understand it. I think the main stand only takes marginally longer than the Wheatfied to empty ( it is a bit bigger ) so can't really see what the issue is. 

Sat in row 30 since it opened. Toilets are far more accessible than last season, food queues move at an ok rate and it takes 15 minutes or so to get out at the end. Is there really anything to moan about? 

Why do we need TVs in the concourse? Moaning for moaning sake by the sound of it. 

Dallas Green

For over 20 years I've been standing on steps after matches waiting my turn to get down. Why is it different all of a sudden in the Main stand?

Have you never left Tynecastle at the end of a match before?

Edited by Dallas Green

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The top exits are for the corporate suites only as I understand it. I think the main stand only takes marginally longer than the Wheatfied to empty ( it is a bit bigger ) so can't really see what the issue is. 

Was in the European/ Executive lounge for the Celtic game and we were roughly at the same level as the directors seats. Maybe those who have a season ticket in the lounge get a seat higher up?

Your last point is absolutely correct though.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Was in the European/ Executive lounge for the Celtic game and we were roughly at the same level as the directors seats. Maybe those who have a season ticket in the lounge get a seat higher up?

Your last point is absolutely correct though.

I think they were put there when the second and third ( skylounge ) floors were to be all hospitality. All will be revealed but I can see Health and Safety issues with some fans trying to get up to an exit and some going down at the same time. We'll find out in time though. 

I only said it was a “bit nippy” getting out. I praised the toilets and kiosks! ?

The only reason I find it nippy getting out is because my chums and I meet at the stadium bar for a couple before going home, and the longer it takes me to get out, the more chance there is of me not getting straight in. 

Chill... overall I think it’s a great improvement. :lol:

Edited by Bez

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Funnily enough thats what I did waited til almost everyone above me was out and only the stairs to the lower exit were a pain in the ass but even at that 10/15mins after full time and I was on stewart terrace

For as long as I've been going to the football at Tynecastle people have complained about the time it takes to get out of Tynie. 

It used to be the two tunnels at the Gorgie end folk moaned about and after that end was given over to away fans folk moaned about the school end next to the main stand.

Folk used to take their lives in their hands pushing and shoving to get out. All for the sake of a few minutes. It's mental.

The way the team are playing this season I don't mind taking a bit longer to leave in fact it's a good feeling just being around enjoying the buzz. 

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

So you agree that a year after the stand was due to open the simple issue of fixing the toilets as fit for purpose has not been sorted.

The smaller food  and drink kiosks towards the front of the stand seem also still to be out of use.

To be honest, I don’t care that every detail isn’t finished yet, every game so far i’ve been able to quickly enter and leave the ground, go to the kiosks and get a pie and bovril, go to the toilets with no problems and enjoy the games (immensely!) I’d call that fit for purpose, especially compared to what was there before. It will be finished sometime soon, I understand we are spending as the season progresses and prioritising what should and shouldn’t be done in the coming months depending on the budget. If that means we can put off non- urgent stuff to get the likes of the new dressing rooms finished then fine by me. I suspect you’re looking for fine detail to moan about something that does not cause a problem for the vast majority if not all of our fans, at the moment. Give it a rest and enjoy the games.

EastSideJambo
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Does anyone know how much more will have to be spent to complete the fit out?

At the last AGM Ann advised that £1.25m of a "loan facility" would be required as part of the Phase 1 spend.  A further £500k was to be used during Phases 2 & 3. That is £1.75m of known spending, but is there more to be added? 

I know that Ann was also looking for another £500k to come form "club resources" for Phases 2 & 3.  Hopefully that element will be secured from improved on field performances and match day receipts this season. 

We should get an update on what has been spent to date, and an indication of how much more is required when the accounts are published, probably in the next four to six weeks.  At that point I would hope to find out how the loan facility or other shortfall will be funded.  I think that it is entirely possible that FOH funds will be fully utilised for at least a couple of years following the transfer of control in early 2020.

You raise a very interesting point. Not sure any detail has been provided although the Accounts will show what drawdown of that facility there was by FYE. Top floor of new stand looks like a shell from outside at least. The scale of the works undertaken always meant it was likely to be completed in stages 

Will be a very good facility when completed. How we fund through to completion remains to be seen