New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Optical illusion?

:rofl:

Its not an optical illusion in the slightest. There is a big gap but there wont be when the bottom part i added.

post-5690-0-30433900-1501349685_thumb.jpg

Should have had this today though

post-5690-0-74006200-1501349941_thumb.jpg

been here before

Anyone else notice above the cacophony of boos at the end Scott Wilson announced "the next game at Tynecastle will be... check the website for details".

I'm starting to have my doubts.

Anyone else notice above the cacophony of boos at the end Scott Wilson announced "the next game at Tynecastle will be... check the website for details".

So five away games (defeats :sob:) to start...

followed by a pumping at Murrayfield :sob:

Not really we are told its on schedule and he normally says this when there is a big gap.

neilcheyne01

Seeing as the second half wasn't exactly thrilling, here's some more photos!

ba5ee10a04eced92a25cb851eefb10ee.jpg955495de875eb37db9fd9ef93d7b99f0.jpgbe13a20e2dd113f6ce89ef96a6870459.jpg3bc7549ba571945801913605a4b639e2.jpg245fba4d52ca616b62f6544f9ee3dbd3.jpg9507b34693d3f542270f9ab1e4d1b9ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who have posted pictures, probably the only positive thing on this site tonight.

Looks like a hell of a job to finish this and have it certified and cleared for use by the Aberdeen game

King Of The Cat Cafe

Looks like a hell of a job to finish this and have it certified and cleared for use by the Aberdeen game

That was on my mind this morning.

After this afternoon's result, I could not give a fig either way.

Elias Henry Furst

I'll be amazed if views of the castle are as poor from the skyline lounge as have been suggested.

Optical illusion... eh no. The wall fills the gap. Simples. Jesus Christ I wonder sometimes....

What's so hard to get? Looks like a big gap in photos from the Gorgie end, but not square on - it is the angle of some of the photos that makes it look like a bigger gap than it is.

I took this from the back row of the Gorgie Stand.

20504119_763282343841877_2055561393_n.jp

Must have missed you today mate i took an almost identical shot from Row 26 Section W

I took this from the back row of the Gorgie Stand.

20504119_763282343841877_2055561393_n.jp

I think the stand is going to look more stunning than any of us dared dream. Excellent pic.

Stephen Muddie

I'll be amazed if views of the castle are as poor from the skyline lounge as have been suggested.

why?

Edit: its Sky lounge. No line any more. I mean it was never called that

Edited by Stephen Muddie

The stand looks a lot better than it did last week and will be incredible when it's finished, you had a better idea of that yesterday. Very exciting.

Just need Budge and Levein to state that it hasn't worked out with Cathro and get a new, experienced manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the stand is going to look more stunning than any of us dared dream. Excellent pic.

From inside the stadium it's going to look like the wheat field with a wee hole in the corner to let vehicles in.

Outside and within it will look stunning

I believe it will be ready

If not we should play the Aberdeen game at Tynie with no away allocation. Would still mean a decent crowd and no Murrayfield expenses.

Jambo, Goodbye

If not we should play the Aberdeen game at Tynie with no away allocation. Would still mean a decent crowd and no Murrayfield expenses.

Not really possible.

Hagar the Horrible

Just cant see it being done in time? no worries, a temp move might make it get finished quicker, so we don't have to build this in parallel

Buffalo Bill

Must have missed you today mate i took an almost identical shot from Row 26 Section W

I was originally in Z, but had to move because some prick was constantly F-ing and C-ing at the top of his voice right behind me and I had the wee man with me, so I moved along to Section X (I think), the one right in the middle.  

Seymour M Hersh

No way will it be ready in time.

If you look back in the thread there's a video of the Wheatfield going up. It has a date stamp on it in places and when you see where it was at the start and a month later it's incredible how much was done in that time. The Main stand is much further forward than the start of that video. I'll be tight but it could well be ready for fans in time. Obviously the corporate stuff is not scheduled to be ready until January next year.

gashauskis9

Scott's announcement was made in this manner for two reasons;

- It's so far into the future

- It's likely to be moved for TV to the Friday night or Sunday lunchtime

Let's not compile a positive development onto the footballing shambles.

Another possibility is club may want to play a midweek game the week before as a dry run for the new stand checking everything works

Albeit that make the schedule even tighter - 5 weeks and 6 days till Aberdeen game.

Thought Police

My first thought when I saw it was that there is bucket load of work needing done for 5 weeks. But I trust the club that it's on schedule.

August Landmesser

Aberdeen won't be moved for TV - all the games have been scheduled until November now.

It's likely that Scott said what he said because it's so long to go

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

True, we only need a shell with H&S certs to hold a game in the beginning. Still a fair amount of steelwork to do though but the glass is coming on fine, bolting the seats will be time consuming tbh & I watched them do the other 3 stands till the end. [emoji4]

Some from today,

89f44f01bb4bd111368ec653d9efa840.jpg

905cfe12868bae647072b607a0606aca.jpg

Fantastic!

Hungry hippo

why?

Edit: its Sky lounge. No line any more. I mean it was never called that

It's still called the Skyline Lounge on the hospitality section of the official website.

From inside the stadium it's going to look like the wheat field with a wee hole in the corner to let vehicles in.

Outside and within it will look stunning

Although the overall height and width facing onto the pitch is like the Wheatfield (by necessity) it looks to me far more impressive than the Wheatfield from inside. The seating deck is a third deeper, is higher, and has a 23% bigger capacity than the Wheatfield. The upper tier has as many rows as the upper and lower sections of the Roseburn put together. I reckon by the time the seats are in, viewed from inside the stadium, the stand is going to look awesome.

Close up I took of the police box - I think it'll get demolished now we've played our last game in front of three stands. If it doesn't, then it'll be staying for good as the photo shows the next lot of steel would have to wrap around it.

134134.png

Any reason the concrete forms can be put inplace with some seats already in place?

It's not concrete we're using, but some higher end lighter compound that's currently en-route from South Korea. Due to dock within the next couple of weeks going by what folk posted here recently

been here before

Lets not compile poorly informed answers into truths.

The Aberdeen game isnt being televised and Sept 9th isnt all that far into the future.

A simple 'next game here at Tynecastle is on Sept 9th v Aberdeen see website for details etc' would surley have been no bother.

Thoughts on the red panels? 

I know it's kinda 'in' just now - I've seen it on lots of new builds - but just think solid maroon would have looked a lot better. 

Buffalo Bill

I know it's kinda 'in' just now - I've seen it on lots of new builds - but just think solid maroon would have looked a lot better. 

Will wait to see the whole thing finished before making a final judgement.

Mr Brightside

I quite like the red, maroon and black panels but really don't like the grey panels.

Lets not compile poorly informed answers into truths.

The Aberdeen game isnt being televised and Sept 9th isnt all that far into the future.

A simple 'next game here at Tynecastle is on Sept 9th v Aberdeen see website for details etc' would surley have been no bother.

Lets not look for things that arent there until we hear otherwise. Edited by Jamboelite

You're not a fan of this stand are you Toggie you seem to have some issues throughout this build.

fireeagle51

Does anyone know for certain if we will be replacing the faded seats in the roseburn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk